[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

What went right?
>>
Great feeling of isolation. Practically no place in the game is safe.
Looking Glass technology is impressive but it makes me wonder why the fuck can't we have functioning mirrors in vidya.
Ammos are just rare enough so that it's usually preferable to think before you go for the fight (until around mid-late game where "Prey" refers to the typhons.
>>
>>381003263
About 5 hours in, can't tell if the pro patch actually did shit compared to the demo. Is hard kinda too hard? Just seems like shit is a bullet sponge.
>>
>>381003263
NOTHING!
>>
It was a better Bioshock game than infinite. Even then it's not saying much
>>
>>381003263
Everything.
>>
>>381003760
I've beaten it with my friend on the hardest difficulty in one drinking session. You just whack everything that doesn't have 'not a mimic' written on them for the first 3 hours and then you have so much ammo you don't care. Get the shotgun asap. Operators are op and too numerous. Also drag everything that isn't bolted to the ground to machine.
>>
>>381004708
Shit i was thinking maybe being drunk was why it was harder on hard but guess not. Wheres the shotgun? The suppressed pistol does fuck nothing against phantoms
>>
>>381003263
The level design. I'm on my 3rd playthrough now. I hope they make more like this.
>>
>>381004948
In the security booth in lobby. You can literally get it 5 minutes into the proper game.
>>
>>381004359
It was a better System shock game than Bioshock.
>>
>>381005116
Oh fuck sake. Now theres a phantom in there having the time of his life. glad i missed it earlier.
>>
Great atmosphere
Minimal hand holding
Tough gameplay
Open-ended level design
>>
>>381005458
Phantoms are rather easy friend, you just have to sidestep those impossibly slow projectiles or potshot them from behind the cover. Psshhh nothing personnel kid are tad bit harder but what is shotgun for eh.
>>
>>381004708
>Also drag everything that isn't bolted to the ground to machine.
Do you need to use Recycler charges for that? Cause I could enver figure out if I could just pick anything I wanted and throw it into the recycler bin.
>>
>>381007319
There is a machine that lets you put half of the room in bubble and then recycle it but it's not worth much sadly. Let me be more precise - get all items and melt them to scrap. Basically everything that isn't healthpack/ammo/guns you are using/weaponpacks. I guess wrench too.
Getting jewish 20% extra early is also good idea, so is maxing hacking. Leaving enough gray/exotic material let's you produce infinite skillups around 3/5 of the game. Slowmo is best power, Typhoon ones are useless AND make your ending worse.
>>
>>381004359
I feel inf had problems with scaling out in every different directions. But i still like the story better in infinite.
>>
Fantastic level design, good music, alien powers are fun
>>
Everything. Its what video games used to be instead of casual/ cinematic games that we get now.
>>
Nothing? This is worst arkane game. Empty, flat and boring
>>
>>381003564
>Looking Glass technology is impressive but it makes me wonder why the fuck can't we have functioning mirrors in vidya.
Play the latest Hitman game, that game has more functioning mirrors in it than the entire videogame industry
>>
>>381009641
yes, yes, hell no
the only interesting one is the mimic ability
>>
>>381010592
it only has 1 working mirror
>>
Post best soundtrack. Prey honestly has one of the best tracklists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-l_Eq42Hrs
>>
Playing right now and liking it simply because they added enough that it doesn't feel like I'm doing the same thing
>spend first few hours slowly creeping around the first areas so I can get a surprise hit in mimics
>psychotronic mask changes this into 'run through everything with the mask on and take out phantoms'
>>
Personal game of the year, better than Bioshock.
>>
>throw a light over the wall on the "rooftop" before the helicopter ride
>it is waiting for me when it is over
What a neat little detail.
>>
its fun but i feel like it should be harder to lose yourself far from ammo resupply, after i finished crew quarters i went cafeteria, then fitness and i had to fight 2 technopaths using only grenades and my wrench, kind of annoying.
then i go back to arboretum and nightmare + phantoms are literally fucking my shit up as soon as i try to go anywhere.

its not like i cant run but i know anywhere i go is going to have enemies respawned and i dont have any ammo at all, except gloo, so i'm having trouble wanting to play atm
>>
>>381011830
Wait, explain
What light?
>>
>>381012532
One of the portable lights in the opening, next to the "maintenance" worker.

I actually want to test it again to show it off but I don't have it installed right now.
>>
>>381010983
Exactly
>>
>>381011830
The speedruns for this game confirm that the intro part is actually literally a simulation in the same map even in-game

If you bust out of the bathroom before the helicopter ride it's the same map as after the disaster
>>
So this is actually pretty good? If I liked doom 2016 would I enjoy this
>>
>>381003263
i want better aliens next time.
please let there be a next time, i don't want to wait (almost) 2 decades again.
>>
>>381014296
I want to know too.
I finished the OG prey last night and loved it, how does this one hold up?
>>
>>381003263
They set out to make a derivative Bioshock clone, and they succeeded with flying colors.
>>
>>381003263
Was there another older game called prey about mutants and shit?
>>
>>381003263
I liked it
>>
>>381014876
>>381014296
just pirate it
imo it was shit and i dropped it halfway through
>>
>>381003263
I uninstalled it after a few hours, the combat is fucking annoying.
>>
>>381003263
The devs remembered what made System Shock good.
>>
>>381014296
>>381014876
It's more like Deus Ex, Dishonored, Half Life and Bioshock (or System Shock) had a baby, and surprisingly, it's good.
>>
>>381005609
All of these
>>
>>381017723
This is really a redundant fucking statement.

Every single one of those games are inspired by System Shock
>>
>>381011403
>Not posting best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahHW2yotVh8
>>
Not the sales or the future of Arkane, obviously
>>
>>381018292
I wish the bar version was on the soundtrack
>>
>>381018475
This, expect their future titles to be casualized
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.