[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VR and other useless horseshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: jewbook.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
jewbook.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
How could the industry fuck up this bad? Even jewbook got in and fucked it. What were they thinking? Why did't valve just shit out a half assed half life 3 to push VR into something?
>>
>>380995361
the bar for entry is laughably high

give it another decade or two and then we'll see where it's at, look at how much progress has been made since the Virtual Boy (which was only 20 years ago)
>>
>>380995361
valve is making full games for vr thats mostly what they are focusing on. Pick up a newspaper sometime jeez.
>>
There was nothing to fuck up. No one cares about VR besides a bunch of literal autists.
>>
>>380995907
>valve is making full games for vr
post something that's not a tech demo you fuck
>>
>>380995361
Still waiting on that Duel Monsters VR.
Oh wait nobody had any idea from the AAA industry what do do with it.
>>
File: 1466863163619.jpg (400KB, 1620x599px) Image search: [Google]
1466863163619.jpg
400KB, 1620x599px
VR had so many things going against it shouldn't have been any surprise that it failed
>>
>>380996259
I can't because its literally being developed like I said lol. Google it you dumb emotional nerd.
>>
>>380996120

You should visit other sides besides 4chan, maybe watch some tv or read a newspaper if you are going to talk about something, normies are adopting vr, not as quickly as corporations would like but at least once a week there's some news about some VR crap on the TV.
>>
>>380996392
>VR had so many things going against
Like big companies with incompetent employees.
I love how corporations allow the blame to be lost through the ranks.
Million dollars loss? huh must be nobodys fault.
>>
>>380996385
>Oh wait nobody had any idea from the AAA industry what do do with it.
It's a just fucking 3D TV on your face you idiot.
>>
>>380995361
Doom 3 VR made me appreciate that game way more than I did before. The game feels like it was designed for it from the start.
>>
>>380996641
Name one good game for VR.
Oh wait you cant except there is huge card monsters fanbase that dueling in VR is canon by design.
People would have been fighting over this.
Were is Konami?
Where is Blizzard?
>>
ITT: We pretend that VR failed
>>
>>380996840
It sure didn't succeed
>>
>>380996826
>Name one good game for VR.
Not him but this is retarded.
Anything anyone will post you'll just shoot down with 'I said good game' so no one will bother with this shit.
>>380997018
So the whole 'VR' thing already ended?
Everyone talks about failing this or failing that as if it was completely over and we were just summarizing what happened.
>>
>>380996840
You mean Facebook ditching the brand for Intel to play with and valve not giving it a proper launch title?
All we saw as teleporters,shooting galleries and badly implemented VR on non VR games.
>>
Well as we all know only nintendo can release a gaming system with no games and still make money.
>>
>>380997235
>Not him but this is retarded.
Excuses,I am still waiting.
>>
>>380997235
Elite: Dangerous
>>
>>380996629
there isnt really anybody you cane blame.
VR was an experiment. many people and companies played around with it, tried to see if they can bring out its potential. turns out they couldn't. lesson learned (although some of them will definitely be trying again some time in the future)
>>
>>380997364
I've enjoyed the fuck out of:
Airtone, To The Top, Virush, Cosmic Trip, Arizona Sunshine, Superhot VR, Awaken, Batman Arkham VR, Serious Sam VR
Like he said though, you will say they are all bad games.
>>
>>380997978
Yeah i can see why one would get so defensive.
>>
I love it when poorfags try to convince themselves that VR has failed
>>
Resident Evil 7. Oh wait, PC hasn't gotten the VR version yet
>>
It's still way too expensive for the average person. A headset is like $800 and you need a $1500 beast of a PC to run things smoothly on max settings.
>>
>>380998713
>$800
$600 for the rift and its controllers
> $1500
My pc runs the games well, built it for about $900
>>
>>380995361
VR is too expensive.

If it is too expensive not many people have it. If not many people have it game creators are not going to spend time and effort putting their games on it.

Therefore there is a very limited number of games worth the VR experience.

Even in the games where VR is supported - it is not completely necessary .
>>
>>380999024
What's your specs? What games?
>>
>>380999294
R9 290x
i5 3570k
8GB RAM

Robo Recall, DiRT Rally, EVE Valkyrie for the most part.
>>
Nobody realised that it should be the next evolution of Point-and-click and detective games.

They do have some games like that, but imagine a game like LA Noire (investigate crime scene, talk to witnesses, interrogate suspects) or something like a first person LucasArts adventure.

Imagine a wildlife/monster photography game like Pokémon Snap (aside: Fucking baffling a sequel never got made for the WiiU)

So far though all we've really been getting is extended tech demos.
>>
>>380998713
best buy has a bundle with rift and touch and a more than good enough PC for $1000. There have been similar bundles elsewhere.

It also comes with $100 credit for games now, on top of the two games it comes with.
>>
Before the end of 2017 -

Several major (hopefully adoption-driving) VR software releases. FO4VR & DOOM VFR, Budget Cuts, at least one of Valves VR games (possibly all three in an 'Orange Box 2').

Valve will be reveal a complete set of new 'SteamVR 2.0' hardware, most likely with no firm date beyond 2018, but not crazy that it could all release this year. They are all driven by their new Base Stations, whose primary features are enormously reduced cost ($10-$50 each, compared to ~$135 for Gen 1) and support for multi-room tracking, but which will not support the current HMDs. The new HMD will be natively wireless and most likely at least slightly higher resolution than the Gen 1. It may or may not be an HTC product (may be 100% Valve, manufacturing and all). It may be of a modular design to deliberately enable consumer upgrades (eg. changing out the display components only, when higher resolution screens become available).

Several wireless VR adapters will come to market.

Windows Holographic (including OS-level 'virtual monitor' functionality, the significance of which cannot be understated) will see its first full release, and the first partner HMDs will come to market.

Facebook and HTC will both fully reveal their 'standalone' HMDs, most likely releasing in the first half of 2018.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.