[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

#SaveOpenIV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: GTAReview.png (230KB, 338x441px) Image search: [Google]
GTAReview.png
230KB, 338x441px
Okay, so in case you didn't know, Take Two interactive recently served a number of third parties cease and desists. Some of these are totally understandable as they messed with GTA Online. One...is unforgiveable. OpenIV was also served a cease and desist. Not only does this mean OpenIV, an extremely popular mod tool allowing the addition of new content to the singleplayer portion of GTA5, will be no more...but also ScripthookV, as its developer was also part of the OpenIV team.

This move was extremely anti-consumer. And as if that wasn't enough Rockstar chose to defame OpenIV in a patently false statement.

"Take-Two's actions were not specifically targeting single player mods. Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody. We are working to figure out how we can continue to support the creative community without negatively impacting our players."

OpenIV does not and never has enabled "harrassment" in GTA Online. Yet Rockstar have so far declined to comment further. We're angry...we're angry and we're set on getting their attention. So far we have dropped 30,000 reviews on Steam telling Take Two just what we think of them. We have achieved this feat in just four days...but we need more.

If you own GTA5 on Steam...and you are as angry as we are we urge you to drop by the GTA5 store page on Steam and leave it a review showing your support for OpenIV.

Thank you,
Anon
>>
File: 43423423.jpg (72KB, 518x518px) Image search: [Google]
43423423.jpg
72KB, 518x518px
>>380995308
>normies are finally realizing that modern Rockstar is shit
>>
>>380995308
i never knew that many people were into modding gtav
>>
>it pulled overall down to mixed
>from being on of the highest rated steam games

christ
>>
>yeah guys let's stick it to the man! fuck rockstar and fuck take-two
>w-what do you mean they already made billions of dollars because people like me bought the game already???
>fuck I have to do something! This isn't right they're fucking over consumers!
>*downvotes GTAV on steam*
>heh that'll show them that I regret having already spent money on their game
>>
>>380995610
Normies don't play GTA on PC or know what mods are.
>>
>>380996181
They aren't. People just saw a bunch of other people doing it so they joined in on it
>>
So can you still mod gta 4 or is it dead?
>>
>>380996298
doesn't really mean anything. GTA5 will still continue to make on the top seller's list.

I won't be too surprised if GTA6 doesn't make it to the PC
>>
>>380996460
>lol, look at all these pussies complaining
>It certainly didn't work with Valve, the very site its hosted on!
>>
>>380995308
Look how this school kid riot literally torn into pieces any chance of Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam.
>>
File: 1425921357346.png (31KB, 127x128px) Image search: [Google]
1425921357346.png
31KB, 127x128px
>>380996649
are you serious?
you would have a point with SAMP, but not V. V is normie/kid central
>>
>>380996664
"My son got killed by a robber! Please anyone help me to bring attention into this important thing so it can be fixed as it should!"

"Lmao neither my son neither those of the people in the march were killed, they just join in for fun"
>>
openIV is the only way to get any non official soundtrack gta tracks
why should they just deny us the ability to listen to the the artists work?
>>
>>380996664

That's fine.

>>380996181

I don't mod games, but that doesn't mean I think modding should be banned. If I owned GTAV, I'd join the protest on principle.
>>
>>380996767
I'm not saying that. I'm saying if you didn't want to support garbage kike business practices then you shouldn't have bought GTAV to begin with, since it was designed around Online exclusively and online was designed around microtransaction cards

>didn't work with Valve
last I checked they're still making billions of dollars and most people don't bat an eye when they do something wrong
>>
So when Metroid AM2R and Pokemon Prism was shutdown people where passing around mega links days afterwards. Is the same thing happening with OpenIV?
>>
>>380995308
TakeTwo is probably trying to get on the paid mod wagon.
I can't think of any other reason to suddenly forbid people from making and using them.
>>
File: curse.jpg (231KB, 869x943px) Image search: [Google]
curse.jpg
231KB, 869x943px
>>380995308
>Its another shit on a good game and falsely review it episode
Fuck off
>>
>>380997885
Because the mod team refused to go open source and were stealing GTAIV assets, probably
>>
>>380996181
I can't speak for anyone else, but mods have been about the only thing to keep the game worth playing after completion.
>>
>>380997870
The owner of the tool was forced to make the tool shit itself when opened, forcing the user to uninstall it. It does not work the same as those examples
>>
>>380995308
all that cry remembers me when the kids start spaming on facebook about dota2 and volvo so sad and lame
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.