[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Nintendo change the zero suit design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: canonically.jpg (45KB, 359x367px) Image search: [Google]
canonically.jpg
45KB, 359x367px
This is probably something that went below most people's radar, but look at pic related.

On the left the suit has a seam in the back that looks like a thong. On the right they changed that detail completely.

Why do you think they changed it, and which design do you prefer?
>>
>>380988863
I prefer Smash 4's design the most.
>>
File: fusionending.png (347KB, 720x414px) Image search: [Google]
fusionending.png
347KB, 720x414px
Metroid Fusion design. Fuck zero suit.
>>
Why do you care?
>>
>>380989116
Which is the same as Other M (right one in OP).
>>380989126
I don't think Nintendo will ever show Samus in bikinis again, it's too revealing.>>380989390
Because it's a change that is clearly visible
>>
File: 500445.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
500445.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I always assumed she wore more than one Zero Suit. The same way she wears more than one suit.
>>
>>380989678
?
>>
>>380988863
>which design do you prefer?
left
>>
>>380988863
>Why do you think they changed it, and which design do you prefer?
Don't care
>>
>>380989971
Yeah OK, but those are throwbacks to Fusion and Zero Mission.
>>380990105
Because it looks like a thong?
>>
>>380990279
>Because it looks like a thong?
yes
>>
>>380990279
Yeah but you just said they wouldn't use them again when they did.
>>
>>380990439
All right. But you may also remember they presented a very ridicolous SJW explanation when they introduced those outfits.
>>
>>380990616
What was the explanation?
>>
>>380990949
"This outfit was designed by a female designer"

Nintendo was so afraid of SJWs they pissed their pants.
>>
>>380991297
Maybe to play it safe? Nintendo is aware of what they're facing but I'm guess they either don't want to cause a scene or want to keep doing what they're doing without any backlash.
>>
>>380991656
Is that image legit or is it just photoshopped text?
>>
>>380991761
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-says-making-political-statements-is-for-others-to-do-nintendo-wants-people-to-smile-and-have-fun/
>>
Sybb you are being really boring again. You need to deviate bit more to really get people talking about the ass topics you masturbate over.
>>
>>380991820
That's great. Thank you, Nintendo.
>>
>>380988863
I prefer the right.(minus the heels of course) The darker blue pattern is more interesting to look at. Frames her figure better, and overall looks more like a solid design. While the left looks underdeveloped.
>>
>>380994385
>frames her figure better
How?
>>
File: Zero_Suit_Samus_alt_Brawl.jpg (38KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
Zero_Suit_Samus_alt_Brawl.jpg
38KB, 500x470px
>>380994534
Notice how in the old version of the suit, the dark blue areas are only on her forearms and calves. But in the new version, the are on the flanks of her torso, going from her hips, up and around her breast and over her shoulders, And down halfway of her back. The pattern suggests a vest like garment, even when there isn't one. Giving the simple one piece suit, the feeling of a more complete outfit.

Also, dark blue area has nice lines that go down the front of her breasts, right over her nipples. down the sides of her abs, and V-lining near her crotch, emphasizing her groin.

And then those lines merge into the inner thigh patch of blue. A well known chafing area, that you would see real pants often have unique fabric and stitching

The blue patches on her knees suggest knee pads. While, interestingly, they didn't cover her feet and hands in blue. Which I take to mean, they were suggesting open hand gloves and naked feet.

Overall, it's a much more interesting and better accentuating pattern.
>>
>>380994385
>Minus the heels

Fuck you I like them
>>
>>380995584
You're entitled to have shit tastes.
>>
>>380995584
I do too.
>>
>>380989390
He's sybb.
>>
>>380989116

This. Even her heels had a function, which justified them being there.
>>
>>380996375
The function of her heels could have been given to any other kind of footwear, that isn't an aesthetic and thematic disaster.
>>
>>380988863
They clearly toned down the sex appeal of the suit.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.