[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paid mods. PAID MODS. That is all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: download.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Paid mods. PAID MODS.
That is all.
>>
Optional paid mods. Not every mod is paid for. That's the modders' decision.
>>
Explain to me how paid mods are bad.
>>
>>380988130
It's like paying for PlayStation Plus.
>>
>>380988130
TL;DR: Modding has stood strong without monetization for years and paid mods are literally just a way for greedy corporate fat cats to get their claws into another source of income to pad their already overblown pockets.
>>
Reminder that paid mods will kill cross franchise modding, no more star wars mods or legend of zelda mods for your elder scrolls.

Reminder that paid mods would only be able to use in game assets to avoid any legal trouble.

Reminder that only shills support paid mods because Valve/Bethesda/Etc would get more money from Nickel and Diming the costs consumer even more, they don't care about the modder.
>>
They're not paid mods. They're free mods that cost money. BIG fucking difference.
>>
>>380988125
Paid mods defense force. The only good paid mod system is a donate button.
>>
>>380989372
>1
Only if unpaid mods are made illegal. Otherwise, there will always be free mods who cross these thresholds.
>2
This is incorrect entirely. The end-user license agreement basically says that any game modification you make and distribute is the property of Bethesda. This includes new game assets. There is no legal question.
>3
100% true. Steam Paid Mods gave something like 95% of the Mod's asking price to Valve and Bethesda, giving the Modder 1/20th of what you paid for it.
>>
>>380987928
>F2p games
>Or paid games

Hmm i wonder which one /v/ thinks is superior and of higher quality
>>
>>380988130
Explain how they're GOOD.

Money will not motivate mod makers to produce better content, just more of it at a lower quality. It will kill cooperation and any mods with copyrighted content. There are no tangible benefits except for partnered mod makers maybe having access to better resources via Bethesda.

This is about making money for Beth, nothing more. No mod makers have made mods in expectation of money, so why do you suppose BETHESDA of all people is telling us they deserve to be paid?

While I could comfortably afford the mods, I plan to pirate them as much as possible.
>>
>>380988130
>release a shitty unfinished game that lacks content and is broken
>other people work hard to fix YOUR shitty game and don't even get paid for it.
>now they make US pay to fix their shit game
>they will still make a profit from other people's work

Basically they've always been releasing unfinished turds so that the modders can basically develop the game for them for free. Now not only do they want to have their game be developed by other people for free like it's always been, they actually want to make money from it now.
>>
>>380989743
>Only if unpaid mods are made illegal
That's slowly becoming the reality with the openiv fiasco.

>This is incorrect entirely
No it isn't, they'd only allow mods made with in game assets to avoid legal problems with people using assets from other games.

>100%.true
Yes it is.
>>
>>380990192
>slowly becoming the reality with openiv
We'll see.
>using assets from other games
Anything ripped from another game would be removed, obviously. Reread. Anything YOU make. That means no TERA Armors and no direct references to specific anime characters, no Witcher stuff, and the like. But unique original content and Elder Scrolls stuff from prior games is 100% on the table.
>>
>>380988130
because mommy won't give me a big enough allowance :(((
>>
>>380990857
hi todd
>>
>>380987928
>implying paid mods is a bad thing
Pfff. Okay kid
>>
>>380990857

Ironically the only people who will buy these mods will be children who like the novelty of a dwarven mudcrab.
>>
>>380989743
>The end-user license agreement basically says that any game modification you make and distribute is the property of Bethesda.
IIRC, that has never actually been tested and it's a bit of a legal gray area. I'm not sure Bethesda could claim ownership of the story, characters, lore, and universe of Enderal just because they used Skyrim as a base.
>>
Unless the content creator gets 90%+ of the cut, how can you consider it to be anything else BUT another way for Bethesda to make money?
>>
>>380991676
SHUT up you'll anger Todd.
>>
I don't give a shit about the mods stuff. I'm just happy that I'm getting a new Wolfenstein.
>>
>>380989194
Modding has always been a broken piece of shit. No one is going to put serious time into a pet project.
>>
>>380991405
we have huge projects underway already behind closed doors. collaboration efforts between some of us people that are already in the program. you'll see how good this whole situation turns out. already more ambition and higher standards of quality than any mod released in the past 6 years
>>
File: dWP3Ujl.png (49KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
dWP3Ujl.png
49KB, 230x300px
>>380989194
fact
>>380991897
opinion
>>
>>380991897
Enderal is most definitely a pet project and people spent years on that thing.
>>
The mod community is quite largely against the idea of paying for mods. What this will do is separate modders who make mods altruistically and those who do it for profit. Then you'll know who you can trust.
>>
>>380987928
fallout 4 was so fucking mediocre i'll never play it again, i bought no dlc as it wasn't worthy of my money, so paid mods?.. lol they can fuck right off.
>>
>>380992078
how many enderals are out there? not many. How much faster could it have been completed with payment? much faster.

How many mods would have been lost because someone was paid to make an enderal tier mod? none
>>
>>380990857
t. Jew
>>
>>380987928
it's ok everybody just calm down , THEY ARE NOT MODS , a professional modder and youtuber told me so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoNjAepewz0
>>
I'm gonna seed so much paid mods just as a fuck you.
>>
File: 1490129324993.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1490129324993.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>>380991897

Well, you're wrong.
>>
>>380988125
Fuck off shill.

>>380990192
This.
Fight tooth and fucking nail for your games and mods. Call corporates faggots.

>>380991964
fuuuck ooofff shhillll
>>
>>380992327
>How many mods would have been lost because someone was paid to make an enderal tier mod? ALL
fixed.
>>
>>380992327
>how many
Over a dozen major content additions/total conversions.
>how much faster
None because they were labors of love, not cash-grabs to make a quick buck.
And also, you've forgotten that paid mods give Modders 0 up-front, meaning production is not sped up in any capacity. It's on a per-purchase basis last I checked. Please feel free to source me up if this is untrue.
>>
File: bartamis.png (160KB, 326x276px) Image search: [Google]
bartamis.png
160KB, 326x276px
>>380992336
>they're mods
HMM
fucking shills.
>>
File: 1448565685887.jpg (25KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
1448565685887.jpg
25KB, 500x303px
>>380991676
90%? What do you need 75% for? 25% is too much .
>>
Answer me this, if this was a "way to help modders" why didn't Bethesda just hold a competition or whatever to find some new people to hire? This is a shitty cash grab while also fucking the community over.

Anyone who supports this is either a faggot who thinks he'll make money off this or a retard. A complete retard.
>>
>>380992739
Did you even watch the video? he said they are clearly not and should not be treated as such
>>
>>380992548
why are you mad that people will finally make anything worthwhile? if all you want is more epic titty mods and gangbangs with horses then you already have those for free and they won't be affected at all
>>
>>380991964
>already more ambition and higher standards of quality than any mod released in the past 6 years

I doubt monetization is going to lead to "higher quality" mods. What motivation does a modder have but to make the bare minimum in order to push out mod after mod for the sake of profit?

This will be especially true if small cosmetic mods maintain their popularity in such an environment. Why waste weeks or months making an ambitious or game changing mod when easier made player accessory mods sell better?
>>
>>380992654
>over a dozen
>prob 13, literally still in the teens
>implying they are balanced and not just some mods that adds 300+ of something that completely break the game but they look cool

> paid mods give Modders 0 up-front
Does trying to sell anything ever give anyone anything up front? Even with funding you still want to speed up production because every day you work adds to the total you need to make back to justify working on it.

not to mention your mods aren't being taken away. I can't wait for this to go live so everyone can feel dumb. The onlny thing beth fucked up is in announcing this without having it be available within a week with content or concept already shown. They blew their load too early and barely explained it so nobody understands it.
>>
>>380993056
You know they aren't just letting every random dipshit post mods on their storefront, right? There's essentially a hiring process
>>
>>380993093
You just admitted to paid mods being rushed garbage. Now go away.
>>
>>380993242
this is how all video games work

are all video games rushed garbage

what the fuck. This is how literally everything in business works. You lose money every day you spend working on anything before actually selling it.
>>
>>380993220

All this means is the new sword models and new armor models will be high-quality.
>>
>>380988125
>Optional paid mods.

Imagine having the OPTION to choose which mods you use. Astounding. Truly innovation is here.
>>
>>380987928
There was a huge new game that Bethesda announced on E3 its called capitalism.
>>
>>380993412
HAHAHA, as if. They will do as little of work as possible to shovel out mods fast and earn the most money.

Expect endless reskins of swords and guns.
>>
>>380993220
And we don't know how they're going to curate submissions. We don't know what standards they're held to or what guarantee customers have. How long will the mod be supported after release? What happens if the modder cannot fix a bug in their mod? What about compatibility and conflict issues with other mods?
What if the modder disappears and no longer updates their mod? What are refund policies?

There's a lot of holes in this system and I doubt very much it's going to be successful.
>>
File: 1497775365156.png (153KB, 276x347px) Image search: [Google]
1497775365156.png
153KB, 276x347px
This is why you need creation club© in your life, I mean look what Free Range mods did to ME! They fuck up your game, they fuck up your experience, they fuck up my face. THIS is why creation club™ is needed, to guarantee YOU get the same equal treatment. Do you WANT to be screwed over by mods that break your game? NO, that's our job, and we'll bring YOU the best experience that 99-token horse pussy has to offer!
>>
File: 1403705599017.jpg (17KB, 256x350px) Image search: [Google]
1403705599017.jpg
17KB, 256x350px
>>380993456
>he thinks the next bethesda RPG will have a public creation kit
>he thinks the next bethesda RPG will have the option to run mods that are not listed in the club
>>
File: shitty edit.jpg (588KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shitty edit.jpg
588KB, 846x1024px
>>380993682

Here's a book for you. you might like it.
>>
>>380993764
Retard
>>
>>380993851

I edited it to make it relevant
>>
You can exchange money for goods and services. I've you pay money for mods you have less money for other pleasures.
>>
I would only pay for "mods" if they would be as big as Dawnguard, otherwise Nexusmods works great and has so many great mods

Nvm i wouldnt pay for mods, i rather donate to the makers of my fav ones like i did before
>>
>>380988130
i would only be okay with paid mods if the modders got 100% of the money from the sales. Even 10% going to Bethesda/Valve/Whoever is too much.
>>
exactly, they're 3rd party DLC (and DLC is nothing more than paid 1st party mods).

so yeah, totally not mods.
>>
>>380993682
Whatever chess club ;^)
>>
>>380993016
>>380993020
Fuck off shill.

>>380993601
Exactly this. Don't fucking joke yourselves. They delibrately did this just to piss on real gamers, see: mudcrab armor and horse armor

>>380993938
This. I'm not paying for a mod unless it's an unofficial expansion, Total conversion, or something as equally heavy.
>>
>>380988130
it is exploitative of the content creators. it is essentially 'gig economy' for game dev. turning jobs that previously would have been done by actual employees into non-employee positions (without a real wage, or benefits, or even illusion of job security / advancement opportunities) paid cents for every dollar they generate for the company. this is the real problem with it.

it WILL destroy modding as it has existed until now

it will lead to an even worse state of 'mods will fix it'/'empty sandbox you fill with DLC' game design. a far worse experience for consumers.
>>
>>380988130
Fucking idiot can't you even read instruction.
It says to fucking promote CREATION CLUB and it's N-O-T paid mods!
How can you be so stupid I wonder.
Creaton club is Bethesda caring about its userbase you moron.
>>
>>380994849
>it will lead to an even worse state of 'mods will fix it'/'empty sandbox you fill with DLC' game design. a far worse experience for consumers.

assuming there will even be public mods left. remember how DLC killed modding because companies didn't want to compete with hordes of neets and planned obsolescence makes the sequel sell better?

in the long run bethesda will just fuck themselves over "because we want the dota2/cs:go audience".
people have fixed their shit for free and were ok it being buggy shit because they new someone will fix it. good luck with that.
fuck the only reason people are still willing to pay high prices for skyrim and FO4 5 years later is due to mods.
>>
>>380988125
>>380988130
Todd's shills
>>
How long until we can pay for early access mods?
>>
>>380987928
I would PAY for Bethesda to mod proper XInput support into Oblivion.
>>
I would pay for Bethesda to stop marketing on /v/. The fo4 shilling threads are annoying. They should just pour that money into game development, if they had any knowledge of it.
>>
>people bitch about paid mods
>but still gladly pay to be allowed to use their internet service that they're already paying their internet service provider for
>>
>>380996994
>two wrongs
>one right
Pick one (I)
>>
Yes we fucking now, stop making threads about it now.
>>
File: 1466763785322.jpg (19KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
1466763785322.jpg
19KB, 600x339px
>>380988130
>>380990857

>Bethesda consistently releases messy, broken games
>some of the most popular mods are the ones that fix their game
>Bethesda now gets a cut of money from that mod being sold
>you're now indirectly paying Bethesda to have some random person fix their game

How can anyone support this? You're literally financially incentivizing them to release busted games
>>
>>380991964
>Todd is literally posting ITT
>>
>>380998850
nope, just one of the people hired by them to work on mods for their store
>>
File: 1402167457332.jpg (278KB, 1325x600px) Image search: [Google]
1402167457332.jpg
278KB, 1325x600px
>>380996994
slow down cocksucker, because i also have to pay the electricity to run the internet equipment too

wow bethesda is actually doing us a favor by fucking our ass if you think about it!
>>
>>380999246

Skyrim's Daedric armor was the perfect amount of edge.
>>
>>380999246
Paying your ISP for your Internet makes sense.
Likewise, paying the EPI for your electricity makes sense as well.

Having to pay the platform provider of your system, just because they're greedy fucks, in order to be allowed to use your Internet with their platform. Makes zero sense.
It'd be like having to pay Microsoft or Intel or whoever an extra fee in order for your computer to accept the power it's plugged into.
>>
>>380999246
man morrowind really did have the best daedric armor
>>
Why are people surprised? All companies care about is profit. This is just another example of capitalism ruining entertainment media
>>
>>381000004
best every armor really. don't know what the fuck they were thinking when they designed Oblivion's armor, all fucking horrible. skyrim has some ok ones but are mostly pretty plain
>>
>>380988125
oh, you mean exactly like the last time they tried this?
>>
>>380987928
kek
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.