[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so, so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: the surge.jpg (938KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
the surge.jpg
938KB, 2560x1600px
What went so, so wrong?
>>
Combat is incredibly slow and its just not fun
>>
>>380974621
>combat is focused on lock-on mechanic

Dropped it right fucking there.
>>
>need to cut off shit of useless enemies
>need to grind to upgrade weapons
>need to grind to make weapons

autism the game, this isn't the dark souls formula
>>
Literally nothing. It is the first good Souls-inspired game to date
>>
>>380974621
Garbage Engine.
Everything is ridiculously slow.

It's like they've never played a Dark Souls game, and instead just read a bunch of shit about it, and made their game.

It's seriously like playing Telephone with teh Souls formula.
>>
>>380974621

It feels like an even clunkier Demon's Souls combat wise
>>
>>380975890
Said nobody ever
>>
>>380976087
Not even fucking From had much success re-creating DS1.
Hell I'm convinced that it was an accident and it's not even possible.
I mean look at it objectively, DS1 an unfinished mess of ideas, half of them going nowhere in a world that seems to float in the middle of space with like 30 people in it.
You can't recreate that on purpose without somewhere down the line someone saying hey that's bullshit that's not gonna work.
>>
It just got boring really quickly. The aesthetic sucked, the level design sucked, the bosses weren't cool at all.

Combat is better than it was in Lords of the Fallen and the limb cutting was a neat gimmick for the first few hours, but meh. Decent effort considering this is the same team that shit out Lords of the Fallen which was fucking TERRIBLE and this isn't that, but I had no desire to finish it after killing the first two bosses and moved on to other things.
>>
>>380978270

>Level design sucked

Nigga, if this game did anything right, it was the level design. What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>380974621
I dont know, I killed the first boss and got bored after that.
Now what I didnt like was constantly cutting off body parts to upgrade or create new ones, the whole overcharging mechanic and the slow combat .
>>
>>380979078
Not him... but

>Everything looks the same
>What did these green buttons open? Who fucking knows.
>Idea of "shortcuts" is just randomly placed access walkways

The Surge has shit everything. I don't know how you could say it has good level design unironically.
>>
>>380974676
>Combat is incredibly slow and its just not fun

It's like they learned nothing from LotF.
>>
>>380974621

Still a better Soulsborne game than Dark Souls 2
>>
It's the typical souls like that focuses on the combat only.

DaS is about the journet, the traps, the exploration, the world, etc.
That's centered around the combat, but you can't JUST copy the combat with your own spin on it.
>>
Everything was bland and boring without a single shred of originality.
>>
its nice to see all these buttmad FROMdrones
>game is slow
no its not
Souls is slow and clunky as fuck but thats okay since its made by BASED JAPANESE DEVS XD

fucking cancer all of you tbqh
>>
>>380980412
Dark Souls is way faster paced than lords of the fallen, especially Bloodborne and DS3.
>>
>>380975890
>It is the first good Souls-inspired game to date

Nioh exists
>>
>>380979512
That should be the tagline for the special edition
The Surge: We Didn't Learn A Damn Thing From Making LotF
>>
>>380981085

No one gives a shit about LotF. We're discussing Surge
>>
>>380974621

They thought what made Souls games popular was the combat system when in reality people played them because they were dungeon crawlers. Its the exploration and adaptation which makes Souls games popular.
>>
>>380980412
>no its not

have not you need any footage of the game?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.