[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expectations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: Cyberpunkj.jpg (538KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunkj.jpg
538KB, 1920x1200px
Expectations?
>>
>>380973642
50 hours cutscenes, 50 hours running from marker to marker, 20 hours of a really engaging minigame.
>>
File: NoMansSkyCompleted.jpg (140KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
NoMansSkyCompleted.jpg
140KB, 1200x900px
>>380973642
Worse than No Mans Sky
>>
>>380973756
At least that means that the underwhelming actual gameplay will be reduced to a minimum
>>
>>380973756
Well atleast it's in the future so melee will be cut to a minimum. It's hard to fuck up shooting.
>>
>Fetch quests THE GAME
>>
I've been there through development of almost every CDPR game (excluding the very first Witcher)
>It will be looking very promising and groovy on trailers.
>Newer trailer will be more colorful but still with pretty graphics and impossible promises.
>The actual game will be good but still bland as fuck because of shitty management and mixing ideas that did not add up and created an average triple A title with some interesting ideas that were not fleshed out enough.
>>
Reminder that CDPR mentioned shared hubs, so it's another Destiny clone. And that unannounced IP Bethesda is working on? Destiny clone too. Hope you like grinding bullshit.
>>
Nothing apart from what theyve already told about it.
Theres zero material out to make predictions from.
Witcher 3 in the future with character creation.
>>
>>380974415
completely wrong
it is multiplayer game
>>
>>380973642
probably not gonna top Witcher 3. betting they'll have some sort of fuck up like always online or Denuvo or some other bullshit like that that bombs the game.
>>
>>380974215
They simply have to not fuck up combat and it already will shit on the Witcher Trilogy...
>>
>>380974507
Itll have multiplayer elements. AC, deus ex, mass effect all had a tacked on mp but it doesnt make them a mp game.
>>
>>380974512
>Denuvo
>ruins the game
You people are the worst
>>
File: The Witcher 3 vs Gothic 2.png (3MB, 2280x794px) Image search: [Google]
The Witcher 3 vs Gothic 2.png
3MB, 2280x794px
>>380973642
If it will be anything like The Witcher 3, then it's garbage
>>
>>380974283
I love Destiny so this sounds good.
>>
>>380974625
No it will have "living online hubs" and "bigger than everything we did before" which are codewords for destiny clone.
>>
>>380974512
>always online or Denuvo or some other bullshit
You know that CDPR is owned by CDP? The owner of GOG? The platform that is full DRM-free and has 100% optional client? The platform that had DRM-free Witcher 3 where you could play it offline freely without even launching GOG Galaxy?
>>
>>380974684

can't get online if I crack it,so it's indeed ruining the game
>>
None
>>
File: chechem4.jpg (6KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
chechem4.jpg
6KB, 430x320px
If it's going to be like witcher 3 you can expect batman vision, batman combat, skin deep rpg mechanics, muh racism, muh badass female characters, shitty derivative Eragon-tier plot which redditors pretend like it's Shakespeare and obnoxiously political themes.
>>
A superb RPG
>>
>>380974834
you are a nigger
>>
>>380973642
I really liked the Witcher games but I felt the pre-established lore of the book series somewhat persistently got in the way of developing a consistent video game universe. This game will be an interesting test on whether CDP will flourish without the confines of someone else's story or will be too weak to stand on their own in that regard.

I expect the gameplay and most technical aspects to be pretty good on their won, but writing is where this will really be a new avenue for them.
>>
A great game I should hope. Also that they learned from developing tw3. It would be nice to see

>Less batman vision quests
>Smoother means of traversing the world
>More meaningful points of interests
>Not showing off certain technologies they don't follow up

There was an article some time ago which seems to indicate they're very aware of most of faults tw3 had, and that they're going to try and avoid those mistakes in the future. Also with things like BaW already improving on a lot, and the devs openly appreciating BOTW's less hand-holdy open world design, I'm fairly optimistic.
>>
Oh, and I also think that it's a great thing they're not leashed to Sapkowski's stories anymore. CDPR were always much better at creating their own stories rather than follow up on established plot lines.
>>
It's going to have a really shitty and cliche story. It's based on the fucking Cyberpunk 2020 book, the city fucking is called "The Night City", its childish 90s writing. Now granted, they're moving to 2077 and maybe will change some of the shittier themes, but we'll see what the Pondsmith (aka the creator of stories with a depth of a fucking pond) allows for.

The gameplay wasn't ever CDPR's strong suit. It's also the first time they're doing a shooter and on their own engine too. The rumors say that it's a TPP shooter, so you can be sure it's Deus Ex levels of hugging cover and peaking for free headshots. At least with Witcher they had the 1 and 2 to build something, here they have no experience, they'll go for the most basic shit.
>>
>>380975418
they chose the cyberpunk setting specifically to create a witcher clone with batman vision mechanics. They can say that they took veteran feedback to heart but that isn't going to make them normie money. They're most likely going to rehash the worst, most casualised aspects of w3 and shit out another "rpg" dating sim. I wouldn't get too hyped if I were you
>>
>>380975418
>>Smoother means of traversing the world
You mean like more fast travel nodes?
>>
>>380973642
The Witcher in the future.
>>
It will be a weird indie-level concept game given AAA level polish with no regard to it actually being fun to play. People will be scratching their heads wondering why this game exists while everyone else pretends its the best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>380975821
No, less clunky Roach 2.0 controls.
>>
I don't really know, I wouldn't mind a good mmo in cyberpunk settin, but then again
>mmo
>good
>>
>>380973642
Will be an solid nu-RPG with exceptional production values and good writing which will make bethesdas/biowares recent games look like indie titles. Gameplay will be pretty good since good shooting is easier to make than good swordplay. /v/ will pick apart and exaggregate every flaw since it came out after the 2000s
>>
I expect I'll play the shit out of it.
>>
>>380976486
this
>>
batman vision
quest gps
diversity that calls attention to itself nonstop
>>
I really, really want there to be partys, and I'm pretty sure they've been "confirmed", as CDPR stated that the girl in the trailer is recruitable. I think that might mean she can join your group, but I'm guessing it just means on your side. As in you either killer her or get quests/help from her.
Aside from that hopefully improvements to combat. More weight, less awkward movement, and more focus on the environment. More RPG. Not just more choices but building my character. I don't want to just be a rifler wielder. I want to be a tank with a minigun, or a stealthy sniper. Witcher 3 isn't an RPG and it isn't just because I can't choose to be a bad guy. It's because you can't build Geralt anyway that isn't sword fighter. I can't equip an axe, or go full magic. I'm forced to use swords. People will tell you "You can build to use magic!" but that's only occasionally throwing some weak ass fire spell at somebody like it was pocket sand.
>>
>>380973642
>Expectations?
It might release one day.
>>
That there's no neo-synthpop or guitars in the soundtrack. It should all be early 90s industrial.
>>
>>380980229
agreed, that'd be good, maybe synthpop in bars or something like that if they really want to put something like that in
>>
>>380981076
Musical diversity where that's appropriate is acceptable. I just personally want a more unique and probably unused portion of the genre to have some presence. The supposed magnitude of Cyberpunk 2077 begs to have a wider acknowledgement of past culture.
>>
>>380973642
>Expectations?
Human Revolution tier or a bit better
>Hopes
Much greater
>>
>>380974834
nice job there Mr. Bateman
>>
Are we going to pick a role (Solo, Techie, etc) or stick to it or mix all up with some sort of skill trees?
>>
>>380983503
That's not known.
>>
>>380980229
Yes please
Just hearing the garbage that plays in nuPrey's intro put me on edge, I don't think I could stomach a game with that crap as the entire soundtrack.
>>
>>380973642
BLACK HOLES
LIVING IN THE SIDE OF YOUR FACE
RAZOR WIRES SPINNING AROUND YOUR, ROUND YOUR, ROUND YOUR, ROUND YOUR-
BLISTERING SKY
BLISTERING SKY
BLISTERING SKY

BULLETS ARE THE BEAUTY OF THE BLISTERING SKY
BULLETS ARE THE BEAUTY AND I DON'T KNOW WHY

[SPOILER]PERSONAL
RESPONSABILITY
PERSONAL
RESPONSABILITY[/spoiler]
>>
>>380983932
epic fail
>>
>>380983932
poor execution
>>
>>380973642
I expect it to come out in my lifetime
>>
I honestly just want to hear the music

The game can be utter shit, but if it delivers some good cyberpunk tracks im completely fine
>>
>>380973642
Witcher with guns and implants
>>
File: 1496185409746.jpg (353KB, 616x693px) Image search: [Google]
1496185409746.jpg
353KB, 616x693px
>>380973642
literally doesn't exist
the trailer was pure b8 advertisement to motivate highly qualified neckbeards to go work at CDPR for a shitter eastern euro salary
>>
>>380973642
I just like how they include the release date in the title. Very nice of them.
>>
>>380984821
Cont. ...

What fallout was to oblivion.
>>
>>380984861
Wageslaves and eternal crunchtime make for better games.
>>
>>380974283
>"connected" features automatically make it a Destiny clone
what, with games of this size these days that's just basic anti-piracy and good salesmanship for the most part
>>
>>380973642
For it to come out in the next 2 years
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.