[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to play this for the first time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: header.jpg (47KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
Recommended mods if any?
>>
>>380967282
Always remember that the GEP gun is the most silent way to take down Manderley.
>>
>>380967282
Skip that shit.

It was cool when it came out, but it aged really badly. You can play the latest ones if you want new graphics, but the gameplay is casual and dumbed down.

Just wait a few days for the big Steam sale, and grab the new Prey for 10-20% off. It's easily the best game of the last 15 years.
>>
>>380967282
Its called human revolution
>>
>>380967282
deus exe is all you need
>>
Just play it raw OP, I'm not super huge on old games, but I played it like 2 years ago and thought it was GREAT! Better than all of its sequels as well.
>>
File: godfromthemachine.jpg (343KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
godfromthemachine.jpg
343KB, 750x1000px
>>380967282
The gameplay is clearly dated and has flaws, but despite everything I think the first game did the conspiratorial atmosphere better than all the later ones did.
If you like an interesting gameworld, then I highly recommend playing the first DX.
Anyway, Rifles is the most versatile combat skill since it applies to the most kinds of weapons. You should put at least one level into Heavy Weapons in order to make them viable. Computers is good because it not only gives you more exploration options but also gives you access to more world-building and plot-related documents.

Swimming and Resistance are the two pretty much useless skills. Put all your points into them to give yourself the hardmode/stupid playthrough.
>>
Pick the GEP gun and swimming
>>
>>380967282
Shifter removes some of the sucky bits from the game without changing too much.
>>
Download deus ex revision on steam, play.
>>
you could throw on some texture mods to make it less ugly but the gameplay is fine as it is.
>>
>>380967282
Get Deus Exe aka Kentie launcher. Install new vision if you're really autismo and need slightly improved textures. Otherwise play the game as is the first time. More importantly don't just quit because you're too shit to beat Liberty Island and then come to complain about how it's "dated".
>>
>>380969326
completely ignore this
>>
>>380967282
Deus Exe and Directed 3D Renderer for 1080p. You shouldn't need anything else to get this game up to date that it if you're not a faggot
>>
File: asked for this.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
asked for this.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
Thanks dudes. Anything I should know about investing skills?

I found System Shock a bit of a pain since not leveling the right stuff meant next to no progression.
>>
Just play it raw dawg. There are some texture packs but they ruin the fucking models in the game so they're not worth it. If they have an option without the model changes then go for it.
Also the game doesn't look that bad if you are playing at modern resolutions. Something comfy about these early 00s games in modern resolutions. Everything is so clean and crisp.
>>
>>380969605
Put as many points as possible in swimming
>>
>>380969605
maximum swimming
>>
File: smiles.jpg (163KB, 522x537px) Image search: [Google]
smiles.jpg
163KB, 522x537px
>>380969654
>>
>>380969605
Computers is the god skill
You want to level both electronics and lockpicking at least once
One weapon skill is enough, you can't go wrong with any
Environmental is utter shit and swimming is usefull maybe twice in the whole game.
>>
>>380967282
GEP gun is best choice at start
explosives and melee can break some locked doors
you can skip some of the bosses

I recommend playing vanilla at first, and replay later with mods or different versions.
>>
File: prod.jpg (23KB, 291x275px) Image search: [Google]
prod.jpg
23KB, 291x275px
>>380967282
Stick with the Prod. Prod with the Prod. Just in case, though, we're police.
>>
>>380969791
you can't get stuck in deus ex. Just find out what you want to level but I'd recommend swimming to at least 2, not for the memes but because it's actually useful on a few spots and fun to use if higher than 1.

Also >no progession in System Shock
if you built a jack of all trades character maybe
>>
File: 1488479271287.jpg (42KB, 363x651px) Image search: [Google]
1488479271287.jpg
42KB, 363x651px
>>380969998
Fun fact: Paul himself does not actually favor use of the prod while performing his duties.
>>
>>380967282
No mods.
Stick to the prod.
Max swimming, it pays off later.
>>
>>380970070
meant for >>380969605
>>
>>380970070
I don't remember any spots where swimming was particularly useful where it couldn't just be supported by rebreathers or cheesing it with health regen aug
>>
>Modding a first playthrough unless the game desperately needs it for bug fixes
Shiggydig
>>
new vision 1.5
gmdx
>>
>>380967282
I recommend GMDX. Although you might want to wait since 9.0 is coming on July 1st.
>>
>>380967282
Tell me about JC
Why does he wear the sunglasses?
>>
>>380970285
well Hong Kong is an obvious example where the map gets much more fun with decent swimming when you can just explore without having to Quickload if you missuse the rebreather just to check something out which wasn't worthwhile in the end. Other than that I don't have any specific examples. Mission 3 features some water sections/routes I have enjoyed and since leveling it to level 2 is basically free it's not that wasted. By the end of the game you won't know what to put points into anyway so might as well spend the 500 early. That is if you're playing stealth.
>>
How does one play a heavy weapons build? Burn everyone?
>>
File: Gasgrenadedx1.jpg (8KB, 318x237px) Image search: [Google]
Gasgrenadedx1.jpg
8KB, 318x237px
>>380970075
Don't even use gas grenades, damn hypocrite
>>
>tfw i love the gameplay
>Can never actually make it out of new york
I Don't know what it is. I always stop playing at the airbase
>>
File: lmfao.png (984KB, 1166x849px) Image search: [Google]
lmfao.png
984KB, 1166x849px
>>380967968
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.