[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: sixteenNine.img.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sixteenNine.img.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
What went wrong?
>>
Everything went wrong.
>>
The real Bioware A-team was busy making Anthem and the B-team is making Dragon Age 4. All that was left were incompetent fools and sjws.
>>
I stopped playing after the first real mission, does it get better ?
>>
File: 1497082033634.jpg (40KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1497082033634.jpg
40KB, 604x604px
>>380967132
A studio who based 95% of its hires on affirmative action instead of talent without giving a fuck about race, gender, or sexual orientation, was told to make a real video game.
>>
>>380967471
>>380967230
/thread
>>
>>380967132
Bioware style open-world.
>>
>>380967132
>Completely different people that had nothing to do with original trilogy other than multi element for one game were making a new title with heavy leftist agenda of diverse. boring and fucking ugly characters and repetitive boring quests with nonexistent plot.
What could have gone wrong?
>>
>>380967132
does the game actually looks this good as in the screenshot?
>>
>>380967132
SJWs
>>
>>380967132
Buggy as hell. It really needed 2 more months in testing.
>>
basically everything
original project was scrapped mid-development, people left and weren't replaced increasing workload, understaffed, people who didn't know how to work with engine, general incompetence, internal studio politics, tumblr tier writing, pop culture quotes, typical bioware forced political correctness
I tried playing the multiplayer yesterday and got sever rubberbanding on a host that showed perfect quality in lobby
game is unsalvageable shit
I wish I could ask my money back
>>
>>380967814
If you play on PC it can, yes.
>>
File: 1439168327641.jpg (18KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1439168327641.jpg
18KB, 240x240px
>>380967132

I don't know, it was a great game to get stoned to. Suit yourself for playing it sober and with the default character.
>>
none of the characters are interesting
i barely played beyond the second planet
mp is still fun tho i guess for a few dozen hours
>>
>>380967814
Well if your eyes are that bad then yes..
>>
>>380967132
What didn't?
>>
>>380967132

1) Bioware no longer exists. EA Designated two studios who were under generic 'EA Orlando/EA Dallas/ etc..' to become 'Bioware Dallas' and such. The teams in these studios had never worked with Bioware before. Nearly all of Bioware's senior and mid-level staff and management left the company before Mass Effect 3 shipped and you can tell.

All Andromeda needed to be was a 4X-Lite Colony management sim that was heavily focused on action and exploration of finely crafted areas. From Voice Acting, to animation, to story design, to character design, to quest design, the entire game falls flat on its face.

The worst part is, Bioware closed down their forums a while back under the pretense that 'reddit and social media have made forums redundant' but in reality it's to guarantee no one complains.
>>
>>380967471
>The real Bioware
>when literally everybody with talent and experience have been long kicked out from BioWare

que
>>
File: Neverending Story.jpg (634KB, 1024x692px) Image search: [Google]
Neverending Story.jpg
634KB, 1024x692px
>>380967132
http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428
>>
More than anything outsourcing and cutting corners by the sound of it.
>>
File: xlarge.img.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xlarge.img.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
does that mean Anthem has a chance?
>>
>>380968254
It's not even an RPG
>>
>>380968123
you have to go back, Pedro
>>
>>380968125
archive or gtfo
>>
>Original director had lofty vision of hundred+ procedural generated planets, full space flight, zero loading, complex animation system, etc|
>Frostbite 3 a nightmare to work with when implementation drastic new systems into the engine
>Entirety of pre-production was spent muddling around with this vision and failing to get most of the tools, engine features, etc working in a state that could lead to full production
>No solid vertical slice was accomplished
>Only the combat system and Nomad driving were implemented mostly in full
>Original director fired / let go / quit
>New director (Mac Walters) sent from ANTHEM to salvage whatever he could of Montreal's mess
>1.5 year dev cycle to produce Andromeda
>Had to start entirely from scratch in planet design and layout, game structure, etc
>Majority of writing and quest design completed in this period due to bungled pre-production
>Poor project management left major departments like animation and programming massively understaffed
>Lots of outsourcing

The entire situation is somewhat reminiscent (though with different beats) to Kojima Productions and Metal Gear Rising, in that pre-production was spent fucking around with technology and ideas that were never fully formed or implemented in a coherent vertical slice. The idea is you leave pre-production with a solid vertical slice of all your core game systems and a focused vision on what needs to be built through production. With Andromeda they had none of that, and basically entered production having to re-envision the scope of the game and what needed to be made.

Disaster on all fronts.
>>
>>380967132
nothing
>>
The game just isn't interesting or engaging. I moved the game folder to a new hard drive and Origin fucked up deleting everything.. I wasn't even mad. I have zero drive to finish the game. Even if you took the ME label off it is still a mediocre sci-fi action game. Honestly someone of the voice acting sounds like they just had devs read the lines
>>
File: Youreameanonemrgrinch.gif (3MB, 689x251px) Image search: [Google]
Youreameanonemrgrinch.gif
3MB, 689x251px
What went right?
>>
>>380967132
I don't know, everyone seems to busy talking about the animations and nothing else about the game. So for all I know the gameplay could be fantastic with some great writing but it's all held back by the animations.
>>
>>380968125
>kotaku
>>
>>380968492
that kotaku article has a lot of excuses made for the team, but it still displays what a clusterfuck development was

>spend couple of years working on the game over at montreal
>time to show something comes and they have nothing ready
>edmonton has to get involved
>montreal see as it as meddling for no good reason and two teams supposedly can't stand one another
>ea finally steps in tells them to make to goddamn game and they have two years to make it
>>
>>380967132
i was gonna buy this... guessing i shouldn't?
>>
>>380969265
Fuck no
>>
File: proper cultural representation.png (161KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
proper cultural representation.png
161KB, 500x750px
Here we have this child, he needs a surgery. Lets give some orderlies the task of doing it, what can go wrong?
>>
>>380969265
It's not that bad. Gameplay is streamlined ME1.
>>
>>380968378
hownew.ru
>>
File: 1490129361629.png (72KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1490129361629.png
72KB, 1127x685px
>>380968125
https://pastebin.com/p0dFR8bb
>>
>>380969885
Thanks Sara.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.