[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are the motion controls in Splatoon 2? Better than the first game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: H2x1_NSwitch_Splatoon2.jpg (996KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
H2x1_NSwitch_Splatoon2.jpg
996KB, 2000x1000px
How are the motion controls in Splatoon 2? Better than the first game?
>>
>>380963571
They felt jankier in the testfire. Almost like if there was some input lag. I think it'll get fixed by release.
Otherwise, pro and default grip are too lightweight and narrow, split joycons work noicely but you'll have to relearn, and the comfiest config for motion controls is, surprisingly, handheld mode (but it makes you dizzy, so I'd prefer if they released a wide joycon grip instead).
>>
Felt the exact same to me.
If you're a pleb who cant handle gyro at least in Splatoon 2 you can completely disable them unlike in 1.
I personally always liked it. Stick for wide swings, gyro for precise aiming.
>>
>>380964726
>unlike in 1
But you can disable it in 1.
>>
>>380964726
The problem in the first was that the gamepad was too big and heavy to aim comfortably.
If you can detach the joycons from the screen and play like the Wii then it has to be much easier.
>>
>>380964814
Oh youre right, fair enough. For some reason I remember it being some weird shit where you can disable the vertical axis or something but horizontally its always on. Something like that. Could never play with it truely off. Maybe that was just something with the first testfire.
>>
So if you use the joycons separately can you choose which one is assigned the gyro controls?
>>
>>380965221
>>380963995
Heh, interesting how opinions can differ. Lightweight controllers with motion controls feel a lot like driving a car with power steering to me, kinda empty.
I've been asking a lot of people, by the way, it seems that newcomers tend to like split Joycons more, while Splat1 veterans stick to having the sides connected.
>>380965992
No, the right one does all the job.
>>
>>380966171

Huh, seems like it'd be an option for lefties, but right joycon is fine with me.
>>
>15 kills and 2500p victory with charger
felt pretty good but almost all my internet friends said it was worse than 1
>>
>>380963571
The gyro sensitivity felt.... off. Even after changing it in the options menu, it still didn't feel right. It might be because I'm used to playing with the big clunky gamepad compared to the lightweight pro controller.
It also feels awkward to go from squid to using your subs now thanks to how big the ZL button is and its placement.
>>
Felt a lot better to me. Right joycon's a lot easier to maneuver than the entire gamepad.
>>
>>380963571
Exactly the same.

Felt a lot better though, mainly because you can use the Pro controller alongside the gyro controls this time.
>>
>>380965223
I was pretty sure it was something like this too. Maybe we didn't look in the options good enough, since for once, the gyro was actually put to good use.
>>
>>380963571
It's about the same as in the first game but (I played in portable mode) since you also move your screen when aiming with the gyro it can feel a little weird sometimes.
>>
>>380967491
>since you also move your screen when aiming with the gyro it can feel a little weird sometimes.

Try it on a 3DS with the 3D on. So many games had gyro aiming ant it was worthless in all of them.
>>
>>380967491
Yeah, I tried this as well. That has to be the shittiest way to play this game.

Changed back to the grip instantly.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.