[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Capcom move on from Nintendo with MHW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 519
Thread images: 68

File: MonsterHunterWorld.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MonsterHunterWorld.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
To me it seems that Capcom moved on from Nintendo and now all future Monster Hunter games will be on PC, PS4, and XBONE/X.
>>
I heard they modeled the monsters cocks and anuses this time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZh2OF3BNGA
>>
You have no clue what you're talking about anon. And that's ok you're just not weeb enough to grasp the situation.

MHXX is coming to switch in japan and games like it will continue to be made mainly for japan, whether or not the portable team or the mainline team will be developing them remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, for the western marketd we will see games like monster hunter world, more atmospheric, environment-based monhun with combat close to the original series but with less depth.
>>
>>380961196
This. Hopefully we will eventually get both though.
>>
What if they made a portable mh game for PS4 PC and Xbone?
>>
>>380961059
>>380961196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvvZMsTYSM0&t=822s
>>
>>380960936
Depends on how it does I guess
>>
take note: any game with a consumer friendly image that also holds the brand name on the corner is made by shills who are pushing their game here to gain hype. phony ALWAYS does this, they're the main culprits but they aren't the only one doing it, every major brand that is spammed here nonstop is made by shills. Mods have admitted to allowing certain companies fabricate stories, elaborate shitposts, and have even gone into researching what makes a post viral on this
>>
>>380960936
I doubt it, MHW began development in 2013. Switch is getting XX in 2 months and MH sells much, much better in portables than in home consoles in Japan.
>>
>>380961605
This. Fucking console wars and sadistic sonyfags want to say this means nintendo isnt getting capcom shit anymore but thats simply not true.
>>
>>380960936

They'll still release portable versions, most likely. But their mainline will become Monster Hunter World type games, the 3DS versions will be spin-offs.
>>
>>380961676
Guess that's the price you pay for shitposting for years that monster hunter will never be on a sony platform again.
>>
Capcom® is a company that simply never fails to deliver an incredibly deep, rich gameplay experience which takes gaming to bold new places. From breakout hits such as Street Fighter V™ to revolutionary improvements on classic games such as Dead Rising 4™, it's easy to see why Capcpom® has enjoyed such a fantastic reputation for so many years. And with Disney®'s Marvel® VS Capcom®: Infinite™ and Monster Hunter: World™, the future is looking bright for gaming's greatest developer.
>>
>>380961939
What the...
>>
>>380960936
looks fun
https://u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4
>>
>>380960936
I think it's a brilliant strategy. It's about time Capcom moved on and left the tiny Japanese market behind. There's just so much more money to be made on home console/PC market in the west it's not even funny. They shouldn't have bothered with Nintendo to begin with.
>>
>>380961605
XX Switch isnt even in the top 20 preordered games in Japan and XX flopped hard on 3DS.
>>
File: 1486867536740.jpg (39KB, 271x304px) Image search: [Google]
1486867536740.jpg
39KB, 271x304px
>>380961939

>Capcpom

That will never not be funny to me.
>>
Looks like monster hunter is the next series to switch to real consoles.
>>
>people still acting like games can be properly multiplat

The switch can't handle anything developed for PS4 or Xbone. It's at least a gen behind.
>>
>>380960936
What's important to know is that MHW was in development for years already. The Switch is still very recent and has a smaller user base than the other 3. Capcom would've made MHW for the Switch if it were announced earlier, but then again they have MHXX coming. So who knows?

This doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be anymore MH games on Nintendo systems by any means. Capcom just wants to expand the series so it can be much more popular in the west. That being said, I still don't think MHW will sell that well despite the efforts they'll put into it. And the fact that MHXX is probably not going to be localized is a low blow too, even if importing is possible.
>>
File: DigiWorld.jpg (69KB, 600x674px) Image search: [Google]
DigiWorld.jpg
69KB, 600x674px
>>380960936
>Competent console manufacturers are consistent and you can rely on them to make progressively better systems
>Nintendo is volatile, does whatever the fuck they want with hardware power between generations, and each gen is varies wildly with its lifespan and support of their console. Their online capabilities are also always an unknown

>MHW started development in 2013
>MHW team knew they could count on Xbone/PS4 being better than previous gen, even if they didnt have hardware specs at this point in time. But they have no clue what Nintendo will do
>Nintendo probably tells them Switch specs 2 to 3 years into development. It's not even a homeconsole and it's not nearly as strong as the 3 year old PS4/Xbone. Also it uses cartridges and full online functionality won't be ready until 1 year after Switch's release Completely impulsive, unpredictable and unreliable console release - as usual for Nintendo.

Geeee I wonder why MHW didn't cater to Switch... EVEN if the Sony contract wasn't a thing.
>>
>>380962732
>flopped hard
It sold a bit over 1.5M so far. The best selling home console MH in Japan sold 1M.
>>
>>380963197
>Sony contract
>also coming to xbone and pc
uhh?
>>
>>380963523
I'm just covering all bases. I don't actually think Sony signed a contract like that. They don't need to fuck Nintendo over when Nintendo already does that job perfectly well.
>>
>>380961021
Oh...oh wow! That sure is some exciting news! I've always imaged Jaggi's having a horse type anus that cuts the feces and retracts. Remarkable stuff!
>>
Werent the best selling MH games ever on PSP?

Why are people saying Nintendo made them famous?
>>
>>380961767
MHW is not a spin-off, it's MonHun 5
>>
>>380963651
3Ds titles sold better in the west for the little they are, I think. 4U sold more than FU here.
>>
>>380961021
I heard they have actual monster models now instead of 2 cardboard cutouts glued together.
>>
>>380963651
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter
>>
>>380962732
wow really? It's looking really bad, no wonder they're switching to almost fully western. I will not be surprised if XX is the last game on a nintendo console. Either that or their sales are gonna start going down so much it won't be worth it and capcom will fully start focusing on the west. Because when you logically look at it, it's new "games" on the 3DS every so often but they're not full games, just DLC.
>>
>>380960936
Capcom gave Nintendo a chance to turn MH into an international success.

They moved everything to Nintendo platforms where they were the best selling platforms of their times. Nintendo marketed the shit out of MH and yet the series isn't doing marginally better than before no matter how hard Capcom and Nintendo tried.

So now they're trying the other direction, rather than force the west to play on handhelds, they decide to create a handheld only MH to still print their 3 million copies sold and create a new MH for the main platforms for the west with the PS4/Xbone and PC.

Capcom is going down the toilet and they need MH to be an international hit in order to make more money, they gave Nintendo a try for 6 years but MH still hasn't improved much so now they're working harder to see if the west would accept a new modern MH.
>>
>>380963441
Just verified. Yeah, MHXX did better than any home console MH if we're basing it purely on JP sales, and it more than likely would have had higher sales if they localized it. I don't know what Capcom is thinking anymore.
>>
Will you play it with kbm or controller, /v/?
>>
>>380964528
My buddies and I always say that Capcom hates money.
>>
File: JUST.png (144KB, 392x324px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
144KB, 392x324px
>>380964508
If the violent schism in the fanbase after the E3 presentation wasn't a sign of only the worst to come, consider the following
>MH invariably sells inferior on a home console, with the fucking Wii's total sales not even matching 3DS's
>The primary demographic for MH have always been Japanese fans, and some Western enthusiasts who also enjoy it (This isn't even a "bending the scales" thing, JP fans outmatch Western fans like 8:1)
>There are tons of places to play MH on portables which entice others to potentially join in, like anime/gaming conventions, public parks, college campuses, work (during breaks etc.)
>Home console MH means that your only options are either spreading popularity through advertisement (which costs even more money) or through word of mouth (which rarely ever works when your community is at its own throat)

Capcom is making a really unwise gamble. I know that they THINK that this massive pool of Western Gaymurz are just itching to play MH with updated graphics, but the overwhelming majority of fans of the franchise couldn't care less about the visuals, and those who were "Interested but turned off by the graffix" are extremely few in number. There aren't going to be tens of millions of new fans lining up to play this game just because of a visual update.
>>
>>380964508
Nintendo did nothing to accommodate a western market besides marketing their JAPANESE games in the west and localizing their JAPANESE games in english. Which is why capcom is now going "Okay well if you idiots don't want to help this IP grow then we're gonna do it ourselves, bye"

And nintendo doesn't give a shit because western nostalgia fags(aka 90% of nintendo's target audience) don't give a shit about MH, they give a shit only about mario/zelda/metroid (and some other less relevant IPs) So nintendo is like "Eh, whatever, you can take your shitty monster game, nerds."

So yeah, nintendo deserve exactly what's coming to them with the switch. A slow and painful death, just like the vita and just like the wii u.
>>
>>380965050
>Implying the western market is anything like the japanese one.
>didn't even need to read any more

how fucked in the head are you my little purist?
>>
>>380960936
>did capcom just went and dropped the one user base that alone tally 80% of Monster Hunter sales
unless MHW pulls an Automata Miracle and becomes a success in the West and consoles Never ever. every single past attempt to MH consoles has been mediocre at best to a flop Capcom will forever make eventually a switch port.

>b-but muh PS4 has a bigger userbase
after 40 (160 Weeks) months in Japan, PS4 has a 4.5M user base.

Switch has 1M user base after 16 weeks

The worst case scenario for World is that its mediocre an Capcom start to give it the cold shoulder like it did wiht DMC after Donte. or in a attempt to make more casual and western focus, they bastardize it a lot, like 5 and 6 were to RE
>>
>>380965050
>>380965078

I forgot to add that we're living in an age where niche Japanese games like Nioh, Persona, Yakuza and Nier Automata are massively outdoing expectations and is selling above 1 million. If they can do it, why can't MH which is considered a juggernaut in Japan, IP wise?
So far MH hasn't sold above 1 million in the west alone despite Nintendo and Capcom's best efforts.

Hopefully it won't be too late for Capcom and MH will arrive in 2018 just in time for an audience hungry for japanese games to buy it.
>>
>>380965197
I literally said it isn't. That's precisely why there's an issue. The western """market""" isn't interested in MH at all. Graphics are not going to change this.
>>
File: Joker.jpg (57KB, 636x539px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.jpg
57KB, 636x539px
>>380965528
I legitimately cannot understand how Persona 5 did so well in the West. Yakuza and Nioh are easy, and Nier Automata had all manner of 2B memery to promote the game's popularity far further than any other Drakengard/Nier game. P5 is literally the same exact shit as the rest of the series, as anime as can be and unashamed at that. Why did this game become as widespread as it was?
>>
>>380963725
Its not, if it were Capcom would have saved a lot of troubles just calling it Mon Hun 5: World of some shit

They avoided the 5 in the same as a fail safe, just in case the game undersells, they can scrap together another MH slap the 5 and use the sales to recoup
>>
>>380965050
>There are tons of places to play MH on portables which entice others to potentially join in, like anime/gaming conventions, public parks, college campuses, work (during breaks etc.)

This is a japanese thing, literally nobody in the West does this.

Also most people here are turned off by how shitty MH looks and controls on a 3ds, I can guarantee you there will be lots of people who are gonna have an easier time digesting MH's difficulty if they feel like they are more in control of the hunter.
That is also the reason flexing was removed, removing control from the player makes you feel like the punishment is unjust because all you can do is stand there and watch your hunter getting hit, which leads to frustration.
>>
>>380965693
Persona 4 let's plays were immensely popular and thus people really wanted a persona game to play but didn't have anything until 5 came out.
>>
>>380965528
>Capcom sacrifices 3 million guaranteed handheld sales for the chance to break 1 million in the West
How is this a good idea? Am I having a stroke or are you actually that retarded?
>>
>>380960936
There contract ended with Nintendo.
>>
>>380965461
>make a game with good graphics and then you arent able to port it to shitty hardware
Nintendo did this to you.
Also
Its
on
PC
and
Xbone
Niggggggggggggggger
>>
>>380961059
>>380961326
man I cant wait for this game to sell 1-2M top
>>
>MHXX announced just before E3
>MHW, next mainline game going multiplat because that s e l l s the most.
>It makes logical sense to sell in the west for everything because western economy as a whole is stronger and you don't have to rely on just super hardcore fans and parents buying your game.
>You can sell it for more, and hence earn more

With this, Capcom is basically saying "Goodbye MH Nintendo exclusivity."
>>
>>380965823
Capcom is actually that retarded. I'm sure he's just some PR shill for them.

The real question is how much do you think MHW has cost them in comparison to MHX/XX?
>>
>>380965823
Who says they are sacrificing anything?

They still have the MH X series which is selling well. Just throw in a few changes and add monsters like they do every year and continue selling their usual MH numbers.
>>
I don't think so. I'm sure we'll see a brand new Monster Hunter on a Nintendo system in the future. People tend to forget that while the first installments of MH were purely on console, the PSP had the very profitable Portable/Freedom series running tangentially. Who's the say they won't do the same thing with the Switch or 3DS when it comes to World? It could be like Freedom 2 was to Dos or Portable 3rd was to Tri, based off a mainline installment but stands on its own two legs.
>>
>>380961021
fpbp
>>
>>380965535
You used an example that only applies to the japanese market to say:

>Look, the west isn't interested!

At that point I literally lost interest in any of your opinions.
>>
>>380965892
>We don't want to rely on the people who buy ~3 million Monster Hunter games year after year after year
>We are going to ditch that audience and try to sell to the Fifa audience instead
Capcom is going to be immensely lucky if this breaks 3 million in the West once, let alone next year's rerelease.
>>
>>380965461
Youre a fucking idiot

Japans console sales are irrelevant
>>
>>380965987
This.

They have the mainline MH team and the side MH team.

We now know the mainline MH team went to work on MHW after MH4 came out. The side MH team worked on MHX and MHXX. Why would they kill off the side MH team? They'll still continue to pump out side MH games on the switch.
>>
>>380965749
They're calling it world instead of 5 because it's going to be the big introduction to the west, so thus calling it 5 would scare off new players thinking they would have to play the previous 4 to get on board.

MonHun World IS MonHun 5, they've stated this. Deal with it.
>>
>>380966264
Hes shitposting anonsan

Switchfags are jelly. Its that simple.
>>
>>380965843
>PC
like that helped God Eater

>XBOX
HA HA HA HA HA HA

>Good Graphics guys, its impossible to port !!
MT Framework exist for a reason

Quick history lesson.
the best 3 monster hunter selling games are Freedom Unite PSP, 3 PSP and 4U 3DS
Unite was the Global Release of 2G, almost 6M sales,. af which almost 5M were Japan alone

3 was Japan exclusive, it was 5M sales

4U was 4+ M sales tally world sales together. Japan alone was almost 3M sales of it.

then come Consoles. The best console release Mon Hun game was Tri on Wii, with a massive sales of 2M which is a fucking laughable number when Capcom itself called XX a flop with 1.5Millions.

after that all other Mon Hunter games in console (PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, WiiU) non has even reached the 1M bar.

there is 1 simple true when it comes to Monster Hunter. It sell teh best in Japan on Handhelds.
>>
>>380961021
How big is Ratholos?
>>
>>380966264
Even if they're treating it like it's 5, they are definitely not calling it 5 because they think it's easier to get new players into. Especially when a simple Twitter post of "There's no continual story" would dispel any individual's curiosity about a potential longstanding story in MH. Especially since 4U sold better than any other MH in the West, followed by Tri.
>>
>>380960936
Only a complete retard that knows nothing about the series would think Capcom would stop developing games for their primary market on their primary platform.
>>
>>380966457
You're a moron.

MH has never done this before. They have never done a game this big with improvements this big on such big platforms.

You have zero fucking idea whats going to happen.
>>
nintendo mental gymnastic in mhw threads is over the fucking line
>>
>>380966135
>Persona 5 shipped over 900,000 in the west JUST on PS3 and PS4

You think MH can't outdo that (at $60) for PS4, Xbone and PC? You're sorely mistaken.
>>
File: 1482562085744.jpg (59KB, 641x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482562085744.jpg
59KB, 641x640px
>>380962358
>I think it's a brilliant strategy. It's about time Capcom moved on and left the tiny Japanese market behind. There's just so much more money to be made on home console/PC market in the west it's not even funny. They shouldn't have bothered with Nintendo to begin with.
>this toddler think this is capcom 1st try to Consoles Mon Hun
>>
>>380960936
Game looks ugly af desu. Way too brown
>>
File: Really makes you think....gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
Really makes you think....gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>380966457
>XX is a flop for not selling as much as Tri, with a lower potential installbase, NO Western translation, and rampant 3DS piracy
>>
>>380966457
Who cares
TL:DR
Stop being mad there is nothing you can do about it, this game will not come to hardware comparable to an xbox 360, christ.
MT Framework might run nice but it isnt magic
And did the Switch help God Eater? No? Not really nigger. God damn.
>>
>>380960936
>Its not mainline!
>its a spinoff
>outsourced!
>its different!
>it wont sell!
This fucking board. God damn.

It looks amazing, everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>380966457
Im prerty sire they use the portable MT engine for previous MH games. This is using the actual MT engine.
>>
>>380966550
This..

Completely detached from reality.
>>
>>380966550
They'll shut up once they get mario #733
>>
>>380966519
It's exceedingly obvious what's going to happen. The PS4/Xbone audience plays Battlefield and Fifa, not much else. Fucking Horizon has all the same appeal of hunting big monsters AND is open world AND is cinematic, and it couldn't even break 3.5 million.
>>
File: caf.gif (594KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
caf.gif
594KB, 360x270px
>>380966485
>Even if they're treating it like it's 5, they are definitely not calling it 5 because they think it's easier to get new players into.
Yes they are, they specifically stated this

>Especially when a simple Twitter post of "There's no continual story" would dispel any individual's curiosity about a potential longstanding story in MH.
Implying everyone uses twitter you mong. Additionally, there would be people looking at games to buy, they see "Monster Hunter 5" and think "Well, that's the fifth game so I guess I won't buy that."
Not everyone is going to research every new game they buy.
>>
>>380966556
It wont. Xbone is irrelevant in this equation. PC is over rated cause look at how much God Eater PC saved it an Nips dont play PC and PS4 users on the west are the new dude bros who wont care for a niche franchise
>>
>>380966762
And Dark souls sold millions more than that

Fucking retard. Here is your last reply.
>>
>>380966556
Yeah, we're living in an age where Japanese games are coming back and actually doing well. Didn't dragon's dogma do exceedingly well on PC that now they're porting it to consoles?

If Capcom cannot succeed with market conditions like this then all is lost.
>>
>>380966824
God eater =/= MH you fucking mental gymnastics spastic

Its a shitty ripoff
>>
>>380966805
>Yes they are, they specifically stated this
They stated quite a lot of things, much of which can't be taken seriously beyond it being PR drivel.
> Additionally, there would be people looking at games to buy, they see "Monster Hunter 5" and think "Well, that's the fifth game so I guess I won't buy that."
The best selling MH in the west was titled MONSTER HUNTER 4: ULTIMATE
>>
Why do anti world fags list optional things as thier complaints for the game? Damage numbers, firefly's, stealth. It's all optional.
>>
>>380966876
Sold 1.5m on PC alone i think
>>
File: ss (2017-06-18 at 07.40.35).jpg (23KB, 235x300px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-06-18 at 07.40.35).jpg
23KB, 235x300px
YES, Monster Hunter is finally Leaving shitendo hardware and coming to glorious real consoles, I cant wait to play the game I Have waited all my life for!
:^D
>>
>>380966660
On the other hand just imagine the type of shitstorm ningrown men who play kids games will throw if this game somehow bombs.
It'll make the never ever BB shitposting look tame by comparison.
>>
>>380966948
Becuase they are upset they dont get to play MH since its not on switch
>>
>>380966948
Why do anti xx fags list optional things as their complaints for the game? Arts, styles, it's all optional.
>>
i doubt they're moving on entirely from portable monster hunter games. it's a huge moneymaker for them. either they're going to continue putting out switch/3ds monster hunter games or they know something we don't about some other portable. could be either desu, there were rumors floating around about a new sony handheld and i didn't think anything of it, but i also didn't expect anything to come out of that western-focused monster hunter rumor.
>>
Downgrading MHW to the switch is not viable, you'd need to create completely new assets for little gain since the game is multiplat.

Stop your incoherent blaberings.
>>
File: 205.gif (425KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
205.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>>380966895
Can't wait to think about you when World comes out and it out-sells every other MonHun so far.

I'll be buying 3 or 4 copies just to spite you Nintenbabies and so I can force my friends to play with me.
>>
File: Guildmarm_004.jpg (318KB, 700x994px) Image search: [Google]
Guildmarm_004.jpg
318KB, 700x994px
>>380960936
No Marm
No Buy
>>
>>380967060
Not him but its not. Those things are core gameplay.

Also they ruin MP
>>
>>380966971
>Discount game by 80%
>Sell lots of copies
Yes very impressive, now look at how many PCfags actually buy things at full price.
>>
File: tg on horse anatomy.png (929KB, 2378x1492px) Image search: [Google]
tg on horse anatomy.png
929KB, 2378x1492px
>>380963630
Do you also frequent /tg/
>>
>>380967145
It had 700k sales first week and capcom stated it was a huge success for them

Low cost to port = more profit

Complex ideas i know. Sorry youre retarded and cant understand that. Sorry you bought a switch with no games.
>>
>>380967060
With the amount of health some XX monster's have, arts are not fucking optional. Also im pretty sure you cant can't toggle those things off so comparing them doesn't make sense.
>>
>>380966971
source
>>
File: EX-Troopers-Game-12.jpg (68KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
EX-Troopers-Game-12.jpg
68KB, 640x360px
>>380966457
if anything you're going to see the ex troopers to this game's lost planet on switch.
>>
File: WHAT WENT WRONG.jpg (47KB, 276x768px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT WENT WRONG.jpg
47KB, 276x768px
>>380967130
I'm sure you will buddy. You and the other 50 million fans who have been dying to play this game series and have been obsessed with it since day 1, but the graphics have literally made playing it physically impossible.
>>
>>380967060
Monster HP double to tripled in xx. You cant get away with not using styles or you take forever to hunt.
>>
>>380967264
Yes it's successful FOR A PORT, because ports cost jack shit to develop. Aside from Bethesda and Blizzard nobody actually relies on PC sales.
>>
>>380967268
>Also im pretty sure you cant can't toggle those things off
>Guild Style
>No Arts
>Final Destination
>>
>all future Monster Hunter games will be on PC, PS4, and XBONE/X.
This is the most delusional thing I've read on /v/ since the announcement.
If you don't believe the portable series is coming back (portable / portable 2nd / portable 3rd) and that it's going to be on Switch, you're straight up delirious.
The extreme majority of Japan's MH fanbase is handheld only. Handheld games also sell far far better than console games these days, with console games having very limited sales. MH became so popular specifically because the hunt times would often perfectly align with the commute times for many in Japan. That's why it went from a game that sold 400-600k on the PS2, to a game selling over 3.5 million in Japan on the PSP. MH is just well suited for handhelds in Japan.

I can 100% guarantee there will be another MH after XX and World on Switch. I cannot guarantee if it'll come west, or if there will be any other MH on PC/PS4/Xbone (100% depends on the sales of World. Tri and 3G were disappointing for the cost of marketing so MH didn't come back to the Wii or Wii U), but if you think that Capcom is done with handheld MH you must be on some crazy as fuck drugs.
>>
File: XBRTDwQ.gif (1020KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
XBRTDwQ.gif
1020KB, 257x194px
>>380966948
Because they don't want MonHun 5 (world) to succeed and/or they're mad little Nintenbros.

>tfw the biggest complaint you can find against a game is optional shit
>>
>>380967368
Exactly. A port. Well done stating the obvious and proving my point.

Wont read your reply im sure it will be more shitposting to save face. Mhw looks amazing go buy a pc and get the fuck over it.
>>
File: 1352079752680.png (184KB, 709x321px) Image search: [Google]
1352079752680.png
184KB, 709x321px
>>380967310
Where the fuck is this game's English patch?
>>
>Capcom Expect 4M sales of 3DS Monter Hunter games
>this games are made on Handheld Budget
>Mon Hun world is HD development with 4 years worth of work on it
>people thing Capcom will happily just expect miserable 3-4Million sales

Mark my words, Capcom is hoping for a whooping 7-8 Million sales of World.

It will never reach that number, not even close
>>
>>380967130
yeah, cause Tri and Freedom were such a massive success
>>
>>380967310
>cell shaded MH
>that isn't Stories

I want this
>>
>>380967492
It won't even hit 3 million.
Well it will, but not until after a year or two after launch and PC players brag about having the highest sales after 8/10 of them bought it for 80% off.
>>
>>380967572
>more apple and orange comparisons
You people are rubbish at bait
>>
>>380967312
More like Graphics, controls, shit AI, clunky mechanics..

World has a chance to make things right with this series that is held back by a fanbase that doesnt allow it to evolve.

You'd be satisfied with an MH XXXXVIX so long as its on your babby consoles.

Hell I bet you'd axt the same if SMTV was announced for PC and PS4.
>>
>>380967338
The only arts pros seem to use are the evasion ones though?
>>
>>380967492
>7-8M
>Acceptable for MHW

MHX almost broke 3.5M and most of the assets are literally MHTri's elements updated through all of 4th gen. MHXX is literally just MHX.5, and even that hit 1.5M in JAPAN ALONE. I cannot fathom the CEO's faces when this game sells sub-10M.
>>
File: 1497463893502.png (95KB, 416x252px) Image search: [Google]
1497463893502.png
95KB, 416x252px
>The west really cares about the new Monster Hu-
>>
File: 1497247258114.jpg (25KB, 357x412px) Image search: [Google]
1497247258114.jpg
25KB, 357x412px
>>380960936
>Switchtards no longer excited for MHXX when other platforms get MH game as well

Every MHW shitposting thread perpetrated by Nintentards only serves to reinforce my belief that they are the saltiest and the most autistically toxic fanbase atm.
>>
>>380967595
it's more cell shaded lost planet than anything. it's pretty good though, would recommend

>>380967449
it was developed without the intention of making it translatable so all the dialogue text is in bitmaps and shit. it's basically never gonna happen unless some ludicrously dedicated team gets it done. it's unfortunate too because it's one of the best games on the 3ds.
>>
>see MH thread
>open it up
>100 replies of people shitposting about stuff that isnt gameplay

Anywho; MHW looks fucking amazing and everything everyone has forever wanted. Actual graphics, better controller, back to basics of hunting rather than mashing face.

I dont give a crap if im the only person on earth to buy it, game is guaranteed fantastic anyway.
>>
>>380966824
>Don't care for a niche franchise

Nioh, a completely unknown IP sells extremely well in the west.
Persona sells like hotcakes in the west

People have been asking for a mainline MH game on PC for years.

Perpetual markets and "sale" mentality is on fire and going very strong in the west. If it's on next year's steam summer sale and it's 10-20% off, that'll be very big.

PC market and trends show major positive growth for every quarter moving forward

XboneX, while a gimmick, is still the most powerful console on the market and people will be lured to that experience.

MH is a very simple game, implying Chad couldn't pick it up and start killing monsters is really silly.

Xbone and XboneX, while not the intended target audience will still bring sales, the xbone is an accomodation factor for people who don't have strong PCs or a PS4, it's not meant as a "The Xbone as a singular console will crush 3DS sales" You're fucking retarded if you think that.
I really hate it when people who can't analyse or compile information think they know shit about anything.
>>
>>380967492
Close, Capcoms real end goal is making enough HD assets that they can easily shit out an new MH title every year with significantly less content than the last title till it stops selling.
>>
>>380967621
>Get 5 year old port for $20
>Sell 170k
>Crack open the champagne and congratulate each other for saving gaming once again
Is there any fanbase more delusional than PCMR?
>>
>>380967679
>the best a console MH did was 2 million copies with a shit ton of marketing on the 2nd best selling system of all time
>The PS4 doesn't even have a fraction of the number of units in Japan that the Wii or PS2 did
>Time and time again the west proves it's not that interested in Monster Hunter. 1 million is the best it's done.

>"no see, this time the west is going to boost it up to that magical 5 million sales mark, this time for sure!"
see
>>380967730
>>
>>380967735
Thats not fair

LoL fanbase is far worse. Nintendo fans are just a close second.
>>
>>380967735
>>380960936 (OP)
>Sonybros excited for world only because nintendo don't get the game

Every MHW shitposting thread perpetrated by sonybros only serves to reinforce my belief that they are the saltiest and the most autistically toxic fanbase atm.
>>
>>380967730
>Game literally just announced for a console that's 3 years old

vs

>Game that has been announced for a bit for console that was just released with no games.

Really makes you thinkgen.
>>
>>380967698
>More like Graphics
MHXX Switch
>controls
MHXX Switch
>shit AI, clunky mechanics..
Same shitty AI and same clunky mechanics in MHW, and nobody who has been interested in this series has been "Swayed" by the shitty trailer shown during E3 if they feel like these issues have made the rest of the series inaccessible.
>You'd be satisfied with an MH XXXXVIX so long as its on your babby consoles.
I'm not sure why you think it's me getting upset that this isn't a Nintendo exclusive. I just want the next MH to be portable, and traditional. If it were on the Vita, I'd be ecstatic (despite the lackluster Vita fan pool).
>Hell I bet you'd axt the same if SMTV was announced for PC and PS4.
SMT isn't a multiplayer franchise, and portability literally doesn't matter. I would buy SMTV on my PC if they announce it. MAYBE the Switch because it could technically also be played on the road. Why would I care if it's on PS4 at that point?
>>
Guy who leaked MHW apparently says Capcom has already began working on a switch exclusive, but it'll be a while because they'll be continuing worldwide releases from World onward.
>>
File: toxic old guard.png (10KB, 494x100px) Image search: [Google]
toxic old guard.png
10KB, 494x100px
>>380967735
>toxic
I don't know if you're being ironic, but you should unironically kill yourself
>>
>>380967893
>more apples and oranges
No MH game comes close to what MHW is trying to achieve, on a market size as big as this.

You can throw around previous sales all fucking day and it will continue to mean absolutely fucking nothing.
>>
>>380960936
They're just going to put MHWU on the Switch, like they always do.

Seriously, this console shitposting is getting out of hand. Tri got ported to like four completely different consoles.
>>
>>380967906
>Sony fans this E3 say constantly that no one won and that Sony was just holding back
>still thinking they're not the holy grail of shitty fanbases
Lol
>>
>>380967906
Except LoL isn't a developer or a console, it's a game.
>>
>>380961196
This. Japan is way more mobile focused, and more then likely we will see titles on the 3DS/Switch for quite awhile (I can totally see them making 1-2 more 3DS games and porting them to Switch). There is no way in hell they are going to leave that market out to dry when it is a good chunk of their current fanbase.
>>
>>380967891
Capcom Dont have the funds to make an stepping Stone game. you might not be wrong about hte part of shitting a new one every year, but they fully expect World to turn in a big profit

>>380967982
both games sales opened the same day. It really makes you think
>>
File: 7pAPRni.jpg (110KB, 712x480px) Image search: [Google]
7pAPRni.jpg
110KB, 712x480px
>>380967835
I hope you like cinematically running through a tunnel while a giant monster runs after you in le epic half-scripted chase sequence, because the map looks like a fucking ant hill.
>>
capcom looked at sf2 sales figures and thought MH wouldn't sell on switch, dumbasses
>>
>>380965864
Nier Automata, a game out of nowhere, sold 1.5m. MH will probably be 3-5m at worst.

500k on Steam tho lmao
>>
>>380963197
But Nintendo's consoles have always been consistently stronger than their predecessors.
>>
>>380967991
>Same shitty AI and same clunky mechanics in MHW
Already confirmed new AI system

Also
>WAH WALKING AND EATING
>BUT ITS ALSO CLUNKY EVEN THOUGH NEW CONTROLS AND ANIMATIONS FOR EVERYTHING

Pick 1 shitpost and only 1
>>
>>380968072
One releases in a couple of months

The other releases in >half a year

RLY MAEKS U THINK
>>
>>380968021
>No MH game comes close to what MHW is trying to achieve
Are you trying to imply that Capcom was attempting to achieve less sales in the past?
>on a market size as big as this.
The market size is smaller than Tri's, and I can absolutely guarantee you that MHW is not going to push numbers on PC. You'd be beside yourself with delusion if you believe that to be the case.
>>
>>380968049
Thats why I said fanbase you utter moron

>>380968030
I dont own a PS4. Im just salty at you faggots ruining MH threads with your endless shitposting about it being shit.
>>
>>380967931
>Only because Switch doesn't get it

Are you a mind reader? Also It's the truth, nintendo won't get it.

And yes finally a mainline good looking MH where gunner controls aren't complete trash.
On multiplat. Ofc people are excited.
>>
>>380967735
>Every single thread is about Nintendo not getting it
>Constant shitposting
Forgot to mention those two aspects faggot
>>
>>380960936
To me it seems you're a dumb motherfucker

Don'get me wrong. World will do well, and create a new market for a western-focused monster hunter game

But even Capcom aren't dumb enough to forego japan and the 4 million+ sales they get there per entry

and nintenbros aren't going to let them get away with not releasing their switch games in the west
>>
>>380968176
>Are you trying to imply that Capcom was attempting to achieve less sales in the past?
No, im not, perhaps if you could read you would understand that

You're too stupid and irrelevant anyway, have your last (you)
>>
>>380968192
>Comparing game fanbase to console/dev fanbase

>Calls others a moron

Good one Chuck
>>
File: 1315253970745.jpg (17KB, 325x436px) Image search: [Google]
1315253970745.jpg
17KB, 325x436px
>>380968240
>where gunner controls aren't complete trash
You need to leave. LBG/HBG has been easy to play since MHFU.
>>
File: Brachy.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Brachy.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>380960936
It's completely bizarre to me, but I just realised something and feel really fucking retarded.

Back when I was 16, Monster Hunter came out in the west. Internet wasn't quite as vibrant and connected as it is these days, so there wasn't a massive wave of hype around Monster Hunter, but I had heard enough and seen the sheer presence of the game in shops (which was being sold for £20 less than other games at the time as a brand new release), so I figured, eh, why not give another action game from the dev of DMC a go.

Fired up the game. Saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAbijWwGbfw

After watching that intro, I was like "HOLY SHIT, a seamless open world with a working ecosystem, dinosaurs fighting other dinosaurs and DRAGONS holy SHIT", only to be put off by the clunky controls, the slow-ass grindy nature of the game, the lack of tutorials, loading times between zones, lack of local multi in a game where, again, the internet wasn't exactly what it is today and online multi on consoles was practically unheard of, etc. Think I got up to Gravios and thought, eh, fuck this.

Gave the games another try on the PSP, but still couldn't click with the games, despite the now solid community. It wasn't until the 3DS games that I tried them again and finally understood the magic.

I now play with a local group - I've put thousands of hours into the games. Now that I've gained such a familiarity with the series over the past few years, when the E3 trailer for MHW came out, I was full of concern and trepidation. "Running while drinking potions, thankfully removing the flex? Glowflies pointing you towards the monster? Capcom gambling on a console release when they've never succeeded on selling the games well on home console, what with the appeal largely being local co-op?"

So now I'm finding my current self, jaded by an excess of empty open world games, being contradicted by my unrealistic original expectations of the series. WHAT EVEN
>>
>>380968176
>Are you trying to imply that Capcom was attempting to achieve less sales in the past?
Capcom has been releasing 'safe' monster hunters for the past few years, just a couple new monsters and a few new movesets, maybe a new weapon or two.

MonHun world has so much more effort and work put into it than the previous 4 games combined
>>
>>380967982
You realize the video game tracker on Amazon only tracks pre-orders over the last week or so, right, and that they opened on the same day?
So how does a 6 year old game ported to a console with maybe 2 million units in the US have more pre-orders than a brand new game coming to a console with over 20 million units in the US?
>>380968173
And Metroid Prime 4, a game that we only got a logo of that won't be here until Fall 2019 at the earliest, was ranked 10 in pre-orders.
>>
>>380967735
>Switchtards no longer excited for MHXX
Because they're not even bothering to localize it.

All I wanted was to play shiny new MH on my Switch whenever I got around to buying one and I'm learning that I have to play it in unreadable Japanese.
>>
>>380967730
>doesn't show that the titles in front of it are all cherished name's and blockbuster titles
Really.... makes me....... think.....
>>
>>380967840
>Nioh, a completely unknown IP sells extremely well in the west.
Souls Clone, Souls is popular in the west Mon Hunt is not

>Persona sells like hotcakes in the west
Pesona is a weeb game popular in the west, Mon Hunt is not

>People have been asking for a mainline MH game on PC for years.
so does the PS fan, Pic related >>380967730

>Perpetual markets and "sale" mentality is on fire and going very strong in the west. If it's on next year's steam summer sale and it's 10-20% off, that'll be very big.
making sale numbers out of discounts is not a profitable anon

>PC market and trends show major positive growth for every quarter moving forward
nice Source

>XboneX, while a gimmick, is still the most powerful console on the market and people will be lured to that experience.
HA HA HA HA

>MH is a very simple game, implying Chad couldn't pick it up and start killing monsters is really silly.
Are you fucking implying World is the 1st time chad has had the chance to play Mon Hunt?

>Xbone and XboneX, while not the intended target audience will still bring sales, the xbone is an accomodation factor for people who don't have strong PCs or a PS4, it's not meant as a "The Xbone as a singular console will crush 3DS sales" You're fucking retarded if you think that.
>I really hate it when people who can't analyse or compile information think they know shit about anything.
^ this is you anon
>>
>>380967991
Ok since you gave your two cents ill give mine.

> MHXX Switch
1). No localization
2). Not new graphics. St best you'd get higher res textures and upscaled to 720p/900p. Not actual HD assets.
3). Controls are subjective but i'll give you that.
> shitty trailer shown during E3
You didnt wstch the leak. Theres a 20 min leaked gameplay. The monsters react and chase you all over, at one point Rathalos jumps in and total chaos ensues, Anjanath uses that to escape and recover and you go hunt it again.

All of this is behaviour new to MH.

Vita supports remote play so you may still get that. Also mobile PCs.
>>
>>380967931
Honestly it's pretty fucking clear that this is the main thing that's happening at this point. I wouldn't doubt most wojakposting is made by them. At this point /v/ and /vg/ should just have IDs with flags for different companies.
>>
I just want to be able to play MH on a big screen with a proper controller without retarded online restrictions
>>
What did I do when I made this thread...?
>>
>>380968357
>blockbuster titles
You keep saying this when some of the games that were way ahead were things like Kirby and Yoshi, which are by no means blockbusters.
>>
File: 1495808012384.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1495808012384.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>380968076
I want to get off MH World Wild Hookshot Mounting!
>>
File: untitled.png (105KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
105KB, 499x315px
>>380968357
Hmmmmm
>The Wii U version of a 3 month old game is outselling the next new Monster Hunter title currently
Hmmmmm
>>
>>380968467
Kirby and yoshi still have more western influence then monster hunter. With the MonHun movie coming out im sure MHW will get some type of advertisment.
>>
>>380968580
What if the movie bombs and puts negative light on the new game
>>
>>380968561
How can Monster Hunter fanboys / Sony fanboys / Anti Nintendo peeps (don't really care which of the 3, but the vehement defense of how it'll do well speaks leaps and bounds) really look at this and say with a straight face that World is going to sell super well?
>>
>>380968383
>Vita supports remote play so you may still get that
Now niggers are going to be pushing this shitty feature no one uses
>>
>>380968561
>a currently released game with major influence and glowing reviews is outselling a currently preorder only title
Hmmmmm, your right this is fishy....
>>
File: 1e0.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1e0.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>380968742
>preorders
>>
>>380968463
You knew exactly what you were doing, tripfag. Don't even try to deny it. There may be room to talk about the game in a positive fashion, but starting up with "LOL LOOK AT THE CONSOLES THE GAME'S BEING RELEASED ON" is not the way to go about it, since that'll just get the butthurt Nintenbros and the over excited Sonybros in a frenzy; all while the actual Monster Hunter fans are just sitting by amused, watching this car crash happen in real time
>>
File: 21312515.jpg (17KB, 246x244px) Image search: [Google]
21312515.jpg
17KB, 246x244px
>>380968316

>Since MHFU

>To this day gunner controls like an oversized medieval rake

You're the one that needs to leave into the 21st century bugsby.
>>
File: 1497147639461.jpg (135KB, 850x958px) Image search: [Google]
1497147639461.jpg
135KB, 850x958px
>>380968742
Wanna bet something that world will outsell every previous MH
>>
File: 1485184998040.png (267KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1485184998040.png
267KB, 420x420px
Do people really expect Capcom to abandon handhelds? Where MonHun is most popular at?
>>
>>380968021
this is what blind autism is all about
>>
File: 1402221319758.gif (2MB, 265x282px) Image search: [Google]
1402221319758.gif
2MB, 265x282px
>>380968463
The fanbase is currently fractured. If Capcom just said that they would localize MHXX, none of this shit would have ever happened.
>LMAO NINTENKIDS ENJOY YOUR MHXX
>WHATEVER SONYGGZ I'LL ENJOY THIS, ENJOY YOUR MHW
The end. MHW and then MHXX hype threads can both exist, and fans of either side of this whole retarded spectrum would have a reason to simply go into their own camp. But no. Capcom decided to make zero effort in localizing MHXX Switch for the West, so now Nintendo Loyalists are shitposting in these threads, Sonybros and Mustard Rats are throwing gas onto this dumpster fire by trying to rile up the Nintenkids, veterans are arguing with other veterans, nitpickers and shill-tier optimists are at each others' throats, nobody's happy. All they had to do was say "MHXX: Eventually", but they instead opted to do the retarded thing and say "We're not going to say yes or no, so just buy MHW you faggots".
>>
>>380968173
Switch XX is a port of 3DS XX

World has been in development for 4 year.
>>
>>380968821
>a currently released game with major influence and glowing reviews is outselling a currently preorder only title
And being massively outsold by other currently preorder only titles.
>>
>>380968837
No, I didn't, I wanted to get a good discussion on what people thought, but that didn't happen.
>>
File: 1477588580684.jpg (19KB, 336x476px) Image search: [Google]
1477588580684.jpg
19KB, 336x476px
>>380968272
>they are not getting away with this, us consumers will riiiiiise up!

>literal meme argument
>>
>>380968095
nier Automata sold on teh fact that Platinum put its name on it and fixed DoD/ Nier greatest flaw, the combat
>>
>>380960936

I guess you could say it was a Monster Hunter double cross.
>>
>>380965945

>Just throw in a few changes and add monsters like they do every year and continue selling their usual MH numbers.

Except, you know. Don't release it outside of japan because reasons.
>>
>>380960936
Worlds will be Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game of the series
>>
>>380968240
>And yes finally a mainline good looking
All Past consoles have had its attempt at a good lucking Monster Hunter (for their era) you autistic retard
>>
>>380968928
Yep, 'all fine and dandy'.

except for the fact MHXX isn't gonna get localized
>>
File: 1486041216030.gif (685KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486041216030.gif
685KB, 500x500px
>>380968849

>Where MonHun is most popular at?
was
>>
>>380961196
How do you know it has less depth?
>>
File: 1486356829781.png (679KB, 832x904px) Image search: [Google]
1486356829781.png
679KB, 832x904px
>>380968821
>>380968830
>Wii U version of BOTW
>major influence
Pffffthahahaha

And guess what champ, when a game releases their spot goes further and further down the list.

>>380968841
yea sure.
https://bitbet.us/
Start the bet and I'll match whatever you do up to $500 that it won't beat the 5.5 million sales set by MHFU Make the betting period end at June 15th 2018 for 4.75 million sales. This prevents any potential inflation from the steam summer sale of next year if they do something like 50 or 75% off and the sales skyrocket (even though the profit is minimal in that case).
>>
>>380963523
MHW is exclusive to PS in japan, sony didn't give a fuck about the west
>>
>>380969130

Your face.
>>
>>380968420
>online restrictions

There are none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VfLGXMAG7A
>>
>>380966948

>optional things
>he still thinks fireflys and damage numbers can turned off like it's a difficulty meter
>or running while eating
>or mounting while a monster is in a trap
>>
File: 23151251.jpg (84KB, 651x548px) Image search: [Google]
23151251.jpg
84KB, 651x548px
>>380968942
Let the mentally incapable have their dreams until the game releases.

You need to learn to be more gentle towards the week and mentally handicapped, anon.
>>
>>380968095
Nier Automata wasn't out of nowhere at all it was highly anticipated by Tarofags.
>>
>>380969149
>This prevents any potential inflation from the steam summer sale of next year if they do something like 50 or 75% off and the sales skyrocket (even though the profit is minimal in that case).

>implying previous MH didn't have sales like this
>>
>>380968946
Those other titles are like 6 different Mario games, cod, Destiny 2, and other mainstream type shit. MHW has no chance in the preorder war. You know metroid 4 was really high up too right? With no picture? And no gameplay? Preorder's are just a name fight.
>>
File: 1491219097424.png (49KB, 164x224px) Image search: [Google]
1491219097424.png
49KB, 164x224px
>>380969110
>*still is
>>
>>380968561
>>380968742
I'm not really sure how it's going to sell - I'm heavily sceptical due to how console versions of MH have sold in the past, but they could hit upon something big what with the sudden boost in popularity of games like the Souls series, Nioh and so on. Monster Hunter's arguably never been on a home console with decent internet capabilities anyway (HAHA, PS2 AND WII/U), so this is the first time it'll be able to really reach out to that kind of userbase.

But regardless of anything, you're talking pre-orders here. For something that's only immediately gonna cater to existing idort fans after the brief E3 trailer. If they give it adequate marketing, tie it into the release of the (bound to be shit) movie and release a demo, then they may hit upon something big. Key word being 'may'.
>>
>>380967835

>back to basics of hunting rather than mashing face.

I don't know what is worse. The fact you think Worlds isn't a button masher or that earlier ones were because MUH ARTS.
>>
>>380969232
>implying previous MH didn't have sales like this
Fine go ahead then. 5.5 million sales with a deadline of July 20th 2018. We'll get Capcom's Q2 financials by that time and will know how many units it sold.

I'll match up to $500.
>>
>>380969183
:o

Seriously though, from what they have shown they've only removed arts and that didnt add muh depth at all.

Id like to know your definition of depth.
>>
>>380968965
LOOK UPON MY WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR

Take your words into more consideration next time. Consider this a life lesson on how not to do things, unless you're actively trying to troll people. And ditch the trip, jesus.
>>
File: 1494033796484.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
1494033796484.png
4KB, 222x211px
>>380969279
How many copies is gonna world sell on Switch?
>>
>>380967996

>because they'll be continuing worldwide releases from World onward.

No matter what the fuck happens from Worlds from a quality perspective this is probably the best thing to happen in the franchise.
>>
This fgt saltily explains how he totally isn't at all salty about mhw.
I love how all these guys whine about it and say it's just a spinoff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vExKX6KIm8&lc=z13sgf4gzka3yzfy304cizyadtehz5fj4bc.1497754002591303
>>
>>380969220
>highly anticipated by Tarofags.
>implying this is a considerable number of people

What are you even on? I haven't even been following this thread, but WHAT ARE YOU EVEN ON?
>>
>>380969264
>Those other titles are like 6 different Mario games
>cave story switch pre-orders outselling MH when the west gives 0 shits about cave story
Lol
>>
>YES, FINALLY, MONSTER HUNTER IS FOR 1st TIME EVER ON CONSOLES AS IT DESERVES!!!
this proves you the people hyped for World are 100% new comers or shitposters

>PS2 Monster Hunter
>PS2 Monster Hunter G
>PS3 Monster Hunter Freedom 2
>PS360+WiiU+PC Monster Hunter Frontier Online
>PS4 Monster Hunter Frontier Z
>Wii Monster Hunter Tri
>WiiU Monster Hunter Tri

Other than Tri on Wii with 2M sale, non other MH on console has even reach the 1M mark.

so please explain me why do /v/tards believe that World will make 8-10M???
>>
>>380969482
How many copies is the next portable game gonna sell on the Switch?
>>
>>380968117

>IT'S NEW THEREFORE IT'S BETTER

fuck right off.
>>
>>380969546
>Talking about non-existent games
>>
>>380968348
inb4 XX is not localize, instead capcom changes the name on the localization, cause is what they have always fucking do except with X
>>
>>380968821
Very fishy.... humuuuuuuu

*le shitpost comparing games that are out to games that were just announcedXD*
>>
>>380969435
They have added more attacks, ways of attack and chain combos out of them.

If anything they added more depth but in the end people are mad because they lost an exclusive.

They will put makeup pretending its about things they havent lost but it all comes to them losing an exclusive.
>>
File: 1492144962320.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1492144962320.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>380969539
Because /v/ is beyond retarded when it comes to market analysis.
They thought the Switch would fail.
>>
File: 1457486755638.png (220KB, 419x391px) Image search: [Google]
1457486755638.png
220KB, 419x391px
>>380967698
>controls, shit AI, clunky mechanics.
>MonHun not being on Nintendo will magically fix these

Lol, faggot.
>>
>>380967060
No offense but why do you support XX?
>>
>>380968580
>With the MonHun movie coming
other than RE CGI movies when was the last time a games movie was ever good??

fucking Ass credo flopped
>>
>>380969589
That's what niggers did with the rumors going around before E3, what's your point?
>>
>>380968928
Pretty much this. Long time veteran of the series and the behaviour in general here is shameful. It's like the fucking frenzy made over the Tortanic all over again, only not quite as bad.

DON'T FUCK UP MY SWITCH AXE/CHARGE BLADE/BOW, CAPCOM
>>
>>380965461
>pulls an Automata Miracle
It will pull BOTW miracle. Automata is nothing.
>>
>>380966576
Since there wan't much response to begin with I'll admit it was bait. I was curious to see how many people would support this ludicrous claim. inb4 I'm pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>380969538
>>cave story switch pre-orders outselling MH
This can't be real.
>>
>>380968362
Comparing game PRE-ORDERS for 2 different generes of games on 2 different consoles, announced at 2 different times.

If you wanna shitpost just say so, this discussion is over.
>>
>>380969538
>Cave story +
>Cave story 3D
>Cave story translated
>Cave story 3DS
>Cave story modding community
>Cave story Wii
Your right, they just don't care.
>>
File: 1486053310904.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486053310904.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
I love how Nintendofaggots just assume all the sales of World will come from Japan and no one will buy it in the USA or Europe. I think you underage retards fogot that only XX is non-localized while World is available worldwide :^)
>>
File: 1487605593211.png (11KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1487605593211.png
11KB, 370x320px
>>380968580
>RE movies can't boost RE7 above 2 million sales across PS4, Xbone, and PC
>One of the best Resident Evils in ages. Had ENORMOUS e-celeb support, reviewers talking about how great it was / is, an episodic free demo that let people get a taste and get hyped
>it STILL couldn't go much past 2 million

>but for some reason MHW will hit 8 million.
>When even Dark Souls 3, the franchise which people argue Capcom will magically hop on the hype of even though no souls like has been able to, couldn't hit 5 million
>>
>>380969620
>They will put makeup pretending its about things they havent lost but it all comes to them losing an exclusive.
You're stating that this is the only reason. There are multiple reasons people are divided over MHW, the losing an exclusive one being one of the most immature, but also one of the most overstated by people trying to start fires. Grow up and look at the bigger picture.
>>
>>380969886
>I love how Nintendofaggots just assume all the sales of World will come from Japan and no one will buy it in the USA or Europe.
You're obviously another newfag poser MonHun fan, that has literally been every MonHun game ever :^)
>>
>>380969864
So if there's so many versions.
And it's like the 10th, where everyone that owns it owns it by now.
Why is it outselling a new MH on a far more popular console?
>>
>people falling for E3 bullshot "pre alpha gameplay builds"
>>
>>380969807
>announced at 2 different times.
both Skyrim Switch were listed on teh same day mouth breather
>>
>>380969951
When did I say it will hit 8 million? That's ridiculous lmao. It wilk get SOME sort of advertisment from the movie tho, that's all.
>>
File: 1497714833206.jpg (34KB, 643x599px) Image search: [Google]
1497714833206.jpg
34KB, 643x599px
>>380969982
>Just because the previous ones aren't so popular in non-weebland means that every new one will also not be popular

The Witcher series would like a word with you.
>>
>>380970093
not Akko, but here is my question.
How much do you think it will sell?
>>
Literally all Capcom has to do is hire some twitch and youtube faggots and pay them to play the game for a couple days.

That's it. That will make MH sell on consoles and PC in the west.

Literally just hire streamers/youtubers.
Lirik alone streaming the game for 2 days or so will sell 50k copies easy.
>>
>>380969184
That's what I meant, I'm glad. I really don't care about console wars. I love MH, I've been playing it since it first came out on the PS2 and I enjoy the 3DS games. I'm just happy I won't have to deal with friend code bullshit, poor controls and a tiny ass screen.
>>
>>380970093
People are saying it will be the best selling Monster Hunter yet.
Someone said they'd bet real money on it (I responded offering to bet $500 and gave a site to do so, but he hasn't responded back because he was bluffing)

That would need 5.5 million sales, which it's not going to do.
>>
File: 2415151515.png (73KB, 928x641px) Image search: [Google]
2415151515.png
73KB, 928x641px
>>380968362
"Ha ha, xbox sucks! Ur wrong btw"

Solid argument.
>>
>>380970135
>Literally all Capcom has to do is hire some twitch and youtube faggots and pay them to play the game for a couple days. That's it. That will make MH sell on consoles and PC in the west.

Yep, that worked so well the last time...
>>
File: 1453069676410.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1453069676410.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>380970110
>Make the game just like the older ones
>Expect it to get to a wider demographic because its multiplat
It doesn't work that way senpai
>>
>>380967312
sauce?
>>
>>380970010
>says Cave Story has BO western influence
>prove that it does
>"but it shouldn't even have that many since everyone already has it!!"
Your right, that's probobly why Mario Kart 8 fucking flopped.
>>
>>380970110
Witcher is an open world fantasy rpg that appeals to the massive tolkien love in the west.
Monster Hunter is none of those things. At best, MH would hope to gather some of the "souls" crowd, which is unlikely since they're very different. Monster Hunter is not a game that is attractive to western audiences, never has been.

>>380970135
Didn't work for Resident Evil 7
>>
>>380970253
Problem is dead rising 4 (and 3) is garbage so it didnt help. Of course the portable MHs are mostly trash too but japan has a boner for souless shitty grind
>>
File: 35235.jpg (31KB, 326x315px) Image search: [Google]
35235.jpg
31KB, 326x315px
>>380970054
>implying listed=announced

Only 1/5th of my argument but yeah, grasp those straws boi!
>>
>>380970353
So you're saying the 10th port of a game whose last installment on the 3DS sold 200k copies is more popular than Monster Hunter World then?
>>
>>380970306
>Just like the old ones

Is that why all the purists are upset? :^)))))))))))))
>>
>>380970132
Probobly about 3 mil or so.
>>
>>380970387
see
>>380970356
Resi 7 was basically made to appeal to the streamer / youtube crowd. And it was a really really good game.
Still failed.
>>
>>380970464
>Falling for falseflaggers
Or should I say...YOURSELF
>>
>>380970503
It didnt fail tho
>>
>>380970396
so a 6 years old game already in every single other console in a console wiht 2-3M userbase is out selling the new-est hottest monster hunter game on the best selling console of the market right now??

How the might have fallen
>>
>>380970486
Max, worldwide lifetime maybe.
2 to 2.5 million is more likely.

Neither number is counting the 90% of PC players that buy after it's like 80% off.
>>
>>380968362
Nioh isn't a Souls clone, and MH4U sold over 1 million copies in the west. Nigga, what are you even talking about?
>>
>>380968095
>500k on Steam tho lmao

Majority of the sales of the PS4 version came from japan and nobody plays PC vidya over there

why is that a surprise?
>>
>>380970486
>Probobly about 3 mil or so.
do you hate the franchise or something??
>>
>>380969970
You mean games not coming?

Generations also took a while to come, you look at the bigger picture if you seriously think XX wont come.
>>
>>380970576
>Nioh isn't a Souls clone,
HA!
>MH4U sold over 1 million copies in the west
700K on Handheld
>>
>>380970650
You simply haven't played Nioh if you think it's a clone of any kind, and North America isn't the entirety of the west, you fucking inbred mongoloid. West refers to WEST OF JAPAN, which is the whole fucking world outside its borders.
>>
>>380970536
>less than 3 million worldwide across all 3 platforms
>Capcom's number one most popular franchise
>an actually good and highly praised new installment
>and has all notes and keys of twitch / youtube bait
>not a complete failure

They were likely expecting 6-7 million sales and it sold half that.
The chance that MHW passes Capcom's most successful franchise of all time is very small.
>>
>>380970426
Cave story consistently sells that much. As for whether or not it's more popular then MHW can't really be determined since people know what to expect with a cave story re-release. No ones know's what to expect with MHW
>>
>>380970587
How does he hate the franchise by giving a huge overestimate?
>>
>>380966948
I don't care about those, what I'm worried about is how the they treat healing and how you can magically fly back to camp whenever you want.

The fireflies actually seem interesting as long as its a substitute for paintballs. Stealth just seems like gimmicky shit that you will never do online.
>>
File: Shiragami_losing_faith.png (35KB, 180x176px) Image search: [Google]
Shiragami_losing_faith.png
35KB, 180x176px
MHW is legitimately monster hunter 5 only in theory. If ends up being a success it will be treated as such, but if it fails then I'm sure it'll be treated as a spin-off and we'll get an actual five. Either way it's fucking hilarious watching Nintendofags crying that they lost their exclusive and then seeing Sonyfags realize it wasn't even an exclusive for them.
>>
>>380967996
>>380969501
>they'll be continuing worldwide releases from World onward

I hope this is true. I honestly doubt it, but it'd be great. Being a western MonHun fan that actually waits for the localisations rather than resorts to trying to understand moonrunes is pain
>>
File: 1465974011200.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1465974011200.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>380970939
>Shortly after the announcement Sonyfags started spamming Goldfaces everywhere
>HAHA ALL YOU FAGGOTS MONSTER HUNTER WORLD NEVER EVER
>It's revealed to be a multiplat
>Uhhh...shit...uh HAHA NINTENDO FAGS ITS NOT ON SWITCH
That was a glorious BTFO for both of them
>>
>>380967996
>Guy who leaked MHW apparently says Capcom has already began working on a switch exclusive,

lol
there will be no more exclusive monhun

you probably mean Switch + PS4 + PC
>>
>>380970939
It also depends on what you define a spin-off to be. SMT: Strange Journey is not Shin Megami Tensei 4, but it's recognised as being a main, core title. We'll still get MH5 after this, even if MHW ends up being a success.
>>
>>380960936
Switch is still getting a Monster Hunter game
>>
>Anti-World fags so consistently BTFO they fall back on the "it won't sell argument"
Every time.
Comparing sales of an unreleased game and effectively partaking in what is fortune telling is some Babydick type shit. You 1 inch faggots couldn't know how it would do since it's ALWAYS been targeted towards the East. This is literally a whole new ballgame, you earth worm dick faggots literally have NO clue about this.
>>
>>380971171
>there will be no more exclusive monhun
unless said mon hun is built around a local co-op feature
>>
>>380971338
what if I compare to sales of all Past Monster Hunter including consoles one and including Frontier, Capcoms past Attempt to a multiplat + PC monster Hunter??
>>
>>380971338
Yea okay kid, targeting the west sure did help Resident Evil 7 lol.
>>
File: 1490472672467.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490472672467.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>380971171
Anon, they have 2 MonHun teams for a reason

Gooks can't wait for a new MonHun every 4 years, their B team needs to make their own handheld games
>>
>>380960936

Monster Hunter first has to prove its sales in the west are deserving of AAA investment.
This game can fail, and Sony probably gave money to Capcom, to allow them to take that risk (and also for it to not be a Switch game)

The normal portable Monster Hunter games will continue being made for Switch.
>>
>>380971338
it will sell to mh fans, no one is denying this.
Does it have enough qte cutscenes, cinematic experiences and blood and gore to appeal to shooter fifaman is a legit question.
>>
>>380960936
Are the monsters in these game evil? Something seems off to me about going after beasts just going about their day.
>>
>>380971338
>Babydick type shit

You're inherently wrong because babydick, babydick, it's awwrite meaning that you're both generally and factually wrong, newfag
>>
>>380971557
>Sony probably gave money to Capcom, to allow them to take that risk (and also for it to not be a Switch game)
If this ever get confirmed Sony is officially the most cancerous publisher in the industry
>>
>>380971684
Certain monsters are responsible for causing localised natural disasters wherever they go. Other monsters are basically shit like dragons and t-rexes - too dangerous to have roaming around when regular human civilians might get slaughtered by them. That's where hunters come in. I mean, what am I kidding, hunters hunt for a shiny new piece of armour or weapon, as well as the THRILL OF THE HUNT
>>
>>380967492
They will make world with a budget too. Expect less maps and monsters than tri.

I will be surprised if there is more than 10
>>
>>380971868
>They will make world with a budget too
>its been in development for 4 years
>>
>>380971868
>Source: my ass.

Also I expect them to milk it with DLC
>>
>>380971929
What makes you think that wouldn't be a budget game? Indie games with less than 1 million budget takes around that time too. And during all these 4 years they have been shitting out monster hunter games for portable, which even shows the core team wasn't working on world
>>
>>380971868
It wouldn't surprise me if this has the same amount of monsters as Tri. Not only for starting fresh again like in Tri, but also because the monsters this time seem a little bit more complicated and has some form of interaction with each other.

It might suck, but hopefully we aren't getting too many copy-paste monsters this time around.
>>
>>380972164
>Indie games with less than 1 million budget takes around that time too
Most indie devs are 1 or 2 guys in a basement coding a game
>>
>>380972104
>expecting capcom to put effort in anything

Source is the very game i just said, tri(which only had less than 18 big monsters), when they decided to update their Jurassic engine from Sony previous games. Oh my sweet child, at least you know about the dlc at least.
>>
>>380972164
>What makes you think that wouldn't be a budget game?
>4 Years
>A team moved in since XX was finished
yeah, it will be made on teh pocket change of Dantes wigs
>>
>>380972104
Be honest with yourself, with the amount of details from the monsters, do you think they will give us a lot of them? Even dragon dogma had a pathetic amount.
>>
>>380971684
If the game had an interesting story it'd tell about the wars and the abominations the guild did.

But it was scrapped in the first game so its all just angry giant monsters capable of decimating countries.
>>
File: 1477571465511.jpg (52KB, 484x579px) Image search: [Google]
1477571465511.jpg
52KB, 484x579px
>>380960936
There are two very different audiences.

Not many people in the west play on handhelds as opposed to Japan. So Capcom is trying to offer a Monster Hunter for consoles and PC, which will mainly sell in the west. This is why people say this is "westernized" Monster Hunter, despite the fact that it's still MonHun except with QoL changes.

Handheld MonHun sells like hotcakes (at least in Japan) however, so I'm sure they'll keep offering a handheld line of MH games that will likely be made by the team that made X and XX.

The question is whether they will bother to localize those handheld games. If MH:W truly sells well, I believe they will just continue making mainline games on PC/XB/PS.

This way they can maximize sales as they target a much wider audience of players and MonHun can take off easier.
>>
>>380972654
They are going to try to cash on skyrim bux and fail monumentally when shit hits the fan and casuals realize this game is nothing but grind.

At least we got it on pc out of this clown fiesta.
>>
>>380967730
I want to buy the pc collectors edition... BUT THERE IS NON
>>
I wonder how the core fanbase in japan reacted to this. They will all probably buy a ps4 just for this game now, which makes me think the deal sony did with capcom is true because had been released on switch, the japs would already have one.
>>
>>380962732
Even when a handheld MonHun flops it does better than a console MonHun.
>>
>>380973096
MHW will be the best selling MH game in the west and thats all that matters.
>>
>>380973246
It'll still be less than 1 million if that's a goal
>>
>>380973583
It will probably sell somthing like:
USA 800k (making it the best selling MH game)
EU 800k (making it the best selling MH game)
JP 800k (making it the best selling PS4 game in JP)

For a total of roughly 2.5m/2.6m when you factor the rest of the world.
>>
>>380973087
They're fine. Same shitposting, but smaller scale. It's pigs versus roaches.
>>
>>380972654
Nailed it anon
>>
>>380973246
4U hit like 1.5 million in the west. I could see MHW outselling it, but not by a huge amount. And definitely not enough to make up for losing 3 million in Japan.
>>
>>380967735
>people actually giving a shit about XX
This one baffles me more. Don't get me wrong I played Generations and it's a fun side game, but the last thing I'd ever ask for is MORE Generations. I'm actually glad we're not getting XX on 3DS or Switch; just move on to what's next, which happens to be World or whatever the hell new game might be coming to a Nintendo platform.

On a more optimistic note, how much new do you hope to see in World? Do you want say 80-85% of the roster to be brand new along with all new locations, or a 50-50 split?
>>
>>380973583
If you think it'll sell a combined less than a mil I'm sorry but you're delusional anon. It's selling on every single relevant platform in the west.
>>
>>380973884
I think that estimation will be mostly accurate.
>>
>>380974108
Its a niche japanese game, its already dead on Xbox
>>
>>380973989
4U sold less than 1.2m in the west, World will easily outsell it.
>>
>>380973884
>Selling 800k in both USA and EU individually
Not happening
>>
>>380973246
>>380973989
>>380974317

4U was 1M top combines

it can sell 3M west and it still wont make up for the loses in Japan.

>implying it will make 3M in the west
Frontier could not do it, why do people thing World will magically become appealing to the West???
>>
>>380973989
They didn't lose anything, the game will still sell in japan, just not as well, and that is counteracted by the fact they didn't need to spend time developing low quality assets. XX will be filling the "low quality Japanese focused MH" And the game does look a bit better on the Switch rather than 3DS, so I think 3DS development will either be dropped or nintendo will continue paying for the porting themselves. Either that or nintendo think it's a good idea to stop supporting 3DS MH games as well.
>>
>>380973884
>For a total of roughly 2.5m/2.6m when you factor the rest of the world.
why do people think it will flop this bad?
>>
>>380974434
Yeah EU will probably sell a bit less and NA will sell a bit more. That doesn't change the overall total however.
>>
>>380974638
>a bit less
More like a LOT less
>>
I miss the comfy thread from earlier in the day. That was nice, no arguments from business analysts about the wisdom behind capcom's decisions, no shitposting, just chill discussions about your series favorites and hopes of things to come.
>>
>>380974495
I wouldn't consider that a flop if it's selling at $60. And consider this is a rough estimation, I doubt anybody here has analysed trends more than Capcom, and if they're comfortable to do it then that must mean they'll get equal or greater return by shifting main audience to the west, since, you know, the west is a bigger audience of gamers overall simply because there's more people. That and MH isn't a bad or inaccessible game, it just hasn't spread much in the west.

Capcom are the perfect people for this job because they know both japanese and western trends very well from all their mistakes/successes.
>>
>>380974638
>>380974858

IDK about that.

Sure, MH is less popular in EU, but there are A LOT MORE PS4 sold in EU than in NA.
>>
>>380974896
You asking that is unreasonable because people are still fresh off the "I'm dissapointed this won't be coming to nintendo" train.
>>
>>380975105
We already had a nice thread earlier that almost didn't have any console war faggotry. It was quite a sight to behold, actually.
>>
>>380975024
Don't know how many more PS4s there are in EU so *shrug*
>>
>>380975003
>I doubt anybody here has analysed trends more than Capcom
the same Capcom that made DmC
the same Capcom that called RE6 a flop at 6M sales
the same Capcom that canned MMLG3 and blamed it on fans lying about a poll result
same Capcom that his business decisions have been so bad in teh past decade that in 2013 they have only 120-150M cash in the bank
>>
>>380975024
They don't buy PS4s for niche Japanese games anon

When they make Monster Hunter FIFA then it'll sell
>>
File: 1495005797556.jpg (148KB, 636x836px) Image search: [Google]
1495005797556.jpg
148KB, 636x836px
>>380969601
I never thought I'd relive my P3rd disappointment but here we are. It was the same shit too, right down to a new console monhun release.

And yet, I don't see outrage, only disgusting Sony and ninty console war faggotry. Regardless if you liked XX or not, no one deserves that fucking bullshit.
>>
>>380975003
It would be a flop because they skipped out on at least that many sales by not releasing a handheld version.
>>
>>380975206
There are roughly 20.5m PS4 sold in NA and 23m PS4 sold in EU.

About 12.5% more PS4 units sold in EU.

>>380975268
MH never really had exposure to the normie audience before, at least not to the level the E3 gave it.

>>380975404
Monster Hunter World G for PSP3 soon.
>>
>>380975268
I hate when people use the term "niche" when they don't know what it means. A game selling millions of copies is not considered "niche".

The only reason it doesn't sell well in the west is because it's not a game that appeals to a western audience.

You saying it won't sell because it's "niche" is like me saying:

"Oh well this regular calculator calculator didn't sell well with the science companies and that means that the next calculator that's more science-y won't sell well too!"

It's strictly not true.
>>
>>380975268
As insulting as it is to the latter, I think Horizon Zero's success paved the way for MonHun in the west. That game did very well and it has, on a surface level at least, some similarities with MonHun.

I also really believe in the series's ability to latch onto people, and that its biggest problem with catching on in the west (despite MH4U doing reasonably well) is that, on an entry level, it's just very hard for beginners and it really does take like, 5+ hours for the gameplay loop to really get going.

In World, it looks like they're aiming towards both giving you the sensation that you're doing more on an entry level, as well as removing some things that can be perceived as janky and off putting for new players. I think the potion change is a clever way to increase accessibility while also keeping a certain factor of risk to healing. If that's the attitude that they're taking (keeping things difficult, but "modernizing" the series) then I predict good things.

At least I hope.
>>
>>380963949
Holy shit lol, I love MH games but you're right
>>
>>380975404
Even if it doesn't do amazing, these are the building blocks for the MH western franchise. You can't sell to a larger fanbase if said larger fanbase doesn't exist. You need to create it.
>>
>>380975587
>MH never really had exposure to the normie audience before, at least not to the level the E3 gave it.
Kirby got more attention at E3 this year. Literally fucking Kirby

>>380975693
Uh...Monster Hunter doesn't sell millions of copies. Only in Japan. Everywhere else its the prime definition of "niche"
>>
>>380975915
Considering the fact that Sony's E3 presentation is very popular and that MHW was one of the few NEW games revealed in it, I'd say it got a shitload of exposure, just for not being a trailer for a game that was announced last year.
>>
>>380975752
Horizon went way further than World is going to in terms of appealing to Western audiences, and it still only sold 3.4 million. If Sony actually cared about making money on their software that would've been considered a disaster for a AAA game.
>>
>>380975752
Yeah, that's what I perceived as well and I think that much is the case.
>>
>>380975752
>I think Horizon Zero's success paved the way for MonHun in the west
Horizon was a heavily advertised PS4 exclusive that was an open world game, normies love that shit

That's not what Worlds is
>>
>>380974317
>4U sold less than 1.2m in the west, World will easily outsell it
I've been seeing a lot of this assumption all week so I have to ask, how do we know for sure? Despite a few changes, World looks like it's still Monster Hunter at its core. Easily the biggest issue with Monster Hunter is that you don't actually understand Monster Hunter unless you've played Monster Hunter. You can argue that about any game, but this series in general has certain things going behind the scenes of the hunt that the typical casual does not grasp by just watching. Hell even trying to explain it can detract people.

Believe me I want World to do well and I'll support it however I can, but I'm not going to sit here and assume the west is going to lap it up when it can very easily be met with heavy skepticism and bashing because it doesn't adhere to other games.
>>
File: 1477096880211.png (262KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477096880211.png
262KB, 600x900px
>>380960936
>To me it seems that Capcom moved on from Nintendo

The Hell they have. This is something open-world to pander to Westerners. The traditional series will remain on handhelds, which means Nintendo unless and until anyone else can come up with something to unseat the 3DS's popularity in Japan.
>>
>>380976021
3.4 million sales is pretty good considering that's on PS4 only. I'd say that if MHW does as well as HZD, it can reach over 5m worldwide, which is pretty good for a game series trying to branch out to new regions.

Also I can't really say for sure how much HZD cost, something tells me this game's budget isn't as high as say, a CoD game's.

But I am talking out of my ass, I know fuck all about the economics of the games industry.
>>
>>380976020
>Considering the fact that Sony's E3 presentation is very popular
Xbox still got more coverage this year, hell even Ubisoft did

Worlds was barely even given a round of applause there
>>
>>380976208
Are you gauging how well received a game was by the general public based on the reception of game journos in the conference?
>>
>>380975915
>Uh...Monster Hunter doesn't sell millions of copies. Only in Japan. Everywhere else its the prime definition of "niche"

They've never tried to sell any of the handheld games in the west... That's why Capcom was giving nintendo such a hard time with marketing. Nintendo never tried to market to the west in a big way because it wasn't worth it. Advertising in the west is MUCH more expensive than in Japan, for less return.

Saying MH is a niche game in the west before World is like saying the sky is blue.
>>
>>380976359
Cont. ...but that argument holds no ground for World because they're marketing this STRICTLY towards the west and THEN japan.
>>
>>380976094
>how do we know for sure?
It has everything it lacked for western audiences.

Good visuals.
Hookshoot.
No more flexing when healing.
Exposure for people that didnt know the franchise thanks to E3.
A new name instead of having a number.
It features fucking dinosaurs and will get a free ride off the Horizon hype train.
>>
>>380976304
No, I'm gauging them by how many people watched it, and Sony was lower than MS and Ubisoft
>>
>>380976125
>open world
lol
>the real MH
meme argument got blown out days ago little guy
>>
>>380976183
I'd say MHW definitely has potential to reach 5m sales.
>>
>>380976094
Nobody knows how well World will sell because it's the first MH with a western focus.

Rough estimates can be made but anybody who says stuff like: "They'll NEVER sell over 3 mil" is just being emotional about the whole thing.
>>
>>380976524
It would have to sell 4 million in the west for that to happen. You really think that is possible?
>>
>>380976359
>>380976440
Anon, this is the FOURTH FUCKING TIME in the past 5 years Capcom has tried to market to the west with their games, and almost every single time, it's blown up in their face.

>DmC was marketed towards the west, Flopped
>Lost Planet 3 was market towards the west, Flopped
>Dead Rising 4 was market towards the west, Flopped

There's not much a difference here
>>
>>380976489
Man so many people are butthurt about this game being in some quantum state of being MH5 and not being MH5, but they fail to realize how much selling power you gain by removing that 5 from the title.
Not feeling like you're missing out on the 4 previous games is a HUGE advantage. It's such a small compromise to make in the grand scheme of things.
>>
Doubt It'll sell more than Bloodborne including PC and xbone sales, I'd be sad and happy at the same time
>>
>>380976489
>Good visuals.
>Hookshoot.
>No more flexing when healing.
>A new name instead of having a number.
Anon, these are not selling points to a normie audience. These aren't selling points at all
>>
File: 123412452515.jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
123412452515.jpg
27KB, 504x415px
>>380976718
Maybe anon, just maybe, it's not the marketing, but the games
>>
>>380961021
haha
>>
>>380976718
>DmC
Not made by the same dev as the originals, relatively poor game all around, with bad performance, running on an inappropriate engine
>Lost Planet 3
Not made by the same dev, poor game all around, poorly received by critics
>Dead Rising 4
Not made by the same dev, not as bad as the other two but still bad

Now, tell me anon, what is the trend that you're noticing here about these westernized games? Activate your almonds for a moment and try to figure out what the key difference between World and the previous games that you mentioned is. I know you can do it.
>>
>>380976927
>Good visuals
>Not selling point to normies

Sorry, what?
>>
File: 1456374616951.jpg (100KB, 840x970px) Image search: [Google]
1456374616951.jpg
100KB, 840x970px
>>380976936
No Man's Sky sold well despite being a huge piece of shit

It doesn't matter the quality of the game
>>
>>380976936
Indeed they're all shitte
>>380976927
Removing a number from a title has more of an impact than you realise
>>
>>380977000
>Not made by the same dev
That doesn't matter to normies, in fact, still staying true to its niche roots will keep it niche
>>
>>380976927
Good visuals and the grappling hook are definitely selling points because they contribute to the experience, and grappling hooks are usually the most fun game mechanic in their respective games.

The other two are more of a removal of elements which might make the game sell less well. If the game doesn't have word of mouth saying that it's clunky as fuck and looks weird, and the footage doesn't have janky animations, then it's going to put off less people.
>>
>>380977165
If it's made by the same devs, it's more likely to be a good game. Good games get good reviews. Games with good reviews are less likely to flop. You're pretty dense, aren't you?
>>
>>380977020
MHW doesn't look better than a late PS3 game DESU. Combined with the dated engine it runs on
>>380977254
Anon, this is meant to cater to a new auidence, its not going to make a difference on what they added to the game or removed from it if they've they've never played the older ones
>>
File: 1493979506377.jpg (25KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
1493979506377.jpg
25KB, 569x428px
>>380976663
The important question isn't "how much it'll sell" but
"What stupidly high number Capcom expects to sell in order to deem it successful"

It could very well sell 3 million or even 5 million and Capcom will go "it didn't sell, the western gaijins don't want monster hunter"
>>
File: 1493871689648.jpg (59KB, 877x549px) Image search: [Google]
1493871689648.jpg
59KB, 877x549px
>>
>>380977326
>good games get good reviews
>Games with good reviews are less likely to flop
Oh boy anon, there's a huge list of Capcom Japan made games that got good reviews and flopped. I just want to point to Okami and be done with it
>>
>>380977380
Holy shit anon are you retarded? You're less likely to get new audience if you keep the janky shit. Part of the process of getting new people aboard a new franchise is making it more appealing to them, and janky shit makes the franchise less appealing.
>>
>>380960936
>Tripfag
>Shitposting
Fuck off.
>>
>>380977484
I'm not saying there's a 1 to 1 correlation, but do you seriously think that outside of some extreme outliers (like no man's sky) games with middling scores have a higher chance to do well than games with good scores?

Also, Okami is a pretty old game from a bygone era. Things have changed quite a bit since those days.
>>
>>380977087
>the exception is of rule nowings

lol, if you don't have anything constructive to say go shitpost somewhere else.
>>
>>380977510
They're not going to know if it was janky in the first place if they've never played it

Saying a grappling hook is a selling point is like saying the grappling hook in Zelda is a selling point
>>
>You know what would be a good use of my time
>Arguing with people who have no knowledge on a subject about hypothetical sales in an unreleased game that we have little to no information about in an attempt to convince people who i will never meet and have no impact on anything anywhere that my baseless views are correct
>yeah, yeah thats a good idea
what the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
>>380977448
Well that'll depend on the reception at launch + overall profit compared to a Japanese targeted game. Which both of those things we don't know since, you know, the game isn't released?
>>
>>380977620
No, saying the grappling hook in MonHun is a selling point is like saying that climbing in BOTW is a selling point, which it absolutely is. An increased sense of mobility and traversal is a big deal for many games, which is why a game like Anthem spent like, a third of the gameplay section having a bunch of people flying around. Seeing gameplay footage of people swinging around, latching onto monsters, jumping over gaps is appealing.
>>
>>380969000
Because most of their handheld sales are from Japan. The western audience will probably be more receptive to a modernized console and PC release.
>>
>>380977598
Good reviews are nice, but it won't guarantee your game success

There's still games coming out nowadays that get good reviews but still flop, like still, tons of Japanese games. Nothing has changed since those days. Niche Japanese games are still niche Japanese games
>>
>>380977484
>Okami
>Comparing this market to the market 10 years ago when the review game was totally different

It's time to s t o p.
>>
>>380977810
This
>>
>>380977810
Cimbing in BOTW was never a selling point, being able to go anywhere is.

Anthem is a fucking jetpack, and again, being able to go anywhere was.

MHW is still, the same niche Japanese game it always was, but with a grappling hook. You can't go anywhere you want to with that
>>
>>380977832
Why is monster hunter niche, though? What makes it niche? This game's core doesn't cater to a small population, it caters to a large amount of players. The only issue to get past is the controls, and the controls have been greatly improved in the current iteration, so I think that your foundation is wrong.

When I think of what makes monster hunter niche, I think of the fact that it was built for local multiplayer, that it's got janky animations and that the graphics look like shit. All three of these things have been improved to eradicated.
>>
>>380978052
No, the core of climbing being a selling point is that it activates the part of your brain that likes "you can climb that mountain"

Grappling hook turns on the part of your brain that wants to swing around like spiderman and go super fast.
>>
>>380977906
>10 years ago
Why are people saying things have changed? Because they haven't
>>
>>380977832
Give me 10, no let's make it easy, give me 5 examples of games that have gotten 9/10 and not sold well, in the past 1-2 years. Indie games excluded.
>>
>>380978052
Your argument is invalid.

I've seen people countless times go
"X has Y? Sold"

It's how normies think, they like something and it appeals to them so they buy it. They don't give a shit because it's "just $60" or whatever, they make that in a bit over half a day.

Please stop shitposting
>>
>>380978063
Monster Hunter has always catered to a small population outside Japan. Changing a few things and keeping its Japanese roots isn't going to give it automatic success. Prettier graphics and animation also aren't going to give it that either.

>>380978173
You can't climb that mountain though, because MHW isn't open world. Normies love open world shit
>>
>>380978205
spoiler
you can't
>>
>>380978382
>It's how normies think, they like something and it appeals to them so they buy it
And what makes you think it appeals to them? You're not a normie are you anon?

>>380978205
What do you mean by 9/10? Like a 90 on Metacritic
>>
>>380978480
You would like to believe MH is this specialist niche game anon and sorry to break it to you but it's not.

It's about whacking monsters with a stick and then taking one of their legs and whacking the next monster with it, while chugging potions.

Rinse
and
repeat
>>
>>380978740
This.

The only thing holding MH from becoming a mainstream game was that it looked awful and had clunky gameplay.
>>
>>380978740
You just described a niche game anon
>>
>>380978637
I have plenty of friends that are normies, I know what their purchasing habits are and how little they care if a game is a "masterpiece". If the premise and graphics appeal to their taste they'll buy it. Hence why fifa is selling like mad after 20 years of the same game over and over. It appeals to people who want football with the most up to date rosters on the newest console, that's it. They could give less of a shit if they're paying $60 bucks every year for a dlc pack basically.
>>
>>380960936
I've never played a monster hunter game, I've looked up gameplay of it and it seemed interesting, but the franchise felt limited by Nintendo devices.

I enjoyed Soulsborne and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen a lot, I am looking forward to Monster Hunter World on PC and Deep Down on PS4, keep up the great job Capcom.
>>
>>380978912
Why do you think I described a niche game? It's okay I don't expect an answer :)
>>
>>380979356
>>380978912
Cont. Do you mind reminding me what you do in dark souls? :^)
>>
>>380979356
Because the game you just mentioned has been niche for years
>>
>>380979523

"Because it is" Is not an answer anon, I'm sorry we're sending you back to 2nd grade.
>>
>>380979523
Also see >>380979485
>>
>>380979485
>Another Soulsfag tries to compare MonHun to Dark Souls when they play next to nothing alike

>>380979634
But thats still what MonHun has been for years
>>
File: 1405539928908.gif (272KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1405539928908.gif
272KB, 256x192px
People expecting Capcom to never release another MH game for the Switch, a superpowered handheld, when their main audience of Japan is obsessed with handhelds, is literally delusional.

MHW might do well, it might not, but new Monster Hunter releases on the Switch are inevitable. That's just a fact.
>>
>>380979846
>Switch, a superpowered handheld
Ecks Dee
>>
>>380979338
>but the franchise felt limited by Nintendo devices.
yeah, it's common knowledge nintendo consoles can't run as many mechanics as a current gen console, I heard the grappling hook just wouldn't work on the switch
>>
>>380979846
They are releasing XX for Switch and the prereleases are tanking...

Yes, its a handheld, but it costs twice the ammount of a regular handheld and its games cost 50% more.
>>
>>380979975
>getting a mainline Pokemon game
>not a handheld
wew
>>
>>380961792
>sony ponies talking about shitposting
>>
>>380980094
>Superpowered
Ecks Ecks Dee Dee
>>
>>380980091
>They are releasing XX for Switch and the prereleases are tanking...
Its not like XX is a port of a game they already played or anything
>>
>>380980247
Name a stronger handheld console
>>
File: nvidia-project-shield-xl.jpg (83KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
nvidia-project-shield-xl.jpg
83KB, 960x640px
>>380980392
>>
>>380980091
literally a port of a handheld.

literally kill yourself, cuck
>>
>>380980562
Don't they use the same chipset? How is that stronger?
>>
Do people seriously believe that normies are going to spend hours killing Diablos over and over and over again to craft a new piece of equipment? Because that's the core of Monster Hunter. Unless they make it into a cinematic adventure that's never going to appeal to the mainstream PS4/Xbone audience.
>>
>>380980290
>MHXX tanks on 3DS
>"They're just waiting to buy the inevitable switch version!"
>MHXX tanks on switch
>"T-they already played it!"
Kek, just accept that monster hunter is dead on Nintendo systems and Japs are fed up and aren't going to buy toddler tablets to play MH in 240p anymore
>>
>>380980796
>>"They're just waiting to buy the inevitable switch version!"
No one ever said that fag, quit lying
>>
>>380980796
>blaming nintendo for everything
>when the real culprit is the company you will be giving your money to
wew
>>
>>380980796
>Japs are fed up with handhelds
nigger I suggest you stop while you're ahead
>>
>>380960936
top 10 anime betrayal
>>
>>380960936
Seems like a dumb decision then considering portability is critical to MH's success. Nobody wants to play a MH console game. Westerners don't even know what it is and won't give a shit. It was weird for Sony to show it off and they obviously did so just as a fuck you to Nintendo.

Capcom has officially gone insane. The combined sales of these games will be less than 1 million globally. I hope they got enough from Sony to keep it off the Switch to cover their losses

If you disagree with me you're wrong. Monster Hunter is a massive niche franchise and relatively unknown in the West. It will remain that way regardless of the 15 people here on /v/ who will play it. Consoles are dead in Japan so a console MH is a death sentence. Especially a Western-focused MH. Neither the West nor the Nips will care about it.

Capcom continues to make poor business decision after poor business decision. They will be bankrupt by 2019
>>
>>380981473
>If you disagree with me you're wrong.
Goddamn, I need you as my lawyer.
>>
>>380980796
>MHXX tanks on 3DS
It sold obscene amounts, though? It was outselling every other numbered release combined in the Japanese multiplatform charts on its release.

Moreover, all of /v/'s fixation on MHW has reverse-hyped me for MHXX on 3DS. I want to carry over my shit, as much as a Switch version sounds cool.

"LOL, WE'RE NEITHER CONFIRMING NOR DENYING THAT WE'RE LOCALIZING IT!!!" Fucking vague bastards
>>
>>380981709
>I want to carry over my shit, as much as a Switch version sounds cool.
Disregard that:
"Nintendo 3DS owners will also be able to transfer saves back and forth between the handheld version and Nintendo Switch edition."

Guess I'll be happy with either version, if it does get localized. Considering the price of localization and the manpower required though, I doubt they'll be doing Stories AND XX AND MHW simultaneously. Especially when XX sells like dogshit outside of Japan.
>>
>>380981709
>it sold obscene amounts though
>less than expectations from capcom, not even 2 million
what did he mean by this
>*checks x just in case*
>sold less than the last psp entry and sales for every game on the 3ds apparently stagnated completely
huh, weird
>>
>>380978838
>The only thing holding MH from becoming a mainstream game was that it looked awful and had clunky gameplay.
why do people keep talking as if Monster Hunter have never been in anything than handheld hardware???
>>
>>380982231
it hasn't been on anything decent since normies started playing videogames

>dos was 2006
>>
File: Japan Sales.jpg (723KB, 1851x1526px) Image search: [Google]
Japan Sales.jpg
723KB, 1851x1526px
>>380980796
>Japs are fed up and aren't going to buy toddler tablets to play MH in 240p anymore
so thats why Switch is betting any trend so far??
>>
>>380982345
>it hasn't been on anything decent since normies started playing videogames
PS2, PS3, PC, XB360, PS4, Wii, WiiU

The only hardware that never got a Mon Hun was the VITA
>>
>>380982460
Dunno what chart you're looking at but the one you posted shows switch still doing worse than 3ds, the previously worst selling Nintendo handheld right behind the virtual boy.
Switch is a joke that'll struggle to even hit 30M lifetime systems.
>>
>>380982527
>since normies started playing videogames
>posts the ps2
mainline wasn't on ps3, pc or xbox360
>ps4
???
>wii, wiiU
"decent"
>>
>>380982645
>shows switch still doing worse than 3ds
3DS had a better launch week, but week over week Switch has sold better than 3DS retard
>>
>>380982645
>This denial
>>
>>380982840
>mainline wasn't on ps3, pc or xbox360
yeah, I forgot Frontier was a card game
>>
>>380982968
I'm sorry, you actually think anybody considers frontier to be mainline?

really?
>>
>>380976125
The only open world thing about it is that there aren't any loading screens between areas now
>>
File: core fans.png (606KB, 1230x855px) Image search: [Google]
core fans.png
606KB, 1230x855px
>>380983106
Capcom considers frontier to be core audience material
>>
>>380983174
you don't have to keep posting you know

it's an anonymous imageboard, you don't have to save face here
>>
File: 1413989874744.jpg (568KB, 452x984px) Image search: [Google]
1413989874744.jpg
568KB, 452x984px
>>380983454
My first post in this thread.
>>
I'm fucking glad they're making a monhun game on something that isn't less powerful than my phone.
I have a 3ds and it's fucking horrible to play on it. Fucking retarded japanese consumers that like that piece of shit.
>>
>>380983550
>this proves frontier is a mainline game
I've also been playing from the beginning lad
>>
>>380983716
Never said that
>>
>>380983808
then why
>>
>>380965528
>So far MH hasn't sold above 1 million in the west alone despite Nintendo and Capcom's best efforts.
MH4U sold 1.5M in the west.
>>
>>380968318
Cool post, anon. I think you're really onto something with how this game is returning to the vision of the very first game. It's exactly why I'm optimistic.
>>
File: B2h34iVCIAAM1m-.jpg large.jpg (95KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B2h34iVCIAAM1m-.jpg large.jpg
95KB, 768x1024px
>>380983942
Just for fun. My point is only the core audience one.
>>
>>380983961
No it didnt.
>>
>>380960936
I think their exclusivity contract just ended.

Fine by me. I have a PS4, Switch, Vita, and 3DS. I'm ready for whatever capcom does unless they do an Xbone or PC exclusive (lol)
>>
>>380960936
The series was shit mainly due to the 3DS. MHW has been in development for 4 years. If they wanted it on the switch, they would have had to start development as late as last year
>>
>>380984192
>The contract meme still exists
>>
>>380984192
>>380984476
>The contract meme
Likely the reason Capcom went to Nintendo was cause
A) capcom did not have money to make an HD Mon Hun
B) 3DS was raping the VITA in sales in Japan

so low budget development + giant userbase.
>>
>>380984163
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e151021.html
It sold around 2.6M in Japan.
>>
>>380984956
What does it have to do with the sales in the west?
>>
>>380961429
I hate what this site has become. Brands and CIA constantly shillposting. I wish cripplechan wasn't so slow.
>>
>>380985193
Did you open the link?
>>
>>380969672
>Nintendo fans are so used to their underpowered platforms they consider superior technology "magic"
>>
>>380985441
>better hardware automatically fixes clunky controls and AI
>>
>>380985441
Kek
>>
>>380985405
shipments =/= sales

MH4U sold 710k in NA and 480k in EU, nowhere near close to 1.5m
>>
File: Image 193.jpg (124KB, 608x366px) Image search: [Google]
Image 193.jpg
124KB, 608x366px
>>
What I dont understand is why are they doing this to a nintendo franchise out of nowhere.
>>
>>380985441
>gameplay demo
>literally crouch between the monsters legs for like a full minute and he doesnt see you until you are in fornt of him.
The Ai is still fucking ass, the only difference is know they will attack other monsters and ingore your for far more time.
>>
>>380961605
>We will never get a good MH game because Japs only buy portable trash and Westcucks are too busy playing Wahoo of Duty to support console and PC gaming
I want off this timeline.
>>
>>380985732
Unless stores return the physical copies shipments =/= sales. And where's your source for your numbers?
>>
>>380985838
>mh sold 1M in the west

isnt this the same shit as with 4U and Trii on wii?
they sacrificing the japan userbase again is stupid. Specially if the online fees are tru lik theey were with trii.EXcept trii didnt cost as much.
>>
>>380985863
>literally crouch between the monsters legs for like a full minute and he doesnt see you until you are in front of him
except real animals do that
>>
File: datps4life.jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
datps4life.jpg
18KB, 225x225px
Sony Master Race here

Can someone explain why this series is so sought after? Looks kinda crap if you ask me. There doesn't seem to be any level progression like the Souls games and its just a dude in armor in a big field fighting a big monster? Wow?
>>
>>380986007
>except real animals do that
most real animal would detect your precense meters away ebcasue smell and sound Specially with a good sense smell whcih this guy is supposed to have given the shitty nose and is an top predator.
>>
>>380983997
Gotta be honest, I never expected a response like this. Thanks, bro. I have veered from the concern and trepidation I mentioned to cautious optimism now, especially after hearing the outpouring of positivity from those attending the live demos at E3 that actually know a thing or two about Monster Hunter.

But yeah, I really do hope it succeeds in bringing about that vision. Could be onto something really special in that case.

And aside from all that, all this talk of MHW has renewed my desire for XX to be localised in some form. Who gives a shit about console wars? It's all about the hunt, man!
>>
>>380960936
Capcom is faithful to no one. Which ever company shows the most success at the time is who'll they'll chose to make games for. The only reason they went to Nintendo systems in the first place is because Sony dropped the ball with the PS3 by initially making it too expensive for people to buy, significantly putting it behind the Wii in terms of overall sells.
>>
>>380986491
But all of Capcom's other games are on PS3, not Wii.
>>
>>380986149
You get better gear, so there is something akin to level progression.
>just a dude in armor in a big field fighting a big monster
Sounds like a good game to me.
>>
>>380986491
most people main concern is not about faith but the total drop of what is historically the the best selling grounds of Monster Hunter
>>
>>380986626
Just like what they did to Sony before?
>>
>>380986626
>It's not Monster Hunter selling the console
>>
>>380986671

You're about to be dropped if you aren't careful
>>
>>380986491
>which every company shows the most success at the time
that's why they're developing a western console version of a game that sells best on a handheld in the east?

oooooh, it all makes sense now
>>
>>380986794
Careful about my anti shilling?
>>
>>380986741
>>It's not Monster Hunter selling the console
yeah, cause it worked for PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, XB360, WiiU,, right??

>>380986671
>Just like what they did to Sony before?
I was talking about handheld in Japan. the fucking Projection is real
>>
>>380987204
Yes PSP is a handheld. 5 million sales was just thrown away like that.
>>
>>380987289
>5 million sales was just thrown away like that.
actually were 5.8M and 5M
then when moved to 3DS 4.6 and 4M
it moved out of VITA cause it had not the user base and 3DS was cheaper to develop cause Sony was near bankrupt
>>
>>380987447
MH3G sales was less than 2 million. It was never on Vita, the 3DS games were announced before Vita came out.
>>
>>380987592
sorry, mental fart
>it moved out of PS cause VITA had not the user base and ..........
>>
>>380987592
>cause CAPCOM was near bankrupt
>>
>>380987708
Yeah, they throw away 5 million sales. Same thing is happening now.
>>
>>380987798
they moved to another device in the same play field

Wold is a blind shot to the sun expecting it not crash and burn
>>
File: Image 1118.jpg (115KB, 814x529px) Image search: [Google]
Image 1118.jpg
115KB, 814x529px
>>380987763
>>
>>380987884
Just like MH3G
>>
>finally getting around to playing Freedom Unite on my Vita
>despite the massive lack of AA it still looks scores better than the 3DS titles
>>
>>380960936
This shows a surprising ignorance on the monster hunter series as a whole.
Capcom is coming to the PC and main consoles because they are realizing people actually want to play their games. theres a chance XX is better or that we get a mobile one thats better than worlds because thats just the monsterhunter series in a nutshell
>>
>>380969130
Because /v/ said it does. Just like how they said it's just casualized western sonyger garbage. /v/ is never wrong about anything ever and they are all knowing video game gods despite not actually touching video games.
>>
>>380987997
I'm doing the same thing and it looks like ass compared to MH4U.
>>
>>380965693
The same way Danganronpa got popular in the west: it's perfect for let's play.
It's weird how YouTube is affecting gaming nowadays.
>>
>>380988336
Don't see how you're coming to that conclusion when the Freedom Unite models are actually sort of clear and not just 5 triangles mashed together
>>
File: DAhS_8QWsAEPYx9.jpg large.jpg (19KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
DAhS_8QWsAEPYx9.jpg large.jpg
19KB, 599x337px
>>380988073

apcom is coming to the PC and main consoles because they are realizing people actually want to play their games.

>>380967730
for 10th time in this thread why do people talk as if Capcom have never ever tried MH outside of Handhelds , on PC or as a multiplat??

what makes people think World will somehow be different??

the only way it would change is if they change it and make it more appealing to the west but then that will contrary the calls that
>its a main MH !!!
>they are not changing it !!!
>>
>>380987981
MH3G was just more content on a previous game which in turn was just more content on a previous game, not an entirely new entry
>>
>>380969154
>Nips don't play on PC
>Nips don't play on Xbone
>Switch can't handle MHW

I wonder why Capcom is only releasing MHW on PS4 in Japan.
>>
>>380988570
>just more content on a previous game which in turn was just more content on a previous game
So why the vast difference in sales?
>>
>>380986409
>is a top predator
>looks like it's based on vultures
>>
>>380969220
wtf tarofags control the video game market
>>
>>380965915
It's a 3DS game, it can't be that expensive to make. Mainly because XX is just a rehash with added content.
Now, World has been in development for 4 years. I really can't see they even breaking even with it, unless they reuse the engine and models for 3 more games (which they probably will), but the West is a lot less accepting of that then the Japanese market.
>>
The important thing is if it's going to have an ode to life or not and the same attitude towards the monsters.
>>
>>380988473
Jaggies and PSP games looking blurry on the Vita. I'm one of the 5 or so people who actually play with 3D on and 3DS games look much sharper that way.
>>
File: 000.jpg (84KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
84KB, 500x656px
>>380988868
MH4G alone (not MH4) has

200 dev staff
1.5 years dev time
several billion yen budget (tens of millions of dollars)

About 30-60-ish times more than your average Japanese game, for an expansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0rdazCw24
>>
File: 1457467095839.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
1457467095839.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
>>380988713
What?
>>
>>380967730
Not pre-ordering until I know if there's a collector's edition announced
>tfw collector's edition will probablyjust be something Rath related because fuck effort
>>
>>380988981
5 million and 2 million
>>
>>380985572
> clunky controls
New animations and the best controllers on the market are gonna fix this, yes.

> AI
They specified it was new AI.

Watch the leak too.
>>
>>380988941
>playing any 3DS game with the 3D on

Do you like only being able to play for 13 minutes before being forced to charge?
>>
>>380989063
You're an idiot, my point with >>380988570 was that MHW is even more of a blind shot to the sun than MH3G because much more time and resources went into making it.
>>
>>380989413
No it has content now. You agreed that MH3G sold bad because it had no content, not because it was on handheld. So MH3G was more of a "blind shot to the sun".
>>
>>380989205
>New animations and the best controllers on the market are gonna fix this, yes.
That's not gonna stop the controls from being clunky anon

>They specified it was new AI.
Can you prove the 3DS couldn't do it?
>>
>>380989692
I never agreed to anything, >>380988570 was my first post in the conversation. Cool your autism.
>>
>>380969787
just checked amazon, cave story's no. 75 and MHW on ps4 is no. 93
>>
Still unsure how this game will sell. It would have the potential to be the best selling MH, if Xturds actually bought map games. So all pressure will be on Sonybros and Pkeks to actually for it's sales.
>>
>>380988628
>>Switch can't handle MHW
>MT Framework
>MHW is 30 FPS
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH
>>
>>380989692
>No it has content now
Sold separately for 4.99
>>
>>380990001
What about MH fans? Will they buy the newest installment in MH franchise like they always do?
>>
>>380961429
what are you talking about
>>
>>380988979
I don't get it. Why?
Are their devs GameFreak level of incompetents? Do they actually treat them as human beings and not labor dogs?
>>
>>380990402
Because the expected sales are in the millions.

Exepcted sales * profit margin = development budget

This is common sense.
>>
>>380961792
I hope no one is this retarded
>>
>>380990582
That's not the problem, anon, the problem is that I don't see they doing anything substantial with all that money and people that they couldn't do with half of ot.
>>
>>380990810
Paying for 200 devs for a project is not substantial? Anyway that is what was reported.
>>
>>380990029

Yeah think about that, running at 30fps on a proper console.
Should be a easy port on a mobile plattaform with the power of a mighty wiiU
Thread posts: 519
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.