[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought a PS3, what should I get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 1485502481094.jpg (146KB, 831x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1485502481094.jpg
146KB, 831x1058px
Just bought a PS3, what should I get?
>>
>>380959325
Games
>>
>>380959720
But... but what games?
>>
>>380960231
Uuuuhhhhhhh
>>
>>380960231
The ones on disc or on PSN.
>>
>>380960231
Persona 5.

Other than that there isn't much to talk about.
>>
>>380959325
Uncharted games
>>
>>380959325
Check if you can CFW or downgrade to an OFW that can be CFW'd.
Then pirate everything possible
>>
>>380959325
Depends on what you like. As I like console rocket league and console witcher 3 for some reason. Nioh and soulsborne games. Nier Automata is sick.
Killing floor 2 is free download if u have a ps subscription I believe
>>
>>380960424
Forgot this, but I'm not into dialogue driven games too much
>>
>>380959325
Yakuza 3-5, emulate 1&2 or watch the recaps in 3
RDR
inFamous 2
Uncharted 2 / 3, TLOU (LE MOVIE GAMES XD *begs for port*)
The Puppeteer (if you want some casual platforming fun)
Shadow of the Colossus & ICO HD
MGS HD Collection
>>
>>380960548
>PS3
>>
>>380960623
My bad I'm high as fuck but thas no excuse

Silent hill hd collection
Red dead redemption
>>
>>380960613
if you speak / read nip, you can also get Yakuza Kenzan and Ishin, Kiwami and 0 from the japanese PSN store.
>>
>>380959325
If it's super slim - a new HDD, because the one you currently have will start failing you soon.
>>
File: questionmark.png (1MB, 1220x1748px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark.png
1MB, 1220x1748px
>>380960702
>Silent hill hd collection
>>
>>380960746
Mfw I have a white super slim and it's been acting weird on certain parts of demons souls
>>
>>380960841
I rescind that, I just been craving silent h 3 (it's a physical disc that comes with silent hill 2 and 3)

U should download the ps1 game medievil tho that is timeless to me
>>
>>380959325
NO GAEMS HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Enjoy it while you can

Servers will be down in 2-3 years
>>
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104KB, 256x295px
>>
Catherine
MGS HD
Shadow of the Colossus/Ico bundle
Ni no Kuni
Unkarted 1/2/3
The Last of Us
Persona 5
NieR
Demons Souls / Dark Souls (1)
Yakuza
Okami HD
Some Fightan gaems like BB or GG
>>
>>380961371
>Servers
What kind of multiplayer game would one play on PS3 these days? Are you retarded.
>>
Some bluray movies!!
>>
>>380961371
The store for the PSP was up until like last year or something, I think PSN servers will be up for at least four more years.
>>
Katamari Forever(underatted title)
Persona 4 Ultimax(still fun to play)
Nier
Catherine
Sega Genesis classics collection
Tales of xillia series

There is much more even on the PS2 end there is games you can buy.
>>
>>380961486
I forgot about Ni No Kuni that was a good title back then.
>>
>>380961771
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
>>
>>380959325
A refund, and then buy a PS4
>>
File: 1497757775211.jpg (75KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
1497757775211.jpg
75KB, 334x334px
Gonna buy a ps3 soon is there anything i should look for like version number or something that ease pirating games on it

and which is the best model Fat / slim /super slim
>>
You should get the zone of the enders hd collection too
Great games
>>
>>380962236
They're not that great, they're pretty and the flying is neat but the actual combat really sucks.
>>
>>380959325
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Catherine
-Ni No Kuni
-MGS Legacy Collection / HD Collection + MGS1 + 4
-Demon's Souls + Dark Souls
-Okami HD
-FF XIII + XIII-2 + Lighting Returns
-End Of Eternity
-Ratchet & Clank PS3 trilogy, + HD Collection if you haven't played originals
-Persona 5

>>380962137
Are you a moron?
PS4 has literally NO games, while PS3 has dozens + all the classics.
>>
>>380959325
hey op, I was in the same boat so I'll list games I enjoyed the most and what impression I had of them

Uncharted trilogy (2 is best, 1 is alright and 3 is meh)
Red dead redemption
Mass effect trilogy (epic sci-fi. make sure to install ME3 extended cut before finishing the last game cause it immensely improves the ending)
Dragons age origins (another epic but in a different era it still got similar compelling story and characters)
Tomb raider (first game of reboot was pretty good, don't know about the second)
Catherine (fun puzzle game)
Sleeping dogs (Chinese gta clone with a lot of brawls. A good one)
Bioshock and Dishonored (putting them together because they give the same feel)
The last of us (like old resident evil games when you didn't shoot your way through every enemy and had to conserve bullets and resources. the story and character performance is great too)
Batman Arkham asylum and Arkham city (brawler fight type games)
Borderlands 2 (probably clocked most hours in that game, had a blast in the co-op)
Valkyrie chronicles (RPG with fps elements, good gameplay and story)
Portal 2 (another great puzzle game, with one of the most memorable game endings)
The walking dead season 1 (not much of a game but enjoyable nonetheless because of the twists and turns. by far the best entry I recommend you skip season 2 and 3 but it depends on how much you enjoy this style of games)
Tales of _____ games (all are quality JRPG games if you're into that, Xilia is the best imo)
Mafia 2 (really short and linear, but I liked the story)

so yea, while we're 1 gen late, all these titles could now be bought for $10 or less which is pretty sweet. enjoy your new ps3/games.
>>
>>380962902
I don't think you know what literally means. Also, PS4 has PSNow, so there's literally no reason to buy a PS3
>>
>>380963089
>PSNow,
shit shill bait.
>>
Tokyo Jungle
>>
>>380963070
>The last of us
>like old resident evil games
>good story & performance
How can someone... I don't even...

>Valkyria chronicles
>RPG with fps elements
it's simply a TBS with RT unit controls.
>>
>>380962195
The earlier the version / firmware, the easier it is to jailbreak and thus pirate shit.

Fat would have built-in backwards compatibility with PS2 discs, which was removed in later versions. ALL PS3 versions run PS1 discs.
Fat also has the most expansion ports and shit. The con is that they tend to have highest failure rate, though mine has survived literally 10 years now.

The normie-Slim is the favorite of the many. If you get early versions, you can jailbreak them, and even install a software-based PS2 emulator to it, the same one used in PAL PS3 Fat versions (Which lacked Emotion Engine). It's around 75% compatible with the entire PS2 library, and performs OK in most titles.
Much sleeker design.

Super Slim is a literal toy, and most butchered of them all. Only reason to get it would be that you only want a small form-factor PS3, to play legal PS3 discs.
>>
File: 1470862740013.jpg (39KB, 960x629px) Image search: [Google]
1470862740013.jpg
39KB, 960x629px
Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
Catherine
Demon's Souls
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle
>>
Get the Ratchet and Clank games
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.