[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being so trash at shooters on console and PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: endme.png (235KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
endme.png
235KB, 500x358px
Seriously, I'm trash af. Is there any hope for me? Or am I doomed to be a low-tier scrub forever? Any tips, tricks, strategies to play shooters better? I really need to get better at this.

I'm gonna go self love to some grade A interracial adult videos.

Serious answers please.
>>
>>380956131
There is a pro tip*

>Use CRT monitor (you really want no delay)
>Make sure you fix your monitor and keyboard distance of eachother (repeatability has bigger role than you can imagine)
>Practice quick focusing on three points with eyes.

You will be crushing people in no time and you will get banned for hacking.
Then you will find out that servers admins are kids and you will go and find other joys in life.
>>
>>380956131
>I really need to get better at this.
No, you don't. You want to get better at it and do it on your own, or you don't. When it starts to be some kind of work, something you "need" to do it's time to find something else to do with your time. Something you won't regret years down the road.

Not to be too blunt but, do you really understand the kind of mountain you're trying to climb? To be good at FPS you really need about 20 years experience at this point.
>>
If you don't have good enough reflexes or aim, and you're in your 20s, chances are you won't be able to get better. It's hard to hear, but it's pretty much the truth.
>>
File: IMG_0248.jpg (132KB, 549x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0248.jpg
132KB, 549x664px
click on the bad guys and don't have a heart attack when doing so.
>>
Try using a lower mouse sensitivity and letting your arm 'float', your right hand and arm shouldn't touch your desk at all except for maybe a little bit of the bottom of the palm
>>
>>380956131
>thrashaf
What?
>>
>>380956131
>How do I stop being so trash at shooters on console and PC?

start using wallhax and autoaim bots. That's basically what all online kiddies do.
>>
>>380956842
*Desk or the arm of your chair at all
>>
>>380956131
play team-based games on casual and practice, practice, practice
>>
practice http://aim400kg.ru/
>>
File: 1477767517313.jpg (41KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
1477767517313.jpg
41KB, 450x325px
>Get a 144hz monitor
>Get a fucking huge mousepad and use low sensitivity
>Get a mouse with high DPI
>TURN OFF MOUSE ACCELERATION IN WINDOWS

pic unrelated
>>
>>380956671
Bullshit, you'll probably never go pro, but with practice you can improve a lot
>>
>>380956131
Just practice and keep your sensitivity consistent across games
>>
>>380956131
It's all about angles.
Use every corner to control your view and how vulnerable you are as you move.
Stick to walls, don't go out in the open.
>>
File: 1497301791905.jpg (97KB, 415x454px) Image search: [Google]
1497301791905.jpg
97KB, 415x454px
>I'm gonna go self love to some grade A interracial adult videos.
>>
>>380956131
Practice aiming. When I played competitively I always played one of those mouse accuracy flash games for half an hour before the game, warming up really helps. Study strategy and tactics and practice like a loon to get good intuition and game sense.

http://mouseaccuracy.com/
>>
>>380956131

Turn your sensitivity down.

Seriously, I spent a good 12 years being a never improving shitter over a hundred games, then I slashed by both my mouse DPI and typical in game sensitivities down by 2/3rds and I have been doing easily 4-5x better at every shooter I play.

Wish I had done this long, long ago.
>>
>>380957968
If you don't drag your mouse at least three times across the mousepad to turn in a full circle you suck.
It's absolutely terrible to get used to, but once you learn to use that speed and have a semblance of hand-eye coordination low sens is a wonderful thing, it's impossible to overshoot your targets.
>>
>>380957205
>>Get a mouse with high DPI

If you want to turn your problem from "lack of skill" to "pointer inconsistency" then sure.

There's a reason the top 100 of any online shooter never has past 800 DPI
>>
>>380957218
You can, but it's kind of like trying to get good at Chess when you didn't play it as a kid. At best you'll only make it to mediocre tournament player.
>>
play tropico on the highest speed and never pause
sounds stupid but it actually works
>>
>>380956131
I'm actually glad I'm not good at shooters. Most of /v/ don't like TF2 because it's too easy, yet I struggle to play good as the Sniper.

I get lots of fun.
>>
>>380958106
>If you don't drag your mouse at least three times across the mousepad to turn in a full circle you suck.

That was basically it, I noticed in CS tournaments or if you watched a higher end play on twitch, every time you can see their hand they are making massive movements to turn. Looked terrible but I figured I'd give it a try. About a week of practice before I got used to it but I will never go back.
>>
>>380958126
you're basically terminology illiterate
the guy says right they "low sensitivity"

sensitivity can be adjusted down to dozens of decimal points, doesn't matter if you have 4800 dpi if you can adjust sensitivity accordingly
higher resolution is higher resolution, there is no drawback unless for some reason your game locks sensitivity
>>
Headphones and listen to what's going off.
>>
>>380956131
-use highest availabe fov setting always.
-practice at least 15 minutes everday
-learn to aim with your arm instead of your wrist
-use very low sensitivty(with arm aiming) first its gonna feel like shit but after an hour and a half you gonna be a million times better
-turn off "enchance pointer precision" in windows setting.(its basically mouse acceleration)
-PRACTICE EVERYDAY
>>
>>380956131
Just change your outlook. I'm not great at shooters even though I like playing them. Seeing people do their Legendary runs through Halo was annoying as Normal was about my limit.
Then I just thought "fuck it, if I paid for this game then what's the point of torturing myself by setting the difficulty where I'll never be able to play it properly?".
So yeah, everybody's better at shooters than me, it just doesn't bother me any more as long as I can play what I paid for and have fun.
>>
>>380958106
I thought the rule was a full horizontal sweep should turn you 180 degrees
>>
>>380958759

That's some amazing quitter attitude.
>>
>>380959423
He's not necessarily wrong. Not everyone can be amazing, but amazing people can come from anywhere. It's okay to run away.
>>
Find the right mouse speed for you. Not too slow or too fast.
>>
>>380958389
there has to be some reason why so many pros play at 400 or 500 dpi though. i mean higher res has to have some issue, otherwise everyone would have switched to high dpis and converted their sens accordingly by now
>>
>>380959656

Pierre, please.
>>
>>380959423
Being a happy quitter is better than being a miserable shitter
>>
>>380959906
>tfw this applies to Randy Pitchford the most
>>
it's literally genetics. you either have it or you don't. i've seen it so many times over the years. you just know when a person will be permanently trash
>>
>>380959754
A lot of sensors have issues at high dpi, especially older once. If you have a good mouse with a proper sensor it's nowadays but still pretty pointless.

Also lowering your sensitivity too much will hamper you in a lot of shooters that arent cs.
>>
>>380956131
Stop caring so much.

It's a fucking computer game. No matter how good you get there will always be people better so it's a pointless task.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.