[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We'll never see Shadow of the Colossus 2 made in our lifetime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

We'll never see Shadow of the Colossus 2 made in our lifetime
>>
>>380953648
it doesnt need a sequel
>>
>>380954018
This
>>
>>380954018
why not?
>>
>>380954018
more than 22 colossi were left out
yes I want a sequel
>>
>>380953648
It probably will get a sequel if the remake sells
>>
>>380953648
umm theyre making it for PS4???
>>
>>380954291
>wanting 48 boss fights in a row
16 was a fine number
>>
>>380954291
It still urks me that they are doing a remake and they are not even putting in the colossi that were cut very late in development.

If any game needed some of its cut content put back in, Shadow of the Colossus was it.
>>
>>380954018
Maybe a spiritual sequel
>>
>>380954391
but who is going to be the art director and the content creator? Bluepoint is a company that only works in remakes/remasters
Sony of Japan has other projects and the creator of the game left Sony
>>
They should have made another monster climbing game the guardian was fucking garbage they struck gold with SOTC
>>
>>380953648
Good. being honest I bet it wouldn't be as good. Ueda isn't the market to look for a consistent series, he should stick to making one off unique experiences. It's why a lot of people felt disapointed with TLG, it's a mix of the two but not it's own thing. It's a shame considering how much work they put into Trico, but it had difficulty establishing an identity of it's own to make up for it's short comings like Ico and SoTC did
>>
And thank fucking god for that.
It's like asking for a sequel to Children of Men, or Pathologic or Crime and Punishment.
It's self-fucking-sustained fucking story. And fucking SAD that our culture has actually apparently completely failed to teach people to appreciate that.

Why the FUCK do we need to sequel mill everything? Not every story is suited to be episodic. In fact most of them aren't: not the good ones usually. It's kinda terrifying how people cling to this idea of "we want more of the same", regardless of what made the original thing good in the first place.
>>
>>380953648
Stop complaining and go buy the same game with better lightning at full price like a good goy
>>
>>380954674
>And fucking SAD that our culture has actually apparently completely failed to teach people to appreciate that.
shut the fuck up. This is a game, not an experience or a movie.
>oh it's a tale of bla bla bla
the story there is irrelevant and you can easily make a sequel using an alternative timeline or something
>>
>>380953648
So I heard that the PS3 HD remaster really fucked up the game, can someone explain to me how?
>>
>>380954936
false
don't fall for /v/ memes. The PS2 version is 15~20fps and using an emulator only speeds up that mess it doesn't make anything more accurate
>>
>>380954828
>shut the fuck up. This is a game, not an experience or a movie.
You might actually be clinically mentally retarded. I wonder if you were this braindead before you came here, or if the general stupidity and memes eventually dissolved your brain.
>>
>>380954936
no idea what you're talking about
I played the PS3 version recently, didn't find a single flaw
>>
>>380954674
Underrated post
>>
>>380955048
you are mentally retarded, that's why you are insulting me
>muh experience
>muh storytale
>muh fantasy
>muh nostalgia
fuck off
>>
>>380955125
>claiming underrated post this early
back to plebbit
>>
>>380953648
I work in a kindergarten, and often tell stories and adventures to the kids during lunch or right before they are gonna take a nap. Some time ago I started telling them the story from "Shadow of The Colossus" and they absolutely loved it. Since the game is so minimalistic I try not to do too much exposition and it really gets the kids asking. "Why is the girl dead? Maybe the Colossus killed her". "What happens to the boy after defeating a Colossus? Does he die? And how does he end up back in the castle" etc. and it's wonderful witnessing them asking these questions among themselves. Especially when they are debating wether it's okay that the boy is killing all the Colossus. I always reply to the questions with vague answers like "I don't know. Maybe the colossus are evil, maybe not. What do you think?". I split the story up in several parts so I tell one colossus-fight at a time, so that the kids can keep the concentration. I really recommend you try and tell your niece, nephew or kids stories from the game. I think there is a lot to learn from the story and it's something that really will get their imagination going. Do it, I'm sure they'll love it :)
>>
>>380955006
>>380955064
I looked it up, apparently it has something to do with grip? I also played the PS3 version, but only the PS3 version so I can't do a personal comparison
>>
>>380954557
This. Can't believe 10 years later and nobody still hasn't tried to create a similar boss-fighting experience.
>>
>>380955447
It's grip. Wander's grip strength was apparently related to FPS somehow, so when that got improved for the PS3 version, it somehow meant that Wander had a much tougher time holding on to Colossi.
>>
>>380955470
>We meme Ueda to join Bluepoint games and Sony Japan studio to create another Shadow of the Colossus experience
>>
>>380955470
they know they can't compete with Shadow, and even if they did get close it'd be panned as a clone
>>
File: 1496618806683.jpg (35KB, 583x439px) Image search: [Google]
1496618806683.jpg
35KB, 583x439px
>>380954018
THIS
Fuck all of you niggers who wants to ruin SoC
It's literally perfect as it is
>>
>>380955351
I tell my family and normie friends the plots of anime and video games without telling then it's an anime/game and they love them
>>
>>380955447
It's the PAL version which was harder. The grip is fine
>>
>>380954515
Japan studio is great, I'm sure they could supervise Bluepoint games. Remember, like at least 5 or so Colossi were pretty much finished already so no new art or AI or mechanics would be needed for those. Just a bit of remaking it like they're doing with others. They all had their locations set up already as well.
>>
File: The_Last_Guardian_cover_art.jpg (44KB, 392x431px) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_Guardian_cover_art.jpg
44KB, 392x431px
>>380953648
They did though you fucking retard
I heard nothing about this game after its release, did it suck ass?
>>
>>380955161
You actually think that by putting "muh" in front of random words you are making a point?
Well, you kinda are, just not the one you think you are.

Let's just go back to what you have said here. First of all:
"It's not an experience"
Let that sink for a minute. Apparently, you don't experience Shadow of Colossus when you are playing it. Your brain apparently wasn't registering it. Interesting, and kinda confirms my theory that you might have a serious clinical problem: but that is actually just you. You are seriously, probably physiologically broken if you think that SotC is not an experience. To a non-damaged person, it's impossible for it not to be an experience.

And also, apparently, you seem to think that sequels aren't continuations of the same story or narrative.
Which interesting because here are some basic public definitions of the word "Sequel":
>a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one.
>a literary work, movie, etc., that is complete in itself but continues the narrative of a preceding work.
>a literary, cinematic, or televised work continuing the course of a story begun in a preceding one
>a book, film, play etc that continues the story of an earlier one
Taken from Merriam-Webster, Oxford, Macmillian, Cambringe and other dictionaries.

Third: you seem to not be aware that it's the actual narrative and experience for which Shadow Of Colossus is universally most commonly praised, and this has been true since it's release. Just do your basic googling through reviews if you want some sources on that.

What I'm saying is that the blind regurgitation of buzzphrases that literally have no meaning around here has literally rendered you retarded. And you should probably start doing something about it, because this is inexcusable for an actual adult human being. You are an idiot - in the most purely clinical, medical way.
It's curable, but it will require a lot of effort on your side.
>>
>>380955470
>This. Can't believe 10 years later and nobody still hasn't tried to create a similar boss-fighting experience.
Mostly because it isn't as good and simple idea as it seems.
We are getting the Prey for the Gods thing that has recently renamed itself. I throughly expect it to not be very good, but we'll see.
>>
>>380955784
It's basically ICO, so if you didn't like that game you definitely dislike TLG. combine that with actual animal behavior and it turned people off immensely. It doesn't help it forces the player in a position weaker than Trico

I loved every moment of it
>>
File: DDDA_PC_screens_01-1200x675[1].png (1016KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DDDA_PC_screens_01-1200x675[1].png
1016KB, 1200x675px
>What is Dragon's Dogma ?

Also it does give good sense of exploring world that is ending.
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>380955783
in a 2~3 years development they could create a new game with 16~22 colossi

>>380955825
I'm not reading that wall of tumblr "let me educate you xD" text
You have mental problems, fuck off.
>>
>>380955784
It's pretty good. There are some AI issues and people bitch about controls (sotc and ico also have shit controls), but overall I really enjoyed it.

>>380955906
>>380955470
People don't understand why SotC was great. The mechanics and everything was built on climbing and killing colossi. In other games it's replaced by QTEs. Even Prey for the gods has QTE and grappling hook and fucking crafting.
>>
>>380956109
I don't need a new game, I would be happy if they just include the cut out ones that were done.
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>
File: 4.jpg (863KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
863KB, 3840x2160px
>>
>>380956109
>I'm not reading that wall of tumblr "let me educate you xD" text
>You have mental problems, fuck off.
Oh the fucking painful irony.

But at least you have the guts to admit that you lost the argument, so I guess that is some good sign. Well, best of luck to you, you sure as fuck will be needing it.

>>380956126
>The mechanics and everything was built on climbing and killing colossi.
Not really. SotC had plenty of their own QTE's and Prey is based around climbing and killing the giant monsters - that is really not the problem. The bigger problem is that what made SotC good was incredibly well tied and management narrative aspect with just incredible attention to detail and fine-tuning of the mechanics that together made the experience feel meaningful and involving at every point.
I can assure that extracting the mechanics only would make the game much more boring: extracting the mechanics only and THEN disturbing the fine tuning is going to me it probably more frustrating or boring than anything else.
>>
>>380956453
>muh experience
>muh unique storytelling xD
>argument
>>
>>380956453
>SotC had plenty of their own QTE's
What?
>>
File: !.png (30KB, 257x131px) Image search: [Google]
!.png
30KB, 257x131px
>Heart of the Colossus
>Takes place on a tropic island to contrast the desolate Forbidden Land
>Colossi are shit like massive crabs, bats, tigers and even an ape that look like they're all based on tribal depictions of them you'd see on a totem
>Killing the colossi has you extract the power from their heart for a mysterious tribal god of war who grants you increased strength (ritualistic sacrifice)
>Last colossi is the island itself
>>
I don't know saying this needs a sequel feels like saying a classic painting or something like King kong needs a sequel adaptation. The world building is one of the things that made this game so unique and a sequel would just come across as a lifeless imitator
>>
>>380956851
3/10 bait
>>
>>380956851
>The world building

You mean the world being fucking empty aside from the bosses itself which are the focal point and only reason the game even exists or were you referring to the pointless religious mooks who exist purely to remind us that our FF-reject MC is a dumb cunt who acts purely on impulse?

I love the game but come on now, the reason it is so universally loved is it chose to do very few, developed and meaningful battles as opposed to many, pointless enemies. The constant backtracking, lore tidbits and traveling are not the reasons people remember SotC. It's the design of the monsters, the combat itself, and the soundtrack. Everything else could be thrown out the window. Fuck, if you knew about the development you would realize everything else WAS thrown out the window.
>>
File: 1486436596580m.jpg (132KB, 920x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486436596580m.jpg
132KB, 920x1024px
>>380956668
I didn't know I needed this so bad
>>
File: 1469685280852.jpg (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1469685280852.jpg
41KB, 500x371px
>>380956668
>bat colossus

Actually sounds pretty fucking neat.
>>
>>380956126
>(sotc and ico also have shit controls)
fight me bish
>>
>Sony is asking us what game won E3
please vote Shadow of the Colossus
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/14/vote-now-playstation-blog-best-of-e3-awards/
>>
So are they going to make the 8 cut colossi into DLC or make a SotC 2 with them?
>>
>>380957457
it's not happening, Yoshida even said so
>>
>>380957071
yea i suppose you're right art direction doesn't matter in games. I think they should have made wander a black man trying to flee coppers and make the sotc world out of candy and the colossi look like the sony executives
>>
>>380956516
>
>argument
>>
>>380957530
If you're referring to that Famitsu interview, I don't recall him talking about DLC or sequels.
>>
>>380955351
That's really cute, anon.
>>
>>380957848
Yoshida is a bro. He confirmed lurks 4chan we could convince him to approve a sequel or DLC or whatever
>>
>>380955906
>On the kickstarter it said it'll have bosses as DLC
Thank god Shadow of the Colossus wasn't made today by any other studio.
>>
It's called Ico.
>>
>>380958479
More like Nico
>>
File: 1376529809315.png (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1376529809315.png
17KB, 500x300px
>>380956668
>>
SotC doesn't need any changes or new colossi and anyone who says it should have those things is setting themselves up to be disappointed. That is unfortunate too, because its an excellent title.

If you want a game like SotC, that isn't SotC, go make one.
>>
>>380962013
If you want a game like SotC that is like SotC go play the original
>>
>>380954670
>It's why a lot of people felt disapointed with TLG
I dont know a single person who loves Ueda games and felt disappointed by TLG, probably because it would contradictory considering TLG is very much the same as ICO. Also speak for yourself, TLG was everything I expected it to be, which was a better ICO.
>>
anyone else though the remake looks lame somehow?
>>
>>380956205
people worry it would take away from the original colossi, but they forget how shit somelike the fire stick small one was and the giant water turtle
>>
>>380962813
It's just the same shit but with more clean textures, same with crash remake.
It is very similar yet missing simple stuff like various post processing effects etc.
>>
No new content.
No buy.
I just re-beat it on PS3 not long ago
>>
>>380953648

Are they gonna make changes to the soundtrack?
>>
>>380953648
Instead of making a sequel (which would make no fuckins sense story-wise) how about a remake with all the scrapped collosi on PC with 2017 graphics 120 fps. GOTY guaranteed.
>>
>>380954018

Then what's ICO?
>>
>>380953648
Why is shadow of the colossus the most overrated game of all time?
It wasn't that good.
>>
>>380965087
I don't know, why is it overrated?
>>
>>380963750
not a sequel.
Shadow of the Colossus is a prequel to ICO, not the same thing.

Also, what people are proposing is a literal Shadow of the Colossus 2, where you just fight a the colossi... again.
>>
>>380967610
What about a game where u are the colossi??
>>
>>380967686
You do become a Colossus at the end though. Okay, it's not a very long sequence and you can barely control its movement, but still.
>>
>>380953648
>On one hand I would really love to see a worthy sequel
>On the other, if there is a game that definitely doesn't deserve to be changed into a milked cashgrabbing franchise it's definitely this one and even a single sequel could potentially ruin how artistic and unique it feels
I really can't make up my mind about this one.
>>
>>380967876
NO WAY.
>>
>>380956668
I can't decide whether this sounds like shit or good.
I would give it as long as they would keep the unreal, dreamy atmosphere that Forbidden Lands had.
>>
>>380962813
Me, kind of. I mean, it looks good, but for me the best thing about SotC atmosphere was how unreal everything felt. As if the whole Forbidden Lands were just a part of some weird dream or an illusion, separated form the "normal" world. The realistic grass and stuff kind of ruins this feeling for me.
>>
File: GIGA DRILL BREAKER.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
GIGA DRILL BREAKER.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>380956668
This might be the first game /v/ will create
>>
>>380954291
>>380954363
Math is hard
>>
>>380954291
Play other games made for people like you. Fallout 4 I will say it's perfect.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.