[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the DS zelda games good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: 1491732538759.png (323KB, 456x409px) Image search: [Google]
1491732538759.png
323KB, 456x409px
Are the DS zelda games good?
>>
>>380951559
no, at least in not my opinion
>>
>>380951559
Yeah, but core Zelda fans shit on them for not being as good as other titles in the series
>>
>>380951559
i liked spirit tracks a lot
havent played PH
>>
god no, they're worse than the fucking 3d games
>>
>>380951559
If you're left-handed they're terrible. Same with Skyward Sword.
>>
They're okay. Have good points and bad. Good dungeon design and some great conceptual ideas, shit controls and implementation of said ideas. Art style is really uninspired when you remove all the wind walker visuals.
>>
>>380951559
they're great don't listen to the haters
it'ss got one of the best overworld themes too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY
Spirit tracks is leagues better than PH but I enjoyed them both
>>
I didn't like the ones that forced me to tap or draw on the screen. I didn't like fucking with my screen for a large portion of functionality for any game.
>>
No.

Only A Link Between Worlds is worth it for 3DS.
>>
>>380951559
Spirit Tracks is comfy as hell. Phantom Hourglass is okay. It's marred by the repetitiveness of the Ocean Temple.

>>380951818
WRONG. Can openers and chiral computer mice didn't hold me back, so neither did any DS games.
>>
Reminder that Aonuma only made Spirit Tracks because his faggot son likes trains.
>>
>>380951559
They are very good.
>>
>>380952205
His faggot son apparently made a good call because Spirit Tracks was pretty good.
>>
>>380951559
Spirit Tracks is good.

Ignore Phantom Hourglass like the plague however.
>>
File: tmp_18270-Linebeck2014290848.png (183KB, 366x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18270-Linebeck2014290848.png
183KB, 366x600px
hourglass was pretty good
featured best guy too
>>
>>380951559

They are low tier Zeldas but they're generally better than /v/ lets on, they're like 6/10 games. Spirit Tracks is especially weird because it's dungeons are great but the overworld is abhorrently bad.
>>
File: Zelda Spirit Tracks.gif (3MB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda Spirit Tracks.gif
3MB, 244x156px
Best Zelda
>>
>>380951559
I played them when i was 12 or some sht so i dont recall much and i couldnt critique it back then like i would today obviously however I do remember having a lot of fun playing them phantom hourglass in particular
>>
They are the sole reason I don't think Skyward Sword is the worst Zelda
>>
Phantom Hourglass is the best Zelda game. The rest are pure trash to be honest.
>>
Only played Spirit Tracks. It's a well done good game with problems, making it worse than than most Zelda games.
>>
>>380951559
I heard PH is the worst of all Zeldas, ST is better but also not that great.
>>
>>380951754
the 3d games were pretty good so idk what you mean
>>
>>380951559
I liked that Zelda was with you the entire time and wasn't just some princess to be saved. Granted you did have to save her, but at least she helped out in saving herself.
>>
>>380951559
>Are the DS zelda games good?
Yes, but only if you play them with the patch that lets you play with regular controls instad of the stylus.
>>
>>380951559

PH is boring as shit. Spirit Tracks is actually pretty enjoyable. Try to play it with the d-pad patch.
>>
I unironically love Phantom Hourglass and the Ocean temple, being able to get through it faster with the more abilities you got made it a lot more enjoyable and kinda strategic. The boss battles were great and the dungeons were solid. Exploring with a boat was leagues better than using that STUPID TRAIN GIMMICK. The characters were more fun as well, all it was missing was ST Zelda.

Spirit Tracks was horrendously unenjoyable, from the plot to the characters and then the abysmal method of getting through the Overworld. I could not bring myself to complete the game with the tedium the main quest gave. I think I was last in like a lava area trying to cart water somewhere, but man I did not enjoy it. Shame too, because the controls did feel better than PH.

So yeah, I'd highly recommend giving PH a play through with an open mind and willing to redo areas that gives you new strategies to pass through.
>>
>>380956070
the train in ST was better than the boat in PH
>>
PH makes me so sad

It literally fixed everything that was wrong with ST

But it was too goddamn short
>>
>>380956181
I think you've got them backwards senpai.
>>
>>380951559
PH was good

Spirit tracks was trash
>>
They're good games but they're still the worst Zelda titles
>>
File: 1495396822781.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
1495396822781.png
291KB, 750x366px
>forced touchscreen controls
>>
>>380956137
So what you are saying is that being confined to a single path and having to dodging instant game over machines is better than free roam exploring and the great sea battles featured in PH.

I bet you hated Linebeck too, anon
>>
File: spirit train.jpg (199KB, 877x687px) Image search: [Google]
spirit train.jpg
199KB, 877x687px
>>380951559
Ignore the faggots itt
PH and ST are the best games on the ds.
>>
>>380956791

PH's sailing is awkward as fuck. Sea combat is an absolute joke, you can't manoeuvre effectively because the. At least ST was designed around the limitations of on-rails gameplay, in PH you're forced into it by inadequate controls yet get treated like you're free-roaming.

Linebeck was one of the only good things about PH. In fact, he had the only piece of good music in the entire game.
>>
>>380957074

*because the only way to turn is by opening the map and drawing a new route
>>
>>380956252
That I do. whoops
>>
They have the two best companion characters in the series and there's a few bright spots in each that shine really bright but overall they aren't worth playing.
>>
>>380957074
so great HAL stole it for Kirby
>>
>>380951559
I loved Phantom Hourglass, Linebeck is probably my second favorite Zelda character. Spirit Tracks had some good stuff going for it but the train made me quit halfway in.
>>
>>380957074
>PH sailing is Awkward
Holy cow anon, all you do is draw a line for a path and then just aim and shoot while the boat is moving. I can only see there is an issue if you don't draw a line far enough, need to switch between path drawing and aiming.

Anyway, everyone has their own preferences, but we can agree Linebeck's theme is pretty great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DWmwzlOjrM
>>
>>380956791
Being confined to the rails actually improved travel, because it allowed you to only devote a small amount of attention on navigating so that you could focus more on the cannon.

This is what they tried to do with PH's ship navigation controls, but forcing the player to take out the map every time you want to change course was tedious.
>>
>>380957514

anon already said what I wanted to say. >>380957537
The boat is effectively on rails anyway, because redrawing your route is awkward and ineffective.
>>
>>380951559
i only played phantom hourglass, it is trash
>>
I kind of liked the quests that required you to draw on the map to try to figure out where you needed to go next. Felt like treasure hunting which was appropriate for Phantom Hourglass' ocean theme. I like that it was done multiple times too with varying degrees of complexity.
>>
>>380956990
>What is Mario Kart DS
>What is Chinatown Wars
>What is Phoenix Wright
>>
>>380957806
All of them are not TWEWY though
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.