/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fable 1 was great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: Fablebox.jpg (49KB, 256x329px) Image search: [Google]
Fablebox.jpg
49KB, 256x329px
>>
Lost chapters was better
>>
I preferred 2
>>
At the time is was good. returning to is now it has aged poorly
>>
>>380950250
too cartoony
>>
>>380950250
I think 2 is the same game but better in every way. They still fucked some shit up though like online
>>
>>380950413
I liked the cartooniness of it if you don't think about how it isn't meant to be.
>>
3 was kind of cool too
>>
>>380950250
tru fax
>>
2 gave me a fetish for chubbies
>>
>>380950673
3 is trash. the weapon morphing system was gay and stupid and that "menu" system had to have been some sort of fucked up joke
>>
>>380950798
Yeah, I guess. But the consequences of your actions felt very clear and that housing market stuff with controlling taxes and shit was pretty different.
I remenber that part right at the start that you have to pick who survives, and I couldn't choose, and because of that the NPC just got bored and killed them both instead. That was a nice surprise and set the tone for the rest of the game.
>>
>>380951087
>not letting your waifu survive
>>
>>380950250
>Fable 3
>Fable for Kinect
>free to play Fable
>Fable card game

How longer must I suffer.
>>
>>380950412
I disagree, it still looks really good.
>>
>>380950250
>graduate from the guild
>get your guild seal, lantern and modest pack of supplies
>running around in your guild outfit or your simple shirt and pants
>doing your first few quests and exploring Greatwood
>every item pickup and spell choice can define your early character
>making up 'classes' like necromancer, berserker, or spellsword based on spell choices and early skill ups

I don't care how easy it is to break the game. I don't care how easy the game is in general. Building my character up to Twinblade is magical. Everything is so simple and maybe because of that, it's so easy to build a fun character prior to unlocking everything
>>
File: tranny.jpg (74KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
tranny.jpg
74KB, 500x416px
Fable 2 was better except for this
>>
>>380950250
It still is and >>380950339
>>
They took the aging too far. Like wtf were they thinking, it should've capped at 40 or less age wise
>>
Fable 2 on PC when
>>
File: 1494389314221.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1494389314221.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>380951753
Never
>>
>>380951697
But you just stop aging after a point, I think. Like, 65 years or something.
>>
>>380950250
Fable Anniversary is just Fable 1 + Lost Chapters, yeah?
>>
I liked the coin golf.
>>
>>380952254
No, the remaster completely FUCKED the graphics. It legitimately looks worse in almost every area. You also can't use your mouse but that may be a good thing.

If possible play TLC first.
>>
File: 1475690090261.jpg (36KB, 552x532px) Image search: [Google]
1475690090261.jpg
36KB, 552x532px
>>380950339
The only good part of The Lost Chapters was the Northern Wastes. The original version is superior in atmosphere and plot structure.
>>
>>380952369
So Anniversary is just 1? I want to know whether I need to get both 1 and LC, or just Anniversary.

And also what Lost Chapters even is. Is it DLC or a disc based expansion?
>>
>>380952520
TLC is its own game, a 2.0 version of Fable 1. The remaster is TLC but uglier.
>>
>>380950339
It's better in that it makes the game longer but the stuff after the Jack fight is by far the worst part of the game. In other words, better because it makes a short game a bit longer but its content is way worse than the base game.
>>
>>380952593
I've never been able to find TLC before, but I'm looking to play through Fable 1 again so I'll have to have a look around.
>>
>>380952520
TLC is all of Fable but with slight changes and added content. It doesn't require the base game.
>>
>>380952762
I was thinking it was like RDR's Undead Nightmare for some reason.
>>
>>380952674
It adds the hooded guild robes so that automatically makes it far better than the base game.
>>
>>380952916
You will only wear the suit that gives you the most armor points. You are a fag if you care how pretty your character is.
>>
>>380952718
It's a PC game.
>>
File: 1.png (96KB, 336x366px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
96KB, 336x366px
>>380953010
>min-maxing in a Fable game
>>
File: reee.jpg (15KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
15KB, 600x583px
>>380950250
>Fable 2
ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE GAMES OF ALL TIME AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A PORT OF IT FOR PC, AND THERE WILL NEVER BE A PC PORT FOR IT BECAUSE OF MICROSOFT BEING ASSHOLES AND THEY MAKE A FABLE CARD GAME THAT WILL SUCK ASS
>>
>>380953250
It's not minmaxing to wear the objectively best armor. Even if you're using physical shield constantly, you don't wear clothing for their looks in an rpg EVER.
>>
>>380953362
actually that's the definition of minmaxing. only complete autists care more about stats than looks.

you probably wonder why girls don't like your math skills and prefer abs. you fucking nerd.
>>
>>380953362
Then I'm glad Fable 2 came along and did the right thing by scrapping armour.
>>
>>380950798
>3 is trash. the weapon morphing system was gay and stupid
Only because they got rid of normal weapons. If you had only one morphing weapon and the rest were normal "Iron, steel, ect" then it'd be fine.
>>
>>380953362
>It's not minmaxing to wear the objectively best armor.
That's exactly minmaxing.

> you don't wear clothing for their looks in an rpg EVER.
WE NEO-GAYMER NOW, nice to see the RPG genre is dead thanks to you fags.
>>
>>380953450
>actually that's the definition of minmaxing
Nope. Minmaxing would be abusing systems to get maximum experience, skills, levels or such. Wearing an armor that's objectively better than the alternative is just normal and expected behaviour.

>only complete autists care more about stats than looks.
It's the other way around. Only an autist gives a shit about how his in-game character looks. For a normal person, the character is a vessel to do your actions, not a surrogate self in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>380953362
You're an idiot, not for prioritizing efficiency over aesthetics, but for assuming that everyone does in a fucking roleplaying game.
>>
>>380950250
It was okay, but far too short and too light on content to be truly great. It had a 4 hour campaign, tops, and the side content was not enough to carry it.
>>
>>380953679
>Only an autist gives a shit about how his in-game character looks
You shouldn't be playing RPGs then, especially Fable
>>
>>380953690
4 hours? The fuck? It took me days playing it straight to finish it.
>>
>>380954102
Unless you're constantly dying or stopping to watch the scenery, it's literally impossible to take days to complete the game.
>>
>>380953690
4 hours? Maybe if you speed run it and know what you are doing, but the average playthrough for fable is like 12-15 hours.
>>
>>380953362
>Even if you're using physical shield constantly, you don't wear clothing for their looks in an rpg EVER.
You disgusting piglord, that is the only way I play RPGs and objectively superior to fretting about muh stats.
>>
File: IMG_0224.jpg (75KB, 506x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0224.jpg
75KB, 506x337px
I remember one summer day I played through the game twice, one as a goodie Witchhunter and the other as an evil Battlemage. I loved the shit out of this game, I'm really bummed that the rest of the series failed instead of actually fulfilling all of those promises.
>>
File: Quit.jpg (22KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Quit.jpg
22KB, 512x448px
>>380953679
>For a normal person, the character is a vessel to do your actions, not a surrogate self in a fantasy setting.
>a surrogate self in a fantasy setting.
You're describing role play, did you never learn what RPG stands for? I want you to get a new hobby and stay away from mine.
>>
>>380950798
>ignore all of the cliffhangers and over-arching plot threads from the previous two games to focus on some generic evil goo
>good/evil choices are fucked beyond recognition
>the game literally considers going through hard times to save millions of lives at the cost of your own reputation to be more "evil" than pulling the wool over your subject's lives to make them like you even if they'll all be dead in a year
>same braindead easy combat from Fable 2
>but with drastically stripped down customization and combat options
>Theresa, one of the most important characters in the series, is just there to help you level up
>have to hold hands and do monotonous fetch quests to get rando NPCs to like you
>just to reiterate, the game literally says that short-term hardship that results in saving millions of lives is "evil" and that short-term bliss born of ignorance at the cost of everyone dying is "good"
Fable 3 can burn in hell
>>
>>380955069
Don't forget the abysmal "hold to confirm" system when opening doors and shit. That shit right there is a sign that these guys don't know what they're doing. Absolutely no reason to make the player hold the button for a second, and it's incoherrently made so that sometimes a button press is everything needed and sometimes it needs to be pressed for a duration.
>>
>>380951697
yeah I really hate ending up being a scarred old man with cataracts while my wives are all hot pieces of ass. although it's also my fault for always going with the long white hair/mustache/beard look in the end

>inb4 shield and age reversal glitch
>>
>>380955719
>Don't forget the abysmal "hold to confirm" system when opening doors and shit
I loathe when games do this. It only serves to slow shit down and it always fucks up. You hold the button and watch the little wheel fill up and then nothing happens when it does, so you have to let go, run in a circle or something, and repeat until it actually works.

Like how hard is it to just program one-button input>direct output, Christ.
>>
>>380953450
>>380953486
>>380953598
Jesus christ these are the sort of plebs that play RPGs, no wonder the genre died. Wear whatever fucking armor you want but calling wearing a set of armor fucking minmaxing? Idiotic.
>>
>>380953362
>not going into battle in your union jack underwear every time
lmao what a fucking scrub
>>
>>380955719
>>380956038
from what i remember i think that was so it would work with that Kinect bullshit
>>
>>380956101
But anon, did you not explicitly say "you don't wear clothing for their looks in an rpg EVER." in your prior post? It didn't sound like you supported wearing whatever you want then.
>>
File: IMG_0141.jpg (33KB, 299x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0141.jpg
33KB, 299x213px
That 1v4 game actually looked decent, miles ahead of a card game and more "Fable" than the disgusting Kinect one. Why does that fucker Molyneux always have to shit on things, make false promises, and throw gimmicks into the game?
Fable 2 was, aside from a stripped magic system, perfect. All the needed was to continue the Archon/Theresa millennium hopping story they had going. Three should've been in a sort of colonizing period, having a Fablized North America with plot points based around beating the Fablized French and Spanish to colonizing the new world. The fourth one should've been in a Fable WW1 or WW2, a fifth one modern day, and a sixth one in the future and possibly extremely distant future in a seventh one.
>>
>>380956415
No, I didn't. Don't compound some other anon's idiocy with more idiocy.
>>
>tfw you finish the game with a 21 year old character
No leveling up, no donations to the temple. The three years of age come from Bargate Prison, the time after your first battle with Jack, and the ship to the Northern Wastes.
>>
>>380957000
That prison part is great. I farted on the dude on the neighboring cell like 10 times before trying to find a way to escape.
>>
>>380957000
>>380957649
Been ages since playing Fable 1. Why do you get sent to prison again?
>>
>>380957967
You try to save your mother from the prison and you're captured by Jack.
>>
>>380954584
This.
Also if you don't care about aesthetics in a RPG you're doing it wrong and should probably kill yourself
>>
>>380957649
>lose the race
>slowly watching yourself get older as your life slips away in the prison
The game had a great atmosphere considering the technology available to them
>>
Fable was a great game. I never heard anything of it until i played it and i loved it.

If Molyneux wasn't a pathological liar, this game would to this day have a niche cult and be a hidden old gem for gamers to discover.
>>
>>380950250
Fable 1 aged horribly
>>
>>380950250

Fable 2 wasn't, I hated how they simplified everything. I bought a 360 because I loved the first game so much. My biggest disappointment.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.