[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: screen_fb.jpg (669KB, 1438x810px) Image search: [Google]
screen_fb.jpg
669KB, 1438x810px
I've been looking for a good side scroller and this one has been in the back of my mind
What does /v/ think?
>>
File: 1456675660066.gif (875KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1456675660066.gif
875KB, 250x231px
fuk ye it is boiii
>>
>>380947514
Get Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight if you haven't yet first. If you have then go right ahead, game's great.
>>
>>380947514
It's a roguelike.
Pretty good one if that's what you're into. Not that great if you're not.
>>
File: 1481516456934.png (25KB, 96x140px) Image search: [Google]
1481516456934.png
25KB, 96x140px
>lightning whip out of cursed chest deals double damage

EZ GAME
>>
File: header[1].jpg_t=1496022575.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg_t=1496022575.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
>>380947514
With Hollow Knight and pic related, I'm liking the indie games coming out in 2017 so far. Hollow Knight is still my GOTY so far.
>>
>>380947514
>Map differences between runs are very minor at best
>Damage from foes is all over the fucking place, being ether too little to care, or too much even with health investment and damage reduction relics and can OHKO you
>The game really expects you to have room clearing set ups not too long after the starting 2 areas, and if RNG shits the bed on you, that's chances are the end of a run for many attempts.
>A lot of unlocks just take an asinine amount of cells to gain and the grind becomes a chore after a while
It controls great and looks good, but I feel disjointed on it
>>
>>380951324
I agree with your first and second points, though you're exaggerating a bit on the one shots imo.
I never had any issues getting shit on by RNG. The game throws a lot of items at you as long as you don't blitz through without killing anything, so you can almost always find something that works. Shittier runs happen for sure, but that's just the nature of roguelikes.
I don't see what you're saying at all about the unlocks. The last 2 damage boosts on items take a lot of cells, but compared to finding better weapons or strength/skill upgrades the difference between 10% and 20% is barely anything, so it never really bothered me if it took forever.
>>
Anyone here uses the shields? they feel so useless
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.