[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 18

File: large.jpg (136KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
136KB, 1280x716px
Can someone who thinks this game is boring or bad post proof he actually owns or owned and played it long enough?

I want to buy it on Monday but I suddenly see a lot of negativity here. I wonder how much is just console war. Edge just gave it a 9/10.
>>
>>380944657
Fuck off. Why do you need random people to help you decide what to do?
>>
1488 death to the shill untermensch
>>
>play 1v1s with a friend
>he keeps trying to grab with Ninjara
>use the Salamander to arc around his arm and hit him in the face
>he keeps doing it so I keep punishing it
>he's salty as shit
>"This game is repetitive and boring."
The people 'bored' with it are generally people who are also bad at it. ARMs is fun.
>>
>>380944657
I don't care about the game, don't own a switch and have no opinion on arms, but apart from this post never EVER listen to /v/ or believe anything they say. Make up your own mind. If you still need help, read reviews (the actual words in the review, not just the number) and see if it sounds like a game you'd like.
>>
>>380944743
Because I'm a human, not a troll. Humans are social beings. When people tell me this game is fucking dog shit (which they do all the time) and can actually proof they played it, I'm probably not going to buy it since, while it looks interesting, I'm not particularly hyped for it.
>>
>>380944885
Does your friend own a copy himself or were you both playing yours?
>>
>>380944657
It's alright, but there isn't much singleplayer content.

You better have some buddies who are interested in constantly playing the game, whether it's local or online. Also, I hope you have a second pair of joycon or a pro controller to play with because single joycon controls suck.

You should probably wait for Splatoon 2 if that's not the case. Or buy NBA Playgrounds instead, it's pretty fun and cheaper than ARMS and also plays better with single joyconalso you'll get shaq fu 2 free when it's released
>>
>>380944925
10 watch gameplay
20 is the game fun to you?
30 if yes, buy the game
40 if no, don't
50 end
>>
>>380945151
I even played the demo already. I'm still wondering what people think who actually played rank matches for several hours now and if the meta is fun to them.

The point of this thread is to see if all the people in the Arms threads who call it shit can prove they actually play the game. At least one of them.
>>
>>380945251
god damn summer really is in full swing isn't it?
>>
>>380944987
He owned a copy, we were playing online, why?
>>
the game is fun, the opinions here are really bad don't listen to them
>>
>>380944925
its dogshit dont buy it also all vidya is disappointing so never play vidya, happy now
>>
File: 1422912524865.png (186KB, 1088x687px) Image search: [Google]
1422912524865.png
186KB, 1088x687px
>>380945304
>>
>>380944925
Christ you're pathetic. If you think the game looks good get it.

My god off yourself.
>>
kind of hard to say. $60 is a big price for this kind of game, but i think if you put the time into it to get at least decent and play online or with friends, it might be a safe bet.

the lack of story mode is what kills it IMO, because even if you didn't care for the online, thought the fighting mechanics were shallow, etc. lore and character campaigns could justify it, but obviously we don't have that.
>>
>>380945304
>>380945902
Apparently. Please stop shitposting in my thread.

>>380945331
Because of the (self) generation (affect) effect.

>>380945435
Post a screenshot you made or a picture of your Switch.
>>
I have the game but I've never played it. Just get tekken 7
>>
>>380945962
name one vidya you havent been disappointed by
>>
>>380944657
Was keeping my eye on this game for awhile.
Played it with a friend for a about 30+
games. There's almost no depth to it at all.
Its pokken tournament all over again. We got bored real fast. We then put in puyo puyo tetris and it was
way more fun.
>>
It's a good game but the controls are terrible.
>Pro controller
>If you want to move you can't punch
>waggle
>If you want to punch you can't move
>>
>>380945962
Shitposting?

Dude you can't even make a decision for yourself about a video game. Asking for people to post proof of their time spent with a game is the only shitposting in this thread.
>>
If you like playing fighting games, I'd go for it. I just hit rank 9 and I'm having a blast so far, playing as Springman with the default gloves.

Anyone who talks about cheap, uncounterable techniques are just not good at the game, I've run into every possible cheese I can think of and with a little thought and care have been able to blast through it with no problem.

That said, don't expect much in terms of single player content. This game is all about fighting others online, trying out different combinations of characters and arms.

I don't want to make a facebook or twitter account to post a screenshot just to prove this, so do what you will with this info.
>>
>It's literally wii sports boxing for $60

don't buy it you retard, stop encouraging Nintendo's garbage business practices
>>
>>380946273
This is one of the deepest fighting games I've ever played. Go get to a high rank and try to fight some of the players up there instead of just flailing at your friend.
>>
>>380946562
Bruh Ive sunk hundreds of hours Tekken, Smash, and Street fighter. This game is not deep.
>>
>>380946547
Do you shitpost in every arms thread to make the inaccurate comparison to Wii boxing?
Cause I feel like there can't be more than one person this utterly retarded on the planet.
>>
>>380946562
delusional post of the month
>>
>>380946871
He must not play many fighting games
>>
>>380946701
I have as well. This game literally has everything those games have -except- the hours of grinding combos into your muscle memory, and because of the unique gameplay is able to have many times more mechanics to keep track of on top of it.

If you mistakenly believe combos add depth to a game, I can see how you come to that conclusion, but otherwise I literally cannot understand how you could say those games have more depth than arms, outside of you not knowing how to play the game.
>>
>>380946562
>This is one of the deepest fighting games I've ever played.
so you've only played Arms and SFV?
>>
None of the shitposters play the game.
>>
>>380946946
It does not have everything. Far from it. Combos are just a small portion of a fighting game. The mind games and mix ups make the most of a game like this. There are very limited options in this game that allow me to trick up my opponent except bait with movement.
>>
Had fun with the test punch, though disliked the minigames like volleyball and hoops
>>
>>380944743
in order to hear about the game from other experiences you fucking retard
>>
>>380946798
>Inaccurate
Prove me wrong that it isn't glorified motion-controlled boxing with the only difference being adding characters
>>
File: 1484283323580.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484283323580.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>>380944657

.... what else is there to play on the switch? Really.

Just buy it and enjoy a decent first party title, because the wait for more content will be agonizing. Mario Odyssey a the end of the year, then a long delay before they even announce Smash Bros (because they don't want it to compete with Pokken and ARMS). Pokemon has just started development so it'll be 2 or 3 years before you see it, and I guess you could say the same about Metroid Prime..

It's going to be a long time before the Switch gets a solid library, but those days will come. Might as well enjoy what you got till then.
>>
>>380944657
I had fun playing it with my friend yesterday, as both of us were brand new to the game.
I tried playing through the level 5 Grand Prix and now have no desire to even touch this game again. Either this game is hard as fuck or I just don't get it.
>>
Do like jumping? Do like dodging? If you do then this is the game for you
>>
>>380947467
Wii boxing is about alternating hooks jabs uppercuts and straights and blocking them accordingly.
If you play Arms correctly, you are using a pro controller as using motion controls will get you wrecked. You are worried about spacing and dodging whereas in Wii boxing you cannot move.
The arenas you fight in matter in arms since you have to navigate them while fighting.
Arms is projectile based and you actually cannot get too close to your opponent.
Different characters have different abilities that affect the tide of battle and match ups.
Miis in Wii boxing all play identical.
The only similarity is that they both have the option for the punching motion to control your characters attacks, which by that logic makes call of duty and devil may cry identical since a button press triggers your attack in both games.
I could go on but basically you're retarded and I'm playing video games
>>
>>380947343
This game is entirely about mind-games and mix-ups, I have no clue what you're talking about.

What is it when you predict the opponent is going to throw out a single punch, so you throw out a 1-2, the first aimed towards their punch and the 2nd towards where you've predicted they're going to dodge to when you see them counter attacking?

Do you understand the advantage that height gives and how a jumping target influences both parties' aim with their attacks?

You have a massive amount of control over your movements and attacks, almost everything you do should be taking into account what your opponent is going to do in reaction to it, and what options your action leaves you to react to their reaction-- whether trying to play defensively with single pokes, or reacting to a defensive player by trying to catch their dodges by throwing out a 2nd punch as your first retracts, leaving you able to react to their next action while still pressuring them.

This isn't even taking into account how different character abilities and arms influence the mix ups and the mind games available. Seriously, have you played the game?
>>
>>380947692

I tried it out on Level 4 the first time and got my ass handed to me. Start on two and work your way up once you start to grasp the mechanics. I've managed to beat Grand Prix on Level 3 so far, so at least I'm improving.
>>
File: 1488944186996.jpg (66KB, 707x675px) Image search: [Google]
1488944186996.jpg
66KB, 707x675px
>>380947423
>he has to make a thread about this instead of using the other four (4)
>he consistently refuses to watch gameplay and determine for himself whether or not HE thinks the game is fun
go away
>>
>>380946409
>what the fuck, stop being a communicating social being

Stop shitposting.

>>380946547
Well, here is your chance. Proof you own the game or at least a Switch and I will absolutely trust you and listen to you.
>>
>>380944657
do you like objectively good gameplay?
if no: don't buy it
>>
It's fun initially but once you get good, you realize the key to winning is playing lame with it always ending in a timeout
>>
>>380944925

I browse the threads casually there are three types off people:

>People who complain about the current meta of defence shitters
>People actually working around the defence shitters
>People shitposting because its a Nintendo exclusive

Just look in the catalogue there is another thread with OP heavily samefagging how bad the game is
>>
File: 1455202023341.jpg (22KB, 322x345px) Image search: [Google]
1455202023341.jpg
22KB, 322x345px
So, NO ONE who shits on this game actually plays it and can prove he played it?

No one?

So it actually is a must-have and reviewers were just too shit as usual?
>>
>i suddenly see a lot of negativity here

First day on /v/?
>>
>>380947992
>>380948035
Didn't this producer rape a very good player during Treehouse by playing 100% offensively?
>>
>>380947805
Alright you know what man, just play the game for however long you want. Youll see what I mean eventually.
>>
The problem with arms is that it's a high learning curve that is not fun or rewarding. Remember when you finally nailed being able to shoryuken without thinking about it? Remember when you were able to consistently land a bnb hit confirm? Arms has none of that.
>>
>>380948039
>So, NO ONE who shits on this game actually plays it and can prove he played it?
Where do you think you are, senpai?
>>
>>380948039
>summer poster
>reddit spacing
>overly serious
I don't think this is the site for you pal
>>
>>380945151
my friend got it. we played it for a little while. we had 2 sets of switch controllers. seems like the game should cost 29.99. doesn't have a lot of depth.

the same devs who made 1-2 switch, amiibo festival, and other widely hated games made it. its not made by nintendo ead

also the dev who made arms is making mario odyssey... so yeah... that sucks
>>
>>380948039
people who are sucking the game's cock aren't proving they played it either.

if you want it just buy it, it's obvious you're only reading what you want to read.
>>
>>380948127
Dodging a punch and then immediately punishing that window or counters are satisfying, though.
>>
>>380948180
Maybe he just knows how to trigger newfags like you to get his thread bumped.
>>
>>380948210
You do realize that the team behind arms is the same as the team for Mario Kart 8 right? And they both literally use the same engine? Also what they made in the past is irrelevant because Mario Odyssey looks very good. Nice falseflag though
>>
>>380944902
What this guy said. Sadly, /v/ has been the den of contrarians since the very beginning to the point that you're just better off trusting other sources, even if they're something like Amazon customer reviews. Remember to always disregard the thoughts that those speakers are shills or something like that, and that you can always rent the game before you buy it if you still can't trust player/customer reviews.

t. Another anon that also lacks a Switch.
>>
>>380948220
I want people to talk me out of it, I'm already sold on it. I don't need people who praise the game to prove they played it. What I played was fun. I'm just wondering if it's fun after several hours. Many people said it isn't. Now I wonder if those people can prove they actually played it.

Very simple, no?
>>
>>380948429
>>380948304
>implaying any of my posts have bumped the thread
kek
>>
>>380948210
Why do you just go onto the internet to post lies.
>>
>>380948429
Nintendo does a good job of making a game exciting and awesome when you first play it but its very short term feeling.
>>
>>380948498
They obviously did. And the thread is on page 1 now. Thanks.
>>
>>380948605
>ignores every other post that bumped his thread
???
>>
>>380948556
Is this your experience with the game? Can you prove you own it?
>>
File: 1.jpg (507KB, 1932x2576px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
507KB, 1932x2576px
I took a shitty screenshot with my phone to prove my ownership here

>>380948125
We'll see. I've been playing as the most basic character with the plainest arms I can get, because I wanted to see if there was much to the game, or if it was just going to become a rock-paper-scissors wagglefest of who has the most OP arm combo, but so far I've been able to overcome everything just by playing well.
That's what I'm loving about it, you can absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt outplay other people if you're good at the game. There's an insanely high skill ceiling to it.
>>
I played the Testpunch and it was boring as shit after you learn that you play lame to win. Is that good enough?
>>
>>380948673
I play it at a nearby gaming cafe.
>>
>>380947646
>the wait will be agonizing
Not really.

Next month we get Splatoon 2, yhe month after that we get Mario and Rabbids, following that we get Pokken Dax, the month after that Odyssey and then the last 2 months for FE Musou and Xenoblade 2.

There's also going to be plenty of eshop games as well as smaller budget Western and Japanese indie releases along the way.
>>
>>380948872
No, you ar ejust parroting what other people who never prove they played the game say. If you have good reflexes, I'm sure you can throw the first punch, maybe even set up a trap with both your arms and then dodge his counter.
>>
It's a mediocre game. A normal person won't want play this more than a few rounds. It's hard to control, most of the modes are "why did they even put that in there" tier, the sound design is shit. There's little fun to it unless you're autistic enough to want to progress on the "learning curve."
>>
File: 20170618_015916.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_015916.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>380949054
>>
>>380944657
>Edge just gave it a 9/10.

Edge gives 9/10-10/10 to every single Nintendo game.
>>
>>380944657

twintelle vs twintele vs minmin

minmin vs twintelel

is this the whole fucking game.

Very rarely i would battle someone and its mostly fucking ninjara or ribbongirl
>>
>>380949660
Edge gave BB a 10/10. So either BB is reviewed too highly or the scores are accurate.
>>
>>380949568
>testpunch
Kek.
>>
>>380944885
This.it is the curse of the fighting genre. Bad players making excuses for their own lack of skill.

>constantly leave yourself open to grabs
>get grabbed on
>"You can just win by grab spamming! What a horribly unbalanced piece of trash!"

Stay offline until you beat hedlok, scrubs
>>
>>380949789
>Says he played the testpunch
>Surprised he only played the testpunch
>>
If you're the type of gamer who is autistic enough to enjoy something like W101, then you can probably eat up this shit too.
>>
>>380949753
Are you drunk?
>>
>>380949818
The problem is that beating the AI in fighting games means nothing.
>>
>>380949863
Those games are completely different and W101 has a high as fuck skill floor (while being PvE) while ARMS obviously doesn't.

What is the point of your post?
>>
>>380949863
W101 is a great game though, Arms is pretty shallow.
>>
>>380949818

That's on the genre. In a video game, the player should be having fun whether or not their skill is up to the challenge. The fighting genre is shit.
>>
>>380949965
>What is the point of your post?
Sucked at both and needed to vent.
>>
File: 1497531648935.jpg (21KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1497531648935.jpg
21KB, 310x310px
>>380949845
>played for a few minutes
>knows the game's meta
>>
>>380950014
Nah m8 ur shit
>>
>>380949902
Single player modes are always meant to train you by putting you against different AI's at various difficulties that help you to learn the different techniques needed to face different kinds of players. That's what is there for.
>>
>>380949863
(You)
>>
>>380950041
How many hoops you gonna go through to tell yourself the game you THINK is good, is actually a shallow piece of fucking garbage?
>>
>>380949976
All fighting games are shallow compared to the greatest games of other genres.
>>
>>380950041
I uninstalled the game after the first 3 testpunch to get some more space, but I decided to give it one more chance the next weekend. Turns out I still didn't like it much. There is really no way I can prove this to you andI understand that, but you can choose to either believe me or not.
>>
>>380949965

What the two have in common is that they both have interesting gameplay, somewhere, but it's buried under controls that feel like complete shit to grapple with.
> Learning curve
That's just an excuse for an otherwise-good game being unintuitive at its core.
>>
>>380950184
Name a lame way to play and I'll tell you how to counter it. I've been playing all day yesterday and today and haven't found anything I couldn't beat by knowing how to play the game.
>>
>>380944657
>letting 4chan of all places decide if you should get a game or not
you should just stop playing video games all together if you have to do this
>>
File: 1497066013856.jpg (128KB, 1199x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1497066013856.jpg
128KB, 1199x1199px
>>380944657
>Edge just gave it a 9/10.

Some other scores from Edge for comparison.
Dragon Age - 5/10
Mass Effect - 7/10
Jade Empire - 7/10
Baldur's Gate 2 - 8/10
Fallout 3 - 7/10
Oblivion - 8/10
Morrowind - 6/10
Fallout - 7/10
The Witcher - 5/10
The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings - 6/10
Arcanum - 5/10
Temple of Elemental Evil - 4/10
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines - 6/10
KotOR 2 - 7/10
Neverwinter Nights 2 - 8/10
Diablo - 7/10
Diablo 2 - 6/10

Persona 5 - 8
Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together – 8
>>
>>380950239
Look, if you don't like the game for what it is, that's fine.
>>
>>380947805
>ind-games and mix-ups
>Just describes aiming
Yeah that really is nothing

Tekken by comparison you have multiple punishment tools you have to take into account for everything they may try to do to you, on top of movement options that actually take some skill because you need to know when it is safe to side step and kbd is a skill in itself.

What you described as amazing and deep is pretty much the base level of Tekken
>>
>>380950374
Sounds like Edge knows what they're talking about
>>
File: 1494944492046.jpg (180KB, 1110x616px) Image search: [Google]
1494944492046.jpg
180KB, 1110x616px
>i-it's so shallow
>l-low skill ceiling
>Meanwhile based bathrobe man was completely untouchable while fighting the E3 tournament winner
>>
>>380949976
Can you prove you own or owned the game?

This is the point of the thread, people who dislike the game earning some credibility and proving they aren't just shitposters.
>>
>>380950464
Yeah, must be making a nice profit.
>>
>>380944657
Go watch Max's stream now, it looks boring.
>>
>>380950374
Only Witcher 1 deserves more due to its amazing atmosphere, soundtrack and fun character interactions.

The other scores are on point.
>>
>>380950096
No, arcade modes were made for scumming players out of quarters. ESPECIALLY when it came to bosses who needed to be hard as balls so players kept losing and inserting more coins.

AI does NOT behave like real players in ANY fighting game. You learn the basics from training mode and apply them against other players to see what does and doesnt work. This is true for every fighting game ever and will never change.
>>
>>380950184
OP already laid out one criteria, just simply post proof of ownership. Over 100 posts later and 0 takers.

Speaks volumes.
>>
File: 14533803638.webm (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
14533803638.webm
1MB, 900x506px
>>380950374
What are you implying? All those western shit games deserve even less.
>>
>>380950615
>Witcher 1 deserves more
Wow, your opinion is trash.
>>
>>380949863
When you get an ich to play w101 just by hearing about it it means the game is good.
>>
>>380950096
That is completely untrue

It is only a very modern thing to have any sort of mode that actually teaches you the game and AI battles is still not one of them
>>
>>380950565
No, I don't watch other people playing video games. That's always boring to me since I'm not retarded.
>>
>>380950679
Damn, you sure suck.
>>
>>380950518
The game is just boring. Every mode besides 1v1 and skill shot just feels empty to play or is just complete ass.
>>
>>380950689
Wow, I disagree.
>>
>>380950518
>Dodges left and doesn't punish
>Doesn't do anything against a guy constantly blocking
HOLY SHIT BASED HOW CAN HE BE SO GODLIKE
>>
>>380950795
>>380950689
I wonder what this guy's IQ is.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>380950393
What you're describing doesn't sound much more involved than what arms has, with arms having aiming added ontop of it.

You need to factor in the risks between throwing out one fist or both, how to stagger them, how to aim them-- You're saying what I've described is just aiming, and I'll admit, if you haven't played the game, some of the intricacies I've described might just sound like aiming.

Jumping for instance: By default, your punches will come out aimed towards the enemy's current position.
With this in mind, when an opponent jumps, their upward momentum will ensure that any attacks aimed towards them during the rising phase of the jump will miss; The punch will be aimed below them, and it's not possible to adjust the vertical aim of the punch high enough to catch them as they rise, and that's intentional: Jumping is meant to be a way to counter a strong ground based offensive push.

Just jumping over an opponent who attacks with both hands at the same time will leave them 100% open with you having both hands at the ready, giving you a free hit. But while the rising portion of the jump is able to create an opening, the falling portion leaves you entirely open.

There is a short period where you can't act upon landing, which alone leaves you vulnerable to an opponent with arms at the ready. You can attempt to mid-air dodge to avoid an attack aimed to take advantage of the landing lag, giving you an opening to counter attack yourself, but if the opponent instead jumps, you're put in a situation where your opponent is rising, and thus has the advantage (His attacks will be locked on to you from an overhead position, vs yours which will be aimed towards a rising target, ensuring he can easily hit you)

Look at all these people talking about how jumping and grabbing is overpowered, when they don't understand how vulnerable jumping leaves you if you're against an opponent who doesn't just throw out both arms for no reason.
>>
>>380950393
I ran out of text in the last post. The advantages and disadvantages given by height have little to do with just aiming, nor does the rest of what I spoke of.

Throwing out one punch is a pretty common thing, because it leaves you able to dash away from a counter attack-- It's a safe option, and in order to punish it, you have to predict it and the opponent's response by doing something like what I described: Punching their fist out of their air and following it closely with one of your own, predicting which way they'll dodge in.

Is this any different than sidestepping attacks in Tekken? Yes, it is, because you're having to actually aim the attack as well, putting more of the player's skill into the equation as well.

What happens when you get frozen and you can no longer move and are forced to deal with an opponent rushing you down and hoping to capitalize upon the status effect? It's a mix-up, you have to predict whether they'll try to just punch you, with one or two fists, or go for a grab, and they have to try to predict how you'll try to react to their attack.
>>
>>380950732
>That is completely untrue

No it isn't. There's no other purpose in having a single player mode in a primarily multiplayer experience than to provide a bit of story context (which is extremely basic compared to other story driven games) and to provide the player a means to test their skills against bots
>>
>>380951108
>You need to factor in the risks
yes whiff punishing that is what you described. Are you going for a write a lot but just repeat yourself? I am right

>Jumping for instance: By default, your punches will come out aimed towards the enemy's current position.
Nigger you say you aren't just talking about aiming and then you literally go for aiming

> who attacks with both hands at the same time will leave them 100% open
So I was right, this is just whiffpunishing in a game with limited options to do so. You are going to punch or grab, but oh you have to aim it. Still no where close to knowing the frames to use one of multiple punishment tools

>Throwing out one punch is a pretty common thing
Throwing out ab LP is safe! This is the level you are describing, throwing out a single safe button in a limited arsenal of moves

>because you're having to actually aim the attack as well, putting more of the player's skill into the equation as well.
lol if you actually believe this. In Tekken you actually need to understand the frames of and attack to side step in a useful situation while also being aware of unique homing moves but also moves that track on one side but not the other. You are learning all this per character. but i jumped and tilted right so tricky

> It's a mix-up,
THe most basic kind, that is learning someone's strings kind which is again the basics
>>
File: nigger feet.png (2MB, 1531x1008px) Image search: [Google]
nigger feet.png
2MB, 1531x1008px
OK, no one who shits on this game can prove he even owns or ever owned it. So I'm buying it on Monday. All the legit complaint I can read from people who really own it is that it's too defensive but I'm sure with good enough reactions you can deal with punching first (see that producer beating the nog).

/thread
>>
>>380950374
I had no idea Edge was a good review site.
>>
File: 1496164419661.jpg (181KB, 475x608px) Image search: [Google]
1496164419661.jpg
181KB, 475x608px
>>380951782
You know you could have always not been a retard and just played the Testpunch, but here's one (you) just for you anyway.
>>
>>380951987
I did. When people who actually play ranked matches for 10 hours tell me the game is shit, I'm not so sure anymore with my few minutes I've played, though.

Turns out they never played the game..
>>
>>380951782
I enjoy it, I think you should buy it.

It really is fun. It's not a serious fighting game, and it won't show up at evo, but it is fun.
>>
>>380952206
Wasn't it more or less confirmed for Evo already? Or at least hinted.
>>
Every match, doesn't matter which characters are facing or which arena it takes place, feel exactly the same. You think with all the customization features, the fact it's an arena fighter and levels are crucial to the flow of the game, and how all characters are vastly unique, each match would be a breath of fresh air, but nope. Each round is just the same sluggish and defense-heavy match.
>>
>>380952318
I don't know, maybe, but I don't think it has the depth or roster to be a perennial favorite.
>>
>>380952318
>Wasn't it more or less confirmed for Evo already?
No, it lost player's choice hard.
>>
>>380951782
It's kind of a party game but it has a nice competitive feel. Is it the next big export? Probably not, but it is still fun and gives a real sense of satisfaction once you learn how to play right.
>>
>>380951769
I see it's pointless to try and explain these systems, seeing as how you're not going to read them.

Yeah, I'm using the word aiming, you cherry picked that well. If you actually read what I said, you'd see me describing how jumping LITERALLY prevents you from aiming.
I talk about how if you jump over an opponent who performs an attack that leaves themself open, you can hit them. But uh oh-- looks like this game's just about whiffpunishing, just as I thought! Ignore everything else that was written about it, and ignore any other mechanics I didn't write anything about, like guarding, character specific abilities, arms specific abilities, rushes, and whatever.

Lets look at what you wrote about Tekken. Clearly, you believe depth is the result of forcing the player to memorize a lot of frame data and specific properties of long lists of moves for each character, rather than subtle interplays between a smaller pool of moves with a wider array of uses-- Personally, I don't think there's a lot of depth in playing rock paper scissors from a long list of moves, but to each their own.
>>
>>380952397
That's totally not true at all
>>
>>380949863
salty sonyygger detected
>>
>>380952431
that was before the direct, dnaman and the others reveal.

Back then Arms was basically m'eh, but the direct mad eit so much better
>>
>>380952531
>Yeah, I'm using the word aiming
Because it is the main part, you aren't using different buttons and strings you only have two. So when with Tekken I can talk about just the different launchers for different situations arms can't do that cause it has less options because it is simple.

> that leaves themself open
so, whiff punishing. You get annoyed I bring that up but it is literally that. It is the equivalent of side step without having to know many more options and frame data but having way less options to now punish with. This means arms has a less creative offense so in fact there are less mix ups and less variety.

>forcing the player to memorize a lot of frame data and specific properties of long lists of moves for each character
Wow, you really failed to make that sound shallow. You have to memorize how many different things work and interact how simple
>>
File: 1496552062673.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1496552062673.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>380952397
>You think with all the customization features
>>
>>380952318
Not this year.

Next year though, wew lad that's going to be an interesting Evo roster
>SFV
>MvC Infinite
>Melee
>Pokken DX
>Arms
>Smash 4
>Rev 2
>Injustice 2
>Tekken 7
>>
>>380951108
>>380951420
>>380952531
Would you say the basic difference between ARMS and more traditional fighters like Tekken is the removal of rote memorization of thing like BnBs and other combo strings and frame data and replacing it with quasi-shooter mechanics in the form of aiming?
>>
File: 1495894791367.png (422KB, 400x577px) Image search: [Google]
1495894791367.png
422KB, 400x577px
>>380944657
It is as fun as you are good. Generally I like fighting games like these where there's a lot prediction, anticipation, and forcing the flow in your favor.

Also is it me or is the AI bullshit? Level 4 GP steam rolled me, but I'm having a blast in ranked.
>>
>>380952531
>I talk about how if you jump over an opponent who performs an attack that leaves themself open
lets compare. They attack, you jump and attack. Either they recover and block, intercept or get hit. The jumper will attack, grab, block. Both can move a little requiring some aiming.

In Tekken from the start there is more. What did they attack with? Does it jail so you can't move on block? Just 1,2? Well they are safe and possibly plus, in fact many moves could be. Maybe they can wave dash and autocorrect a move. Maybe they have a move that tracts but maybe only one direction. Now as the side stepper what tools do you have? Do you have a quick enough punish and does it juggle? Could you now mix up with maybe a low if they recovered quickly and does can that be converted to damage?
>>
File: 1497705791247.jpg (69KB, 308x356px) Image search: [Google]
1497705791247.jpg
69KB, 308x356px
>>380950374
>fallout 3 better than dragon age
>fallout 3 as good as fallout
>fallout 3 better than VtM:B
New favorite review site found.
>>
>>380953041
I think if you played the game, you'd understand what I'm trying to say.

You're talking about how Tekken has a lot of depth because you have a lot of moves good for different situations-- You can't really make a comparison to arms in that way. The depth in arms comes from the specifics in how you use the few abilities you have. You have a massive amount of control over your actions in arms, way more than anything you have in any other fighting game I've played, and you won't understand it if you try to think about it from the rigid gameplay of most modern fighters.
Minor differences in timing, how you aim, how you move are what create the depth, not selecting the correct move for the situation from a static list of options each designed to counter a specific situation.

And I don't see how memorization is depth. You can call it artificial depth or some meme like that, sure, but I don't think it's the same kind of depth that arms has.
>>
>>380950374
Damn they're pretty based.
>>
>>380953826
>The depth in arms comes from the specifics in how you use the few abilities you have
And it is clear you haven't played tekken much, by having more abilities always available you have more ways to use the specific abilities you have. This means you have more options thus more variety

>You have a massive amount of control over your actions
And all it comes down to is trying to hit them, that isn't properties of the moves it is more chance to be able to connect. The only thing close to properties with gloves i limited to you per round and upgrade limiting you offence at all times.

>And I don't see how memorization is depth
Because the moves do different things you need to know and understand.
>>
>>380953694
To be fair, VtM:B is borderline unplayable, even on release. And Fallout is a completely different genre of game than fallout 3, so it's hard to really compare them regardless.
>>
>>380954238
This isn't worth continuing, now matter how I try to describe things, you're pretty dead set on looking at actions available in arms with the same rigidly defined properties actions in tekken have, and that's just not how the game is.

I'm gonna go work on getting rank 10 now, you can go keep memorizing combos and attacks.
>>
>>380950374
wtf I love Edge now
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.