[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You lied to me /v/ This game is actually pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

You lied to me /v/

This game is actually pretty good
>>
Get to the end yet?
>>
You should leave now before ol' /v/ ruins it for ya
>>
>>380939948
Did you find out that the killer was Shelby yet anon
>>
File: cagewriting.jpg (14KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
cagewriting.jpg
14KB, 350x197px
>>380939948
>tfw can't decide to give Shaun pizza or chicken for dinner
these choices man
>>
its actually much better than beyond two souls as well
>>
>>380940408
SHAUN
>>
>>380939948
The word "game" is a little much.
>>
>>380939948

and in the end you learn that the game could only work because it lies to you and makes no sense because nothing has consequences
>>
>>380939948
man i forgot about this game
still have it in my shelf with the origami bird inside.

That origami bird was a god tier detail from the developers
>>
>>380939948

SHAUN
x
SHAUN
SHAUN
SHAUN
x
SHAUN
>>
>>380939948
/v/'s wrong about pretty much everything though, op.
>>
>>380939948
''''''''''''''''game''''''''''''''''''
>>
File: 1494622847308.png (279KB, 924x554px) Image search: [Google]
1494622847308.png
279KB, 924x554px
Here's how to fix Heavy Rain: Remove inner thoughts, they add nothing, and in the clock-shop scene you play as Laura instead of Shelby.
Now it's a decent movie. But David Cage is a retarded hack.
>>
>>380940152
This. It's an ok "game" at first but it keeps getting more retarded as time goes on, all the way to the ending. The killer's reveal is so fucking stupid. Hilariously, /v/ correctly spoiled this game so much but it seemed so dumb that I never actually believed.

>>380940418
Oh god, don't tell me that. My brother has never played it before so we're doing a poor man's Mystery Science Theater on youtube. We're trying our best to laugh at it but the characters suck so much that we're quickly losing motivation.
>>
Heavy Rain > Fahrenheit > Beyond Two Souls > Detroit WE WUZ HUMANZ

If David Cage wanted to redeem himself the story of Detroit would reveal that the "woke" robot is only infecting the other robots with a virus that makes them believe whatever he says, instead of giving them true sapience. He's an idiotic frenchman though, so he won't do that. Instead we'll get "short-haired girl showering and gets in creepy rape scenarios and falls in love with main male character she has minimal interactions with".
>>
>>380939948
>trusting /v/
>any year
>>
>>380939948
People say the voice acting was terrible I was actually pretty fine with it. I think its because I am willing to put anything aside for good story.
>>
File: 1496778585882.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1496778585882.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>380942161
>Heavy Rain
>Good story
>>
>>380941120
>>380941120
I feel like the inner thoughts were a good way to get a bit of cheap exposition, but the problem is that there are way too many pointless choices and it takes a long time to listen through them all. I get what they were going for, but it didn't work out. It should be automatic and shorter. Also, 100% yes on the clock shop scene. A major part of the game is ruined from this one scene alone.
>>
>making one of the playable characters the killer
Yeah, it sounds good on paper, but it falls apart ingame.
>>
>>380942161
The only good actor in the whole game is Shelby. He has a good range of emotions and is great at projecting his voice. It's extremely obvious that every other actor is actually French and English isn't their first language, which is a fucking problem when playing in fucking English. Also, the story is shit. That is seriously not debatable.
>>
>game
>>
>>380942695
This could work if the killer was different each time. Using Heavy Rain as an example, there could be four different paths that are chosen at random from the beginning of the game that lead to different killers. The problem is that this would lose it's appeal after the second and third time since the possible killers are getting narrowed down. Anyway, there's a possibility here but the game we ended up getting obviously failed.
>>
So how come Ethan HAD to cut off his finger? Was there really some kind of mandatory condition imposed on the situation?
>>
>>380941593
Don't forget massive apartment rooms that no reasonable human being could afford. I don't think even true Cage fans actually take his shit seriously anymore. There's just no way.
>>
>>380939948
Sorry to break it to you, but you have shittasteitis.
>>
>>380943347
He had no way of knowing that the next clue was under the floorboard. Unless you're asking how the computer could know that he's actually cutting off his finger, but that could apply to any challenge.
>>
>>380943347
The entire point of the challenge was cut your finger off. I mean he could have not done it and you can skip it in game, but you don't get the info from that trial. You end up having to piece it together or guessing of you don't have all the info, but if you don't have enough info to put it together Madison finds out. Unless Madison dies, in which case Jaden finds out. Unless Jaden dies, in which case Blake finds out.

Basically none of it matters.
>>
>>380942861
I suppose the story could be considered as shit now for sure. But it was kind of my introduction to that type of narrative in games.
>>
Indigo Prophecy is better because at least it gets fucking hilarious when shit hits the fan
>>
>>380942861
But it is fun, interesting and special tho
>>
File: 1494449164402.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494449164402.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>380943356
Don't forget the "everything in the room attacks you" scene too. Except this time it will be smart devices and shit, so you have the smart blender trying to chop you up while the stove turns into a flamethrower.
>>
File: 1496029349340.png (278KB, 471x517px) Image search: [Google]
1496029349340.png
278KB, 471x517px
>Shelby had a shitty dad
>He wants to find a dad who truly loves his son and would do anything to save them
>Good dads end up dying doing the stupid challenges
>Deadbeat dads go "lol fuck that I hate my kid" and don't suffer
>Innocent kids die
>Instead of Shelby going all Jigsaw on deadbeat dads to make them appreciate their sons/their lives or die
>>
>>380944852
You're forgetting the part where Ethan is a good dad and goes through the trials and survives and finds his son and saves him and loves him very much but then Shelby decides to kill him anyways because Ethan knows too much and suddenly the trials are less important than being able to murder children scott (heh) free.
>>
>>380939948
Indigo Prophecy was better
>>
>>380945345
>Simon Says
>>
>>380944852
This really bothers me. None of this makes any sense. I actually thought the game was okay/good, but the story is absolutely retarded. Someone explain this shit if that is even possible.
>>
>>380944852
>Shelby was inspired by Ethan trying to save his other son from being hit by a car
>Shelby kills a bunch of other people's kids before deciding to test Ethan again for some reason
>If Ethan and Shelby are the only ones to survive then Shelby just lets Ethan go after revealing his plan
>If Madison or Jayden survive then Shelby decides to kill Ethan for some reason
>The clock store scene has Shelby framing himself for murder for literally no reason

David Cajeh is a hack
>>
>>380945851
Don't forget that Ethan and Shelby developed a PSYCHIC LINK that connects them, which is giving Ethan blackouts and weird dreams about Shelby's past and makes him make origami figures.
>>
The killer literally has thoughts about how he has to track down the killer

Fucking stupid/10
>>
>>380942161
>I am willing to put anything aside for good story.
Heavy Rain's story is really great.
Hey remember how Ethan having blackouts was a major part of the plot that causes Shaun to get kidnapped but then miraculously never happens again the rest of the game?
>>
>>380946614
No story is without it's plot holes sometimes. And I understand that you can look at games in that light of looking for the plotholes. But as far as a fun story game goes, I think it hits all the notes. And remember I was playing this during a time where I wasn't looking so deeply at how a story is told, just how it makes me feel in a way. Call it gay and stupid or whatever.
>>
>>380946930
How the story is told isn't the problem though, it's the content of the story, and if you're not paying attention to the content of the story in a game about story you're basically a faggot.
>>
>>380947053
>You're basically a faggot
Well there goes that argument.
>>
>>380947123
>Call it gay and stupid or whatever.
Just doing what I'm told.
>>
>>380947234
Then it's not your argument.
>>
>>380946930
>plotholes are literally okay and don't have any negative impact whatsoever
>implying people had to actively look for plotholes
(You)
>>
The plot is basically set in a flanderized USA that features whatever Frenchman believe is in the states. Which can be hilarious in it's own way.
>>
>>380939948
>this game is pretty good!
>except for its gameplay
>>
Heavy rain is 10/10 if you play it as a group and each person takes one character and you crowd source decision making.
>>
>>380948001

David cage's weird gritty euro jank has always been awesome. Fahrenheit, omicron, etc. He may have moved further from "games" gameplay, but he got better at making what I would call the actual modernization of pointNclick adventure games.
>>
>>380948323
I always wondered why I had a good impression of this game when it doesn't seem like I'd like it on paper. But this is how we played it. Four or five of your bros can make any shit fun.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.