[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Hearts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (22KB, 225x225px)
image.jpg
22KB, 225x225px
Never played the KH ganes, only owned the manga since 4th grade. I just due moaned pic related on ps4.
what am I in for? is it worth it my lads
>>
Bewilderment at how stupid the plot gets with each game
>>
>>380939217
In my opinion, yes. I think the story is fantastic. Be sure to play in order because #2's controls are better so if for some reason you played 2 first you might not want to play the 1st afterwards.
>>
A plot that gets less coherent each game, but the gameplay manages to keep holding up for the particular games included in the collection.
>>
Great representation of the Disney aesthetic, fantastic music, decent action combat for something that was on the PS2, and a genuinely charming story.

Be warned though, the series has plenty of issues. The first game has finicky camera shit and feels limited combat-wise. And towards the end of the first game, the story gets a little wonky. Not bad, but confusing. Past the first game, the story is a nightmare to fully grasp. It's there, but I think the creator even commented on basically making shit up as he went.

Regardless, if you like Disney and ARPG stuff, you'll enjoy it. Just don't go into it expecting a cohesive, thoughtful story. It's fucking Final Fantasy and Disney mashed together, the fact that you can make any sense of it and that's it's enjoyable is insane.
>>
>>380939383
I've been semi following it since I was a kid, it's an acid trip from the bits I've seen, but It's strangely interesting
>>380939590
>>380939512
I heard there's a beach part where the questions you and we determine difficulty distribution. this true? what should I choose for a challenging experience?
>>
>>380939849
>I heard there's a beach part where the questions you and we determine difficulty distribution. this true? what should I choose for a challenging experience?

Just look up a guide honestly. Basically, what responses will give you is a focus on Strength, Magic, and Defense, while sacrificing one of them. Also, it will ask you questions which determines whether leveling is easier early game, late game, or the same overall.

If you want challenge, just do Pride Mode. Other than picking that mode, the other responses will just place difficulty in different spots. For example, sacrificing Defense but picking Magic is tough early game, but can lead to good shit later down the line. Just look it up or pick what feels fun.
>>
>>380939849
There's a section that asks questions and gives a telling of "when your journey begins" This affects how much exp you'll need for level ups.
Break of Dawn = Easier early game level ups, grindier post game level ups
Midday = Balanced
Dead of Night = Slower early game level ups, but much smoother post game level ups.

Just pick whichever you feel you'll get better use out of.
>>
>>380939849
At the beginning you are given three items, A sword representing physical damage, A shield for defence, and a wand for magic. You choose one that you want to increase fastest, second choice determines what levels up slowest. Third stays neutral. These are the only choices in the game. It all depends on how you like to fight. As for difficulty, you choose from the beginning like every other game. Easy, normal, etc
>>
>>380939837
>and feels limited combat-wise.
Not when you have magic and most of your abilities.
>>
>>380940104
It's not even postgame, the split is at level 40
>>
>>380940731
I just feel it makes the biggest difference at post game because those are the level ups where the change in exp requirements gets really fucking drastic. Not helped by some rather crucial abilities being locked behind some really high level ups depending on which setup you picked.
>>
>>380940667
Nah, even then it can feel a little sluggish compared to other action games that were out during that time. It gets better, but still feels a little limited sometimes. Especially since combat almost expects you to get hit a lot of the time, seeing as how there are moves that prevent interruption of healing or allow you to survive a full combo.

Not to say it's bad, just that it's a little sluggish feeling.
>>
>>380941368
I don't think so. My recent playthrough has shown to me that it hasn't aged at all, and as I used magic more often and equipped different abilities I never felt limited in the way I was attacking. There is a variety of ways to approach certain enemies that are in the realm of the game. I can't see how that would be limiting.

Leaf Bracer is useful, not that it expects you to get hit. And there are times where you may die from an attack that takes away all your health, so second chance and once more really help. You can block and counter, you know.
>>
>>380939217
A fun Action RPG series with fantastic music and a story that progressively gets dumber (but is oddly interesting) with each game.
I'd say it's worth it.

KH2 is the peak of the series
>>
>>380942048
You gotta specify Final Mix with that statement. Vanilla KH2 was wasted potential: the gameplay, but FM's Critical Mode and all those added enemies and boss fights really helped it.
>>
>>380942172
OP's playing the HD remix so I figured it didn't matter. He's playing Final Mix regardless.
>>
>>380941735
Funny, I also recently played it due to the collection that came out on the PS4. Yet my opinion still differs. The game, especially compared to the sequels, is slower. Plain and simple. Rolling only goes so far, blocking only works for a portion of enemy attacks, enemies come in giant hordes with attacks that reach large areas, and abilities are clearly designed with the player getting hit in mind.

Doing Hades cup or whatever it's called really showed me how limited things were sometimes. Getting away from enemy attacks can be tough since Sora doesn't move quickly nor does his dodge go far. But it's totally manageable and improved by later moves that focus on maneuverability, such as the attack that dashes forward.

Like I said, not bad, just a bit sluggish. For the first game in the series during a time where 3D space movement/combat was difficult, they did a great job.
>>
>>380939217
gayest game series of all time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.