[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else realize they completely butchered the online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (24KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
24KB, 225x225px
Did anyone else realize they completely butchered the online mode? Not even talking about latency or netcode. I mean the points system of Mario Kart Wii. In Mario Kart Wii you could get 9999 points, I believe, and you started with like 5000. You always got around 200 points or so when winning with 5000 points and around 20 when winning with like 9500 points. When you lost with like 9000 points, you also lost a lot of points, maybe even around 200 or so.

Now with Mario Kart 8 you can get fucking 99999 points and it takes ages to get there. And you barely even lose ANY points when losing with like 20000 points. I just saw some French autist losing online and he barely lost any points.

They completely killed the system. It was motivating as fuck in the Wii version. Now it's fucking garbage. Only the most autistic retard will aim for the points cap and losing isn't punishing anymore.
>>
File: mk droprates.jpg (65KB, 1197x167px) Image search: [Google]
mk droprates.jpg
65KB, 1197x167px
There's basically no aim at all in this online mode except for the game itself, and the game itself simply isn't deep, satisfying and motivating enough.
>>
>>380934443
HOLD A COIN
IT GIVES YOU SHELLS AND BANANAS EVERY TIME
>>
>>380934443
The aim of online mode is to play online mode...
>>
It depends on the amount of points the rest of the room has.

If you're way the fuck up there in points and the rest of the room isn't, you're going to lose a lot of points for coming in 8th-12th.

If everyone else has around the same amount you do, it's the same as if you just started with 1k and everyone else has that much too.
>>
>>380934575
Are you stupid? Once you get a coin, you are already fucked. Getting one in the first place is the problem. Actually, the droprate of red shells is the problem and what shit items you get in the lower places.
>>
>>380935308
I know. That doesn't change the 9999 to 99999 thing, though.
>>
>>380935518
People hit 9999 too quickly (namely Japanese people). Adding an extra 9 gave them more reason to play.
>>
You... think mario kart 8 takes skill...?

What..?

I already drew the line on smash fuck off retard.
>>
>>380935947
This but melee is the exception
>>
>>380934443
They seriously need to lower the rate of red shells overall. Triple Reds simply should not be a thing either.

And fuck coins. If they want to give first place an item they can't use to block attacks, put Fake Item Box back in so they at least have that.
>>
>>380935423
grab a double item box then, alternatively play 200cc where item boxes aren't so far apart
>>
>>380936786
Then the game lags and you get coins in both item slots from a double item box.
>>
>>380936918
stop bitching about shit that never happens
>>
>>380936940
https://youtu.be/voagULgqTBY?t=93
>>
>>380937240
it has literally NEVER happened to me so your argument is invalid :^)
>>
>>380937731
k
>>
>>380937731
literally only ever happens if some shitter has a low latency connection

in that case why don't you get the fuck out of first
>>
>>380934443
Red shells kill Deluxe for me. Once you're in the pack you get hit by them every 10 seconds. The last 3 times Ive played Ribbon Road I couldnt even take the shortcuts, every time I went for them I'd get hit off the track. Them being so fucking aerial is also annoying as hell. I remember in Wii where you actually had to time them right and they werent just mini blue shells that fly and have a mind of their own that drive around obstacles and shit.
>>
>>380937240
Not clicking this shit but Im guessing its something about double coins?
I've only gotten double coin when theres a ton of lag. I dont think you're ever supposed to get two of the same item, at least with double boxes.
And even when theres a ton of lag you're fucked anyway, you're going to get hit before you can throw out your defensive items
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.