[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a reminder, everything Mario Odyssey is doing, the Banjo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: ss-banjo-tooie-xbla-t-rex.jpg (146KB, 518x286px) Image search: [Google]
ss-banjo-tooie-xbla-t-rex.jpg
146KB, 518x286px
Just a reminder, everything Mario Odyssey is doing, the Banjo series did earlier.
Controlling a T-Rex? Banjo-Tooie
Controlling enemies? Banjo-Tooie (bottle's revenge)
Making fun of Mexicans? Banjo-Kazooie

Does Nintendo have ANY original ideas?
>>
>>380933285
>Does Nintendo have ANY original ideas?

Does anybody have original ideas at all anymore?

Tell me an original idea go ahead.
>>
>>380933285
Yeah but I'm sure Mario will handle it a million times better.

The transformations in banjo were awful since they were nothing more than glorified switches and usually had worse abilities for combat and traversal because it was suppose to be a challenge to navigate as a shit character.

Meanwhile mario is going the opposite way and making the ability to play as anything in the game useful in more than one way, while some seem like a glorified switch still like the stone mario.
>>
>>380933285
Literally everything had been done by Greek times
>>
SIMPSONS DID IT!
>>
>>380933458
Nothing like journey was ever done before
>>
>>380934135
co op adventure????
>>
Too bad the level design is a slog for tooie and you spend a lot of it backtracking. Since odyssey has no traditional powerups you'll be able to get everything in the contained level
>>
>>380933285

>controlling enemies

and Abe's Odyssey did it before banjo.
>>
>>380933458

controlling neet ancient greeks with your magic octopus cock
>>
>>380933285
when did they make fun of mexicans?
>>
>>380934349
I thought odyssey was an open world game?
>>
>>380933458
Platformer where you have a giant penis
>>
>>380935050
Open level

Donk city is the hub I thought
>>
>>380934135
Fuckkkkkk I love journey
>>
>>380933458
game where you play as a cute fat chick
>>
>>380935339
There is no hub in Odyssey.
The Odyssey (the ship) takes you from level to level.
>>
>>380933285
Yeah but the transformations in tooie sucked. The challenge was basically

"Ok now control a worse version of Banjo!"
>>
>>380937182
isnt that basically all the transformations in odyssey as well if not greater since mario has more movement options?
>>
>>380933285
It's almost as if Nintendo innovates with hardware gimmicks to make up for their lack of gameplay innovation.
>>
remember when mario odyssey was a 12 fps bloated piece of shit
>>
>>380937401
No because you can quickly transform between forms at will unlike Tooie for seamless gameplay. The transformations in odyssey are basically power ups.
>>
>>380935142
http://superrobotnikland.blogspot.com/
>>
>>380937727
still seems like the majority of them just slow things down. They're still banjo transformations, but you just dont need to go through the tedium of going to mumbo for them.
>>
>>380934479
Thiiiis
>>
>>380937727
You can do the same thing with Bottles in the Bottle's Revenege bonus game.
>>
>>380933458
Game where you play as a newspaper writer and have to write the most vitriolic and hateful reviews humanly possible for things.
>>
>>380937076
Could have sworn there was different ships but okay. Doesnt matter as long as donk city is still worth exploring
>>
>>380934349
No powerups in Mario is garbage
>>
>>380939056

This has potential.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.