[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the series? How would you 'fix' Sonic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Sonic cycle.gif (951KB, 625x625px)
Sonic cycle.gif
951KB, 625x625px
Thoughts on the series? How would you 'fix' Sonic?
>>
>>380931237
Give up having a plot. Just run to the right.
>>
>>380931237
fucking stop the checkered pattern. Fuck! it kills my eyes, specially when you are going fast. Autists are the only ones playing this
>>
>>380931501
Boo... You're no fun. Sonic Team stopped doing long inter connecting story lines ages ago. I don't want Sonic to be generic Mario where he just has to save little furry creatures. Just don't make the plot overly serious, and try to keep some levity.
>>
>how would you fix sonic
Id retire him, stop making sonic games
>>
>>380931237
Take all the "lore" and extra characters and throw them in the thrash and focus on gameplay
>>
Just make this guy's idea a reality and you'd have the GOAT 3D Sonic game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVKFRxgwSWE
>>
>>380931237
Slow him down a bit so you can focus on good platforming and level design. I think he goes too fast in the old games.
>>
>>380931237
Fun games, most of them. For 3D, take Adventure, clean out the cobwebs but keep anything that contributes to free movement, add VERY shortlived boost, a more robust physics engine and actions letting you use and move off of the surroundings to keep going, then lean the level design even more towards taking advantage of such things while still keeping traps and robots thick so that you have to master said movement.
For 2D, Mania x Advance 2.
>>
>>380933107
You're in full control of his speed. It's you that's going too fast when you're not used to it.
>>
>>380931237
>not Sonic 3 Sonic
>>
File: 1497593572044.jpg (18KB, 383x336px)
1497593572044.jpg
18KB, 383x336px
>>380931237
enemy and trap placements that aren't intentionally fucking you over at every instant for artificial difficulty. Sonic 2 does this well until halfway through and then Metropolis zone is so godawful with it that it makes you question why the hell you're playing this shit.

Also 3D Sonic can work if you put more emphasis on momentum based platforming and have it more open for exploration just like in SA1. They ditched this idea for some reason even though Final Rush is one of the better SA2 levels for being so open ended.
>>
>>380934856
>if it beats me it's artificial difficulty
>>
>>380935213
there's a reason only autists play sonic. Autists love repetition and Sonic is the ultimate "only fun if you played through it 100 times and know everything" game
>>
>>380935590
Absolutely this
>>
>>380935590
Not really. You just need average reactions and some sense of pattern recognition. Levels always have similar tropes that warn you of what's coming well ahead of time, then it falls to you to stop blindly holding forward.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.