[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 12

File: juri.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
juri.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
Please redpill me on this game. It seems to be hated here, but the online is thriving. So what's the deal with it?
>>
Way too little content for its price and for the time it's been out.

That's pretty much it. The game itself is fine.
>>
>>380922007
Good lord that image.
>>
Fighting game fans feel obligated to play it because it's the popular thing and has the endorsement of the most "top players" because it's how they make money
>>
Other than ruining the character in OP's pic? Too little content, and the entire game is grindy as shit. Hope you're able to win online a lot, otherwise you'll have no credits to unlock all the characters and outfits. Also, Capcom catered purely to tourny fags, which is basically a cardinal sin in fighting games.
>>
File: 2Htnmhl.jpg (564KB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2Htnmhl.jpg
564KB, 3000x1500px
>>380922204
Yeah, Crapcom censorship is a bitch, unless you're on PC.

http://brutalace.deviantart.com/art/Juri-Cleavage-Ultimate-Edition-624374966
>>
>>380922451
her tits should be bigger then it would be perfect
>>
>>380922451
Can PC repair R. Mika's proper booty slap?
>>
>>380922649
Yes.
>>
>>380922649
Yeah there is a mod for that
>>
>>380922451
why aren't her feet censored?
>>
Was juri made for footfags?
>>
>>380922007
Does it still install a rootkit on your PC or have they fixed that?
>>
>>380924068
fixed
>>
>redpill
Kill yourself.
But seriously though
>Way too little content initially
>Ways to get free content are outrageously boring like literal hundreds of matches to have all characters and that's it.
>Special costumes and stages aren't even play to get, and priced at 5-8 bucks
>Roolkit initially
>For Wacom tablet using artists, it breaks from some obscure audio bug of all things, so you can't play while drawing as a break without fixing the bug yourself.
>Fundamentally broken and stupid re-imaginings like Chun Li and Juri.
>>
>>380923912
I'm not a foot fag but I would smash Juri. Or Vice versa.
>>
>>380922007
It's fucking boring to play and boring to watch the pros play
>>
Ughh I wanna FUCK Juri...
>>
>>380922451
>Implying the bodysuit isn't an improvement
>>
>Online is thriving
>Less than 2000 current players on a saturday

wew lad
>>
>>380922649
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl0ACoHAty0
>>
>>380925279
none of the retards who even complained about this played the game
>>
>>380925265
>queue for match
>less than 10 seconds
>>
>>380922007
The game itself is alright, the fact that every character and map is behind a paywall is hilarious
>>
>>380922007
Anons are just salty about it because they took out FADC and it has no arcade mode. The fighting is solid. It was featured on prime time ESPN for god's sake. No other fighting game has made it that big.
>>
Every character plays the same. The game is extremely simple, and no, not just because of combos being easier. A few characters get rotated out of the higher tiers; anyone who's top-tier is there specifically because Capcom gave them some unreadable garbage that makes their offense absurdly strong, with the sole exception of Guile who is DLC and even he can mixup pretty well.
>>
>>380922007
Juri desperately needs a penis in her.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tnUN3VN4GE

post more Juri
>>
>>380922007
autistic people from a subreddit called /r/kappa are obsessed with spamming hate for the game all over the internet, twitch, 4chan, etc.

game started off weak, but now that it goes on sale for $19 on steam and has had tons of updates, its actually a great value
>>
>>380926107

But I thought they were going to buy it anyway.
>>
Whether or not a game "has legs" is a bigger deal to a lot of devoted fighting game players than how much fun they have playing it. A lot of the players you see are shitting on it constantly but they won't play anything else because it's the only FG where you're guaranteed as many ranked matches as you want no matter what time of day it is. Capcom's pushing Street Fighter's brand strength in the esports scene really hard so the exposure is keeping it active even though it's a half assed mess with a cast of simplified gameplans across the board. Same reason Infinite is practically guaranteed to thrive for a good while even though it looks like shit.
>>
What are some fun fighting games to get into, from the past decade?

I got KoF XIII Steam Edition and Skullgirls for some reason. Never installed the former, the latter is fun, but I got nobody to play it with.
>>
>>380928461
>because it's the only FG where you're guaranteed as many ranked matches as you want no matter what time of day it is

But that's wrong, you fucking retard. GG, Tekken, KOF, and KI are all more active than SFV.
>>
Call of duty is still the most played game, i'm sure there's nothing wrong with it
>>
File: C2z6HGpWQAEWj5O.jpg (73KB, 583x659px) Image search: [Google]
C2z6HGpWQAEWj5O.jpg
73KB, 583x659px
There's no such thing as the FGC, its Capcom or bust now we got people pretending to fuck with Tekken 7 and GG but SFv still gets the highest twitch views and attendance.

The whole "Dark age" thing is because there were no Capcom fighting games during the 2000's-SFIV despite Tekken, KoF, GG, SC and more still making fighting games during that time. If you live in America this Capcom bias is very apparent, despite MVC: I looking like dog shit people will still eat it because of Capcom.
>>
>>380922007
>>380922451
best mod

the extreme hate is retarded

personally I played like 330 hours and had fun but started getting kinda bored so now I'm learning guilty gear xrd rev 2
>>
>>380928670
as much as i love KOF this is wrong, KOF fandom is dead online the only time i can play is on the arcades, in SFV the more you rank the more time it takes to find a game but it usually dont take me more than a minute to find a ranked game and half to find a casual match
>>
File: 1489160169552.jpg (47KB, 652x366px) Image search: [Google]
1489160169552.jpg
47KB, 652x366px
>>380928808
>despite MVC: I looking like dog shit people will still eat it because of Capcom

So true it hurts.
>>
>>380922007
Objectively, it is the best fighting game ever made.

Subjectively, I don't care about it because I have already played 3rd Strike, CVS2, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 for combined thousands of hours and Street Fighter V feels like more of the same, even if it is more polished. For this reason I stopped played the game. Been there, done that.

If you've never played fighting games at all now is the best time ever to get into them.
>>
>>380922649
Mods give back Cammy and Chun's low angles too, plus Cammy's nipples that were censored cause of ESPN.
>>
game is good but onlyif you pay half for it or less, i got him on a steam sale at 70% discount so it was worth it, compared to fighting games like KOF is easy and fun, compare to MvC3 its hard since Marvel is now for casual shits
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 1024x565px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 1024x565px
>OP starts thread with pic of Juri
>thread isn't filled with more pics
Shame shame
>>
>>380928975
Addendum to this post:

Note I did not say SFV is perfect. It's not. It's the best attempt. Games of the past you loved liked 3S, CVS2, A3, or IV were deeply flawed in ways SFV is not. SFV does have flaws. Lack of a proper range game is one of them. Most of the time you must "go in" and I find that tiresome.
>>
just remember people, never buy a capcom game unless it is on sale or wait a year for it to be completed
>>
>>380922007
0 content + netcode is bad + v trigger is garbo
>>
>>380929201
>Most of the time you must "go in" and I find that tiresome.
found the guile player
>>
>>380922274
>Popular
Tekken 7 is the popular kid now
>>
>>380929354
Ryu, actually. Although I do enjoy a Guile run every now and then... and ST style Chun..
>>
Go play it faggot, thats the best way to get redpilled
>>
>>380927885
Juri is a miracle of the universe but i don't know why they ruin her with piercings or tattoos.
>>
>>380928601
FUCKING

GUILTY

GEAR

XRD

REVELATOR

GG has a shit ton of single player content, as well as plenty of multiplayer options in the form of fuck huge lobbies for everyone to chat in, personal player lobbies for quick and instant matches and ranked matches for those looking to grind.
>>
>>380922007

has a lot of intersting character-specific mechanics, but it unfortunately boils down to a midrange game where everyone has shitty footsies ->hit confirm-> bnb combo -> 50/50 throw/counterhit set-up.

rinse repeat ad nauseum
>>
>>380928975
>3rd Strike, CVS2, and Street Fighter Alpha 3

Could someone explain to me why these are the goto games to name drop for instant OG cred?

I can guarantee you NO ONE played these games stateside back in the day...
>>
>>380929470
I struggled to get gold in the first month of S1 Laura then got a second account and went straight to plat with S1 ryu. It sickens me when people bitch about ryu even if he was severely nerfed in s2. Not mad at you senpai just wanted to vent.
>>
>>380922007
It's fun but it had a bad launch so people think it sucks but really it's fun

pros hate it because a few badly guessed 50/50s mean you lose
>>
>>380929707
GG is fun, but I don't want to buy a new $60 version of the game every month.
>>
>>380929803
man i saw more people mad about ryu being too weak than balrog being too unbalanced, and more because their god daigo was shit with ryu
>>
File: 1470759858938.webm (3MB, 700x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1470759858938.webm
3MB, 700x1007px
post webms
>>
File: 1406368954512.png (16KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
1406368954512.png
16KB, 744x615px
>>380922007
>hated here
because it was a shitty full-price early access scam but not labelled as such
>but the online is thriving
Because Street Fighter is a big name title shilled by Sony , and becaquse it has crossplay.
>>
>>380928808
listen to this guy because he gets it.

FGC is just a different way to spell Capcom community because that's all it is.

In Japan Street Fighter V is called Duty V because no one wants to play it but they have to and even the American players more of less think the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A
>>
>>380922007
>online is thriving

Online numbers are roughly equal to their lowest numbers since the game came out.
>>
>>380922649
Pretty sure that was one of the first mods made for the game
>>
>>380929427
Yeah, a less-than-a-month old game. It won't last
>>
>>380922007
It's a decent game. Probably gets too much hate but it does have problems. Biggest gripes are:

Lots of input lag. Tekken 7 has even more so this criticism seems to have subsided...

Too many 50/50s. They are not bad enough to lose you an entire round typically but some characters are built around it.

Little defensive options. 90% of the characters are rush-down. Only Guile can really zone effectively.

Rounds go by quickly because they nerfed grey health recovery.

People complaining about lack of content seem to forget Tekken 7 barely has any content of its own...
>>
>>380929802
Why would even make such a blatant baitpost?
>>
>>380930536
i always though that hating SFV was cool because it was made by capcom but i really hate capcom so its ok
>>
>>380930536
>People complaining about lack of content seem to forget Tekken 7 barely has any content of its own...
Tekken 7 launched with nearly 40 characters.
>>
>>380930998
...it's Tekken. Those characters hardly change from each iteration.
>>
>>380931189
What's your point? You can say the same thing for SF except they prune more than half the cast for no good reason
>>
>>380924486
>>For Wacom tablet using artists, it breaks from some obscure audio bug of all things, so you can't play while drawing as a break without fixing the bug yourself.
Wait what. I've yet to suffer from this issue with my Wacom when I'm drawfagging with the game in the background.
>>
>>380930998

And 30 of them have the same functional move. Let's not pretend Tekken is some kind of savior to FGC.

It's the exact cosmetic grind, short-ass-story mode and shitty input lagfest as any cheap cashgrabs
>>
>>380926107
no one coplained.
they complained after capcom took that off
>>
>>380931829
Are you serious? You can't say the say thing about SFV at all. Literally all Tekken devs had to do was improve the models, add different particle effects, and tweak a couple move balancing. Even a lot of the voice acting's the same. I played Lars in TTT2 and I never even missed a beat playing him in T7.

SFV characters are completely redone from any previous iteration.
>>
Where can I find SFV mods? I google but they seem scattered everywhere, no real hub.
>>
>>380930308
>>380928808
smash has way more limelight albeit sfv is more "legitimate" due to capcom pouring money into making sfv into an esport

people are genuinely interested in watching smash wheras it seems like everything involving SFV is about following the community and watching the players while not really caring much about the game directly with the players just wanting fame and money while not enjoying the game
>>
>>380931829
>You can say the same thing for SF
Except not. Despite having similar movesets since about SFII, the recurring characters get changed rather significantly and every one of them require a unique approach, especially as the core of each SF game's style and feel differs.

Most of Tekken's recurring characters haven't changed AT ALL since as far back as maybe Tekken 3. And despite each of them having as many as 100+ moves, the moves are all just part of combos, none of the characters have significantly unique strategies given the games' overall design has nothing to it except "use one of three moves to start your 12 hit juggle combo, often involving using a single attack five times in a row while juggling them".
>>
Only started playing V since being a huge long time fan of 4

Feels really different. First, how the fuck is the matchmaking and servers worse than an 8 year old game? Why did they ditch the whole search for multiple people and select the connection you want thing? WHY?

Why can't I pick my character from a character select screen?

In terms of the game what the actual fuck is a crush counter and why do they keep fucking me up?

Any general tips for V? Im a slightly below average to average player.
>>
>>380929942
the last one was a $20 DLC update

the bundle is $45
>>
>>380932657
>>380932698
>DP
>Tatsu
>Fireball
Man Ryu and all other shotos sure have changed after all this time.
>>
>>380933765
>I don't play fighting games
>>
>>380933765
So how has Tekken changed?
>>
>>380928461
>Same reason Infinite is practically guaranteed to thrive for a good while even though it looks like shit.

We played 3 for 6 years, we just want something new
>>
>>380934314
It hasn't that's why I still get to play my favorite characters with every rendition of the game for the most part. SF just has pseudo changes to their characters and acts like that's a good reason to not include characters from the past.
>>
>>380922007
>redpill
kys
>>
>>380933765

You dont know anything abotu fighting games, do you? Go back to kappa
>>
>>380934226
>>380934895
>YU DNT NOW NUFFIN
nice counter argument
>>
>>380935069
thanks. Fighting games are fun though, you should give them a try.
>>
>>380935291
>Proving me right
Maybe you should play more fighting games anon
>>
File: 1386477349181.gif (92KB, 420x390px) Image search: [Google]
1386477349181.gif
92KB, 420x390px
>>380935069
Its that your base argument is so flawed that its most likely a waste of time because of how many other things that would require explaining just to get a good baseline. And its because its assumed that if you knew about the core concepts that you would understand why 'yes, ryu does play differently in each iteration while Tekken characters stay majorly the same'.

If you'd like to stay a while and listen, i'd be glad to go over them.
>>
>>380922007
>It seems to be hated here
It was a financial failure because it released without single player content. They rushed it for a tournament, which is completely fucking retarded.

It's contentious as a fighting game for a variety of reasons. Street Fighter IV was continuously increasing in popularity, while SFV's scene is bleeding. This is mostly because SFIV is much more fun to watch, which is super important in the Twitch age.

Gameplay complaints include weak defensive options, poor balance which seems intended to shuffle the tier list around for spectators, and input delay. The game had 8 frames of delay at release, although now there are only 6.5 (1.5 more than SFIV's 5). People who are serious about fighting games play it because other people play it, although it's moderately unpopular in terms of general opinion.
>>
>>380924486

>Hating on redpill

Faggot.
>>
>>380934732
>psuedo changes

So what would be a significant change to be considered an actual change to you? because they already re-do:

>character models
>animations
>cinematics
>voices
>frame data/balancing
>retweaked movesets
>added mechanics

The only thing they keep intact are the core moves and (sometimes) the default outfits. Do they need to give Ryu grappling moves or something before it's enough?
>>
>>380928808
>despite MVC: I looking like dog shit people will still eat it because of Capcom.

We'll see. DBF:Z is using an AMAZINGLY popular license in America so that might get people to jump off Marvel. But you're right, there are so many Capcom dickriders for the genre that MvC:I might as well print money if people don't leave in droves as they damn well should.
>>
SF5 balance is retarded.
>>
>>380930308
>but they have to

Or they could try not being parasites and getting a real job.
>>
>not posting juri lewds

This thread sucks.
>>
File: wild rimjob.jpg (84KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
wild rimjob.jpg
84KB, 900x506px
>>
>>380937265
The only truth spoken in the entire thread
>>
>>380937367
>BRAAAAAAAAAP
>>
>>380930536
>Too many 50/50s

That was the core mechanic of MKX and it did fine. I think people are just mad they got bamboozled out of $60 last year for an unfinished game. For $15 it's a good enough deal.
>>
>Loves Juri's new design and gameplay
>the game's shit

I just want to play my wife. :(
>>
Who are worse jews, Capcom or Konami?
>>
Tekken 7 took two years to launch with 40 characters. Don't pull that Tekken excuse bullshit.
>>
>>380938173
Konami is far worse than Capcom.
>>
File: 1495674091671.png (60KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1495674091671.png
60KB, 412x351px
>want to learn all the waifu characters
>dont have the time

I'm not going to be ready when Ibuki and Mika school girl uniforms come out, fuck
>>
>>380938240
It's been a year and half for SFV and it only has 25. Even fucking MKX launched with more than that and it only got a 2 year development cycle too. Also Injustice 2, which has 30 with more on the way. Capcom has no excuse.
>>
>>380930308
This video is stupid.

Street Fighter V wasn't an attempt to "casualize" the series, it was actually intended to return to Super Turbo fundamentals. It was a reaction to the hyper technical style of Street Fighter IV, where fantastic players could be vortexed to death by relative nobodies. Everybody was complaining about 1 frame links, execution requirements, option selects, and other tech, when they wanted a return to honest Street Fighter and fair mindgames.
>>
>>380928975
>Objectively, it is the best fighting game ever made.

We both know that's a lie because Super Turbo exists.
>>
>>380937367
hot asf
>>
Her new design is so much like widowmakers.
>>
>>380930042
Why doesn't cammy wear pants?
>>
Simplified gameplay that people wanting a deeper experience are not satisfied with, but casuals are satisfied with the amount of depth they THINK the game has. That's the key, it appeases scrubs who don't think they're scrubs.
>>
>>380938425
>Street Fighter V wasn't an attempt to "casualize" the series

There are many articles and presentations where capcom explicitly states that they want to simplify SFV and reduce the skill gap between good players and bad players. They don't use the word "casualize" of course since its not a real term in business, but the intent is clear.

An on the topic of 1 frame links, its ok to see them as a problem, but in a game with combo variety to the degree SF4 had, you had many other options to play the game without touching 1frame links. A game that requires 1 frame links for most combos (like an old fighting game, maybe darkstalkers) would be an example of it going too far. Even then it wasn't done intentionally so whatever.
>>
>>380939394
>you had many other options to play the game without touching 1frame links
If you're talking about 2 and 3-frame links, the whole point is that people wanted a frame buffer so they could do combos without worrying about the timing like... literally every single other fighter that has come out after Third Strike, including some Capcom games.
>>
>>380925082
Second
>>
>>380938425
FUCKING THIS SO MUCH

I am really sick of gamers in general as they seem to complain about everything. When SFIV was the big kid on the block everybody complained about 1 frame links and FADC's and all that other nonsense. "This isn't street fighter they said, SF is about footsies, mindgames, and outsmarting your opponent."

Then Capcom makes a game that returns to Super Turbo fundamentals as you say and now its "this game is so simple and casual, SFIV was so much more technical with a much higher skill ceiling"

The Zelda cycle isn't just for Zelda folks, its for every game. People hated SFIV until SFV came out and now SFIV is the best game ever, just, lol.
>>
>>380938913
Why aren't you wearing them?
>>
>>380939946
Most people that rep Super Turbo haven't even played it. Super Turbo had no fundamentals, look at how its played now. It's all gimmicks and counterpicks.
>>
Feels good to see people actually defending SFV ITT.
>>
I like SFV. I put 300 hours into it. It got me playing Guilty Gear Xrd with confidence. I'm now getting better at Xrd.

Could be why the game exists, I guess. To give you confidence in a genre that's literally built on as much experience as you can have to git gud.
>>
/v/ bronze babbs are shit at fighting games so they need to parrot outdated and wrong shit from r/kappa who are also shit at fighting games.
>>
>>380940128
Oh yeah Infiltration getting known as a guy who won by counterpicking everybody in the roster absolutely wasnt a thing in SF4.

Characters like Elena, Evil Ryu, Rolento, Yun, Seth and most other top tier picks were also the fucking definition of honest play and totally not built around gimmicks.

Eat shit SF4nigg. Glad your shit is dead.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.