[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one here who really liked this game during the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: League_of_Legends_logo.png (159KB, 502x198px) Image search: [Google]
League_of_Legends_logo.png
159KB, 502x198px
Am I the only one here who really liked this game during the season 1 and 2?
It was a really good, chill game, only dota autist were raging about it.
>>
>>380916750
>made by jews
>owned by jews
>run by jews
>sold to yellow jews
fuck off with your kike game.
>>
the game became more and more difficult over the years for me.

its a combination of me getting old, and the power creep of new champions.
>>
>>380916861
back to pol
>>
Season 3 was the peak, anything after was a mistake
>>
most fun was playing before any the meta took place. taric and sion bot lone with a friend. locket alistar. stacking heart of gold on malphite. good times. now days, you can't have troll picks without getting flamed by your team. man, esports is cancerous.
>>
>>380916863
I was always pretty terrible mechanically, but could call shots and did decently enough to win lanes. Not an assassin player material, but it worked. Finished on season 3 with Diamond 2, will not come back again.

If I were to do so, though, I would spam only Janna games. Favourite char, really hard to dive, too, and a carry's best friend; hope she wasn't "reworked" the way they gutted Sona.
>>
>>380917829
My urgot mid was the terror of other unskilled players who had no idea how to play this fucking game
>>
>>380917909
Janna is how i climb ranked too
dont play ranked anymore though
>>
>>380917909
>Sona
>Gutted
My man, late game your w shielding is so fucking busted
>>
>>380917829
This pretty much, had good times stacking old warmogs and sunfire cape Amumu top lane.
>>
>>380916750
>It was a really good, chill game, only dota autist were raging about it.
In other words LoLbabies keep screaming about dota (just like this thread) to validate the fact compared to it, LoL has the depth of a Facebook post
>>
>>380918832
ah, i remember when he first came out. everyone said he was bad, so that encouraged me to main him. his q homing into fog of war was so broken.

>>380919391
that reminds me of eves that stacked sunfire capes.
>>
>>380919475
>the game is shit if my character does not have a turning speed of a fully loaded truck
>>
File: metzen.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
metzen.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>380916750
season 2 was prime league. riot ruined so many of the builds i liked to do, i just cant play anymore. if a support is good top lane then they SHUT IT DOWN, it makes no fucking sense why they want to control the meta so much.
>>
>>380919214
Nah, fuck that.
The Sona rework ruined her for me.

I always thought that the community misappraised Sona quite a lot, because in higher level supporting games her playstyle, as simple as it was, still had parts that differentiated mediocre Sonas from good Sonas - you are very easy to dive, good ults are crucial, and properly rotating your QWEs to get proper Power Chords was nice. Sona was a lane-crushing character with a fuckton of autonomy that could hold out lanes 1v2 if the carry was lackluster. Mediocre Sonas were countered by Blitzcrank because one grab would force them to eat lead. Good Sonas were countering Blitzcrank because of the sustain and poke that Blitzcrank was never equipped to deal with. Sona was a light in the tunnel when Thresh was in his most powerful, post-release state, because while their poke was comparable, Sona still had sustain.

Then they fucked it up. The strict range on auras made it so that you HAD to be in accord with your carry at all times, and lost a lot of your lane autonomy that makes the support role much less of a shitshow in solo queue. A fuckton of her damage was shifted in such ways that good power chords mattered less, and your damage was lower without the ADC's assistance, and trying to coordinate harass with your ADC at all times is a crapshoot. All in favor of some dubious late game favors like shields. Sona was also made much more predictable because she couldn't stand at the sidelines or with the AD carry - if your playstyle forces you to hug everyone with your stupid aura, you are so much easier to dive and get AoE'd,, and if you are not hugging people with your circle, you are ineffectual. I wouldn't care if Sona is now Tier 1 or not - she just isn't the Sona I liked.
>>
>>380919214
>>380920463
And also, the more I think of it, the more I started getting disillusioned with the game by the way they started designing supports.

Somewhere around Thresh they decided to take the problem of champs with overblown kits up to eleven, where for a game with 4 buttons and a passive you now have 6-7 skills and 2 passives. Thresh was the epitome of this - fun to play, crazy shenanigans but holy shit, the whole bot lane meta was balanced around that asshole. The power creep was huge - bot lane isn't the lane where you release a new champion all the time, you had Thresh dictating shit and fans of classic champions having to deal with it using older champions from a completely different school of thought. Either that, or you had champions that completely left their identity at the door somewhere along the way and that's how Annie and Zyra became flavor of the month support champions. And it went on and on. Champs started to get more and more snowflakey. It's a great business approach, no doubt - new champs with a ton of cool abilities is probably the surefire way to get people to spend money on the game. But the power creep got pretty huge, on the flipside and I stopped getting interested in those new designs. I haven't played a single Braum game even though he was a big deal. I just wasn't interested.

Add the vendetta that Guinsoo had against healing champions - no way Soraka could be allowed to shine because she is "boring", strong healers are not good for the game for... whatever reason. Right now LoLtournament games are a snorefest where all the 5 characters are massive playmakers with bloated kits, and yet games last 50 minutes and have 8 kills between two teams, with no indication that anyone is winning, OR are complete and utter stomps when Southeast Asia's Little League faces some Korean behemoth. Even having Thresh vs Leona doesn't guarantee that anything at all will happen on the bottom lane. It was jarring.
>>
LoL died when the Garen+5sunfire capes strat was removed.
>>
>>380916750
fuck off underage.
>>
File: 2017-06-17.png (1MB, 1907x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-17.png
1MB, 1907x1080px
>>380916750
Anyone else enjoying the Event?
>>
File: 7.png (834KB, 1275x788px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
834KB, 1275x788px
>geting banned for words
>get banned for not mimicking the chink "pro" gamers in terms of champion choosing or build

hope it dies but it wont since they riot will unbann every account and we back in buisness
>>
>>380916861
>implying jews aren't superior at running everything
>>
>>380919697
>baw muh inability to do a 180 in a nanosecond
>>
File: 1468468375194.png (130KB, 475x470px) Image search: [Google]
1468468375194.png
130KB, 475x470px
>>380922334
reported for illegal content
>>
File: dota 2.gif (3MB, 392x294px) Image search: [Google]
dota 2.gif
3MB, 392x294px
>>380919475
>>
>>380917829
There was metatards before they even added those items
>>
>>380922806
talking about standard lanes
>>
>>380923061
In my recollection, ADC/Support bot lanes were invented in the EU scene while the standardized meta everywhere else was to have a two tank botlane. Mid lane Ashe was a common sight. Then people figured out it made more sense for a single character to be the bitch of the group and only live off passive gold generation, and that's the standard we know, but there've been plenty of standards before it. Can't blame people for looking for the "best" way to play.

Mind you, there were some pretty novel ideas with laneswapping and dedicated roamers, and in Normal or low Rank you could play whatever the fuck. Ignite/Exhaust jungle Shaco was sacrilege to all other junglers because of all the smite steal risk, but you could totally pull it off. Off-color picks that are still within the meta also existed.
>>
>>380916750
It was fun when it was a casual version of Dota and nothing more.
When half your games neither team had a jungle because there wasn't a meta you had to stick to.
Now its not fun to play because everyone follows a set meta, yet its not as skill dependent as Dota, so its worse of both worlds.
>>
>>380916750

To be honest, I got into League with a group of friends just after beta had ended. Times were good. We enjoyed the fiestas, we shit talked the other teams, and we could play as a goof whenever.

Then we discovered ranked...

Long before flex was a sparkle in Riot's eye, we could only duo queue which often meant more 'personal' time playing with friends. Amidst all the cancer and toxicity, this game started to turn good friends on each other.

Naturally, some of us were better than others in the group, but we remained relatively positive towards each other until we saw just how bad bronze community was. This was a sandbox for hyper autists and lonely hearts who had no outlets. The attitude was infectious, and suddenly we were only playing solo queue - blaming each other for our own mistakes. None of us made it out of bronze until recently, but it was astounding how the game that was so new could impact a friendship group like that.

But then we ate some oranges, and it was k.
>>
>>380916750
I did indeed have a lot of fun watching the absolute carnage of 10 AoE ultimates being used at once.
>>
>>380920078
I don't understand how ANYONE can defend season 2 League, everything after Season 1 was trash.

>Bottom lane meta is heal bitches that don't let any fights happen
>Release of of some of the most garbage resourceless champ design such as Riven
>Beginning of Riot's forced metagame and spectator based balance
>>
>>380924851
>Bottom lane meta is heal bitches that don't let any fights happen

Leona was released and Roamistar existed during that season and also pokey no-sustain champions like Lulu. Climbing to Diamond always involved something like level 6 towerdiving shenanigans with a fuckton of kills. Your run of the mill ranked game had Blitzcrank as a pick, ffs.

>Release of of some of the most garbage resourceless champ design such as Riven
I still get a chuckle out of the fact that Renekton was such a massive top lane terror when his passive is literally "This character has a passive", i.e. an explanation of how his rage resource worked.
>>
>>380916750

The game was hilariously broken and fun. A lot of people had never played DotA prior, so the concept was new to them and drove a lot of players in. Everything was innocent and the meta was entirely decided by the community.

Then came the competitive scene, polarizing balance decisions, and a forced meta that favors one role over others.

Basically, Riot sold their soul to Tencent and they saw the competitive scene as a method to draw in a larger crowd. It worked and the game became stupidly popular after season 3.
>>
>you can't harass the other lane all game anymore by throwing saplings at them because Moakai is a jungle-only champ now
for shame
>>
File: 1495825287902.png (98KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
1495825287902.png
98KB, 200x203px
>>380916861
>Sold to yellow jews
>>
I miss 1 million shrooms teemo and dodge runes on jax

also had a good time stacking phantom dancers on janna and carrying
>>
>>380926921
the critplank who denied you minions the whole game and was a piece of shit that existed to nuke your AD carry
>all the global ultimates that existed
>Old Sivir's skin
>dunkey's rise to fame
>>
>>380916750
Yes, you're the only person in our entire dimension who liked thing.
>>
https://youtu.be/eA04nbviQ8E
he.
he was the herald that the game would go to shit. you don't simply give tons of tools to newer characters and let older ones outdated. they should have made another game instead.

>>380925436
I don't even remember how it was handled at that time. I thought that he was nerfed several times, but he only got some tweaks back then. too bad they FINALLY made his ult give him more range on all his kit only when the game became total trash
>>
Of course it was, they didnt change many things from DotA. Then they started adding their own stuff and it went to shit. But what you can expect from someone that stole the forum with the information? Kek
>>
Can you use alternate keyboards on the in-game chat? I want to make a baby account and spam the chat with nip and Russian characters
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.