[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Wario game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: Wario-mario_party_8.png (74KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
Wario-mario_party_8.png
74KB, 250x236px
What is the best Wario game?
>>
>>380914839
Wario Land 4
>>
Warioland 4
>>
>>380914876
>>380914880
/thread
>>
>>380914839
Wario Land 3 was always my favorite. I used to have a tradition of replaying it every year, and it never got stale. Plus, I think it sparked my obsession with miniature, self-contained worlds.
>>
i'd say wario land 3, wario land 4 was quite a bit more refined though.
>>
Wario Land 3
>>
>>380914839
Wario Land: Shake It!
>>
>>380914839
Wario Land: 4
>>
File: dits.gif (15KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
dits.gif
15KB, 320x288px
>>380914839
Warioland 2

>that route where you literally do nothing at the beginning
>>
>>380914876
>>380914880
>>380914928

>you're not invincible

It's garbage.
>>
They're all amazing!
Warioland 4 has my heart.
>>
File: 1454232698762.gif (43KB, 560x582px) Image search: [Google]
1454232698762.gif
43KB, 560x582px
Wario Land 4 is life, Wario Land II is hometown
>>
>>380917641
What do you man? I don't remember Wario dying in that game, except boss battles and timing out
>>
>>380917513
Had that game as a kid. It was definitely different than Mario. Always seemed like there was a different route to take, like not waking up.
>>
2 is my favorite Wario Land, though 4 is of course very charming. 3 disappointed me. Never played Wario World, sadly.
>>
Played Warioland for the Virtual Boy. Game was fucking cash....it also triggered migraines every time I played and I don't use that term lightly. The game was sooooooooo amazing but it literally killed me due to the continued usage of the virtual boy machine.
>>
>>380917513
>that route where you literally do nothing at the beginning
I loved that shit so much
>>
File: 1413061769140.png (129KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413061769140.png
129KB, 500x500px
Wario Land 3 is my favorite, but I haven't gotten around to play Wario Land 4 yet. Playing Wario world right now, I cannot find this last gold statue piece in this clown level.
>>
4 should be in every video game dans
Library
>>
File: zsuXtTe.jpg (42KB, 507x313px) Image search: [Google]
zsuXtTe.jpg
42KB, 507x313px
>no one ever talks about SML3 in these threads
sleep well my sweet dirty prince
>>
File: SI_NDS_WarioMasterOfDisguise.jpg (198KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SI_NDS_WarioMasterOfDisguise.jpg
198KB, 1000x500px
>tfw I am the only person on Earth that unironically liked this game
The controls were shit but cmon, this was a great game.
>>
Why do people like Wario Land 4 so much? I remember being pretty disappointed by it after playing the shit out of 1 and 2.
>>
>>380921024
THe game is literally competing against the upper echelon or handheld gaming with an emphasis on creative platforming and exploration. The fact that it's even mentioned (continiously I might add) in the same category as Warioland 2,3, or 4 is a testament to the fact that I consider at least on part with Six Golden coins And that's without counting in the superior graphics and enemy interaction.
Starting level was fucking balla

The Warioland series owes everything to that game. The game dared to be different. It went against the mold at every corner. Stages required so much more than reaching the end. The powers you acquired via hats fundamentally altered the course you take through each level. And the THEME! Wario is Mario's evil doppelganger that fiends for gold and inconsequentially acquires bitches along the way (accompanying his treasure horde that puts Smaug's pile to fucking shame).

And when he's not stomping deathtrap laden environments that test his guile at every turn with twisting pathways and non-linear level design, not to mention Bosses that are so much more than, "jump on the head". And in his spare time, he makes Microgames that I feel is also in the upper echelon of portable gaming.

In short, Wario is a G.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dISuBAGxw4w
>>
>>380920720
All these years I've hoped they would remake it for 3DS. It's a great game and essentially no one has played it. Absolutely criminal.
>>
>>380922042
Wario Land is a true classic and is still one of the best 2D platformers ever made, as well as one of the best portable titles ever. The game never really had to compromise, it didn't suffer at all from being on a handheld system, but that was common among all the great GB titles.
>>
>>380920129

You have a heart meter in Wario 4, you're not invincible.
>>
File: wah.jpg (40KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
wah.jpg
40KB, 612x612px
>>380922042
wow I didn't expect a big writeup on it but I completely agree
it's still one of my favorite platformers
also I've always liked the meta theme of the suepr mario land series
the first game starred mario, standard fair
the next game introduced wario but still had mario in it
and then in the third game, wario not only spends the entire game stealing money from his enemies, but he stole an entire game series from mario
I love it
>>
>>380921580
>shit controls
>great game
I don't understand
>>
>>380921024
I grinded 50,000 coins I believe before I went and fought the final boss. I wanted the perfect score, but I wish I had known that treasure counted towards that score, I spent way too much time collecting coins in the same level.
>>
>>380921580
>>380923427
>controls were shit
do you guys have treeman oversized swollen hotdog fingers or what? I never ever had a problem playing this game at all
>>
I wish it was warioland Odyssey....stupid Mario. Always if the ducking spotlight.
>>
>Wario Land Shake it wasnt ported to 3DS
>no Warioware Twisted remake for 3DS
>no wario games at all for 3DS
>only wario game for Wii U is game and wario which is basically a Warior Ware LITE
>no 3DS version of Virtual Wario
>no Super Mario 64 3DS with Waluigi added alongside Mario, Wario, Luigi and Yoshi
>no Mario&Luigi-esque RPG with Wario and Waluigi
> and >>380925163 no Wario hinted in SMO

FUCKING KILL ME
>>
>>380922982
Holy shit yeah I just remebered it just that theres so many enemies that just turn you into something that I forgot about it
>>
File: heilWAHtler.jpg (2MB, 1066x1326px) Image search: [Google]
heilWAHtler.jpg
2MB, 1066x1326px
>mfw literally every game is made better on some level by Wario being in it
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.