[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PoE worth 18 bucks on GoG? If so, what class is the most fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
PoE worth 18 bucks on GoG? If so, what class is the most fun?
>>
Yes
Monk
>>
>PoE worth 18 bucks on GoG?
Yes.
>If so, what class is the most fun?
Cipher.
>>
>>380905898
Fun in this game is not discerned by class.
If you like your class to influence the RPG content, I'd recommend cypher.
>>
Druid
>>
>>380905898

it's not perfect but I'd say it's probably the best out of the wannabe BG2 games, it's worth $20.

Ciphers are pretty powerful, can do pretty cool things story-wise, and are a good middle ground between casters and fighters when it comes to micro.
>>
It's very flawed but it's unironically my favorite RPG of the past decade. I really enjoyed my time as a Monk but it requires heavy micro.
>>
If you finish Act 2 and are still enjoying yourself and want more, get the expansions.
>>
>play Cipher
>get tons of different power
>always ended using the same
>pretty much never feel the need to use low tier one after i unlocked the next tier
>>
>>380906754
This is how I played Grieving Mother too, but apparently, the first three tiers of spells or so are actual the most effective for their price.

I really liked doing that mind-web thing that put the entire's parties equal to its strongest defense, though.
>>
>>380906880
Last time I played was at release so maybe it changed but after a while i just spammed the big prone aoe and the level 2 paralyse
>>
>>380906725
Act 2 is the worst part of the game.

White March 2 > Act 3 + 4 > White March 1 > Act 1 > Act 2
>>
>>380907076
It did change quite a bit since release, yeah. They made a few nerfs to Cipher but they're still pretty powerful and got cool new powers with the new levels.
>>
>>380907219
I just started a new playthrough as a priest (their new spells looks pretty fucking good too) so maybe I'll take GM and check it out
>tfw have to go through Caed Nua
Fuck, just thinking about those fucking spirits piss me off
>>
>tfw you bought the game 4 times
Help
>>
>>380905898

> Buying a censored game.

Just pirate the uncensored version.
>>
>>380908504
>Just pirate the uncensored version.

Huh? Censored?
>>
companion AI that was patched in later made combat less tedious, as was my experience that shades don't *teleport behind u* anymore which had to have been the number one thing that had people dropping the game an hour in. The AI still wasn't exceptionally good, though, I noticed the AI still would neglect to use per encounter abilities even if they were set to aggressively use them, though. Sawyer shouldn't have loaded so many classes down with stupid bullshit gimmicks without making it a proper turn-based game; RTwP is shit and belongs in the past. Either go full turn based or full action--which basically means drastically less player control and character abilities instead of loading every class down with per encounter gimmicks.
>>
>>380909426
In the early game Phantoms are actually worse than Shades because you don't have a lot of options so they perma stun your tank if you can't kill them quickly enough
>>
>>380908405
W-why?
>>
File: 1497383996295.png (1MB, 929x771px) Image search: [Google]
1497383996295.png
1MB, 929x771px
I really enjoy this game. Why does /v/ shitpost so much about it?
>>
>>380910520
This thread has been pretty positive about it, desu senpai.
/v/ will shitpost any game with flaws, which Pillars of Eternity has.
Also, people were expecting the greatest RPG of all time now that Obsidian wasn't shackled with publishers and a lot of people got disappointed it only ended up being good.
>>
>>380910321
I keep removing it from my Steam account
>>
>>380911101
Why?
>>
>>380905898
why are they charging for path of exile now?
>>
>>380905898
>what class is the most fun
The combat is not fun, period.
>>
>>380912142
Scrub spotted
>>
>>380905898
no, and it's not much fun at all
>>
>>380912294
Are you implying that the combat is hard?

I think you're confusing difficulty with tedium.
>>
>>380912451
N-no the combat is perfect you can't possibly dislike it
>>
>>380912451
Scrub
>>
>>380912584
all you do is tap spacebar, its like a rpg beat ´em up and every character in the game is a mongoloid absolute pleb tier game
>>
>>380912802
I'm pressing buttons
>>
>lmao here's a million trash mobs on the map
>but we're not going to reward you experience, items or anything really for dealing with them
>hell we're not even going to bother making good and properly balanced encounters
This game was real shit in the combat department
>>
Is this a GOG sale thread?, can anyone recommend some good rpg adventure games?
>>
>>380913218
I agree that there were way too many trash mobs but they all dropped items for crafting and experience via bestiary
>>
>>380913368
>stop getting experience after the 10th xaurip
>150 left
>>
>>380913537
Yeah, there were too many trash mobs. Hopefully, PoE 2 will be way better in this department.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.