[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on /v/ remember this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Steambot_Chronicles_Coverart.png (191KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Steambot_Chronicles_Coverart.png
191KB, 256x363px
When I was younger I bought a game magazine that came with demo disc. I used to play the demo for this and Shadow of the Colossus repetitively. I eventually bought SotC but I could never find this game.

I remember loving the demo and really wanted to play it but never got the chance. The only thing I didn't like about the game was the tank controls.

Was it a good game?
>>
>>380902742

yes it was great

play Dark Cloud 2 for the greatest of the great version of this. GOAT
>>
File: Steambot Chronicles 007.jpg (105KB, 688x482px) Image search: [Google]
Steambot Chronicles 007.jpg
105KB, 688x482px
Yes, Steambot Chronicles is one of my PS2 favorites.

The controls are fairly strange, true. You can get used to them, although grabbing is still odd. (You'll need to grab for arena, fights, too.) One thing I did love about it is how you can ignore the story, either pimping out your ride or just playing music on the street corners. The game required a fair bit of skill to do well, also. It wasn't overly difficult, but still welcome.

There was also a bit of choice in the game; you could support one side or another in a particular fight, and that influenced how the game ended. There was also stuff like land ownership, and getting to choose if you want to participate in the band or not. It was rather nice, especially since some people probably didn't want to fuck around with the instruments and probably didn't want to be forced through those sections.

The game technically got an entry on PSP, although that is just the arena fights in a tournament. The name of the series in Japan is Bumpy Trot, and so you might find this and the PSP game by that name.

If you liked Steambot Chronicles, or just like the idea, then you might be interested in Dark Cloud 2 / Dark Chronicle. (same game, different name in different regions) It's not really the same - you're mostly on foot, you're mostly dungeon crawling, but you can craft things and can put together a mech ride - but both games have a similar aesthetic and a somewhat similar feel.
>>
>>380904179
I never really had a problem with the controls, except for playing the drums and the sax.
Fucking ridiculous
>>
There was a sequel on the PSP. It was unbalanced as all shit.
>>
>>380904542
Should I assume that you never got the accordion?

I could play pretty much any other instrument fairly well, even getting a few perfects on some, but the accordion just completely fucked me up. I simply couldn't adjust the up-down on the thumbpad while also hitting notes with the shoulder buttons and whatever else it asked me to do, all at the same time. Maybe some day.

Maybe some day.
>>
>>380903914
Is Dark Cloud 2 on PS4 any good? Does it look good? I played the demo for DK2 back in the day but am interested in playing the full game.
>>
>>380904884
Perhaps I erased it from memory or confused the controls with drums.
I loved playing the piano at seedy bars.

Perhaps I could have mastered the rest of the instruments, but I spent way too much time reaching the point where I dominate everyone at billiards.

One of my favorite moments in the main quest was crossing the desert with caravan.

The side quests having depressing endings most of the time made me reluctant to finish shit at some point
>>
>>380902742
Damn this game for not letting me make Savory my waifu
>>
IF YOU WANT THE SPICE SOLUTION
>>
>>380904927

The original is still looking good. The cell shaded made it age like wine
>>
>>380905840
I felt the same for the Captain
>>
I cry> In your voice>Just shout it out> See you later>Impossible
>>
>>380904714
That was just an extended arena mode, wasn't it?
Bumpy Trot 2 was cancelled
>>
>>380906584
Correct. Bumpy Trot 2 was canceled, thanks to the tsunami damaging everything from the company. The PSP title was just an extended arena tournament fight.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.