[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone fill me in on what will change here with a Vivendi takeover.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: images.png (5KB, 220x202px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5KB, 220x202px
Someone fill me in on what will change here with a Vivendi takeover.
>>
No idea but hijacking first post to inform everyone that Ubisoft gets way too much shit and they create a ton of good games
>>
Everything they do will be worse by 1 or 2 orders of magnitude. Ubisoft will eventually be devoured and cease to against much like EA does to its developers.
>>
If i heard correctly its a shittier company taking over an already shitty company
>>
File: ubisoft.jpg (55KB, 372x497px) Image search: [Google]
ubisoft.jpg
55KB, 372x497px
>>380901828
I hope they get gutted good.
They deserve the worst possible outcome.
>>
>>380902073
>they create a ton of good games
Examples?
>>
BGE2 will be canceled
>>
>>380903106
Rayman
>>
>>380903106
Not him, but I don't think Ubi has made a genuinely BAD game. Just aggressively mediocre ones at worst.
>>
At least five Just Dance games within a year
>>
>>380901828
Cash shop and in-game money transactions will get worse, if Vivendi's interactions with Blizzard were any indication.

People might quit and/or get fired, as a cost cutting measure.

More games might get whored out as mobile cash-ins, more focus on yearly releases, and less effort invested.

Probably the worst might be just shutting down Uplay, with nothing to replace it or allow the post-2002 games to even allow play. I'll admit that I've mostly ignored Ubisoft so I don't know how good/profitable their Uplay platform is, so I don't know how likely this is.
>>
>>380901828
As long as they leave my siege alone im ok with it.
>>
Stuff like BGE2, For Honor wouldn't get made. Indie type of shit like Child of Light or standalone stuff like Blooddragon wouldn't get made either.

AC would never get a break. Rayman would probably cease to exist.
>>
File: 1340733041844.png (641KB, 622x632px) Image search: [Google]
1340733041844.png
641KB, 622x632px
>>380903593
>last Rayman game was released 6 (SIX) years ago
>still gets brought up for redeeming Ubishit

Stop that.
>>
>>380907456
>What is Rayman Legends
>>
>>380902073
>they create a ton of good games

With the exception of some games, none of Ubi's current ones are good but horribly mediocre. Not to mention shitting over their IPs like PoP or M&M. And don't get me started on cancelling Rayman 4, replacing it with Raving Rabbids, and further turning it into a minigame collection instead of an actual platformer.

On one hand Vivendi make EA look like charity, but on the other hand no wonder that they are gunning for Ubi. It's like bad karma is about to rape them repeatedly.
>>
File: image.gif (340KB, 346x344px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
340KB, 346x344px
>Siege will get even less support
>>
That Mario/Rabbids/XCOM thing looks fun
>>
There will be many firings as vivendi "cuts costs". Then ubisoft will make AAA shovelware with lots of DLC. So aside from the firing, nothing will change.
>>
I am starting to think that NeoGaf likes games more than /v/.
>>
>>380903106
Sands of Time, Anno, Settlers, Rayman, Far Cry, etc.
>>
>>380908052
Why? its the only long game in the Ubi library that lasts long term and makes money doing so, it doesn't even require much recouses, just a 25 man team and servers.
>>
>>380902073
They are hogging the rights for HoMM, making it very clear that it isn't high on their priority list and forced two companies working on it into bankruptcy.
They are beyond redemption.
>>
File: 1466837478220.png (610KB, 588x766px) Image search: [Google]
1466837478220.png
610KB, 588x766px
>>380910649
Okay. This time post GOOD games.
>>
>>380910830
>making it very clear that it isn't high on their priority list
Why would it be? Last decent HoM&M game was 5. Newer entries were bad and sold worse.

At the end of the day, if it's not profitable, it's not a priority.
>>
>>380911119
>Newer entries were bad and sold worse.
And why do you think is it that way?
They didn't even bother to put decent town screens in it.
Generic story, impossible deadline, if you think it's not profitable, just sell the fucking rights.
>>
>>380902073
Completely agree with this. /V/ just enjoys being contrarian hipsters, when most people like Ubisoft games (as evidenced by them selling like hotcakes).
>>
>>380901828
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5PEB1y7i2Q
They will just change the logo.
>>
>>380901828
It bothers me so much how the lines don't fully connect.
>>
>>380901828
Bge 2 cancelled because too ambitious/costly and first game wasn't a commercial success.
>>
>>380910649

Ubisoft made literally only half of those games.
>>
File: GW299H171.jpg (11KB, 299x171px) Image search: [Google]
GW299H171.jpg
11KB, 299x171px
>>380913040
That's the point, notice how the line doesn't connect in the "O" either

It's still a shit logo and they've already done a good minimalist version of their logo before.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.