[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: OUYA-Console-set-h.jpg (64KB, 1200x703px) Image search: [Google]
OUYA-Console-set-h.jpg
64KB, 1200x703px
What went wrong?
>>
>>380894874
stupid name
meme concept
no games

no reason to buy this shit when you can just get something like a Raspberry Pi + bluetooth controller + ROMs
>>
>>380894874
Phone architecture in a non-portable form with no exclusives or multiplats
>>
>>380894874
What ended up happening to this?
>>
>>380894874
>games on the television
1.) Pretending it is a big thing to "put games on the television", when consoles exist
2.) Claim it to be "open" yet put in a HDCP enabled HDMI
3.) before even being able to enter the main menu (with all the settings and stuff) you are required to give away your CC info (Just in case, goy)
4.) controller is shit
and many many more
Literally search on google to find more reasons
>>
>>380894874
It's a great emulation and media machine. There are just so many other things for those specific purposes that there isn't a point in having this. I have an Ouya and use it just about every day but if I didn't already have it I would get something else.
>>
>>380894874
They said they would rapidly iterate, and they didn't.
They also got bought out, though I'm not sure what really happened with that.

Nintendo launching the Switch as an ARM SOC based system essentially proves the basic concept and validates the desires of many of the customers of the OUYA for an ARM based system with Skyrim.
>>
>>380895292
Failed spectacularly. I really can't think of a bigger failure in this industry than this.
>>
>>380895865
Don't you mean HAND system? Lol
>>
>>380894874
No one wanted to play shitty phone games on their couch.
>>
>>380894874
everything
>>
Is this any good for emulating?
>>
File: 1484933633273.jpg (46KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
1484933633273.jpg
46KB, 500x556px
I considered getting one, because that's the kind of console with simple games you can play when people are coming over for an hour or so, since all games have free demos. AAA titles are not made to jump in and play for some fun with friends, also way too expensive overall.
Decided to get a new snes tho, since it does the same like the ouya, just with better games and no framerate drops
>>
>>380895895
Then you're not thinking hard enough. Ouya shipped a product and was bought out by Razer later.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.