[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which game is the bigger dissapointment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: Comb17062017040626.jpg (327KB, 1360x898px) Image search: [Google]
Comb17062017040626.jpg
327KB, 1360x898px
Which game is the bigger dissapointment?
>>
>>380892631
Spore, as they took out really basic stuffs
>>
>>380892631
*disappointment
>>
>>380892631
Spore was my favorite game for a long time desu.
>>
>>380892796

so did nms?

I would say nms by a long shot because at least spore had a little content and not procedural generated non-content
>>
>>380892957
What's your favorite thing about Spore?
>>
The Spore we got had at least some interesting parts like the creature and space stages. No Man's Sky is just a disappointment all around.
>>
people gave a shit about spore
nms not so much
>>
>>380892631
Spore at least had the bare bones of most of what it promised. NMS was entirely missing half the features it promised. No contest.
>>
Destiny
>>
there's nor reason to be disappointed in NMS because you'd have to be an idiot to not realize it was going to be shit before release.
>>
File: HelloReddit.jpg (34KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
HelloReddit.jpg
34KB, 992x744px
>>380893626
this. if you actually thought about buying the game I have bad new for you
>>
>>380892631
No mans sky was extremely fun. I played it for hours. It gets boring when you saw everything but it is not a dissapointment. People just say it because they just follow people who say it they do not even know the game and just say what they heard about the game :-D
>>
File: 1494183660067.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1494183660067.gif
1MB, 320x213px
NMS is still getting updates.

Maybe it'll be finished one day. Maybe.
>>
Spore was the bigger disappointment, I had imagined the game to be spectacular with endless possibilites, because I was young and naive, I was just a kid

NMS wasn't that much a letdown, because I was much older and cynical, sceptical about everything they talked about, I knew it was lies and I expected to get exactly the game that we got
>>
>>380892631
Spore probably.
NMS I'm not too well versed on the history of, how much of the whole "Minecraft in space/ultimate freedom" was just fans overexpecting things and how much was the developer blowing stuff out of their ass.
>>
are you ready to get on the disappointercoaster once again with Beyond Good and Evil 2?
>>
People who played starbound already knew what they were going to get with no man's sky. It was literally the same thing, the only difference is one's 2d and one's 3d. both had lying englishman spokespeople who hyped up big promises of endless varied worlds with procedurally generated creatures and we got trite shit with boring mining and tedious upgrades.

Starbound would later go on to become okayish though, so maybe there's hope for NMS.
>>
Spore by a long shot, it had so much potential and they fucking gutted it. NMS was obviously going to be empty promises: the game from the start and you're a retard if you fell for it.
>>
File: IMG_8822.png (305KB, 572x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8822.png
305KB, 572x561px
>>380893971
Almost all the features Sean pulled out of his ass. It wasn't even questions he answered out of context either. They were features he outright said on video of having. I find it funny how even modern journalists shilled for them even though it was blantantly obvious they lied.
>>
>>380893971

it was 1000% developers blowing stuff out their ass

literally worse than "you can climb that mountain"
>>
Spore

I'm very surprised anyone gave two shits about No Man's Sky considering what happened with Spore's earlier "reveals"
>>
>>380893301
Making dick creatures and then coming up with clothing for them, then making them dickmobiles and dickships later on.
>>
Spore.
If you expected anything from NMS you're just naive.
>>
>>380892971
spore, nms hate is hate just to be hip at this point its an okay-ish game
>>
NMS at the end of the day was an indie game made by some nobodies that just so happened to get funding by Sony
Spore was supposed to be the next big thing and had massive talent behind it
>>
>>380893874
wait really?
what are the chances that it's actually good now?
>>
>>380894472
kek
>>
>>380894121
Assuming it ever gets made, which it won't. Vivendi is planning on buying Ubisoft and if that happens, say goodbye to Beyond Good and Evil 2 forever. It's probably for the best, though
>>
No Man's Sky is a bigger disappointment. Mass numbers of lies and false advertisement caused a huge uproar that you literally hear nothing from them. It was so bad that there is still investigations on them being sued for false advertisement
>>
>>380895325
Damn
>>
>>380895325
oh shit
>>
>>380895325
So hello games still not sued?
>>
>>380892631
Spore. Spore is the entire reason people are wary about pre-orders nowadays.
>>
>>380892631
NMS, atleast Spore is fun and has an excellent editor.
>>
>>380895325
not really
spore had all the things it said it would
sadly the publisher took them all out and all that was left was a bare bone game
NMS was just empty promises
>>
NMS has actually added some cool shit for free with their updates like base building and driveable land vehicles, while Spore added paid "creepy and cute creature parts" DLC and then completely abandoned the game right when it finally started showing potential with Galactic Adventures. Spore is a half baked buggy shit mess to this day while NMS is currently teasing a big update. Hello Games is at least somewhat trying to reconcile things even if they're shit at communicating, while EA just outright took the money and ran.

NMS I can forgive because the devs are small time guys who fucked up bad but seemingly want to make amends by expanding the game over time for free. Spore I can't forgive because it had an industry giant backing it and they put in absolute minimum effort and then trashed the whole thing when the shitty DLC didn't sell enough.
>>
>>380892631
Spore. >>380893626 I absolutely did not understand the hype about trailers, procedural generation is supposed to be just background for real gameplay not the main selling point.
>>
Spore. It's the game that burned me so hard I saw the No man's sky tragedy coming
>>
>>380892971
>so did nms?
"no"
>>
>>380897414
Seriously they really didn't lie, they just equivocated the shit out of everything. If you bought the game it's your own damn fault.
>>
>>380892631
Spore.
While both overpromised, Spore at least HAD some of the things it promised, but they were cut.
Things like aquatic creatures, the protein-sequencing stage, etc.
>>
File: 1496132809374.gif (1MB, 850x463px) Image search: [Google]
1496132809374.gif
1MB, 850x463px
Spore had multiplayer to a degree. I found my friends ayy lmao in space once we both made it.
Spore also at least tried shit but cut it out.

Nms had no multiplayer and lied their ass off about it
Nms didn't even try shit. It was just bait

Nms is the bigger disappointment.
>>
>>380892631
Spore for me because I watched every single fucking video and hyped that shit for years whereas no mans sky remains a literal who game
>>
>>380892631
No man's sky is actually fun though.

I keep discovering new things with my wife's son every time we play. vehicles really made the game better, I haven't even left the planet I'm on in months.
>>
File: 1497385986409.png (38KB, 245x237px) Image search: [Google]
1497385986409.png
38KB, 245x237px
>>380892631
>playing the spore creature stage on hard
>making cool shit in the creature creator using addDNA
spore's one of my favourites, even if most of the game is shit. Then again, when someone bought it for me when it came out I didn't know it was supposed to be the next big thing so I had basically no expectations
>>
>>380892631
spore is a better version of no man's sky
>>
>>380894938
it's actually had two large updates

the first one added base building and big freighter ships, and the second one added land vehicles you can drive around with

people have taken to building racetracks and ramps and shit for the vehicles, and finding the best planets to facilitate that

so there's at least something to do with the resources now
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.