[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How violent is too violent, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: manhunt.jpg (68KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
manhunt.jpg
68KB, 600x601px
How violent is too violent, /v/?
>>
File: I approve.png (53KB, 187x174px) Image search: [Google]
I approve.png
53KB, 187x174px
Never enough violence OP
>>
>>380881746
just right
>>
>>380881746
Manhunt with the graphics of today would be pretty cool
>>
>>380881746
No such thing as too violent.
Also Manhunt was prretty tame, everything is in pre-canned animations, it was a shitty game.
>>
What's the most violent game /v/
>>
File: file.png (354KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
354KB, 594x334px
It's fun
>>
>>380881985
>No such thing as too violent.
Of course there is such a thing as too violent, subjectively speaking.
Similarly to how people have different limits to what they can fap to, some people are vanillafags while others are babyfur vomit rape gorefags.
>>
>>380882218
Doom
>>
No such thing if it fits the context.
>>
>>380882224
I can play Postal anytime I want, whether I am happy or depressed, and I have no qualms about killing innocent people and then pissing on them and then lighting their corpses on fire.
But I can't play Manhunt. I think it's because the killings are not too realistic, but rather too "personal", they feel like the protagonist has something personal against the person they are killing. And that kind of killing just disturbs me, for some reason.
>>
>>380881746
>conan exiles
>punch a dude in the chest
>torso flies off into the distance, arms head and waist down fall to the ground, 3 mile radius becomes covered in blood

That. Thats too much violence. When you stop and ask yoruself "Wait is this a fucking cartoon?" it has gone too far
>>
File: Brute.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Brute.webm
3MB, 720x400px
>>380882238
>Similarly to how people have different limits

Exactly.
It's a subjective thing and there is no "too violent" generally speaking.
>>
jack tompson came to britain to get that banned and failed

made me want to try it
so i bought it
was alright
>>
I played the first Manhunt recently for the first time and was surprised by how good it was. Of course it got decent reviews, but the controversy and the gore drew me to it more than anything else.

What the game really nails isn't even the gore itself(the sounds are nastier than most visuals) - the atmosphere it creates is extremely nasty, disgusting and vile. The way the game plays and how all its systems work wth the gore, creates a unique and brutal experience. Wish there was a new one.
>>
>>380882956
There's Manhunt 2, anon.
>>
>>380883308
Isn't it shit?
>>
>>380883491
Well, it looks like shit, but you can still give it a try.
>>
>>380881746
When a simple action always leads to out of proportion blood/gore. For example, a simple sneeze looks like Niagara Falls of blood.
>>
>>380884067
If I can't paint the entire level with blood, including the skybox so it's raining blood, pooling up and causing everyone to have to swim in it, there's not enough
>>
File: 2243110-manhunt2_98811_screen.jpg (105KB, 684x512px) Image search: [Google]
2243110-manhunt2_98811_screen.jpg
105KB, 684x512px
Manhunt 1 was the shit, but what does /v/ think of Manhunt 2?
>>
>>380883308
I'll definitely play it one day, but Manhunt deserves a new game with a proper budget. Manhunt 1 was quite rough and I think they can do much more with it. Of course, it'll never happen.

>>380881746
I like violence. I don't know why. Blood and gore always fascinated me since I was little.
But still, violence has to fit. I don't want Kingdom Hearts with dismemberment... actually, maybe I do.

I really dislike it when violence and gore are done shittily in an attempt to draw in more people.
Well done violence can add a lot to gamefeel not just for gorehounds: good feedback to your actions makes them more meaningful and visceral. A good gore system adds interactivity and reactivity to a game. I like it when a game let's me 'imprint' on its world.
>>
>>380885334
>actually, maybe I do.
No you don't, stop being edgy.

I like violence too when it's well done and when I can relate to the character. Like in that Drive movie inb4 wife's son
>>
Good violence is just a byproduct of great atmosphere, this is also why I loved The Suffering.

>good protagonist
>good story
>good levels
>interesting enemies
>scary flashbacks to make your blood pump during exploration segments
>moral choices

Has everything
>>
What game has the best dismemberment with MELEE COMBAT
>>
>>380881746
Since entertainment media can never portray it accurately, I don't mind violence in the least bit. Sex is a whole other matter though.
>>
File: dm.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
dm.webm
3MB, 800x448px
>>380886239
Dark Messiah.
Probably not the best but the most fun.
The kicking meme was a mistake, the game is highly enjoyable with a crit sword build, just chopping off bodyparts like a madman.
>>
>>380881985
>tame
find me another game where you can graphically stab a guy in the balls multiple times with a shard of glass.
>>
Soldier of Fortune has some pretty mean headshot animations.
Like blow off someone's jaw with a shotgun and they try to hold whatever is left in for a futile few seconds.
>>
>>380883491
it is
>>
>>380887030
I can do that with a knife in any game which allows me to manually use a knife.
Also some games like SoF and Stranglehold have unique reactions to shots in the balls, also Sniper elite literally lets you pop the balls in x-ray mode.
Watching a shitty cutcene doesn't cut it.
>>
>>380886239
L4D2 is up there
>>
>>380887132
Why is 2 considered so much worse than 2?
>>
>>380887413
than 1*
>>
>>380887413
Hahaha typo! No one reply seriously
>>
when it's not fun.
>>
>>380887317
you can, but it won't be as visceral as that one rehashed animation. it's how drawn-out and detailed the action is that makes it violent, not so much the gory giblets and blood pools that constitute violence in most other games.
>>
Friday the 13th is pretty violent, but i dont know if there exists a game thats "too violent"
>>
>>380887413

2 failed to make any improvements on the second's already stale formula
>>
>>380887884
10/10
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.