[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started this. What am i in for, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4253.jpg (94KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4253.jpg
94KB, 620x620px
Just started this. What am i in for, /v/?
>>
>>380881707
A really solid open world RPG about surviving in a new world and the struggles and rewards of building a multicultural society.
>>
Being stuck on a different planet.
>>
an offline MMO that is also a bad anime
>>
>>380881707
Just fucking skip all dialogue man. Make up your own story
>>
>>380881707
bad food jokes and the worst mascot character. Also good music in some areas, and repetitive, low-key shitty music in the main hub
>>
>>380881707
78% of a good game since the online is dead
>>
>>380882686

What was the online aspect of this game?
>>
>>380881707
A immersive, fun RPG that has its flaws. If you enjoy it be sure to check out Xenoblade Chronicles
>>
Fun world exploration somewhat let down by a mediocre story. An OST that you'll either love or hate
>>
WIND BLOWS HARD IN DECEMBER
>>
Fun
>>
>>380881707
A better game that XC2 will ever be
>>
>>380881707
Takahashi's last project he genuinely put passion into before becoming capcom
>>
>>380882785
just 2 shitty boss fights people teamed up to fight.
The only real incentive to fight them is the end game grinding materials is insane and you got a bunch of points you could exchange for materials by fighting them, saving dozens of hours of time.

You're better off just ignoring all that shit at this point.
>>
>>380882785
needed to get materials to craft the best and most lewd costumes
>>
>>380881707
A good game. It's got some weird design choices here and there but I'd never call it a bad game.
>>
Really good gameplay that suffers by falling for the open world character creation meme.
>>
Excellent fun game. But it has some problems that you can avoid. All the regions except the starting one are beautiful to look at, listen to and explore. Dont do any "normal missions" and try to only do affinity missions (with voiced dialogue). If you are grinding then you missed real missions for your level. The story and characters is fine. Don't bother with areas with high level mobs until you get skells
>>
File: Alex_affinity.png (17KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_affinity.png
17KB, 96x96px
IT'S RAINING MANON
>>
>>380883368
>Don't bother with areas with high level mobs

Hahaha what. Every fucking area in the game has high level mobs.
>>
>>380882018
This. No peace looking at the sky
>>
Annoying jap food "humor."
>>
>>380882148
and this is why I will never play it
>>
>>380881707
The best open-world ever made.
(and a piece of poop in any other area)
>>
HELLO

IS THIS THING ON
>>
>>380881707
>shit characters
>shit story
>tatsu

combat is fun
>>
>>380881707
An unforgiving non-linear instructionless JRPG, that is anything but shonen.

It's also a customizable gundam simulator, in disguise.
>>
DUDE

LETS COOK TATSU

LMAO!!!!!
>>
WE'RE STUCK ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT PLANET
>>
>>380883776
DUDE

STORY MISSIONS

LMAO
>>
Shallow MMO combat where gear/levels matters more than skill/strategy.
Retarded story that takes itself seriously but plays out like a kids cartoon
Terrible humor
Terrible battle music
Great overworld music
Play untill you get the mech, run around with it, then quit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajETylWuMxk

you tell me
>>
This game is like an endless waaaaaaaaa
waaaaaaaaaa
waaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>380881707
The worst music ever created for a video game in history
Some of it is so bad (New L.A.) that there are at least 10 reported cases of people committing suicide over it
>>
>get mech
>hype as fuck
>start battle
>music starts

Never lost hype quite like that, flying theme is somehow even worse
>>
Daily reminder that there's no point in buying a light skell and you should go immediately for heavy as soon as you can afford it.
>>
>>380881707

OP here

> Start
> Stuck in character creator because i can't decide between an old man with a cool beard or a tall amazon qt

god damn it
>>
Fucking bad. A total downgrade from XBC except maybe in graphics. But even then the world of XBC was more beautiful. What a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>380884512
old man,

how many jrpgs, allow you to play as an old man as the main character?
>>
>>380881707
MMO singleplayer garbage with atrocious character designs and god awful muzik.
>>
>>380883641
AM I ALL ALONE?
>>
>>380882828
I'd actually recommend playing XC before X. The battle system in XC is legitimately mechanically worse than X's and it might be hard to go back to it after X.
>>
>>380884678

Good point, thanks senpai
>>
Literally the most half assed "online" I've ever seen in a video game.
You either do easy missions that take about ~15 seconds solo for basically nothing in rewards, or farming the world boss that has LITERALLY something like 23 million health bars. That one just boils down to being how much damage you can do in X amount of time instead of an actual fight.
Basically, there's no real way to play with friends in any fun manner.
>>
>>380884512
>Not making a 9 foot tall black man named Jaquell.

Anon please
>>
Being bitch slapped by random high level mobs and BS bosses. Have fun.
>>
>>380884776
I was with you until the music remark
>>
Played it on Cemu. Didn't like the combat at all so deleted it.
>>
>>380885294
this game duped me so fucking hard
"wow a mech based jrpg with online pve that sounds fucking amazing" and then you can't even play with people except for instanced shit
>>
A shit game once you realize how ridiculously overpowered ghostwalker is and how it's next to impossible to kill most bosses later on without it.
>>
File: hv14kp.jpg (451KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hv14kp.jpg
451KB, 1280x720px
A flawed masterpiece with huge numbers. A game where less than 1% of the people who play it will ever take down the postgame.
>>
>>380881707
50 hours of useless gameplay until you start to min-maxing and becoming a god, with no need for party members.
Proton Saber build is the most fun build; don't fall for the blossom meme.
>>
>>380885857
nice spoiler
>>
>>380884512
you can change your character later on after chapter 6 or something
might be hard to find the guy without looking it up though
>>
>>380881707
small ass fonts
>>
>>380885783
Did just fine without it desu
>>
Any build suggestions? I am thinking of using focusing on guns since i tend to focus on melee in RPGs.
>>
An alright game

I still wish more japanese games would have character creation.
I need more of my adventures of Jamal-San in animeland
>>
>>380887004
You always have a gun and melee weapon and maxing out a class lets you use that weapon and the associated skills with any other class so you can have whichever you want. Sniper Rifles/cannons are pretty cool gun types.
>>
I fucking loved running around for hours finding random shit, try to get up a mountain etc. story kinda went to shit later on, but the actual gameplay was solid.
>>
File: tight 13yo ass.jpg (74KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
tight 13yo ass.jpg
74KB, 800x450px
>>380881707
my experience (yours can differ)

first part where you explore on foot:
>great fun to run and jump to the overworld tunes through the map
>stand still in awe as you dodge tyrants and xbox hueg monsters
>collect ALL DEM SHINIES

middle part where you get your Skell:
>suddenly you're super fast
>doesn't feel as fun as exploring on foot
>always drive over small animals, triggering fights
>it's cool you can jump higher and reach some new areas tho but overall this part feels like a drag

last part, your Skell can now fly:
>game suddenly is amazing again

But oh, skell combat FUCKING SUCKS ASS
>>
File: 1497650437683.jpg (24KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
1497650437683.jpg
24KB, 640x359px
HEY NINTENDO, PORT THIS SHIT TO THE SWITCH ALREADY, I DONT WANT TO BUY A WII U
>>
>>380887856
I thought skell combat was alright. Ground combat was vastly better though, u rite.
>>
>>380881707
cool robot action
>>
>>380881707
A really good game but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is not a sequel to it. Also it's a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles but very loosely
>>
Game is pretty good, I loved it, I hated the ending though. It was so fucking stupid.
>>
>>380888217
The story was pretty bad overall. Acting was meh. But game itself is top tier excluding some of the fillery side quests that broke the pacing
>>
Autistic Probe replacement simulator in the end game.

Game is great imo, but the Skells are quite a let down and combat becomes really easy with them. Especially if you find the big weapons
>>
>>380888528
Actually the best part for me were some of the sidequests. They were seriously better written than the main storyline, and had a blast doing them.
>>
>>380888598
autistic probe simulation literally boils down to looking up the best setup online and doing that.
>>
Could a 12yo kid enjoy/play this? I'm planning to free up my Wii U's memory to install it, but it's huge and my brothers would feel "betrayed" and complain if i deleted stuff to install something they can't play
>>
Wait 15 hours and do a lot of fetch quest to get to the meat of the game, only to be disappointed by how very few things have changed gameplay wise.
>>
>>380889694
Nah, too much of a serious undertone RPG text aspect to it. It's about crashing in an alien environment and all the struggles this entails. If I were 12 again, I'd just wanna play cowadooty 2bh
>>
OVER THE RAINBOW
>>
>>380889694
Does he like Jrpgs? I loved them when I was 12.
>>
>>380890381
I wouldn't know, don't think he ever tried one

>>380890185
Figured as much. Oh well, I'll find a compromise
>>
>>380889694
>>380890579
You could just grab a cheap external HDD for it. WiiUs internal space is a joke desu
>>
>>380890698
I'm already using a 64gb SD card. Can't afford to buy more as it is. It's not a bad situation, we uninstall games we're done with (except the saves and a few selected), but Xenoblade is, what, 20 gigas? That's a lot in one hit, the closest thing is Arkham City we have with it's 18 gb
>>
Was there any actual explanation for the ending or is it just >dude Mira LMAO
>>
>>380888528
I liked the story
>>
>>380891338
It's Alven from the first game
>>
>>380891338
They set up for a sequel so I guess that's what they're gonna do. At least I hope so,
I want to do some more exploring
>>
>>380891338
It's Alven from the first game since the XCX basically states you're walking on the corpses of Bionis and Mechonis
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.