[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Why did it fail?
>>
'Tis not
>>
it didn't fail
>>
Completely shat the bed pre-launch, everything after that was an attempt to damage control, nothing was enough to fix the damage done.

Even if they managed to wrangle a dozen solid exclusive titles by year's end, nobody would buy an Xbone to play them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
>>
>>380880534
>>
>>380880534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht-0Hne4EU
>>
>>380880534
>30 million consoles sold
>billions in profit
>fail
You don't know failure.
>>
>>380880534
Mattrick, if Spencer was in charge during 2013 the xbros on /v/ would not be extinct.
>>
>>380881184
>nobody would buy an Xbone to play them.
Not true. I bought ps4 pro in 2017 because it finally got games. I'm sure people will actually a xbox one if they had actual real exclusives but then again they are pushing windows 10, so probably no more real exclusives ever again.
>>
>>380880534

Was less powerful than the competition and $100 more expensive because they tried to force the kinect on everyone.
>>
>30 million sold
>merging Xbox and Windows
>massive profit from window based PCs and Xbox live

>failure
>>
>>380881421

>Xbox
>profit

MS hasn't made a single dollar return in the history of the Xbox division.
>>
File: IMG_8881.jpg (84KB, 650x725px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8881.jpg
84KB, 650x725px
>claims to be releasing the most powerful console ever
>it's shit and not capable of doing what they claim
>almost every game they show for it are multiplats

Microsoft just doesn't get it. You need exclusives to sell a console. Whatever your opinion of the PS4 is you can't deny they were smart in investing in exclusives. That and Microsoft has insulted its customers several times.
>>
>>380882034
Truth. Even Bill Gates had said way back when he was still active in Microsoft that the Xbox was really a just for fun project that surprised even him that it went as far as it went. Then again under Bills direction the company was way more on point.
>>
Why is /v/ the only place I know of where people legitimately think no one bought an xbox?
>>
>>380882084

>You need exclusives to sell a console

Wouldn't be too sure of that, the PS2 sold gangbusters despite only having JRPGs as exclusives because it was a cheap multiplat machine. Hell, look at just about any top sellers list for consoles outside of Japan and exclusives rarely even broach the top 10.

As for insulting customers, that did far more damage than a lack of exclusives ever could.

>>380882359

Because /v/ is an echo chamber where they think that their opinions mean anything.
>>
>>380882359
An Xbox? Yeah lots of us got that. An Xbox one though you would need to get your head examined if you thought that was a sound choice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU
>>
>>380882084
This is literally what Sony did almost a year ago. Fuck your double standards faggot.
>>
>>380882463
Exclusives helped wither you wish to acknowledge or not. Not just that but Microsofts horrible treatment of eastern devs lead to the dry well of Xbox sales in Asia. Sony was very smart in that they capitalized sales from both western normies but also eastern games such as JRPGs.
>>
>>380880534
It didn't fail, but it got real bad reception because of the dumb fucks pre-Phil Spencer
>>
>>380881421
>billions
>>
TV
TV
SPORTS
KINECT
TV
ALWAYS ONLINE
$499
TV
NO GAMES
>>
>>380882708
Except they literally did none of that. Also they have exclusives while Xbone has been a sinking ship.
>>
>>380880534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU
>>
>>380882735

>Not just that but Microsofts horrible treatment of eastern devs lead to the dry well of Xbox sales in Asia.

That's more because Japs want japshit and chinks are too poor to afford xboxes, hence why most of them tend to just play LoL ripoffs and mobile games.
>>
>>380881421
Hardware is barely profitable for Nintendo, Sony and Micorsoft. It's the games that makes money.
>>
>>380882849
>let's just forget the ps4 pro happened
>the Xbox has no gaems meme
So are you going to admit you're a 16 year old retard, or should we just take it as a given?
>>
>>380882656
What is Don Mattrick doing nowadays?
>>
>>380883052
I use to think that too but I lived in Asia for year recently and I found it wasn't even close to that. Yes LoL is like a national pastime but it just came down to games that interested. Sony absolutely dominated over there. I even saw lots of PlayStation gaming centric stores and centers. Sony cast a wide net with its gaming interests and it paid off.
>>
>>380881405

Man, I remember that E3. The excitement and atmosphere was a lot different back then. It's only been 4 years. Why the fuck is E3 so bad now?
>>
>>380883223
You are a literal mongoloid.

>announces PS4 pro
>doesn't claim it's the most powerful console ever
>doesn't claim it can do 4K 60fps when it can't
>actually announce exclusives

Fucking retarded Microshill.
>>
>Games are locked to your console
>Kinect
>$100 more than PS4
>Emphasis on TV for some fucking reason.

Just straight seppuku
>>
>>380880534
Xbox Fails at having a lot of what Sony has on their consoles. Excluding backwards compatibility, Sony has the better console. They always have and always will. I'm sure the xbox1xxx360xx2x8 bros will enjoy their 4K 30fps minecraft.
>>
>>380881184
Pretty much this. I'm sure everyone appreciates that they did try to improve from that debacle afterwards. slowly and surely, but yeah.
>>
File: IMG_8880.jpg (64KB, 680x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8880.jpg
64KB, 680x581px
>>380883541
Microretards will defend Minecraft.
>>
>>380880534
>No used games and always online fiasco, forced Kinect, expensive, slower than PS4, no exclusive games, XBOX watch TV!
It's a surprise how well it sold despite being so bad
Microsoft should have used their unique position and made it usable as a regular desktio PC (albeit an underpowered one) with mouse and keyboard etc.
>>
>>380880534
It sold better than the 360, with a high attach rate and best MP exclusives this gen so far. Plus it's getting a killer revamp
>>
>>380883541
>Sony has the better console. They always have and always will
PS2 was the worst hardware of its generation, but with the largest library
360 (minus the RROD) was the better console for most of its generation, PS3 took a long, long time to pack some decent exclusives that justified getting one
>>
>>380882084

That guy is the very reason Xbox One isn't as successful as it could've been. They got way too cocky. The moment they said "no used games on Xbone" Sony won.
>>
>>380880534
Dudebros are done. Everyone thinks shooters are bad now
>>
>>380882708
Sony is definitely cocky now and will likely make a serious mistake very soon.
>>
>>380885007
this.
they moved to ps4 for cinematic experiences
>>
Xbro + PC masterrace lol

>hurp a durp get PS4 for Yakuza
fuck you
>>
>>380880534

It didn't
>>
Their first-parties are completely stagnant

>343 - The Halo guys
>Coalition - The Gears Of War guys
>Turn10 - The Forza guys
>Playground Games - The Forza Horizon guys
>Lionhead (RIP) - The Fable guys

None of the studios have been allowed to do anything different since their inceptions. They all have their one specific IP they have to keep churning out. Rare is the only company that doesn't have that.

None of the Sony studios are in that position (other than Polyphony Digital on Gran Turismo but at least that series has major gaps in between releases).
>>
Last year is when it set up its grave.
>"We are announcing all exclusives are coming to Windows 10 as well."
They probably thought it was a good idea. Well for developers it is, because that's another platform for their games to sell on. But for Xbox that was a horrible decision.
>>
File: 2ec.png (497KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
497KB, 600x580px
>>380887039
>They probably thought it was a good idea

>Implying it isn't
>>
can't fuckin wait for the x1x
>>
File: laughing_elf_driveby.jpg (220KB, 1008x600px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_elf_driveby.jpg
220KB, 1008x600px
>>380882263
>when you have so much money, you make a gaming console because it would be fun project
>>
Because Don Mattrick forced Kinect again despite the motion control fad dying with the Wii and casual gaming moving largely onto phones.

This in turn resulted in the Xbone being $100 more at launch basically pulling a Sony and shooting themselves in the foot.
>>
File: thTKVFX2XX.jpg (6KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
thTKVFX2XX.jpg
6KB, 251x200px
>>380890474
Kinect is good for more than just motion control though. It's basically an echo
>>
File: xlarge-620x.jpg (28KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
xlarge-620x.jpg
28KB, 620x349px
>>380881184
Yeah and by now it is too late.

MS should just ride this gen out and try again. Thing is even if they make a console as good as Sony they'll still lose. They have to make something BETTER. And hope Sony fucks up again.
>>
>>380882359
Because there are non Americans on /v/?
>>
>>380892329
They had the right idea. But kinect was shit.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.