[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poor drunk polack's Neverwinter Nights 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 664-1-1383318713.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
664-1-1383318713.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Poor drunk polack's Neverwinter Nights 2
>>
Can I get an honest answer as to why this game is so good? I've tried picking up all theee Witcher games and the combat is what holds me back, the story being merely okay doesn't help either. Is it really just the tits?
>>
NWN 2 was a cruddy game. Polacks did a good job.
>>
>>380874240
It's only good for the drunken bants. That's it.
>>
Actually witcher uses the neverwinter nights 1 engine not 2.
>>
>>380874240
>Can I get an honest answer as to why this game is so good?
Fantastic environments and solid settings, great art direction, writing, characters, stories varying from decent to great (which is far above the average for the medium), great soundtrack, good choices and consequences, and in the case of the first game, some really good quest design.
In general, they are beautiful and charming, very atmospheric and pretty difficult to put down once you'll start getting invested in the stories that they present.
But they have always been seriously flawed in the mechanical department: ranging from pretty bad to just passable at the absolute best. People with more patience and curiosity will enjoy them, people aiming for mechanical and immediate gratification probably won't, especially when it comes to the first two. The third one is more-or-less inoffensive mechanically.
>>
>>380874608
Witcher used a modify version of the NWN engine, as did NWN2.
>>
>>380873675
>>380874479
It's neverwinter 1 aurora engine actually
>>
>>380875039
nwn1 used aurora engine
nwn2 used electron engine
witcher uses aurora engine
>>
>>380875017
I won't argue that the setting and music are great. Most of the sidequests however feel very Bethesda-y, despite the characters being more interesting. I'm not one to fall for the "open world" meme as I think opening the worlds up more is what almost every franchise needs (except like horror) but there's so much potential and most of them fall short. BotW, any Rockstar game and the Witcher series have been the only games to try and progress the open world in gaming.
>>
>>380875383
>electron engine
modified aurora engine
>witcher uses aurora engine
a rewritten version
>>
>>380875593
Electron was complete overhaul of aurora engine while the witcher engine had rendering module programmed from scratch by cdpr.
Saying that Witcher used newerwinter nights 2 engine is factually incorrect. They didn't have access to improvements that obsidian made to aurora engine which is electron.
>>
>>380875854
>Saying that Witcher used newerwinter nights 2 engine is factually incorrect.
Nobody was saying that, dumbass.
>>
>>380875854
>improvements
You mean enabling more gender choices?
>>
>>380875997
Kill yourself
>>
>>380875532
>Most of the sidequests however feel very Bethesda-y,
They really, really aren't. Unless you refer to the famous Oblivion special quests - in which case kinda, but those are actually often praised and just about the sole interesting thing about that game.

I think there is somewhat of a completely unrealistic expectations from quests in RPG's these days, especially when it comes to action-oriented RPG's. When people complain about Beth-quests: it really isn't because of the mechanical complexity: it's because they are uninteresting stories.

Yeah, you could argue that Fallout 2 or Arkanum had complex quests that involved various possible puzzle-solving opportunities, but you CAN'T do that in a game like Witcher, so expecting that is really rather pointless. Which is not to say that things could not be improved - they always can be. It's just that the comparison to Beth's cursed quests (which mostly comes from Skyrim and Fallout 4, as again, Oblivion and even a handful of Fallout 3 quests were... at least interesting) seems misleading.
>>
File: 1395077698913.png (271KB, 457x632px) Image search: [Google]
1395077698913.png
271KB, 457x632px
>>380876183
Don't be like that anon...
>>
and it's fucking great
>>
>>380876329
>When people complain about Beth-quests: it really isn't because of the mechanical complexity: it's because they are uninteresting stories.
Hand-holding isn't an important point, definitively not.
>>
>>380877192
>Hand-holding isn't an important point, definitively not.
So first of all the first two TW games don't exactly hold your hand, and second of all: not really. No. There is a problem that is associated with the hand-holding, but the hand-holding is not really the main problem.
>>
>>380876352
weeb
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.