[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So where are all the great AAA third party games? It will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: pane1.jpg (18KB, 460x200px) Image search: [Google]
pane1.jpg
18KB, 460x200px
So where are all the great AAA third party games? It will be just like the WiiU. Nintendo will give us amazing games but there won't be much third party support. There will be some indie games and maybe a handful of games other consoles will have like the WiiU had first but thats all. PLEASE prove me wrong because I really like what Nintendo is doing but why shouldn't it be just like WiiU all over again this time?
>>
Hopefully now that the Switch's popularity is established the multiplat AAA devs will dust off their Switch dev kits and develop with Switch in mind.
I feel that having console-quality games on the go is a real selling point, even if the graphics are somewhat gimped. Hopefully devs feel the same way.
>>
>>380870884
okay
>>
>>380871690

Well the WiiU flopped because it was only Nintendo games. Tell me about all those non Nintendo games the Switch will get.
>>
>>380872336
portability
>>
>>380872428
this
wiiU flopped because it was
>retarded concept, since you couldn't play too far away it was just a gimmick
>confused with wii
>3DS was still strong
now switch is fully portable, cannot be confused with anything else and eventually will replace 3DS
also I don't recall wiiU having such a strong lineup in its first year, and switch does
>>
>>380870884
They are comming anon. Have faith in Nintendo I'm sure they learned from there mistakes. I mean DBZ was the most talked about game of E3 there is no way Nintendo would pass up a game like that. I just want new games not ports.
>>
>>380872730
I already have a PC to play that shit
>>
>>380872720
Developers are already putting more effort into ports, it will be much easier to develop for than the Wii U. We won't get every title but I'm certain we will see more in the coming year.
>>
>>380872428
2 hour battery life and easily scratched screen. Literally garbage
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-17+at+12.53.11).png (78KB, 924x405px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-17+at+12.53.11).png
78KB, 924x405px
>>380871217
I remember when people said the same about the Wii U.
>>
Are there even any games coming out on the Switch that's worth buying the console for? I haven't played a Zelda game since WW, but it isn't backwards compatible, right? I.e. no TP, SS and Metroid Prime trilogy
The only games I've seen that mmakes me want the console is BOTW and the upcoming Metroid Prime
>>
>>380875360
lol nice memepost
>>
>>380870884
Well I just bought Shantae and Disgaea 5, never played disgaea before but the demo had me hooked gonna enjoy playing this on my break at work. Shantae a classic of course, i got loads of others too tetris/puyopop and Bomberman. These are alongside my main nintendo games iv'e purchased too, Zelda twice, got the jap version too and MAriokart! Never enjoyed gaming so much in years
>>
>>380872730
None of them are coming to the switch. Maybe other titles though.
>>
>>380870884
Third parties don't want to develop on an under powered console. Switch is already at a much better place than the Wii U, but a lot of time and effort would have to be done to port and downgrade a game to put it on Switch.
>>
>>380877310
Your post made me smile. I'm glad you're having fun.
>>
>>380877310
I'm sad that i can't get into turn based strategy games. They are just too hard for me and they seem a bit boring? Especially the japanese ones, i kinda enjoyed Xcom,though, if that counts. Also, shame about Shantae being so short
>>
I am getting fifa 18 and Skyrim for it
>>
there is an app in development that is supposed to let you stream games from your PC to the switch
>>
>>380874282
So then you have a PC to play all the ports the switch is getting.

>>380877595
Are these comming?
>>
3 M O N T H S

The developers will still need to learn how to use this and even then EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda have all now shown interest in the console. They will need time before they can start fully porting games again.

We already have confirmation on one major game this year (BG&E2) being ported.
>>
>>380870884
Silly anon. You get a Switch for the awesome Nintendo 1st party games and a PC for the multi-plats.
>>
>>380880289
BG,E2?
>>
>>380870884
>where are the third party games
>>380874282
>but I'd play them on PC anyway
You people just want to shitpost.
>>
>>380880493
Beyond Good & Evil 2
>>
>>380880310
literally the argument made for the wii u; are you old enough to remember the gamecube, anon? all the big multiplats showed up on ps2, xbox, and gamecube, and it was a big reason why the console did as well as it did. most consumers don't buy two consoles. /v/ is a minority of devoted hobbyists.
>>
File: 4 million copies sold.jpg (51KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
4 million copies sold.jpg
51KB, 355x500px
Now that Switch is a success, you can bet third parties are rushing to push out shovelware that Switch owners will have to buy because aside from the glacial trickle of Nintendo games, it'll be all Switch gets.
>>
Video games dont make in weeks you fags.

all games releasing this year already planned that from year ago.

expect third party games for next year
>>
>>380880501
>You people just want to shitpost.
lol jelly

I'm not the one making 50 switch shitpost threads every day.
>>
>>380880806
Yes, I remember the Gamecube, certainly better than you, and yes, of course no 3rd party will hurt the console, but that's my only concern about it. I don't plan on getting any 3rd party games on the Switch unless I can't get them on PC.
I'm ok with Nintendo being a niche thing as long as they can sustain themselves.
>>
>>380870884
If it's popular it will be like the Wii. Tons of crap, few good third party games and barely any AAA multiplats because of it's shitty specs.
>>
It can't be that fucking complicated to downgrade graphics for the switch. It's no excuse for not to port it. Most games on PC have a fucking graphic slider in the options. Just give that bar to your whiny développers god damn it.
>>
>>380880989
This was inevitable anyway. It's already a tablet.
>>
>>380881658
My favorite response "I'm ok with Nintendo being shit"
>>
>>380870884
>Wanting to play the inferior-console version of a game
Anon please, you buy nintendo consoles to play nintendo games
>>
>>380870884
They're trying to recreate the Wii with Switch. Good marketing, great first party lineup from launch onward, and as they sell more consoles, AAA devs will prob start to come over. Not every game of course, but some eventually will. (Ex: Code Vein could prob run on switch but is currently not coming, but if Switch sells a ton before it's out, they might start trying to bring it over)
>>
File: 1426158267870[1] (2).jpg (414KB, 1512x853px) Image search: [Google]
1426158267870[1] (2).jpg
414KB, 1512x853px
>>380882187
lol nice revisionism
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.