[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the PC port so fucking bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

How is the PC port so fucking bad?
>>
sjw hires prioritizing "equality" over a fucking videogame
>>
>>380869853
Idk, but turning on V-sync @60hz and enabling borderless windowed mode allowed me to play on High settings with minimal screen tearing.

It still runs poorly
>>
File: spec3m.png (62KB, 802x566px) Image search: [Google]
spec3m.png
62KB, 802x566px
works for me™
>>
>>380869853
Using ZA WARUDO and doing whatever is enjoyable, I much prefer Corvo to Emily.
>>
I ended up turning my autism off and enjoying it at 45/55 fps. It was surprisingly smooth.

Still incredibly disappointing that such an average looking game runs like ass.
>>
>>380871032
>>380871032
Dunno about that, turning into a killer shadow was hella neat and setting up different people to be murdered at the exact same time had its charm. Doppelganger was mostly a waste of time, though. Her charm spell was very OP but doesn't necessarily offer much in terms of gameplay variety.
>>
File: 1497715115407.jpg (301KB, 701x1649px) Image search: [Google]
1497715115407.jpg
301KB, 701x1649px
>>380869853
they were too busy shoving fags in their mediocre game in order to appeal to 1% of population
>>
Is the Daud DLC in D1 any good? I fucking hate Daud, so I don't really feel like playing it.
>>
>>380871406
Why do you hate Daud so much if you haven't played his DLC yet?
And yes, Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are objectively better than the base game.
Better levels, better writing, better powers.
>>
>>380871323
>>380870121
You guys should just fuck off to /pol/, it's clear you didn't even play the damn game if you think there's any kind of social agenda on it.
>>
>>380871406
I don't like him either, but the DLCs are fantastic. And the story in the second game continues from them, so it's better to play them anyway.
>>
Apparently, Arkane really struggled with the engine from the start. The Void engine is apparently based on Id Tech 5, which scales very poorly, and Arkane was not experienced with it even in the slightest. That, in combination with the game being developed by the less experienced of the two Arkane developer houses seem to be the main explanation.

Hardly an excuse though.
>>380870121
>>380871323
This is beyond pathetic, really. You managed to turn a discussion about fucking performance into another tirade about political bullshit you don't even understand very well. This place really makes even tumbler look reasonable these days.
>>
Sorry, goy. We were too busy adding more lesbians and crippled niggers into your game.
>>
>>380871320
>Doppelganger was mostly a waste of time, though
not true. if you combine it with Domino you can connect your clone to a person you want to kill/subdue and then just kill/subdue the clone.
>>
>>380871625
Base game Daud is a fucking asshole.

>I feel bad for killing the Empress
>But I'm still going to sell Corvo to Emily's second kidnappers
>I feel regretful so it magically makes everything better
>I want to retire, maybe after I destroy everything Corvo holds dear

Literally make up your mind, fucking stop being an assassin, so stop pretending to be "reluctant" and you gleefully wage war on Corvo.
>>
>>380871812
That second article is pretty fucking disgusting though, provided it's real.
>>
I know this is a good game outside of the performance but is a playtrough with both characters worth it or are those playtroughs really similar?
>>
>>380872006
First of all, there is nothing particularly disgusting about the things that Smiths says, second of all I don't know what you would expect from a medium called "Pink News" exactly. It might be worth checking out the actual source, apparently a Game Informer interview to see the thing in full context if it matters to you so much (it shouldn't), but really, I don't find anything particularly disagreeable with them saying "yeah, we do have non-straight characters, but it's ultimately a fast paced action game and we don't want to put too much emphasis on these things".

That said, stop being such god-damn fucking drama queens. If you have AN ACTUAL problem with the SJW movement and with the actual threat of radical left to society, this is the absolute fucking worst way to go around it. At worst you are unknowingly supporting their cause (or at least becoming equally as negative force as they are), at best you are wasting your time and attention on things not worth it.
>>
I played the demo recently.

4590k + 970 memecard
Played on max. settings in 1080p. Tried playing with FXAA since the AA seems to have a big impact on performance, but the game looks like shit with it.
Indoor scenes are all a stable 60 fps, outdoors it varies between 40-55.
Tried resolution scaling but it's very noticeable and doesn't help all that much.
If you leave V-sync on, the game will limit framerate to 30 fps the second it falls below 55, so turn that shit off. Having to switch between 60 and 30 fps is much more jarring than the occassional dips.
Overall I think it's very much playable, it's just that a game that looks like Dishonored 2 should run like a dream.
>>
>>380871812
>tirade about political bullshit
AND devs turned their focus on sending a political message while ignoring the performance. wow its almost like nintendo is right when they say we just want people to have fun.
>>
>>380872710
It's in quotation marks, doesn't really matter where the article's from when he straight up says they deliberately added more gays.
>>
>>380873270
>AND devs turned their focus on sending a political message while ignoring the performance.
They really did not. This is LYING. Like straight up: you are lying about something because your obsessive insecurity drives you to interpret the world exclusively in political fashion and in such a way that rationalizes everything as a direct threat towards you from an evil oppressive group of nebulous enemies.

And does that not remind you of somebody?

>>380873359
And that is a problem how?
>>
>>380871320
Honestly I wish I got that power sooner on Emily, I didn't realise it would be that good, I mostly just used Domino on her.
>>
Id tech 5.
>>
File: 1497666280536 (1).png (898KB, 2575x1575px) Image search: [Google]
1497666280536 (1).png
898KB, 2575x1575px
>>380873525
>your obsessive insecurity drives you to interpret the world exclusively in political fashion
you just described liberals lmao here have a (you) I'll be playing Mario the mariachi while you cucks play political shit with horrible performance.
>>
File: 1468689687177.jpg (58KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468689687177.jpg
58KB, 667x800px
>>380869853
Its acualy far better than the consoles.

Its just that PC users have such high standards compared to consoles they think a game drooping from 60-50 fps is shit port.

While console users can tolerate drops from 30-24.
>>
>>380869853
They spent too much time thinking about how they could appease Anita and not enough time actually making the game work properly.
>>
>>380873525
stay mad faggot
or rather, go back to whichever soapbox recruited you to spread your bullshit here
>>
>>380869853
Who cares? Dishonored was never good so it's not like you're missing out.
>>
>>380871812
Pretty much, it was engine problems. Prey runs on CryEngine and much better as a result.
>>
>>380873747
>>380874081
I think you've kinda proven my point here.
>>
>>380874210
But there is a reason to worry about performance of the new Wolfenstein game, which runs on the same engine.
But it's not like anyone will care about people will just be throwing more political tantrums and blaming SJW for poor coding instead...
>>
>>380872318
I did a Corvo playthrough right after an Emily playthrough. Both low chaos, tho I generally tried to go ways I didn't go the first time I did the level.

Obviously the levels are the same (although differences can happen, like on every different playthough the Duke and his double will move around the palace) but overall, if you're using powers beyond Blink/Far Reach it's still fun. Don't do it if you wanna check out how one character react in a situation because they often have basically the same line.
>>
>>380870194
First of all there shouldnt be a single tear throughout the whole game and secondly borderless already enables windows' vsync (unless aero is disabled)
>>
>>380874220
This post reminds of that old ass /b/ macro about chess with pigeons.
>>
Because idtech5 and MEGATEXTURES
>>
>>380874210
I think it was more inexperience seeing it as was a new engine for Arkane. Weird part is it was built precisely for their needs with larger levels you can traverse in one go without loading separators. Maybe they just did a shoddy job with id5 tech upon which Void engine is based on? We'll never know.
>>
>>380874548
>there shouldnt be a single tear throughout the whole game
lots of people die in dishonored universe, somebody is gonna cry
>>
>>380874947
>lots of people die in dishonored universe, somebody is gonna cry
Considering Arkane's infamously bad writing, the world is populated exclusively by cardbord cutouts and robots poorly posing for humans. I don't think there is anyone with the capacity to cry in a single Arkane game.
Well, maybe the nice chick from Adventures of Sir Kicksalot.
>>
>>380874909
I think it's likely that id Tech5 wasn't their own choice, it's Bethesda who want to go EA's way and give the same solutions to all their dev teams.
But as it was said before, that doesn't excuse the shitty performance.
>>
>>380875294
Way to miss the fucking joke, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>380870121
I hate sjws but this post is really retarded
>>
They let that French fuck direct the game by himself while Harvey Smith made Prey.

Harvey would have never let this happen.
>>
>>380875321
>I think it's likely that id Tech5 wasn't their own choice, it's Bethesda who want to go EA's way and give the same solutions to all their dev teams.
Well not necessarily for uniformity, considering that they allowed the other half of Arkane to use Cryengine for Prey. Unreal 3 was outdated and trying to bring it up to snatch would be inefficient. It did sound from some of the less formal interviews that Id5 was pushed on Arkane but it may have been more because Bethesda wanted to boast it out and thought that Id Software could be used for technical support, and underestimated the amount of problems that would emerge. Or maybe it was just a lack of forsight of Arkane and when they realized the amount of additional workload they created for themselves, it was too late to switch? God only knows. Either way, they fucked up.
>>
>>380875891
its the opposite, harvey made dishonored 2 while the french fuck made prey
>>
>>380874438
I'm willing to guess they only added Corvo later on because they were afraid people wouldn't want to play as Amily.
>>
>Dishonored DLC
>Play Daud, a character most people liked, who was competent in what he did and who genuinel regretted what he did

>Dishonored 2 DLC
>Play as Billie, a NPC no one really cared for in the DLC or in the main game, who takes the role of Samuel without being as likeable as him

They'll have to really up their game on the levels and powers available to make me wanna play this.
>>
File: 1291436144820.gif (2MB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1291436144820.gif
2MB, 245x230px
>now we fight the duel that no two others can fight. Against the ticking of the clock.
>>
>>380869853
didn't it get better after some patches?
>>
>>380876221
>I'm willing to guess they only added Corvo later on because they were afraid people wouldn't want to play as Amily.
There is absolutely no reason to assume that. If anything I would be more logical to assume they added Emily because they realized that there is apparently a call for these kinds of things in the industry. But it's still most logical to assume that they started the development with the intention for the player to chose.
>>
>>380869853
it's not just PC, it runs like shit on consoles too, just watch Digital Foundry's video
>>
>>380869853
Works on my machine
>>
>>380876564
I remember the first cinematic trailer showed Emily(Amily? Forgot, it's been a while) so she was always planned.
>>
>>380876245
>who genuinely regretted what he did

Only with the DLC. Seriously, I can't understand why he was so popular pre-DLC.

>I feel so bad
>I don't want to fight anymore
>Hey, I see Corvo
>TIME TO SEND ALL MY ASSASSINS AFTER HIM AND IF HE SURVIVES I CAN KILL HIM MYSELF FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON
>HAHAHAHA BUT IF I FEEL GUILTY WHILE DOING IT, IT MAKES ME A DEEP CHARACTER
>>
>>380869853
The entire engine was a mess it was basically a Frankenstein Idtech 5 engine, the console versions struggle to even hold 30FPS.

It was pretty obvious seeing the switch to cryengine 5 for Prey even they knew it was shit.
>>
>>380876639
oh that makes it okay then
>>
Works fine for me. Hopefully Death of the Outsider has a better launch though, the optimization issues probably hurt sales a lot.

If I had to guess, I'd say Idtech5 was the major issue. Didn't Wolfenstein also use it? That one had poor optimization too.
>>
Did anyone else feel like the nonlethal route was more of an afterthought in dishonored 2? Seems like it was a lot harder to do things without killing people, even harder to ghost. Also does anyone else think the hardest difficulty is a little bullshit or is that just me?
>>
>>380877520
You need to git gud son.

Dishonored 2 was indeed harder than the first one, mostly because they improved the AI. However, I still managed to complete it in low chaos the first time and also did a ghost run later without a problem. I can also admit I'm pretty shit at videogames since I never manage to play stuff like Dark Souls or Bloodborne.
>>
built on top of id Tech 5, which was a complete disgrace.
>>
>>380878138
I consider myself to be pretty good at stealth games, the AI just seems weird in this game. One time I was hiding in the corner of a dark room, a guard leaned his head in and spotted me without looking. Maybe I just got too used to the cone vision from Dishonored
>>
>>380878138

They didn't really improve the AI. They just gave the AI giant fuck-off vision cones on the highest difficulty.
>>
>>380877357

Denuvo is what hurt the sales a lot, and the poor performance at release wasn't a great indicator either.
>>
>>380878470
One of the main complaints about the first Dishonored was how easy it was even on the hardest difficulty. I'm guessing that's why they made it harder for the sequel.
>>
>>380877137
People liked him cause he had a bit more depth that your other targets, and his powers made him an interesting mirror to Corvo.

You say you think his conduct contradictory. I think he simply assumed Corvo would be coming for him sooner and later and even if he regretted what he did he wasn't about to let himself get killed for it.
>>
Too bad it is such a ugly game and still runs like shit
It looks just like dishonored 1 with slightly improvement, no one should buy that unfinished mess.
Just pirate it
>>
>>380878885
>It looks just like dishonored 1 with slightly improvement,
You need to take off the nostalgia glasses and play the first DH again. DH2 looks much, much better.

The optimization is pretty shit though, yeah.
>>
>>380879198
>Nostalgia
>Dishonored, a game only a few years old
Are you retarded?
>>
>>380879198
>nostalgia for a 5 year old game
What
>>
>>380879198
What nostalgia are you talking about newfag, it wasn't even a good game anyway.
Slight texture improvement and improved shadows doesn't make it a lot better.
>>
>>380879198
it looks like shit on consoles. especially xone.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.