[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter 5 / World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 25

File: 1422155598492.jpg (385KB, 1962x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1422155598492.jpg
385KB, 1962x1080px
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/84734/monster-hunter-4-ultimate/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85569/monster-hunter-x/
>50% decrease in sales from MH4U to MHG
>While JP sales increased

I don't give a damn about the whole shitstorm about consoles. I just wanna know why there's that much decline in the west when it comes to Generations.
Is it because the western market wants Mainline games? Or is it just that handhelds are diminishing in popularity? If it turns out to be both then Capcom made the right move to promote a Mainline game on consoles for global release.
Thoughts?
>>
the whole "the west gets a MH game!" novelty wore off
the same thing will happen to worlds
>>
Gen is a shit game.
>>
>>380869254
Probably because no one knows generations exists or because the actually established fanbase didn't want recycled content dating back from ps2 days
>>
>>380869254
Western gamers are a little more shrewd with their money.
It was clear that Generations/X was the HR version of the G rank game that was XX, so a lot of players held off and waited for XX.
Capcom saw that as a lack of interest and are now withdrawing "Japan style" monhun and pushing this new Western style

Sucks, doesn't it?
>>
I think Generations just came out too close to 4U. A lot of people were just coming down from playing that to its fullest still I feel like.
>>
>>380869254
Because it was a side game. Only in Nipland will you see a slavish devotion to buying literally everything a series has to offer. Also blame hacking, not against pirating or anything but I'm a firm believer that they lost a ton of sales because of the Western mentality of why the fuck should I pay full price for a spin off that came out close to MH4U?

Long and short mainline will sell well here, spinoffs won't.
>>
>>380869460
It wore off for the handhelds. Can't say the same thing to Worlds it's a multiplat now.
Don't forget that nostalgiafags are creaming over the fact that MonHun is now "back where it belongs."
We'll see.
>>
>>380869608
>Capcom saw that as a lack of interest and are now withdrawing "Japan style" monhun and pushing this new Western style
Since when is Monhun divided in to "Japan styel" and "Western style"? Be it mainline or spinoff it still sold like hotcakes in Japan.
>>
>>380869901
>back where it belongs
A PS4 and Switch release would have been the most profitable release that Capcom would have done. PS4 with some graphical improvements while Switch has portability.
In that way it would cater to both the gen 1/2 and gen 3/4 markets while at the same time cattering to both the japanese handheld market and console western one. Maybe a PC release later too for Frontier fans. But
>Xbox One
Lmao. Well, Capcom can do whatever it wants.
>>
>>380870216
There wasn't a divide until they announced World, that's why I put it in quotes because I just made it up.
If you look at the leaked World gameplay, there are several Western elements like voiced tutorials over every action and a guide that leads you to the monster. The animations are also much slower.
That's why I call this "Western Style", no other reason.
>>
>>380869254
Because it was a fucking rehash that should have been DLC that's why
>>
>>380869254
Not enough time inbetween. Also previously we only got 3U and 4U on the handheld, but then suddenly we didn't get XU (aka XX) but only X)

People in the west were at this point used to only getting the ultimate edition with G rank
>>
>>380870381
And this is why I think that the Sony rumor where they paid Capcom to not bring it to Switch is not unfounded. With a PS4 Monster Hunter release that does not release on the Switch, Sony gets much closer to monopolizing the japanese market while giving a big hit to a console that is quite new.
Well I don't blame them, its a very smart business decision and I bet every company does it.
>>
MH4U is probably the best MH game in the series.

it is also the definitive version of MH4 so westerners bought it with no feeling that an upgraded version would come out later/

generations is just a rehash of 4, quests/story were worse and it wasnt even the final version.
>>
>>380870225
Playing handheld's in public in some Babydick type shit to be honest, and that whole "I-I don't care!!! I'm confident in myself!!" BS is just things people say when they get caught in the act of being autistic. Having a small phallus really impact's your ability to read social situations.

I actually did spit on someone who was playing thier 3ds in public. I'm pretty sure they noticed but didn't say anything lol, fucking pussy.
>>
>>380871712
I think the autistic one here is you, mate.
>>
Can't wait for Steam forums
>where is the lock on
>please increase drop rates
>my weapon feels underpowered, what am I doing wrong
>increase time limit!
>>
>>380869254
Sequel sales tend to be a reflection of the prior game's reception. Game 2 is bad, game 3 sells poorly. Game 3 is amazing, game 4 sells amazingly. Game 4 is bad, game 5 sells poorly.

Monster Hunter is simply not an easily likeable game. You can argue because it's "hardcore", or because it's a single player MMO, or because it's just not interesting, or simply a bad game, but the take away is that it's not something most people like, thus the drop. A bunch of hype was built up for MH4, it come out with mass sales, turns out people don't like MH, and the follow up sells poorly. The end. Notice, in japan, the follow up games all sold on part with MH4, save XX, because japan, for a variety of reasons, likes MH. USA does not, and it reflects in sales.

I think capcom realized this and MHW was born from that, thus the westerner friendly push for world. Whether capcom understands what that means in execution, or can accomplish that while preserving the "charm" of the game, are other matters.
>>
>>380870381
>Switch release
I'm a little sad about this because now I'm used to MH being portable. The Devs said that they want this to look as "next gen" as possible so maybe they gotta cut corners on portability and focus on graphical improvement instead.
>>Xbox One
Not a strange move if they want MHW to take on wider market. At this point, I just want more people to know the joys of beating the shit out of monsters.

>>380871091
Or maybe they don't want it to be gimped to shit because the specs isn't on par with PC and the 2 other consoles? I think they're taking a different approach to MH when it comes to Switch and handhelds in the future.
>>
>>380869254
Why would you ever buy a Monster Hunter game without G rank?
>>
>>380869254
>50% decrease in sales from MH4U to MHG

/v/ on charge on percentages
>>
>>380871849
How am I autistic you 1 inch bitch?!?!?

Playing handheld's in public outs you as a retard, I was completely justified in my actions. And since he was too much of a fucking beta back bitch to fight back, it's clear to me that he was probably used to it, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>380872347
>specs isn't on par with PC
PC will obviously have settings to adjust. And the usual is that PCs that are weaker than the PS4 will be able to run it because of that, its their own choice to not port it to the Switch. If it is possible for DQ XI and so many other ports, why isn't it possible for the Switch?
>>
>>380872652
>I was completely justified in my actions
Here you go, this is how you're autistic. Your complete lack of empathy or even disdain for someone random you meet on the streets.
Now I'll stop answering because I know this is some shitty bait, so fuck off and go spit on some more kids on the streets.
>>
>>380872347
>look next gen
Are you kidding me? The game looks like shit, what excuse is this?
>>
>20fps handheld
>no g-rank
>too many gimmicks
>literally everyone knows the g rank version will follow

Capcbros need to just make full blown all in games with all the monsters, all the guild ranks, all the quests and none of the gimmicks if they want to sell in the west
>>
It's because westerners aren't fucking retarded and know to wait for the G rank version of a game.
>>
File: monhunoptimal.png (2MB, 2000x903px) Image search: [Google]
monhunoptimal.png
2MB, 2000x903px
It's been over 5 years since I've last played a MonHun. I'm very excited to return to comfiness levels that shouldn't be legal. I've liked very much what I've seen so far.
>>
>>380873058
It would look like double shit with half the resolution and frames if it was on switch.
>>
So seriously console wars aside,what happens if it sells less than the past few 3ds titles?
>>
Monster Hunter
2004/3/11
PS2 - 288,559

Monster Hunter G
2005/1/20
PS2 - 237,393
Wii - 236,020

Monster Hunter Portable
2005/12/1
PSP - 1,122,604

Monster Hunter 2(Dos)
2006/2/16
PS2 - 692,228

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd
2007/2/22
PSP - 1,723,187

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
2008/3/27
PSP - 4,206,723

Monster Hunter 3(Tri)
2009/8/1
Wii - 1,077,273

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
2010/12/1
PSP - 4,801,854
PS3 - 441,375

Monster Hunter 3(Tri)G
2011/12/10
3DS - 1,924,664
WiiU - 221,586

Monster Hunter 4
2013/9/14
3DS - 3,556,119

Monster Hunter 4G
2014/10/11
3DS - 2,594,453

Monster Hunter Cross
2015/11/28
3DS - 2,816,712

Monster Hunter Double Cross
2017/3/18
3DS - 1,570,653

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura
2010/8/26
PSP - 583,536

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura G
2011/8/10
PSP - 245,210

Airou Puzzle
2012/7/19
PSP - 10,093

Monhan Nikki Poka Poka Airou Mura DX
2015/9/10
3DS - 112,317

Monster Hunter Stories
2016/10/08
3DS - 297,206

PSP - 11,854,368 (not including spinoffs, 4 games, staggered releases)
3DS - 12,462,601 (not including spinoffs, 5 games, back to back releases )
>>
>>380873668
>"Optimal"
>Forced to use a shitty claw grip to control camera, move, and attack at the same time

The switch to 3DS massively improved the controls.
>>
>>380872653
>If it is possible for DQ XI and so many other ports, why isn't it possible for the Switch?
DQ XI doesn't seem to be a heavy game to run since it's also on 3DS so maybe it's an easy port? I dunno. I'm not a developer for MHW so I really dunno what makes them think it's not gonna cut it on Switch. I mean, it does use MT Framework, the engine that enabled DMC4 to run even on toasters.
>>
>240p
>handheld
>grindy as fuck
>retarded mechanics like flexing and running out of zones

As much as western gamers have plenty of their own faults, at least they generally don't accept shitty mechanics and Korea-tier grind.

I've played almost every mainline MH game, they're fun but they really really could use some reshaping, which is what World seems to be doing.
>>
>>380869254
The first World is going to be good but give it a couple more releases to ward off the entire fanbase.

They are going to change things around so much that it will become a completely different game with a Monster Hunter skin.
>>
>>380873972
Same thing that happened when 3DS titles sold less than the PSP titles, it continues to get more games.
>>
>>380869254
It's because Westerners aren't willing to buy the same game twice when it's a japanese series. Normies will gladly buy fifa a billion times over because we're used to it. Capcom brought over monster hunter which was interesting, released like 4 games that were all essentially the same thing and the honeymoon period wore off. Everyone who really loved the idea of monster hunter was going to buy it regardless, they bought it all the time no matter what. But the new players? They ditched. They said "Well this looks just like the game that came out on wii/3DS".
>>
>>380874130
3DS attacks are with the shoulder buttons? If not, what's the difference? I'd imagine the right c-stick controls camera and if ABXY is attack etc. You'd still need to share camera and attack with one thumb.
>>
>>380874035
>Portable 2nd G and 3rd still the ones with the highest sales.

>I-IT SOLD MORE ON 3DS GUISE!!!
>>
>>380874130
Are you okay anon?
>>
>>380874137
The 3ds version seems to have a completely different engine so I don't know about that. The reason why most devs don't port to the Switch or ported to the Wii U is because, as their specs AND demographic were very different, it wasn't worth the costs of the port. But in this case it is totally worth it for Capcom to port it to the Switch (or heck, evne the 3ds) due to the portable market in Japan. That's why it is very weird for them not do so.
Still, its true that this game has been in development way before the Switch dev kits were given out, so we should wait for a statement from Capcom on why there is no Switch version or if there will be. Either way, it does seem very fishy to me.
>>
>>380874453
The right stick is above the ABXY buttons, so you can use the middle of your thumb to keep attacking while turning the camera with the tip of your thumb. Can't do that on the Shita.
>>
>>380872652
trying too hard, here's your (you).

>>380869254
Gen was definitely worse than 4U, but is vgchartz really a reliable source? Thought it was a discredited site.
>>
>>380874482
>I'm too stupid to recognize the massive boom of waifu collection mobage!
>>
>>380869254
By the time MHG came out to the west anyone who would have bought it already knew about MHXX and held out for it.
>>
>>380875160
MHXX was announced in late October 2016 while MH Gen was released in July 2016
>>
>>380869254
Because people aren't stupid. If your produce requires someone to invest hundreds of hours into it and become enveloped in your design, don't you think people would pay attention to it's overall marketing? The people who are interested in monster Hunter want the full experience. They want G rank, and they don't want to buy the game twice. They KNOW this is how monster hunter works.
>>
>>380874789
I don't remember where I read it but I know for sure that in some interview the devs kept dodging questions when it comes to localizing XX and how they're currently focusing on MHW. Pretty weird stuff.
If only I can find that shit.
>>
>>380872929
First of all, you little dick bitch. He wasn't a kid, he was a full grown adult using a fucking children's toy in the middle of the fucking bus. I knew exactly what I was doing when I spit on him, he deserved it, and he deserved it even more for taking like a little bitch. Don't get on this little penis protection squad type shit. I probably did him a favor, he won't use his 3ds in public ever agian, I promise you that.
>>
File: Flex Pose.jpg (61KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Flex Pose.jpg
61KB, 600x800px
Flexing is ______
>>
>>380876763
Gone. Sadly.
>>
Yeah I had just finished sinking hundreds of hours into G rank 4U when generations came out. When I saw that it was just low to high rank, I opted out.

I'd totally be on board buying multiples because I'm a drone, but I had a feeling this would happen.
>>
>>380871091
>Sony gets much closer to monopolizing the japanese market
Not gonna happen. Japs don't buy console games.
It'll sell a million copies in Japan, 1.5 max.
>>
File: you little shit.png (174KB, 268x305px) Image search: [Google]
you little shit.png
174KB, 268x305px
>tfw projared said flexing was stupid
>>
>>380872347
>The Devs said that they want this to look as "next gen" as possible
They aren't doing a good job of that.
>>
>>380876763
A way to make a necessary movement penalty quirky and fitting to the monster hunter vibe
>>
If they wanted a western Monster Hunter so badly, why did they let Lost Planet die?
>>
>>380877593
Didn't he also defend it in the past? I just feel like he and Gaijinhunter just shill for whatever Capcom chooses to do.
The weirdest thing he said was when someone asked him what he felt about MHXX not coming to the west and he was like "I don't care about MHXX now after playing MHW". It's like he said exactly what Capcom wanted to promote MHW while downplaying a game that he knows many wanted.
>>
File: 1426698305252.png (324KB, 782x501px) Image search: [Google]
1426698305252.png
324KB, 782x501px
>mfw I skipped Generations and then announced MHXX
>>
>>380877891
You don't get far in this industry without sucking a few dicks, pal
>>
>>380877860
they want to try to make a game that both japan and the west will buy. not one game for the west and one for japan. capcom is fucking broke dick.
>>
>>380877891
Or maybe MHW is just so good he forget all about that shitty naruto spin-off.
>>
File: anime.png (698KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
anime.png
698KB, 960x960px
>>
>>380869254
Thank god Monster Hunter Worlds comes to PC.

Now I don't have to buy any console for the first real Monster Hunter.
>>
>>380869254

western mh fans got buttflustered that they released Generations with a G Rank, the hunter arts weren't received well, it was essentially a giant rehash moreso than usual and on top of that the endgame was pointless since it was Deviant grinding since they had the best armor weapons in the game which killed variety making it so EVERYONE had Hellblade shit.
>>
File: C482QZBWYAQHZVf.jpg (59KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C482QZBWYAQHZVf.jpg
59KB, 1200x800px
>>380872347
Doubted it runs on MT Frameworks and the original Devil may cry 4 release ran at 60 fps on intergrated graphics and CPUs much worse than the switch.

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/03/20/nintendo-switch-capcom-system-memory/
Capcom also asked to increase the memory of the switch to Port their engine so they probably had prototype Dev kits before anyone.

http://jp.gamesindustry.biz/article/1702/17021801/
It took Capcom only 2 man-months to port MT framework features to Switch. 3DS took 16 and Wii U 15! Huge difference

So what's the point they could of sold gang buster just making it on every system. Now they are alienating the handheld market.
>>
>>380874482

Portable 3rd was literally when the series was at the apex of its' popularity. Also this was before mobile gaming hit its' stride in moonland.
>>
>>380878561
as opposed to everyone having a randomly generated weapon through years of apex rajang hunting?

End game is always shit in monster huinter, don't make it out to be some unique trait of gen
>>
>>380878330
They were just shown some demo, anyone would be stupid to say that a game we barely know anything about is MUCH BETTER than a game which has a lot of content and we know a lot about. Not only that but he would know, unless he is retarded, that a lot of his fanbase played mainly 3rd and 4th gen games and would clearly be disappointed by the lack of MHXX localization making it a very tasteless thing to say. Even HE told Reggie that the thing he would want the most on Switch would be a monster hunter with 3ds support.
>>
>>380877593

>flexing was stupid

OVER THE FUCKING LINE
>>
File: 1457612384217.png (249KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457612384217.png
249KB, 700x700px
>>380869254
>I don't give a damn about the whole shitstorm about consoles.

serious question to OP. do you think vgcratz has ANY FUCKING CREDIBLITY ?
it's literally numbers out of the ass.
>>
>>380878750
Capcom took only 2 weeks to have MT Frameworks running on Vita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j679MphXJew
>>
>>380878750
This, either they announce it for the switch later on too or there's clearly something behind the scenes here. Even a downgraded port on the Switch would probably sell a lot more than the PS4 version in Japan. They barely even have time at home.
>>
>>380869254
>5
Does this mean we'll be starting a new generation? Will we get a new weapon type?
>>
>>380877891

Gaijinhunter is a KNOWN shill. He lost a lot of respect and subs when he was peddling Dauntless and got butthurt when he got backlash from his U MAD SWITCHFAGS? video.
>>
>>380878750
obviously capcom is making MHp5 with the X team but they can't release XX then world without fatigue plus i bet the game in japan will not go over 500k at best withtout at least 2-3 months of passing.
>>
>>380879178
No, no new weapons just new 'mechanics'.
>>
>>380878750
>Doubted it runs on MT Frameworks

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-item-use-moving-base-camps-change-equipment-details
>The game engine is a reworked, next-generation MT Framework. It has been tuned up quite a bit, and although it is not the official name, they call it the “World Engine.”
>>
>>380869254
NO G RANK
>>
>>380879095
Too much mh fatigue if they announce it after XX so probably 2019 or MH portable 5 .
>>
>>380877593
it is stupid. doesn't mean i won't miss it.
>>
File: 1435248491877.png (248KB, 438x362px) Image search: [Google]
1435248491877.png
248KB, 438x362px
>>380879257
i dont even mind the occasional shill, we all have bad taste in a videogame somewhere and gaijins might have been dauntless

but i did not subscribe to him for switch games, thats all he uploads nowadays and i was tired of seeing it on my subscriber feed
>>
>>380879426
After MHW it's obviously going to be MHWG. And then MHZ or something like that, followed by MHZG. All multiplats, all worldwide releases because that will be the new standard.
>>
>>380879257

>Monster Hunter 4U
>Star Knight Armor is a popular set
>locked behind dlc
>G Rank Gold and Silver Los G Rank were also locked behind gated dlc
>playerbase broke through the dlc to play the quests online
>BakaHasBeen moralfags so hard he autobooted anyone with "illegal" gear
>>
>>380879310
It's still a scalable engine so .
>>380879310
>>>380878750 (You)
>>Doubted it runs on MT Frameworks
>http://gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-item-use-moving-base-camps-change-equipment-details
>>The game engine is a reworked, next-generation MT Framework. It has been tuned up quite a bit, and although it is not the official name, they call it the “World Engine.”
It's still a scalable engine regardless hell the rocket league Dev had Dev kits 3-4 months before the switch was announced.
>>
>>380879604
They split development between the X/XX team and mainline so one works on world the other on portable at least according to the rumor and the fact that MHW is in development for 4 years.
>>
>>380879442
No it wasn't, it was charming. Their reasoning for getting rid of it is also stupid when they have the perfect means of making sure you can get away to heal.

If walking was slowed by half and it was the speed of walking with great sword out, it would be fine. But it's too fast as is. People are going to be walking out of attack ranges with this shit unless they make attack ranges HUGE to compensate, which they won't because then people would complain about Frontier style FUCK YOU attacks.
>>
>>380879604
>MHWG
If Capcom wants to keep any western market that they get with MHW, they better make it DLC.
>>
>>380879405

BUT YOU CAN GET IT FOR A 19.99 SEASON PASS! PREORDER NOW AND YOU'LL GET A FREE CAT COSTUME!
>>
File: 1496352413868.jpg (25KB, 231x363px) Image search: [Google]
1496352413868.jpg
25KB, 231x363px
>>380869254
>mfw I just KNOW MHW is going to sell like hotcakes
The butthurt from nin.toddlers are going to be magnificent
>>
>>380879775
MHXX was just released 3 months ago. MH3G, MH4, MH4G, MHX and MHXX were all on the same platform. None of that "Portable" naming crap.
>>
>>380879809
But apparently everybody is pissed off about MHXX not being localized? There is a demand in the West for G game rehashes.
>>
>>380869254

> Release the game on a child's toy which has little market outside Japan.

> Sales outside Japan go down!

Wooooww.
>>
>>380879919

Any Monster Hunter fan will love the series evolving. Nintentoddlers need to shut the fuck up and get with the times. Although I can understand their grief considering all that's left for them are Mario games.
>>
>>380879809
Better have over 20 types of monsters otherwise most people will shrug it off if they don't cater to the controls feel too clunky fix it group.I swear though if the dlc contains 2 monsters and is 10-15 bux i riot.
>>
>>380879604
>After MHW it's obviously going to be MHWG
I'm afraid of this. If the devs was gonna make this MH5, it will probably get an expansion in the future.
I hope to god it's not gonna be a whole new full retail game when it happens and it's just digital upgrade, but hey, it's Capcom so anything shit can happen.
And then there's that rumor about it being subscriber-based.
>>
>>380878964
They're not credible? Well, shit, any more credible ones out there with the same or more details?
>>
>>380879928
yeah but MHX is apparently now a spinoff and the mainline team worked on the MHW for 4 years that includes both X and XX so the X/XX team did most if not all the work so they could probably to the portable line now that monster hunter world is the new mainline title.
>>
>>380880161
>Subscriber based
Oh Neptune
>>
You guys know you can probably just buy an nvidea tablet or one of those clam shell pcs and play it portable right? As for in Japan the internet connection there is good enough for remote play.

Besides, it's clear that this game was built from the ground up to be a console game. The ps4 runs at 30fps (which im sure means 20 fps) there is no way the switch can run it. I warned you fags the switch is under powered. It didn't get destiny or pso2 either.
>>
>>380880380
Yeah but in both cases why buy a ps4 then a vita just for remote play when a switch with MHXX is cheaper and there is no way a new title is coming to switch just probably when capcom sees that it only sells like 500k max in japan.
>>
>>380879784
slow down there bud I don't give a fuck. anyway, stupid and charming aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>380880037

>there is a demand in the West for complete games.

fixed
>>
>>380880378
Don't worry, it's just a false alarm.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/15/monster-hunter-world-might-come-subscription-fees-least-japan/
>Capcom has clarified, and Tsujimoto’s quote was in regard to continued support for the game after launch.
Basically DLC quests and other DLC goodies.
>>
>>380880080
Doesn't change the bottom line, also I think this is a calculated risk by capcom. Gaming is dying in Japan even handheld gaming. Lots of companies are now focusing on the west, look at nintendo switch sales, America almost bought more nintendo switches than all other regions combined. So if they are going to make a switch game it makes sense that they would market to Japan.

Also 3ds is dead no one wants another 240p game.

MHW will get ported to the switch and it will have the portable title.
>>
>>380880351
Or be on the same consoles because you know, the past 6 years of MH happened.
>>
>>380869254
I bought 4u but not gen cause the shit they added looked dumb and i heard it ran worse
>>
>>380880550
Because 240p in literally unacceptable in 2018?
>>
>>380881037
This is capcom were are talking about right?
>>
>>380869254
>Capcom keeps releasing 3 or 4 versions of the same game and wonder why the sales decrease
They've been doing it for years and haven't learned
>>
>>380881221
Yes. They put a "mainline" game on 3DS instead of consoles. Subsequently they also put the "portable" games on the same 3DS
>>
>>380881037
you are saying capcom should make more 3ds games?
>>
>>380875426
>I probably did him a favor, he won't use his 3ds in public ever agian, I promise you that.
You just said he probably was used to it, so I'm sure you won't have as much of an impact as you think you will have, you'll be forgotten

It sounds like you're getting off by remembering what you did, BTW
>>
How long do you have to play Monster Hunter to get to the fun parts? I started 4U and it's been nothing but fetching mushrooms and killing X random pissants for hours.
>>
>>380880102

>Any Monster Hunter fan will love the series evolving.

one, No True Scotsman fallacy

two, fans don't like it when they get told a game ISN'T coming out.
>>
>>380881412
Village quest 2-3 or just do guild quests.
>>
>>380881385
No I'm saying a spinoff of 5th gen will continue to be on the same consoles as what the main game was released on. Therefore, MHW, MHWG MH"spinoff", and MH"spinoff"G will all be multiplat and have global releases.
>>
>>380881527
Yeah but MHW game is to increase the game awareness so there portable games will sell even more while also having to create two games using the same assets but different styles on handhelds and consoles.
>>
>>380881492
It's not coming out IN THE WEST because people didn't buy the fucking games. Also the west is not cucked enough to buy the exact same game at full price for some dlc. That is not capcom's fault.
>>
>>380880102
>console war shitposting
>any REAL fan buys everything without complaining, so shut up
Hello, Capcom employee.
>>
>>380881703
The past 6 years of MH games don't agree to that.
>>
>>380881728
yeah but the game is now on a different console on wider screen and most people that knew capcom will release the g version didn't buy the fist version.
>>
>>380881004
PS4 and probably switch are genuinely doing well. handhelds are getting utterly wrecked by Mobile phones though.
>>
>>380881770
He is right though, everyone I play with hyped for mhw, it's exactly what we wanted, monster hunter souls.
>>
>>380881782
But the sales of console vs handhelds agree so if MHW is for the west sales . A switch game will be for Japan.
>>
>>380869254
IT'S NOT MONSTER HUNTER 5 YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>380881928
>anecdotal evidence
>yeah we ALWAYS wanted monster hunter to be not monster hunter xD
This "everyone likes it you're just wrong" narrative is a terrible strategy. Go talk to your manager.
>>
File: 1497448297464.png (70KB, 747x468px) Image search: [Google]
1497448297464.png
70KB, 747x468px
>>380881954
Yes, MHXX HD is coming out for Switch.
>>
>>380882116
Splatoon literally can't be stopped
>>
>>380873967
And easily sell three million in Japan. Why would they pass up on that?
>>
>>380882083

Poor little nintentoddler. You wanna put the Mario hat on and stroke your mushroom to feel better? Go ahead.

BAHAHA
>>
Wonder how lack of Cross-Play will effect sales. MH fun is playing with other hunters. So limiting to just the system its on might not work out well for Capcom.
>>
>>380882116
That is a quick cash grab from capcom to seize up the switch monster hunter market.
>>
There's a mentality in the west of "sequel good, spinoff bad". Far Cry Primal bombed too, admittedly it was also a shit game on top of that.
>>
>>380881954
There is no west or Japan division please stop. Switch will get mhw later, capcom just did not have a dev kit in time and they were not going to delay the game for a console that hasn't even sold 8m yet. It's not capcoms job to sell the Switch.

Also when was the last time you played monhun for 2 hours? Sorry buy the Switch with adhoc on does not have enough battery life to be considered a real portable.
>>
>>380881954

>Playstation doesn't exist in Japan
>>
>>380882291
Not much seizing going on there
>>
>>380879845
STILL BETTER THAN HAVING TO BUY ANOTHER GAME
>>
>>380882083
Everyone I know that actually plays the games are hyped, I only see buthurt on the web. Flexing isn't all that monhun is bro.
>>
>>380882281
Probably will lower the chance of a sustained userbase if they don't sell over 500k each console.
>>
>>380881004

MHW has probably been in development longer than the Switch has been known about.

Games don't just pop up over night.

Blame Nintendo for taking so long in making a serious console.
>>
>>380882269
Has Japan even sold 3m Switch?
>>
>>380882627
4 years. So roughly after MH4 is released in Japan.
>>
>>380882476
Console games sales are crap there.
>>
File: 1497724904453.jpg (96KB, 419x214px) Image search: [Google]
1497724904453.jpg
96KB, 419x214px
>>380882032
MHW 5th Gen confirmed :^)
>>
>>380882627
I do, it's obvious nintendo rushed the switch out. Now they are paying for it with shitty launch titles and only ports from third party. Nintendo should have waited for the holidays.
>>
>>380882381
There isn't a jap or wes division however this game was made to popularize the monster hunter series in the west so there game sales moving forward increase regardless of platfrom.
>>
>>380882116
>Splatoon above DQ on a console with a much smaller install base than both ps4 and 3ds at the moment
What the hell? I mean, I know Splatoon is very popular in Japan but this is a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>380870436
So western style just means bigger budget?
>>
>>380869254
It's because they released them so close together.

MH games are like Dynasty Warriors style games. You can play them for hundreds of hours so you get sick of them and need a long period of time of not playing to build up your taste for them again. I don't know why Capcom expected people to jump right into Generations when a lot of people were still grinding in MH4U.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (98KB, 634x467px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
98KB, 634x467px
>>380882476
It's the worst selling Sony console of all time by far. The fucking PS3 beats it 3 to 1.

I'm actually surprised, why did Japan abandon Sony?
>>
>>380879405
Of course not, what did you expect? They still have to sell Monster Hunter World G / Ultimate early 2019.
>>
>>380882632
They're currently nearing 1 million while severely supply capped. They could definitely reach 3 million by the time World releases if Nintendo can supply enough.
>>
>>380881928
>monster hunter souls
fuck off, why would you want the game to get worse?
>>
>>380882975
>4.68m compared to 22m for the 3ds
Holy shit MHW will bomb hard in there.
>>
>>380882921
In some ways yes, but there are other elements that make the game more forgiving. Monsters are more likely to get distracted and leave you alone, getting knocked off after mounting means nothing because you can slingshot back on, potions allow you to move and if you get knocked out of it, you still get some healing.
Stuff like that.
>>
>>380882975
Japan abandoned consoles altogether. The WiiU did about the same.
>>
>>380882975
>The ps3 that's been out for 11 years beats it
>>
>>380882975
Huh, Switch is the worst selling Nintendo portable of all time according to that chart.
>>
>>380869254
Because only people who actually know monster hunter games buy Monster hunter in the west. We know that there will be a ''Golden'' version and people probably see generations as almost the same game as MH4U.

The only addition was those Hunting arts anda few different monsters.
>>
>>380883083
Hunting Arts already made it like dark souls fuck off.
>>
>>380883169
How many of those are second or third time purchases? or were bought 10 years ago.

The PS4 was doing appalingly until like 6 months ago, it's selling better now than it was a month after launch. Japan had to be sold on home consoles, and they have been.
>>
Just want them to put out a demo
>>
>>380883170
Aren't those all due to more things happening in the game world at once?
>>
>>380883302
The PS4 has sold around 60m worldwide so that chart is probably before the switch was even released.
>>
>>380878964
OP is just and idiot

It's not a 50% less but is word is law it seems
>>
>>380883302
Handhelds and consoles in general have been slipping ever since the psp/ds. Switch won't even reach 3ds numbers.
>>
>>380883414
No, not really. They're design choices, not stuff that's tied to hardware/budget.
>>
>>380883438
Still the worst selling Nintendo handheld of all time.
>>
>>380883353
and they made the game worse, fuck off.
>>
>>380883495

Yeah, phones have been killing portable consoles.
>>
File: 1454692975990.jpg (26KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454692975990.jpg
26KB, 356x200px
>>380883185
How can one nation be so fucking based?

This also explains why the Switch is portable even if they knew they were only getting ports of MH. Being handheld is a selling point in itself in Japan.
>>
>Both Dauntless and MHW to play
My hunting life on PC will be set, holy shit I can't wait.
>>
>>380883363
I'm comparing the market of one to the other one. If you consider all those 3ds systems, then MH has been selling to around 10% of it. I very much doubt ALL of its fanbase will just move to PS4 specially because they just don't have time for home consoles in Japan. MHW might do well worldwide, but its setting up to be the worst performing MH in Japan in a long time.
>>
>>380883676
The switch exists because they want to satisfy both home console and handheld markets. You can't compete with mobage in Japan, it just won't happen, not for a while anyway.
>>
>>380883727
And God Eater 3
>>
>>380882896
It's seeing the same boost from going home console to portable that MH experienced.

Local multiplayer is important there, which is why MHW is going to sell like shit.
>>
>>380869254
All the above plus Westerners don't tend to buy really lengthy content heavy games like MH very often, many were probably still playing 4, in Japan grinding through each MH release is the norm but the west isn't keen on that type of game released annually.
>>
People just don't get it. Capcom is ahead of the curve, gaming is DYING in Japan, sales are fucking horrible. They need the western market to keep monhum selling millions. All Japanese devs are doing this now.
>>
>>380883516
I mean for balancing, not hardware/budget

Having monsters interacting with each other and the map not being divided requires changing up some mechanics
>>
>>380883859
>It's seeing the same boost from going home console to portable that MH experienced.
Oh that's right I forgot about that. If Splatoon did so well on an underperforming console like the Wii U I can only imagine the phenomenon that it will be on a portable console.
>>
File: 1477387410601.jpg (272KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1477387410601.jpg
272KB, 2048x1152px
>>380883834
Despite selling poorly, the 3DS did outsell every single console last gen.

So somehow consoles were hit harder by iOS than handhelds? This shit makes no sense to me.
>>
File: PSTV-IL1s.jpg (44KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
PSTV-IL1s.jpg
44KB, 960x400px
>>380883834
But Vita was already doing that...
>>
>>380883989
Capcom ahead of the curve................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I almost died laughing.
>>
>>380870436
>Voice that guides you
Can this shit stop? How fucking stupid are Western gamers? That trash literally gets in the way of me playing the game because I sperg out about missing something and it's intrusive and obnoxious. Long drawn out tutorials are cancer. My interest in the game falls off a cliff when that garbage happens. Get on with it.

t. Burger who isn't a retard
>>
>>380883989
MH is the only handheld franchise that consistently breaks 3 million sales, outside of shit like Zelda and Mario. Not bad for a yearly rehash.

Don't try to squeeze eggs out of the golden goose, you'll choke it. They'll gain nothing and lose what they had.
>>
>>380884132
Yeah except you needed a ps4 for home console remote play and memory cards.
>>
>>380869460
It will, but the novelty of "the other consoles/PC gets a MH game!" will replace it.
>>
>>380882116
>the port of the G rank version of a spinoff from a console with 22x more sales isnt selling well
what no way
>>
>>380883989

It's all the mobile gacha games with big breasted anime women. I wonder if we'll see a cultural shift like that as well if they ever decide to release those types of games here. People seem to love Fire Emblem Heroes at least. Fate Grand Order will most likely be popular as well.
>>
>>380884132
The Vita exists because they want to disappoint both home console and handheld markets.

WHERE'S MY PATAPON 4 SONY
>>
>>380884279
The aptly named Vita TV can play Vita games on TV
>>
>>380884237
Yes, on the 3ds. Now the 3ds is dead. There are zero asurances that the Switch will see the same numbers.
>>
>>380884013
I suppose that's right, but the world isn't fully open, you still have to go through tunnels to allow areas to load. Obviously I haven't played the game so I don't know how necessary being able to walk with potions is.
However, there's no excuse for the slingshot thing, if you get knocked off the monster you should have to try mounting again, not get a free second chance.
>>
>>380884375
Didn't they discontinue it also it lost the only value the vita had portability.
>>
>>380869254
I think, it was due to the gap between them was less then a year apart. A major reason why I did not get the game was I was not finished Monhun 4 u then, and when i did, Double Cross was announced, so now i am waiting for Double cross on switch
>>
>>380871062
This. They went from releasing a 300 hour long game every 2-3 years or more to yearly releases.
>>
>>380869254
Japanese players were the ones whose was mostly crying about the series being too hard.
They expect every game to play like casual RPG garbage since thats all they get in loads of shovelware over there.
>>
right now, based on 2ch (which is retarded, i know), nips dont like how big the map is and how many corridors there are

https://krsw.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1497696584/
>>
>>380884396
Since I haven't played it yet i can't really say, but what if the slingshot was difficult to pull off?

Either way slingshot/chainhooks in games are always fun
>>
>>380884613
That's not the point
>>
>>380884394
The Switch is actually catching up to the 3DS launch aligned in Japan. It would probably be ahead it Nintendo could manufacture enough.

Once Splatoon 2 launches, Switch will probably be ahead.
>>
>>380884773
That's... Surprisingly good input. Corridors are certain fucking death in MH.

So wither they HAVE to dumb down the AI or we can look forward to Wallrape: FnH Area 9 edition
>>
File: 1474540885325.png (7KB, 572x85px) Image search: [Google]
1474540885325.png
7KB, 572x85px
>>380884773
lol
>>
>>380884716
>Japanese players were the ones whose was mostly crying about the series being too hard.
Am I in Bizarro world right now?

>>380884773
I hope the entire game doesn't revolve around that one area in the demo. Maybe the other areas are more open?
>>
>>380884908
110k untill 3ds but they reduce the price on the 25 week of the release and they skyrockected like with 300k that day so it will surpass but it might be to little to late.
>>
>>380885134
Totally unbiased
>>
>>380884773
The corridors are cancer and I don't know how anyone can defend them. Just look at how many fucking corridors there are in the leaked map. And what do you do in a corridor? You press up and keep moving forward. At least during a loading screen you can look out of the window to see if its raining or check the time.
>>
>>380885194
Right. But the Switch has stronger games in the timeframe. It will be down to how many Nintendo can manufacture, I think.
>>
>>380885257
You run to a bigger area, or you lure monsters. That's one of the key messages they said in the demo.
>>
File: 1497444964187.jpg (295KB, 1827x1965px) Image search: [Google]
1497444964187.jpg
295KB, 1827x1965px
>>380869254
>Monster Hunter 5 / World
>>
>>380885459
Cause that is riveting gameplay the 1000th time i do it.
>>
I remember thinking Generations came out really close after 4U over here. I had little interest in picking it up as a result.

That said, I didn't put more than a couple of hours into 4U, I put way more into 3U. I was getting tired of having to play the game on a handheld.

I like playing my games on a big screen with a controller; I'm looking forward to World for that reason.
>>
>>380879784
>If walking was slowed by half and it was the speed of walking with great sword out

Isn't it literally that though? You're slowed down while you're healing and the healing itself isn't instant.

It's really like Soul Stones in DaS2.
>>
>>380885571
That's how the game is. I didn't agree that I was stuck with 240p games for the past few years, but I sucked it up and pirated them anyway,.
>>
>>380885571
>The irony of saying this in a thread about monster hunter
>>
capcom made 5 home console mh and they all sold like shit
why are they still trying to force them?
>>
>>380884773
That really is a lot of corridors.
>>
>>380885459
>You run to a bigger area
That's exactly what I said. When a monster moves to another area, you need to chase him through corridors instead of a quick loading screen. It will make chasing monsters much more tedious than before.
When I heard seamless areas I thought we would have big open areas where the monster would be a constant threat because you can't so easily run away, not this corridor shit.
>>
>>380885257
>And what do you do in a corridor?
You lure a monster in it and fucking trap the motherfucker.
>>
>>380869254
You can thank piratefags for that. It why p3 was kill.
>>
>>380885787
The monster is a constant thread now. Enraged monsters will continue to chase you across maps.
>>
>>380879274
>monster hunter by the x team
oh man I'm hyped as fuck, really can't wait for that shitshow

I bet if MH:W takes off, portable monhun is gonna stay a JAP only thing
>>
>>380885735
When has running away and making the AI chase you for 50 secs ever been fun.
>>
>>380871920
>starts getting massive negative reviews from retards
>they patch in lock on, increase drop rates

i think time limits are already gone btw
>>
>>380869254
1. Gen is trash
2. 4U was hyped for an entire year, Gen didn't
>>
>>380886038
When has flexing ever been fun?
>>
>>380885970
Or maybe portable will be the Borderline Frontier of the series.
>>
I really should finish generations, but I kinda just lost interest half way through.

First time I ever quit a MH game.

Maybe it's just being sick of having play the game on a DS.
>>
>>380885970
Me too it can either go decent or horribly horribly wrong
>>
>>380879928
>None of that "Portable" naming crap.

But now that there's a console Monster hunter coming soon, they'll have to use that naming system for the Switch game. The leak basically said Portable 4th is in the works too.
>>
if MHW was in development for 4 years, it not being on switch makes sense as it JUST came out
>>
>>380886172
The leak is wrong. MHW is not open world, and quests and timers are still there.
>>
>>380886118
everytime you pull it off and barely get away, or everytime you get hit because you chose to do it at the wrong time.
>>
>>380886128
>>380886160
I really hope MH:W takes off and it continues to get sequels on PC/PS/XB

I don't care if Switch gets a version, as long as the other versions don't suffer from it

I just want the series to finally get really big and end up on big platforms rather than handhelds
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>>380886118
Bitch do you even pose?
>>
>>380886263
So is running away from monsters. Everytime you got away or barely got away, or everytime you get hit because you chose to run in a wrong way.
>>
File: 1301011783209.png (24KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1301011783209.png
24KB, 128x128px
>>380882281
>crossplay
>Sony
>>
The core audience that would play MHG in the west are the same people that hacked their 3ds.
>>
>>380886332
I agree with this. As long as MH:W is good, doesn't rape the mechanics of the previous games and comes out on PC, I am glad that it exists. This shit about being able to move while healing has me super concerned though.

I don't care if it's on a handheld as long as I can play more Monster Hunter and it isn't butchered.
>>
>>380886172
Pretty sure "Portable" was a PSP specific branding. They will call the next Switch MH something else.
>>
>>380886118
It's not the pose itself that was fun, its the time it took to drink the potion. It created the risk-reward part that makes Monster Hunter what it is (having to sacrifice an opening to recover hp), the flexing was just a blemish that became iconic because of it.
>>
>>380886172
The leak also said that World wasn't made by the main team and that the main team would be working on portable monhun
>>
>>380886439
MHF-Z, PSO2, DDON, SFV, etc. are crossplay between various PS platforms and PC.
>>
>>380886332
But handhelds kept monster hunter alive.That is like having the nurse that took care of your body for years be kicked and then you run after that skank of a slut outside.
>>
>>380886590
You mean PSP kept MH alive. Then they abandon it for the 3DS overnight after a big party.
>>
>>380869254
>I just wanna know why there's that much decline in the west when it comes to Generations.
Piracy
>I'll just buy the G version when it comes out :^)
>>
>>380884773
Jesus christ, they weren't kidding.

What the fuck is the point? Soul sacrifice and God Eater did it perfect. This is literally just the same old zones, but instead of loading, you just walk through a tunnel.
>>
>>380886496
>It created the risk-reward part that makes Monster Hunter what it is
Fucking. THIS.
It's near miss butt-clenching moments that made playing MH such a rush.
>>
>>380886496
>>380886768
So is monsters always chasing you.
>>
>>380886590
That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying there's been enough mainline MH games on handhelds. I would love for them to keep making those games on handhelds with the old formula, but I think an approach to switch over to consoles and the PC is what Monster Hunter needed.

This way, they are offering MH to both audiences; the handheld audience and the people that don't play handheld games (mostly the west)
>>
>>380886754
Yes but you can't have le epic scripted chase scene through a loading screen.
>>
>>380886863
>So is monsters always chasing you
And how is that related to the flexing?
>>
>>380884773
>brainlets whined about 3 second loading screens
>actual smart people realized they were for the purpose of having areas that don't need to be directly attached to each other through narrow corridors
>>
>>380886695
You think capcom would've waited 1 more year so that the psvita would be release and deal with sony again. that is why MHW is multiplay.
>>
>>380871292
>MH4U is probably the best MH game in the series.
I disagree with this. Apex monsters are fucking stupid and the randomly generated guild quests and the randomly generated areas that came with them fucking sucked hardcore. The worst part of these new Monster Hunter games is grinding for randomly generated charms... SO LETS MAKE THE WHOLE GAME ABOUT THAT!!!

Also, the G-Rank was tacked on as fuck. You still gain HR and unlock high rank quests well into G-Rank, clearly demonstrating it was tacked on.
>>
File: 1497354723776.png (113KB, 641x918px) Image search: [Google]
1497354723776.png
113KB, 641x918px
>>380886038
>moving goalpost
>monster hunter aspie does same thing a million times
>cries when they change something about the series
JUST KEEP MAKING THE SAME GAME PLEASE
WHERES THE SWITCH PORT
>>
>>380877593
are you serious? they didn't remove it did they?
>>
>>380886863
>So is monsters always chasing you.

Except for the fact that unless you literally stand still there should be a 0% chance of you getting hit by a monster while running.
>>
>>380886870
Sorry i misread a part of your comment i actully fully agree with this stance.
>>
>>380886994
Not even 3 seconds anymore. On a New 3DS, 4U's zone load times were near instant.
>>
>>380887123
Yes they did.
>>
>>380876763
When people unirionically complain about stuff like this you know they are nitpicking.
>>
>>380887123
Unless you flex while moving, they sure as hell did. For ProJared to be saying that, then he probably saw the healing animation and is now dismissing the old one to shill for the new one.
>>
File: 1421137065439.png (128KB, 272x319px) Image search: [Google]
1421137065439.png
128KB, 272x319px
>broken styles
>broken arts
>broken weapons (switchaxe is 100% sword)
>deviantart monsters that are literally called Deviant monsters
>240p screen, 30fps
>bizarre map layouts and clipping issues

It's not hard to figure out. Gen is a shit game and we are tired of the shitty 240p handheld monster hunters.

The PSP games sold better. Did you expect Capcom to keep using PS2 assets for the next 10 years? MHW is exactly what we have been asking for (an engine update and a balance reset so you can fix the fucked up weapons).
>>
>>380886581
>MMOs have the same servers
The only game with actual crossplay you listed is SFV.
>>
>>380887123
you can now drink potions while moving at near full speed, but their healing is gradual
>>
>>380886994
Sad thing is, I bet the "chase scenes" through the corridors will get old very fast and people will just want to beat the shit out of the monster instead of using "muh environment" to kill it. I think MHW is adding a lot of stuff that is cool at first but will get old and annoying fast.
>>
>>380886870
Yes, this was basically how the series was before MH4. One team (Fujioka's) developed the numbered titles on home console, then Ichinose's team did the PSP ports. In this sense, 4th gen on 3DS was the anomaly.
>>
>>380887089
Where is the proof that running from the enemy makes riveting gameplay. Come on you have the mental capacity to find that picture and to write so find a counter argument not just sling shit also i don't own any a ns or ps4 or xbox i am pc player.
>>
>>380869608
No western gamers just like open world, interactive movies and shooter shit.
>>
>>380886863
Not when you can just run your way to full health.
I could be running from an enraged Molten Tigrex in a tight corridor with a sliver of health left and all it takes is to drink a potion while running.
Where the feeling of dread in that?
>>
>>380887348
He said that XX is old news compared to MHW yeah cause 2 games is worse than 1 game coming to the west instead of universal releases so we don't get to beg them to release a game after 6 months it's been out.
>>
>>380887337
>>380887348
source please
>>
>>380887652

You can't chug a potion while running. You slow down to walking speed to drink.
>>
>>380887402
For MHF-Z, 360 and Wii U remain on their separate servers.
>>
>>380887540
you can't prove something subjective
and you continue moving goalposts
poor poor nintendie can't handle getting abandoned so he deludes himself so hard
>>
>>380887539
And MH3G
>>
>>380872297
they only really need to preserve the charm of the game

Im pretty sure most of the japs just co-op the shit out of everything and thus have no difficult time clearing everything and dont look for the hard core experience
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 587x185px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 587x185px
>>380887740
Is this proof that he gave up XX to shill when he previusly asked reggie for a monster hunter game on switch.
>>
>>380887703
Yep, I remember him saying on twitter "I don't care about MHXX anymore after seeing MHW". Clearly he is shilling.
>>380887740
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7nSlD-2wY
>>
>>380887973
You try co-op against a level 9 deviant and see how easy it is.
>>
>>380888174
didnt the japs complain about that shit
>>
>>380888048
He coud've said i am sure they are gonna release it as soon as they are done with MHW but he had to say he had no qualms with just skipping it.
>>
World is not 5.
They also wanted to call the latest game DMC5.
This is a shitty spin-off for the west, they're obviously testing the waters, that's why XX is announced for switch in the first place.
>>
>>380888270
I am not sure ,i complained though.
>>
>>380888351
It is 5 they just wanted the west to not wonder where are the previous 4 entries.
>>
>>380888274
Even Gaijinhunter sent out a bunch of tweets saying how much of a shame it was that MHXX wasn't releasing in the west and was hoping that Capcom would consider it. And let's remember Gaijinhunter already played the game.
So Projared's attitude just came off as really strange.
>>
>>380888351
>it's already confirmed to be 5 by the devs
>N-NO THIS CAN'T BE
>IT ISN'T ON MY FISHER PRICE TOYS
i-it's just a casualized spin off r-right nintenbros?
>>
>>380884773
It's worst than that.
There's very little talk about it.
XX already coming out there is a thing too, that alone in Japan makes it very clear World is a side-game, not sure why Capcom is still trying to pretend it's a mainline over here.
>>
>>380888570
He just shills to much for monster hunter if it was a new game and not a port he might demand equal treatment .However regardless he is a huge twat and idiot.
>>
Have any of considered that the handheld is dying in Japan thanks to the rise of smartphone gaming? DQ11 PS4 preorders outselling 3DS preorders is proof enough that Japs would rather have a noticeable upgrade in graphics than be able to play it wherever they want.

And even then, the Switch is a shitty portable. It's too big to carry anywhere and battery life is shit. so the people who think MHXX Switch is gonna sell, while MHW will not, are crazy.
>>
>>380888351
>World is not 5.
World was developed with the intention of it being 5, but its not called 5. That means that can make officially 5 later and announce a Monster Hunter 6 or just release a "true" 5 if it tanks. No real downside for them other then having to damage control.

But they are doing that already.
>>
>>380888787
Cause how else will everyone else buy it a side game but i wanted a mainline game either way japan will not buy more than 500k the rest of the world have to buy 1.5 mil or it's a flop. Without pc cause we are getting it late.
>>
>>380888351
>They also wanted to call the latest game DMC5.
I guess we now know why DMC5 will never be announced.
>>
>>380888650
And the only ones defending it are console warriors like this one.
The only achievement of Worlds is shitting up MH discussion with shit like this.
>>
>>380888351
>>380882796
:^)
>>
>>380888787
Japan doesn't even have time to stay home and play a console. They're always outside, be it working or moving from one place to another so its obvious that they feel MHW is a spin-off as much as Frontier is.
>>
>>380888949
Splatoon preorders disagree. More like mh fans had franchise fatigue and the monster that X had were to little 5 monsters and deviats while cool were just not enough.
>>
>>380888949
>Have any of considered that the handheld is dying in Japan thanks to the rise of smartphone gaming?
Cellphone gaming has been a thing in Japan for almost two decades now. People don't just drop handhelds completely because they exist.
>>
>>380888949
If handhelds are dying in Japan, the home consoles are already buried. Regardless of preorder data from just one retailer, DQ11 will sell more on 3DS.
>>
>>380888949
Your argument is you don't like the Switch, but all of Japan is crazy about it and about playing Monhun on it.
The PS4 has no more appeal in Japan than the WiiU.
>>
>>380887983
>MHXX on Switch still looks like a PS2 game
>new game on PS4 actually looks like a next gen game
>decide to support the second game instead
>"FUCKING SHILLL"
>>
>>380888949
Actually smartphone gaming only got popular exactly because japanese are constantly on the move without barely spending any time at home. That's also why handheld market took a much smaller hit than the console one.
>>
>>380888949
Did you forget Handhelds outselling the PS4 30 times?
>>
>>380889068
yeah totally
average person
>hey this game looks cool
nintendie shitposters
>heh its not a TRUE monster hunter game like the ones ive played, this is casualized and a spinoff
>>
>>380889514
Nobody is saying he can't support it but 2 games are always better than 1 game or are you insinuating that we should get only games that next gen. Projared would flip if Seiken collection would get translated now if life was fair square enix would release some crappy Seiken mobile game flaunt it in his face and say japan only.
>>
>>380889415
>DQ11 will sell more on 3DS.

If the 3DS version wasn't a completely different game, sure. The PS4 version was shown off first, anyways. The Switch version MIGHT sell as much as the PS4 version, but I'm pretty sure Heroes 1+2 bombed.
>>
>>380889514
>new game on PS4 actually looks like a next gen game
It looks like a PS3 game with slightly better lighting.

Either way, Monster Hunter has never been a series about graphics. In fact, the franchise would benefit more from a better CPU than it would a better GPU, but that's something consoles lack right now.
>>
>>380872347
>they don´t want it to be gimped
>literally uses the fucking framework from ps3 era
>no no switch is too weak

yeah sure. Sony paid for it.

>>380871091
Also consoles don´t sell that good in japan. Handhelds are kings.
>>
>>380888949
>so the people who think MHXX Switch is gonna sell, while MHW will not, are crazy.
And the people thinking otherwise is as well, anon. Also, to say that handhelds are dying in Japan is downright crazy. The nips are very mobile people and for them portability is everything.
>>
>>380889415
>DQ11 will sell more on 3DS
I honestly doubt that. The reason why PS4 has more preorders than 3DS is likely because a lot of its installbase already moved to the Switch or will move to the Switch and are waiting for that port instead. People are probably just tired of the 3ds.
>>
I'm going to guess if America does get double cross it would be a while before or after Monster Hunter world. I don't think Capcom would want its own games competing with one another so they need to create space. Some people would like to enjoy both games, myself included.

And if it doesn't come out, it doesn't come out. I already played Generations.
>>
>>380889864
Maybe it's time to understand these youtube hobos are not gamers are will shill anything for a dollar.
>>
>>380890317
And water is wet.Everyone knows.
>>
>>380889872
The Switch mention on the XI reveal stole the show though.
Most people are waiting for the Switch version.
>>
>>380890093
>Also consoles don´t sell that good in japan. Handhelds are kings.
Yes and let's remember Sony probably doesn't want to compete with Nintendo again on the portable market because they will get crushed in the west due to pokémon.
So its most likely the case that they are also trying to bet on Monster Hunter becoming a phenomenon worldwide to prevent Nintendo's portable market of getting more traction than it already has.
>>
>>380890429

Or at the very least, information on the Switch version before they make their ultimate decision.
>>
Shit game
>>
>>380874035
Are any of the ps2 games worth playing? Never touched Monster Hunter before.
>>
>>380877891
e-celeb hijack MH and tries to be the spearheads of the monster hunter communities in the west despit being causals, what else is new?
>>
>>380886045
They're not, why even pretend you heard that from somewhere? The leaked gameplay video shows they have a time limit.
>>
Did you guys watch the leaked gameplay that showed up the other day? I can't fathom why Capcom didn't show that instead during the reveal. It actually looks like a real MH game. Renewed my faith in World.
>>
>>380890938
There is mana khemia which has an interesting upgrade system for the characters. It's available on psp emulator
>>
I have a 3DS and a 2DS. I bought 3U on the 3DS when I had the circle pad pro.

Never bought one since now that I have a 2DS.
>>
>>380891137
it's Crapcom they are mentally retarded half the fucking threads wouldn't start if they showed it but now only vested fans will give a crap.
>>
>no more flexing
>GS users can change direction of attack mid-charge
The casualization is real
>>
Tell me your favorite:
>monster
>area
>weapon type
>overall game
>>
>>380891293
>GS users can change direction of attack mid-charge
Well there go the impressive "GOTCHA BITCH" predictions compilations.
>>
>>380891451
You already could you fucking idiot, they just made it a bit more obvious.
>>
Is hammer fun to use solo in 3U?
>>
>>380869254
3u was great, which meant new blood.

4u was awesome, but it was about then that only the most diehard fans of 3u would've wanted to essentially repeat content. I loved it but also the returned monsters honestly werent that great. tigrex was fun, but Khuzu, the dromes, and the gravios were all pretty unfun.

Gen was essentially a fanservice game with only a few great new monsters and terrible monster design. Like an entire rank felt like I was fighting the worst monsters of the series back to back. So once it was kinda out in the open, the newblood wasnt coming because they either hated the execution but loved the concept, or were vets. Vets werent too interested because it was more of the same with a worse design overall.

Worlds is probably the biggest shakeup the series has seen since it moved to tri. New console, multiplat, higher power, more subsystems, and a complete 180 elements on certain parts of the series (no zones being one)
>>
>>380891701
That's what I said though.
>>
>>380891440
Tigrex
Moga Village
Lance
4U
>>
>>380891440
Shagaru Magala
3rd gen Volcano
Hammer
Tri
>>
>>380891854
Scratch that. 3U.
>>
>>380891440
Zinogre
Misty Peaks
Great Sword
4U
>>
>>380891440
Favorite design: Zinogre
Favorite to fight: Diablos
Hunting Lobby
GS/SA
3G
>>
>>380889396
Mobile games today aren't the same as mobile games from even 5 years ago.

It's a radically different beast which is now slaughtering traditional handhelds.
>>
>>380891553
Might be tricky underwater, in general should be fun. I think only SnS in 3U would have trouble soloing stuff, but still doable.
>>
How is Monster Hunter online doing?

Is it easy to install and play?
Eng patch?
Does it actually "feel" like Monster Hunter?
>>
>>380893060
No.
No.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO.
>>
File: 1497221845123.jpg (32KB, 404x270px) Image search: [Google]
1497221845123.jpg
32KB, 404x270px
>>380891440
Kushy
Gen 2 Jungle
LBG and IG
P3rd and 4U, can't really decide.
>>
>>380891440
Rajang
Heaven's Mountain/Jpn mountain from 3U
GS
4U
>>
Why Capcom can't pull a Sega is beyond me.

The worst is they already have a working MHXX build about to release in Japan soon. Localization won't require much resources since it's an upgraded Generations and that was already localized.

It would be just like the Sonic Unleashed situation : The westerners who will never touch Nintendo get MHW, while Nintendo players get the "inferior" MHXX.
>>
>>380893060
Might as well try Frontier instead. It doesn't "feel" much like Monster Hunter but its better than MHO. And also has a crapton of content.
>>
>>380891440
>monster
Brachydios
>area
for old styled maps I like the gen 2 Swamp and gen 1 Desert but for design Old Swamp. I want to put the Gorge up here but the map layout is awful and the geysers are just a waste of time.
For new style, Heaven's Mount. This is one of the two new styled maps that actually did ledges right. The areas are also designed perfectly for Doubles hunts which is why MH4U has the best incarnation of the Double Trouble quest.
>weapon type
Heavy Bowgun
>overall
4U
>>
>>380888949
>DQ11 PS4 preorders outselling 3DS preorders is proof enough
how many people are just waiting to get it on switch, the switch version isn't open for preorders yet
>>
>>380887347
You also know they aren't monster hunter fans who appreciate why it is a good mechanic.Risk reward.
>>
Just waiting to see more gameplay and them talking about the different monsters the game will have.
>>
>>380874789
It wouldn't surprise me if they made a mh just for the switch that isn't ported.
>>
>>380890938
not really

MHFU improves and expands on the earlier titles in every possible way
>>
>>380891440
Mizutsune
Forest and hills Area 12
Great sword
4U
>>
>>380887652
Probably the same place where you dezone and calmly chug flex chug flex before returning

What if every time you drink a potion in MHW you just manually stop and do the flex emote?
>>
>>380894794
This, the conversation about worlds is so limited, and a lot of the negative stuff is just speculative crap spewed by people who just want the game to fail, while the automatic "nothing but praise" is being spouted by people who just want to shitpost about Nintendo. There's a lot of really cool shit they showed, but a lot of really weird shit that has been seen and said, until they genuinely show us a good chunk of the basic gameplay outside of some piss poor phone cam leak I can't judge it fully. I am cautiously optimistic, seems like this game is trying to return to the root concept that MH started with.
>>
File: screen2bshot2b2017-06tzugz.png (125KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
screen2bshot2b2017-06tzugz.png
125KB, 800x601px
damn....
>>
>>380896809
Monster Hunter less popular then IP like Star Wars or Spider-Man?

How shocking.
>>
>>380895572
This really, I started with the original, and there's really no reason to go back to outside of the much higher difficulty, but even then it's dumb to play it because over half the game was locked to the online mode, so without a way to access it you can't do most stuff in the original, no lie though, if someone came up with a way to play the online mode with other people in an emulator or something I would play it.
>>
>>380894758
>roll away/superdive 1-2 attacks until monster turns to cat/another player
>chug potion
Wow so much risk i was thrilled the entire
For fucks people are fucking deluding themselves over how battletoads hardcore they are for playing MH it's laughable
Not to mention the actual risk/reward was always in the juicy hitzones being right where oneshots in g-rank come from, certainly nothing in LR EVER
Everything else are fucking delusions
>>
>>380896809
>A game series with nothing but a trailer hardly known in the west isn't getting as much attention as COD, Spider-Man, star wars and assassin's creed?

No way? Impossible.
>>
>>380891440
>either the Blos bros or Zinogre
>Ancestral Steppe
>Greatsword
>4 Ultimate
>>
>>380897206
Rage all you want, it's still a calculated risk because you can't even move.
>>
>>380897206
Well the really sad thing is that capcom has already themselves said the AI in this game is more advanced in this game, and the animation transitions in general are supposed to be smoother and less predictable, so it could just be that slowly moving while healing instead of a full stop pose may just be necessary for the faster paced potentially more difficult gameplay. We simply have to see more actual gameplay.
>>
>>380897784
Weird all the elite hunters in /v/ usually don't even get hit why are they so mad flexing is gone?
>>
>>380897784
>"risk"
It's a calculated decision, hardly ever an actual risk, unless you are shit.

It may be that it's harder to choose when to heal in this game, so they let you move slowly as opposed to having to full stop and pose for no other reason then to make healing some sort of challenge against overly predictable enemies.
>>
>>380898004
I think they might be lying.
>>
>>380896503
Funny how everyone pretty much agrees the trailer was just awful and the hidden demo answered a lot of unanswered people had. I'm hopeful for the game but I really just wish Capcom didn't feel so scared of showing it off to people.
>>
>>380898332
I noticed in the new game that you heal over time instead of instantly. I think a good compromise would be cancelling your healing entirely if you take any damage.
>>
>>380898417
There is supposed to be a gameplay stream on the 20th, but no one has been able to confirm this for me so I'm not sure, but I agree, they should have just shown the damn thing at e3
>>
>>380898332
>It's a calculated decision
That's exactly where all the risk is, anon. If you have to calculate that decision, the more skilled you are the better you'll be at doing so. Shit players are punished for not planning that decision well.
>>
>>380898708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig
>>
>>380898542
I didn't see that, but getting through the leaked footage was annoying and I was mostly trying to watch the movement and attacks and stuff. If they did do that it actually seems like that alone is already a good compromise alone depending on how fast it happens, although I don't feel like they needed to fuck with the health system that much, and I wasn't a fan of the environmental heals very much either.
>>
>>380898417
>Funny how everyone pretty much agrees the trailer was just awful

Meaning they emotionally hurt run into the forums and screamed at the top of their lungs afraid that their baby is getting taken away.

Anyone with half a brain knew they were looking at a low tier hunt specifically to show off the new and flashy stuff and waited for more content.
>>
>>380898910
Except it's such a simple decision for anyone who isn't brain dead 9/10 times that there isn't any risk anyway. It's really just understanding the basics of the game more then risk reward at all.
>>
>>380890938
MH1 is painfully outdated now.
MH2 is fine but I guess MHP2 is better
>>
>>380899017
Thanks anon, is it really gonna be 3am US?
>>
>>380899358
Everything pre 4 is painfully outdated.
>>
If Monster Hunter World Portable G comes to the switch like 10 months after world how would you react?
>>
>>380882975
Dammit, im kinda scared for Monster Hunter now...but hey, PC.
>>
>>380883363

3DS is replacement bait in japan. stores seemed full of second hand consoles that people sold to buy a different limited edition one. Personally I've bought 1 PS4 and 5 3DS. in any case MHW will probably be a pc buy for me
>>
>>380869254
This is game is essentially the beginning of the end of the series. Enjoy playing Dark Souls: Monster Hunter edition. Capcom has 100% lost my sale
>>
>>380901967
dark souls has areas that aren't entirely narrow corridors chained together
>>
>>380901967
>Dark Souls: Monster Hunter edition
Thanks for selling me on the game. I'll definitely get it now.
>>
>>380891440
- Nargacuga
- idc
- Dual Blades
- Freedom Unite
>>
>>380871091

MH world looks like some shitty last gen game. Likeliterally dragon dogmas

They aren't making new assets either judging from the trailer. Though it is capcom which is exactly why they are poor and can't pump out good looking games anymore
>>
>>380891440
>Ceadeus
>Never really thought about this when fucking monsters
>GS
>4U
>>
>>380896809
>Dragon Ball Fighter Z in 10th place
Feels good man, the guys at ArcSys deserve more praise and attention from the mainstream public.
>>
>>380901967
Have Fun playing Mario:GTABanjoKazooie Oddball edition
>>
>>380891440
Uragaan, idk why
old volcano
Hunting Horn
Tri
>>
>>380894758
good mechanic, retarded design. my character is dueling a big ass dragon and he feels the need to show off his biceps every time he drinks a potion? just make the drinking animation longer or some shit.
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.