[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get World Of Warcraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (20KB, 337x150px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
20KB, 337x150px
I'm very confused how this works. If I buy the $20 thing do I get all the expansions and the lvl 90 thing or do I have to buy those seperatly
>>
new WoW is garbage
play legacy servers can pirate the game and play without giving Activision money

Fuck Blizzard
>>
You need to buy WoW and the latest expansion. Previous expansions are included.
>>
>>380867408
whats wrong with it? Also I mainly want to do quests/do dungeons and loot and stuff
>>
>>380867661
How much would all of that cost total? And does the monthly payment thing still apply?
>>
Dont play wow unless you have friends, seriously. Its very difficult to do dungeons or anything if you dont know people and getting in a decent guild is very hit or miss.

If you still want to do it. Yes pay the 20 dollar thing then youll need to buy legion to get 110 max. Comes with a 100 boost, i would tell you to level a character or several before using the boost on an alt.
>>
File: 1495395380612.jpg (44KB, 459x497px) Image search: [Google]
1495395380612.jpg
44KB, 459x497px
>>380867408
>Nostcucks shitposting and being mad at retail yet again
>>
>>380867292
Playing it with a friend. It's pretty fucking boring, and we're breezing through the shit.
>>
>>380867801
Monthly payment still applies, yes.

I stopped played WoW when my friends stopped playing. I had a lot of fun during though. Panda girls are cute.
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>380867292
You only need to pay for Legion+sub if you want to play the latest expansion

Anything pre-legion you just need a sub
>>
>>380867687
It's basically diablo 3 with item randomization, also legendaries are like candy and you are The Chosen One, champion of Azeroth along millions of others. If you like things like that that, try it out
>>
>>380867408
is there any good server like nostalrius?
>>
>>380867851
>>380868004
I dont have friends that'll play WoW. most of them only play casual games. Would I be able to easily find groups to do dungeons with if I level high enough?
Also if im going to use the boost on an ALT should I just not buy legion atm untill I get my main leveled up high and get a better understanding of the game?
>>
>>380868334
there will be nobody to play with if you want to level from 0 and experience the content. nobody still active gives a shit about anything besides raids and dailies. also there is nothing you'll have to learn really, the game holds your hand completely and won't let you make mistakes
>>
Also whats a good class to use as my main to get to know the game? Something good and fun to battle with
>>
>>380868805
Yeh I assume i'll be playing by myself for a while until I get to a higher level. At what level can I participate in raids?
>>
>>380868813
Hunter, cause that's the class for mouthbreathers, so people won't be as mad as you for being a noob as other classes, cause it's expected of that class
>>
>>380868954
at the max level only, and only for current progression raids. nobody runs the previous raid content anymore, but I suppose you could just solo a good few of them now
>>
>>380867961
Nostalgy goggles are definitely real in most cases, but the current state of wow is horrible
>>
>>380867292

Don't bother playing this, you'll regret it
The gameplay is boring as fuck because they simplified it so much over the years.

If you want to play WoW go on Elysium-Project private server.
>>
>>380869442
idgaf about the number of players, I hope all the casuals fuck off forever, if you don't do mythic raiding, the game isn't entertaining, simple as that

In fact, I hope more shitters leave the game so Blizz caters less to them
>>
>>380868065

Haven't they effectively written out a lot of the previous stuff, though?
>>
>>380869776
How's that related to what I wrote? And what exactly do you mean, if you want me to answer correctly
>>
>>380869710
why don't they just remove the rest of the game besides endgame raiding then? Nobody even plays the leveling content anymore they just auto level up to max. the other 90% of the game is pretty much worthless and wasted resources now
>>
>>380870357

I mean, hasn't a whole lot of content from prior expansions been dropped over the years? I'm just wondering what "pre-Legion" includes, is all.
>>
>>380870659
World quests to other continents with themed rewards: mounts/transmogs/pets/etc. Would make the _world_ more lively again
>>
>>380870703
The content is there, it's just that nobody bothers to do it except to get to 110 faster
>>
>get that wow itch again
>try retail
>it's shit
>try pservers
>they're shit

the community really made the game
and that will never be back
>>
Choosing the class in that game is based more off of personal play style and if you want to play more pve or pvp
>>
>>380874837

What are the prime PvE classes?
>>
>>380867687
> I mainly want to do quests/do dungeons and loot and stuff

O shit then you really are going to want play a privater server. New WoW is q simulator
>>
>Jay Wilson - Fired
>Holinka - Moved to a Quit Team

>Celestalon - Pending
>Ion - Pending

2 to go before WoW has a chance again
>>
>>380868334
Don't listen to these faggots, they're bullshitting you hard.

Wow has become so streamline, it is easy for you to be the biggest casual and get decent gear. I played this game on my own and I managed to get to finish NH HC (yeah, you need a serious guild for Mythic since PUGS suck ass).

At the same time, most people don't even do Mythic and have a great dislike to it and you're not missing out on much + due to titanforging, you can get better gear from HC than Mythic, with less the hassle.

As for leveling dungeons, everything is so fucking easy, it's just one click away and most of the time you will encounter faggots with heirlooms (like me) who will make the run a "click follow and go do something else while they clear everything" simulator. There's no challenge to this game and at this point, it's perfect for a casual.

I wish I could be raiding like I did back in TBC and Lich King, but fucking no time to schedule around guilds and to be honest, I simply can not be arsed.

I am sitting at 910 with 7 legendaries and I only played this casually, if I can do it, anyone can.
>>
>>380876379
Thanks for the time writing that, Also how long did it take you to achieve this? I plan to dedicate a lot of time into WoW this summer and I wonder how long it'll take before I can do raids and have decent gear.
>>
>>380877872
once you hit 110 you can join LFR (which is super casual raids) and LFG (which is super casual 5 man dungeons) almost right after you hit 110.

from there you want to find a guild that is building a raid team for normal mode of which there are a ton so long as you don't join a dead server (join stormrage for alliance or area 52 for horde)
>>
>>380878254
Alright thanks, will do. Do you think I should buy legion right off the bat or is it unnecessary at first if I plan to level up a character myself.
>>
>>380878515
there's a free trial you can use up to level 20 I think.

but if you're sure you want to dive in you may as well just buy legion since if I recall correctly it comes with a free level 100 character boost (meaning you can start a character at level 100).

also have you already made your bnet account and gotten started? if not what's your email? let me send you a recruit a friend thing and get a free mount ;^)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/recruit-a-friend/

i've actually been considering leveling a warrior myself
>>
I already had battlenet and started the trail. I think I got a flying mount from playing hearthstone back in 2014. I made 2 classes so far a Warrior and a Druid both are around level 10. I've just been walking around doing random quests so far. Would starting at a level 100 character be overwhelming for a new player, also I wouldnt know what to do with skills ect..
>>
>>380880372
that will vary from person to person. I have no issue jumping into a new class/spec at max level.

when you buy legion the boost will be there for you regardless for whenever you feel like using it
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.