[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing, it's a fantastic game. Multi-phase bosses, best gameplay of the series.
>>
>>380866006
I didn't play Bloodborne so I can't say that it has the best gameplay, but I agree with you in the other things.
>>
It's actually really good, I'm just tired of Souls games.
>>
>>380865509
should I skip II and play this one directly?
>>
>>380867026
Yes. If you still want more you can play 2.
>>
Worst gameplay in the DAS series, ugly brown and grey maps, boring bosses trivialized by the game's roll mechanics.
>>
>>380867026
Nah, don't bother with playing anything since you cant even make your own opinion on games. Probably watch a lets play with commentary, that would be perfect for you.
>>
>>380865509
It's not Demon's Souls.
>>
>>380867026
play 2 first nig
>>
too short.
such a shame because it's the best souls game
>>
>>380867226
This to be fucking honest and I hate DaS2 with passion.
>>
>>380865509
Too Short
Too linear
Too Easy

It does have the best bosses in the series
>>
>>380867367
>too short
Jesus, if it were any longer I'd have never finished it. such a goddamn boring slog through nothing but castles and swamps. maybe if it weren't strictly linear it might be more fun, but the areas still wouldn't be any less shit
>>
The community and the devs catering to that shit community.

>Too hard
>Too many options
>I want to feel badass
>I don't want to think
>I want to be fast
>I want to feel like i'm beating a hard game but not really hard
>I want the story to make no sense just like DaS1
>I'm a piece of shit

>Delivered then
>>
>>380865509
You tell us, faggot.
>>
>>380867026
two is generally considered the worst, and it doesnt tie into 3 in anyway at all

its essentially a spinoff skip it unless you are extremely interested
>>
>>380865509
Aesthetics are a turn off, but above all, LINEARITY.
It also feels rather short, not much replay value, and the 'homages' to previous titles are over-the-top and gives a feeling they didn't innovate much.

Weapon memory is a bit of a turn-off, but it's the invasion limits that suck. They should have no upper limit throughout like in OG DaS, not just beyond SL 352. Please don't try defend this with bitching about the abomination that is Soul Memory, this is simply one of the aspects of DaS3 that could have been done better.
>>
>>380867026
no.
it's not even that bad of a game, just many fans think it's the worst in the series.
the worst in a series =/= bad
>>
>>380867954
2 is literally canon though and has a fuckton of items that appear in 3, as well as an NPC and entire area
>>
>>380865509
It wasn't like Dark Souls 2.
>>
File: 1494247909147.jpg (551KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494247909147.jpg
551KB, 1920x1080px
>>380865509
They went too far in a few places.
>>
>>380865509

enemies with infinite stamina and 8 hit combos that arent difficult to kill but tedious because you have to just stand there and watch them whiff at the air for 10 seconds
>>
>>380867954
Two is objectively best if it wasn't memed to oblivion and it's more canon than 3 since it actually has a story
>>
>>380868297
Fair point. Though it's references pale in comparison to the sheer amount of references to Dark Souls
>>
It's a lifeless, required-by-contract sequel like DaS2.
>>
>>380868598
something being canon doesnt matter if it has no impact on current or future events
>>
>>380865509
Help me I can't choose between playing as Guts in this game or Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>380865509
Bad world layout that leads to incredibly sluggish segments and the game's flow really suffers until the catacombs.
Level design is alright but not too great.
The game's central hub is disconnected from everything else and the game ruthlessly concentrates all the utility services into the hub.
Crap combat design even if the execution is probably the second best in the series (behind Bloodborne) since it feels better to control your character.
No real spark of creativity and effort and no attention to detail even if there is superficially nothing wrong with any major features.
Lots of fanservice that's poorly done and the game brings nothing really new to the table that it develops.

>>380866006
Problem is that they're always only 2 phases and with few exceptions it's always health %.

>>380867026
You don't have to. The games don't tie into each other all that much and DaS2 is a very abrasive experience due to its very mixed level of quality whereas by contrast DaS3 is inoffensive but has no real substance.
>>
>>380867226
>>380867409

>being this butthurt over nothing
>>
>>380866006
this. i only wish it would be a little less linear. like DS1 for example
>>
Flails not available
>>
>>380868729
I'd say they're pretty close. Just look at the lists of weapon, armors, and rings. Close to half are from 1, close to half are from 2, then the remaining few are new to 3.

The reuse of assets in 3 is staggering, and yes I realize it's a sequel and things should return from previous games. But it barely feels like they tried to make it its own game
>>
>dead pvp
>all weapons have same moveset
>retextured bosses
>even utubers beat them in 3 tryes

I dont know.
>>
>>380868996
C'mon, people are always asking if DaS2 should be skipped or not, if it is good nor not. Fucking play the game and make up your own mind about it.
>>
>>380868826
>it's shit because series isn't 20fps and exclusive anymore
I seriously think PC killed it I remember playing demon's souls it was great the resolution was godtier.
>>
>>380869250
Are you sure you're replying to the correct post?
Because it seems you're just trying to create a consolewar where it doesn't exist.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.