[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Fire Emblem game is the best overall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: smlGLm2.jpg (221KB, 990x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smlGLm2.jpg
221KB, 990x1080px
Which Fire Emblem game is the best overall?
>>
Sacred Stones
>>
Why is it so popular to genderswap Ike
>>
>>380862069
Can you imagine how much those things must jiggle around? Like having a counterweight added to your every movement.
>>
File: Mozarellla.png (82KB, 277x194px) Image search: [Google]
Mozarellla.png
82KB, 277x194px
POST RANKS NIGGERS

7 = Conquest > 4 > Awakening > PoR > 6 > 8 > Birthright = Revalations
>>
>>380862069
Clearly Awakening as it saved Fire Emblem.
>>
>>380862646
Because buff hunks make excellent busty babes.

>>380862742
As a trained warrior, she's be able to use that effectively, putting more force into her swings using the counterbalancing.
>>
>>380863092
This is basically mine but remove 8, put New Mystery equal to Awakening, and put Shadow Dragon under BR.
>>
>>380862646
It's carried hard by a single artist
>>
Heroes because they removed all RNG bullshit from the combat and it's going to keep FE alive for years to come

Sacred Stones is my actual favorite, I don't care if it's the best or not
>>
>>380863834
A very good artist, at least.
>>
>>380863224
die
>>
File: WhereAreTheDongs.gif (865KB, 370x281px) Image search: [Google]
WhereAreTheDongs.gif
865KB, 370x281px
>>380863935

I keep seeing this opinion that no RNG makes the game better, but I've yet to understand it - Without RNG Fire Emblem is a pretty piss-poor strategy game that just boils down to having better stats than the enemy. Having the element of RNG at least bestows the games with an unpredictability that creates tense, organic, and most importantly exciting moments, i.e back-and-forth arena matchups, a shit unit becoming an avatar of death because the RNG was kind to him, and landing a crit that wins you the level. Sure,sometimes RNG gets your favorite unit killed or screws over your waifus level ups but that only helps reinforce the thinking-on-your-feet aspect of the strategy. I feel that FE is at it's best when you do an ironman run and constantly adapt your strategies depending on what units you have left rather than resetting because your crutch unit died, because the latter just ends up making the endgame a complete breeze devoid of strategy.
>>
>>380863834
Hilariously enough the artist eventually got signed to make a gender change game and they made the main character look exactly like gender swapped Ike.
>>
>>380865691
>Sure,sometimes RNG gets your favorite unit killed or screws over your waifus level ups

Which is precisely why RNG is a bad mechanic, especially when it's an "If the main character/important unit gets killed it's game over" mission.
>>
>interesting games
>only on handhelds
Why??
>>
>>380863092
7 > PoR > Conquest > RD > Awakening > 8 > 6 > Birthright/Revelation
>>
File: 20120318.jpg (324KB, 1517x1074px) Image search: [Google]
20120318.jpg
324KB, 1517x1074px
>you will never marry Lady Ike and have children with her

>>380866079
Ike's duology were some of the best games in the series.
>>
>>380862069
Radiant Dawn > PoR > 7 > 8 > Awakening > Conquest
>>
Path of Radiance is my overall favorite mainly because I actually really enjoy the story and characters.

Conquest would be my favorite gameplay wise.
>>
File: 1477621534845.png (2MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1477621534845.png
2MB, 1240x1754px
Best boy and best girl. How can anyone else compete?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.