[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you improve the PC Gaming Show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
After another boring show this E3, how would you make it better?

Hardmode: No Steam shilling
>>
Remove the talking, play the trailers.
>>
>>380861575
New host
>>
>>380861575
No more shooters.
>>
Announce games that aren't just indie shit and games that take advantage of the latest hardware.
>>
>>380861575
New developments in AI
>>
>>380861575
Get rid of it
Consoles are for games, pc is for shitposting
Nobody plays pc games anymore
>>
>>380861575
copy the xbox/ps4 format - loads of trailers and minimal marketing talk
>>
>>380861629
>Remove the talking, play the trailers.
This. It's the reason Nintendo won this year. They had the trailers and entertainment clearly separated from the treehouse live gameplay.
>>
>>380861575
don't pull out chairs when a guy is talking about his game, in fact don't interview the guy talking about his game in the middle of a show.

PC show was beyond boring. best game they showed was fucking ooblets and microsoft barely gave that game a fraction of their time in the xbox show. most of the PC games were low quality games. PC game show should make someone know that the difference between PC and console is power and none of the games they showed demonstrated power.
>>
>>380862276
>best game they showed was fucking ooblets
but Mountainblade 2 was the best
>>
Get rid of the PC Gaming Show and replace it with the VR Gaming Show. You could draw all the makers of VR games to go to it because it'll have the most relevant viewer base of any conference and in turn more people interested in VR will watch it. It'll also free up the rest of E3 for people who don't care about VR games.
>>
SHOW TWO HOURS OF MOUNTAIN BLADE II AND GET RID OF THE REST OF THE GARBAGE. MAYBE 20 MINUTES OF KINGDOM CÜM
>>
File: 1495803345547.jpg (77KB, 596x594px) Image search: [Google]
1495803345547.jpg
77KB, 596x594px
>>380861575
Improve PC gaming in general so it's not just e-sports and AMD shilling, the same 3 or so companies releasing something worthwhile and the awkward promotional stuff.

This year's show was much better than the last one since they actually revealed some cool stuff like that pokeyman's clone for the PC, Mountain Blade Too and the KF2 seasonal event.
>>
the pc gaming show, like the pc as a platform, is practical. there's a balance of talking informative segments and trailer showcases.

sony treats it like a fucking apple unveiling. microsoft rivals ubisoft in the sheer number of awkward moments and buzzwords. nintendo do a direct like they always do.

most people's complaints are that the pc gaming show didn't get them 'hyped' enough. i don't even need to tell you how fucking stupid these people are.
>>
>>380862276
do people still give a shit about power and graphics? i like pc because the selection of games is cool, a lot more risks are taken in pc game development and also i can emulate hundreds of the best games of all time. my rig is beefy but i'm not gonna play a fucking graphicswhore game if the game isn't fun.
>>
>>380861575
>how would you make it better?
Get rid of all the dumb shit like mountain blade.
>>
>>380862939
>AMD shilling

AMD wasn't as bad as Intel this year.
>>
Announce actual games
>>
>>380861575
Give it back to AMD, so we can get the comfy couch and desk back.

Fucking intel didn't even get decent lighting, and had their guests sit in barstools. How fucking cheap can you get?
>>
replace it by prepreshow
>>
>>380861575
Merge it with MS' conference.
>>
#girlwood
>>
>>380865998
But then how would MS show off the 4kBox?
>>
>>380866737
The same that Intel shilled their new CPU.
>>
Show trailers and gameplay demos of new games. That's all you need to do for any E3 conference.
>>
>>380862123
That's what xbonex and sony did
>>
Do what Sony and Nintendo does and actually play trailers instead of using most of the time to just ramble about bullshit nobody wants to hear at the moment
That and actually show Bannerlord instead of 30 seconds of generic M&B combat that does even show the new mechanics
>>
>>380861575
They had microsoft come on to mention games they had already shown, so I understand they skimmed them really quick but even just showing new gameplay from the games running on pc would have been a better choice to filling the void instead of talking.
>>
>>380861575
does anyone even watch this?
pc is my main platform that and my 3ds and i watched every conference except pc gaming show
what do they even anounce there? Multiplats?
>>
>>380861575
> don't do interviews at the main show
> hardware neutral
> run trailers of exclusives and have release dates
> demonstrate the power of PCs and show people that this is the superior console
> get a decent host, he must not be cringey, don't ever put a woman on stage unless she's actually important to the industry somehow (no diversity hires and camwhore bimbos, or both)
> showcase some promising indies and not just hipster pixelshit, but this is never the focus
> shouldn't be more than 45 minutes
>>
>>380867850
>> get a decent host, he must not be cringey, don't ever put a woman on stage unless she's actually important to the industry somehow (no diversity hires and camwhore bimbos, or both)

Why cant the host be a she?
>>
Fun fact, Microsoft's E3 conference makes for a better PC Gaming Show than the actual PC Gaming Show.
>>
>>380861575
I will reveal Cyberpunk 2077 on it.
That would make it 100% than everything else and a winner the moment the reveal happens.

Cyberpunk 2077 thread btw.
>>
>>380861876
>2017
>console still exists
>>
>>380861687
>New host
Day9 is the only thing that makes it watchable though.
>>
>>380861575
>Kick the fuck out of Day9

Annoying piece of shit ex-Blizzard shill who is nothing original and just plain annoying reddit tier.

>Make others sponsor the event

Im not interested in computer parts shilling when watching E3, there already is tons of tech events. I wanna watch vidya. Kick Intel/AMD off as sponsors.

>Invite PC-friendly AAA developers/Valve etc?

Most devs who where there was only just indie shit.
>>
>>380867986
because a she will just be some random marketing/model slut who knows nothing about PC vidya.
>>
>>380867986
Name a female E3 host in recent years that
> wasn't a camwhore
> didn't seem like a diversity hire
> didn't come off as artificial

Obviously there are sliding scales to this, I'd much rather have a presentable female who has a nice face and an earnest tone of voice even if it's clear she doesn't actually play games then some obnoxious self-proclaimed "GURL GAMER" with hair resembling some sort of exotic fungus.
>>
>>380867007
>shilling for Porsche
>showing dumbasses hanging from their feet on stage
>>
>>380869096
>indie shit
The problem with AAA devs is that most of them have deals with console manufacturers to promote their games as the best experience being on console.
>>
File: FUTURES FUTURE!.png (241KB, 800x471px) Image search: [Google]
FUTURES FUTURE!.png
241KB, 800x471px
>>380869351
>>
>>380866912
this. wtf were they thinking. end of the day you are selling/showcasing the product. You can do that wacky shit at your own booth
>>
>>380872124
>excessive cussing
who ever thought that would be a good idea. any foul language should never be considered unless its in the trailer/game.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.