[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they worse than Project M fags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 29

File: ujgItgc.jpg (3MB, 2629x1229px) Image search: [Google]
ujgItgc.jpg
3MB, 2629x1229px
Are they worse than Project M fags?
>>
Nintendo please fuck off
>>
>>380853638
What's so bad about Project M fags?
>>
The worst is the nintendo fans that are angry that a fan made a better game than the real deal.
>>
>>380853873
>>380853857
>>380853747
LOL
Like clockwork
>>
>>380853873
>>380853638
from kotaku

AMR2 Creator:

>“Metroid is the only Nintendo universe with a cohesive story, with a well defined continuity. People could enjoy most chapters of that story while playing great solid games. The only chapter that felt outdated was Metroid 2. So finally releasing AM2R added that last piece that was missing.

>Metroid: Samus Returns departs quite a lot from the source material, and the new abilities seem to add some depth to the combat. It’s really interesting to see what an entire dev team can do with the same source material, compared to my humble rendition. … I’m very curious about what the Metroid Queen (the final boss) will play like. I’m sure it’ll be epic.

>Given how different both games are. I’m sure many people will see my game as more than just Another Metroid 2 Remake.”

Sakamoto:

>“We heard about it first after we had already started development. We know it exists, the fact that a fan is out there and really likes the series this much"
>>
What happened with Project M? The tards on leddit deleted all information on it.
>>
I always liked Super Smash Flash 2 desu
>>
>>380853638
Yes.
>>
>>380854037
It's pleasant to know Sakamoto is aware of AM2R to me honestly.
>>
>>380853747

This. Ever since fans shit all over Other M and Fed Force Nintendo shills have been trying to use divide and conquer tactics on the Metroid fanbase blaming all pf their issues on primefag boogeymen and now people who liked AM2R (which is damn near all of /v/)
>>
>>380853747
>>380853873
>>380855082
Way to prove OP right
>>
File: 1349791659774.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1349791659774.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
Wait

There are people who didn't like AM2R? It did everything right, I can't even think of anything I'd want to change in it AND It was a labour of love released for free, what more could anyone ask for?
>>
>>380855692
I recall people who dislike it saying the atmosphere of the original was lost in AM2R and then you have other fags who just think since it's a fan game it's shit.
>>
>>380854037
>Metroid is the only Nintendo universe with a cohesive story
lmao
>>
>>380855692
Terrible animations and sound design
The poor design of the open areas aren't actually fixed and are even presented worse with AM2Rs gameplay
Metroid hunting is actually not fun at all and even repetitive at it's worst.

It's fine for a fan game, but that's all I'll give it.
>>
Pretty unbearable. Yes it gets the most bare bone "objective" aspects like the mechanics right, but it lacks the incredible art, music, and atmosphere of Super Metroid. It's a solid game, but it doesn't have the polish to make it raise to anything more than that. Its rabid fans are mostly just contrarians and its tiring because you know some day they'll grow out of this phase but that you have to bear until then. And then there'll be a new generation of retards lined up right behind them.
>>
>>380856404
>The poor design of the open areas aren't actually fixed and are even presented worse with AM2Rs gameplay

What's wrong with them? I think the big-temple-in-open-space scheme worked fine in both M2 and AM2R. Looks like they are keeping it in samus returns too, only with 3D backgrounds to make it convincing.

Also calling it a "fine" fan game is ignoring 95% of the work that was actually good. It's a good fan game.
>>
new game looks decent

AM2R is decent

It does have a few problems, for instance the overuse of assets from other games, it took so lon to release that you would expect it not to have ZM sprites all over the place

Also the sound, I must be one of the few that don't like the music at all compared to any Metroid game. Some of it is amateurish shit like the item found music.

Mechanically it's neat, it's just right. Metroid hunting at first had this issue with one boss (that got patched later if I'm not mistaken) that killed the federation force faggots.

It's really fine but it's not the best by any chance, I've seen romhacks more polished. And I have a feeling the new game will be pretty flawed as well, but not as shit as some people make it out to be. Also that some people mistakenly think they took down AM2R because of their remake. Even if it didn't exist they would do the same.
>>
File: 1491061744424.png (52KB, 412x357px) Image search: [Google]
1491061744424.png
52KB, 412x357px
This is slightly off-topic but why do people keep saying Nintendo took AM2R down due to the new game being worked on? Nintendo has been taking down a shitload of fan games in general, I don't understand why people are making this connection.
>>
>>380856025
It's true though. The games all follow a distinct continuity. Mario doesn't do that. Zelda doesn't do that. Kirby doesn't do that.
>>
>>380855856
>atmosphere was lost
it's a gameboy game for fucks sake, what atmosphere? did they expect a green&white game?
>>
File: 1310491334001.jpg (31KB, 313x343px) Image search: [Google]
1310491334001.jpg
31KB, 313x343px
>>380857841
I'd imagine it's the same purists who will argue Pokemon Gold/Silver are superior to their DS remakes because of the original sprite and sound aestetics. Which is a fair point if you happen to prefer them, but at that point I'd argue that you aren't interested in playing a remake in the first place; You literally just want to play the exact same game.

which honestly makes their shitposting all the more baffling seeing as a remake won't ever wipe their old cartridges off the face of the earth yet they still feel the need to rant about remakes as if they are a threat to them
>>
>>380858403
I thought the remakes were better, even though I loved the originals. The issue I found is with the classic music player on it, which not only isn't unlockable until you get all 16 badges, it doesn't sound much like original at all. It's more like "we just need chiptunes" and that's it. I think it could have been done better.
>>
>>380856025
Name one anon.
I'll name some that don't.
Mario, Zelda, fire emblem, f-zero, star fox, Xenoblade, Wario Ware.
>>
>>380858946
Pikmin
>>
File: Nintendo BTFO Wojak crying.jpg (98KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo BTFO Wojak crying.jpg
98KB, 808x805px
>>380853638
Samus Returns looks like shit

Fuck off Nintenbro
>>
>>380859061
Where does the 3ds one fit in?
Also good answer.
>>
>>380857841
Millenial detected. Metroid 2 was very atmospheric, there was no game quite like it at the time. The weird ambient sounds and music made it feel very isolating, and the larger Samus sprite and open rooms gave it a much bigger sense of scale than the original. The game felt oppressive and alien, even more so than Super.
>>
Other M wasn't that bad.
Metroid Fusion was worse.
>>
>>380859218
Hey! Pikmin is a stage play The President made of Olimar's first trip to the planet to make mad cash. It's also the reason he didn't join Olimar and Louie in 3.
>>
>>380859309
>it's a "the game lacked everything so it stimulated my imagination" episode
bet you found Zork super atmospheric too
>>
Project M and AM2R are excellent games. Mother 4 will be great too.
>>
>>380859704
>he still thinks Mother 4 will be released
anon, I...
>>
>>380859556
I didn't say anything even remotely like that. Metroid 2 didn't lack anything, it was a rare example of an NES -> GB sequel that actually improved upon the original in many ways and scaled shit up instead of down. Metroid 2 made a lot of design choices that led to Super Metroid being what it was.
>>
>>380858946
Metroid Pinball is my favorite canon.
>>
>>380859803
He's impying Mother 4 will be a fanmade game.
Also, AM2R was basically a fan game, Project M is still just a mod.

Once a game crosses the line between mod and fanmade game, Nintendo takes it down.
Same happened to Prism, even if it was a heavily altered version of Crystal (if I'm not mistaken) it changed the game completely, basically making it a different game.

Project M only changes gameplay mechanics, and adds extra tidbits of content. It doesn't use Brawl to build a completely different game.
>>
File: Samus Returns vs AM2R.jpg (342KB, 572x778px) Image search: [Google]
Samus Returns vs AM2R.jpg
342KB, 572x778px
>>380853638
Just a question though.

Why does this game maker shit look so much better, visually? You'd figure Nintendo, with their billions of dollars and all their dev power would somehow be able to do better than some guy in his mom's basement, but here we are. I mean, play wise Samus Returns might be ok, but this is Mighty No.9 ugly...
>>
>>380860108
>He's impying Mother 4 will be a fanmade game.
I know the fanmade Mother 4 project. It's been years since they showed up stuff. They won't release it ever, specially after undertale stole their thunder
>>
>>380860270
AM2R is higher resolution for starters and was in development for 10 fucking years. It also largely cops existing Metroid graphics.
>>
>>380854037
>Sakamoto:
>>“We heard about it first after we had already started development. We know it exists, the fact that a fan is out there and really likes the series this much"
>however, we fucking hate our fans. therefore, we have left him work on his shitty project for T E N Y E A R S before telling him to stop. he has wasted T E N Y E A R S of his life for nothing. fucking gaijin stop making better things than--
>.... oops i meant to say we are proud to have dedicated fans!!!!
>>
>>380857841
this is exactly why AM2R fags are cancer.
if you dont have eyes or ears on your fucking head metroid is not even for you.
>>
>>380860331
>undertale stole their thunder
If anything the fact that Undertale bred more Mother fans should light fire.

Undertale only takes inspiration from Mother. If you were planning to make a direct fan sequel and have it be anything like a game that merely takes inspiration from the title you're basing your game off, then you were already down the wrong path.

>>380860517
>he has wasted T E N Y E A R S of his life for nothing
>wasting 10 years of your life on a free fan game
:^)
>>
>>380860414
if you shrink AM2R down to the same res, it'll look even better (or the opposite).
no matter how you try to shill and defend nintendo, low res, low poly models for mobiles will NEVER look as good as hand made sprites.
>>
>>380860517
>for nothing
He finished his game and released it to the public. That's as much success as you can hope to have when you're violating both copyright and trademark.
>>
>>380860517
He still finished and release the game you stupid fuck.
>>
>>380860517
>for nothing
But the game released and you can easily find downloads of it.
>>
>>380860270
samus returns is just an update, meanwhile am2r is closer to being an homage.

i can tell the developers of samus returns are just a bunch of castlevania/ninja gaiden fans, probably even worked on other m.

not that its a bad thing, but they really dont care if the game looks pretty, they just want it to get it working.
>>
File: 1445725968047.jpg (84KB, 312x321px) Image search: [Google]
1445725968047.jpg
84KB, 312x321px
>>380856404
>Terrible animations and sound design
>>
AM2R was great, if you didn't play it because it was C&D'd, you're a retard
>>
>>380860878
He's right about the animations, they're pretty bad.
>>
>>380860836

theyre literally castlevania devs and had nothing to do with other m
>>
>>380860962
They aren't at all. They're better than the official games. Samus even has a idle animation.
>>
>>380860414
>was in development for 10 fucking years
You say that like AM2R had a development team the size of an actual developer studio and like the guy behind it was investing all his time into the game. Proportionally speaking, there's still little excuse for AM2R to look that much better.
>>
File: 1496708096611.jpg (49KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1496708096611.jpg
49KB, 402x604px
>>380853638
>AM2R
>pretty tight game, respects the source material and makes something that in some areas doesn't look very polished but delivers what it aimed to
>it was good, a decent play if you are a fan of the series

>Metroid 2 remake
>might be the exact same thing but with 3D graphics, some new mechanics that adds a bit more to the metroid formula and overall some gameplay quality improvements
>showed gameplay looked decent but until it launches it's pointless to argue about it

You know I rather celebrate that a new Metroid game that aims to be classic is about to be released instead of being a sperg about it.
People are scared of change, and for good reason, but after all these years this definitely deserves a chance, unlike that Metroid Federation game.
>>
>>380860270
If that is what the game is going to look like dunk Samus Returns in the toilet and don't stop until the shit fully flushes.
>>
>Nintendo doesn't release anything Metroid for several years
Fuck nintendo why aren't they releasing anything metroid at all

>Nintendo releases a Metroid game, arguably a spinoff
Fuck nintendo it isn't a Metroid game you pieces of shit I hope it bombs

>Nintendo releses an actual Metroid game
Fuck nintendo it isn't the way I want it to look like I hope this doesn't sell
>>
>>380861806
You would think after both a Prime and 2D game people wouldn't complain but here we are.

Literally Smashfag tier
>>
>>380861806
>arguably a spinoff
It is objectively a spinoff, and that's fine.

>I hope this doesn't sell
It's on 3DS so it probably won't.
Who /spacepirate/ here?
>>
>>380860270
Better screen resolution for one. Also I imagine it's easier to both create and refine sprite assets than 3D models.
>>
>>380862061
See you in nine years after the third Metroid drought.
I'll be sure to give you another you.
>>
>>380861806
Literally who are you quoting?
>>
>>380860270
High quality sprite art intended to run at 1080p min vs low quality polygons intended to run at 240p
>>
>>380861806
>AM2R is released
>everyone loves it because there hasn't been a Metroid game in years

>new Metroid games announced
>suddenly Nintendo fanboys start screeching that AM2R is shit
>>
It honestly pisses me off how people are nitpicking fucking everything to fit their falseflagging agenda of the game being bad.
They bitch about the parry even when it's optional, as are the aeion powers; they bitch about the artstyle even though the new suit design is leaps and bounds better than Other M and needless to say FF; they bitch about the graphics because they're lo-res shit as it is to be expected from the 3DS's shit hardware, or simply because "muh sprites"; they bitch because the game COULD end up being bad, even though we have plenty of footage showing it really doesn't even look that bad.

Why are you so bitter and cynical?
>>
>>380853638
Yes.
>>
>>380862727
>Why are you so bitter and cynical?

Mercury Steam.

If it was literally any other developer I wouldn't be nearly as skeptical. But Mercury Steam has proven itself incapable of making a game that isn't garbage.
>>
>>380861806
>Nintendo does something bad or half assed

>right on que assblasted fanboys come out of the woodwork to defend their dumb decisions and products.
>>
>>380862310
That one part of the fanbase, generalizing?

>>380862043
It's been like this for years. Other M was disgusting and all and Nintendo seemed to abandon the series. Now they're bringing it back and getting much closer to what 2D fags wanted BUT it is still not enough. I don't know why Nintendo bothered, I thought they learned with mother fans.
>>
>>380859985
damn right it is
>>
>>380862727
If this was any other game or any other company you would be just as skeptical and "nit pcky." But because Iwata-San told you to like this when you pray to him at night you have to put the blinders on. This looks on par with mighty number 9 and at least that game had the excuse that it was creating something somewhat new and wasn't a pointless remake in the wake of an excellent one.
>>
File: robin-wouters-2d-metroid-copy.jpg (417KB, 1920x1081px) Image search: [Google]
robin-wouters-2d-metroid-copy.jpg
417KB, 1920x1081px
>tfw expected beautiful 2d visuals from a new 2D metroid game
>get terrible 2.5d visuals

why, nintendo, why?
>>
>>380862916
Name another game that Retro made before Prime that wasn't mediocre. Had they even done anything before that?
Oh wait, are you gonna retort by saying Prime was never good anyway?
>>
File: raughs.jpg (6KB, 155x201px) Image search: [Google]
raughs.jpg
6KB, 155x201px
>tfw nintendo will get all the shekels and purist faggot fanmade game did nothing of money
>>
>>380860710
>when you're violating both copyright and trademark.
Wouldn't AMR2 fall under fair use?
>>
>>380860270
Why does that Zeta Metroid in the 3D remake look so fucking terrible?
>>
File: file.png (316KB, 624x372px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
316KB, 624x372px
>Don't mind me, just trivializing your game.
>>
>>380863462
The good old Nintendo Monkey Paw

>You want a new 2D Metroid? Here you go, except it's 2.5D
>You want a new Star Fox? You got it, except you have to wave a hunk of plastic around to aim

Maybe people shouldn't be hoping for a new F-Zero game TOO much.
>>
>>380863489
Prime was literally their first game, underage, and they knocked it out of the park. MC has developed a bunch of mediocre to bad games, so it is very understandable that people are hesitant to be hyped for a new game by them.
We shouldn't forget that MC and Konami hyped of MoF as a return to the Metroidvania formula of the GBA and DS Castlevania games, but instead turned out into a muddled mess that was linear but at times a bit more open. It was just trash.
>>
>>380863462

The only Nintendo series these days that uses spritework is Mario and Luigi (and Boxboy, I guess). Why would you expect otherwise?
>>
>>380862101
>Also I imagine it's easier to both create and refine sprite assets than 3D models.
If that was true, games would still be made in 2D, anon.
Spritework is more time consuming than 3D, so 3D is cheaper. That's why everyone does 3D.
>>
>>380863489

Retro Studios was founded to make Metroid Prime, and essentially run as a 2nd party studio that was fully accountable to Nintendo.

Mercury Steam is a licensed game developer with a dire track record and no business loyalty to Nintendo. The two situations are completely different.

I hope this game is amazing, and Mercury Steam really learns how to make fun video games from it. I don't want any game to be shitty and bad. But I'm being realistic here.
>>
>>380863838
Honestly, the problem isn't the 3D, it's the ugly, low poly models and the kind of muddy textures. The aesthetics need work.
>>
>>380863952
>>380863832

the fuck

Retro was a studio that dame a ton of failed prototypes in which higher ups spent money on hookers and shit...

nintendo bought their shares, fired them all and replaced them with NoA exeutives
>>
File: sandcave-620x.jpg (39KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
sandcave-620x.jpg
39KB, 620x372px
>>380863994
All 2.5D platformers on the 3DS are ugly, no exceptions.
>>
>>380864216
>Cave Story 3D
Goddamn it's ugly. Why did they even bother?
>>
>>380863458
Just as bad Mighty Blunder 9?
Come the FUCK on, are you so obnoxiously contrarian that anything and everything they could possibly do will be lowered to M9N levels of incompetence?
Are you arguing the footage we have paints the game as being as bad as anime fans on prom night?
For fucks sake, there's a difference between being cautious and being flat out unwilling to accept something out of pure distilled bias.
>>
>>380864310

Nicalis apparently hasn't milked CS for all its worth yet.

>another fucking port is releasing next week for the Switch
>>
>>380853638
Metroid fans as a whole are a cancerous breed.
>>
File: 1401807946129.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1401807946129.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>380860270
>240p vs 1080p
>>380860836
>muh other m boogeymans

The game actually looks good, the maps are updated and there are new powerups. Even additional content to expand the story and gameplay. The story is also in the background and optional to even notice so storyfags need not apply.

AM2R fanbois are pretty bad, it took a fantactic game idea and coppied the artsyle and gameplay of another. Yes its cool to have ZM2R because metroid 2 in ZM style movement was great. The music was meh not really memorable at all and a a lot of the metroid fights were pretty bad honestly. I love the extra content and that it came out in my lifetime though.

Thing is M2 is one of my favorite metroids in the entire series, the lifecycle of the metroids is just too good and finally getting to see it with a full graphics and gameplay update is going to be sweet.

And before you say b-b-but am2r already did that, no it fucking didnt. AM2R is in the fusion/ZM generation of gameplay. Stilted as fuck but a million times better than M1 and 2. The smooth joystick movement of the new game looks fantastic.

>not realizing were in the best timeline because we are finally getting all these metroid games so close to each other
I'm ready for the next evolution of metroid. Are you?

Oh one last thing
>muh parry
Its not as bad as you idiots are thinking. In fact its probably the one thing samus always needed.
>hurrr muh casuals
Yeah no, try and remember how metroid works in game design before spouting shit.
>>
File: 1425962642039.png (1MB, 2048x768px) Image search: [Google]
1425962642039.png
1MB, 2048x768px
>>380864542
Oh I forgot the BEST FUCKING PART
>emulating SR in 1080p
>>
File: 1497528542051.png (237KB, 691x650px) Image search: [Google]
1497528542051.png
237KB, 691x650px
>>380864409
>Tfw was so into Cave Story when I was a teen that I bought 4 different versions of it
>Tfw grow up to be a stingy Jew and look back on all the money wasted
>>
File: 1494730734685.gif (554KB, 540x772px) Image search: [Google]
1494730734685.gif
554KB, 540x772px
>>380864409
>Game doesn't have proper resolutions on Windows 10
>Mac version still crashes on startup as far as i know
>>
>>380853638

they're only mildly annoying, comparing them to PM fags is a huge overreaction
>>
File: 06b.jpg (24KB, 664x662px) Image search: [Google]
06b.jpg
24KB, 664x662px
>>380864542
>The music was meh not really memorable at all
>>
>>380864875
>AM2R fags cant stand that its not as good as the best music in the franchise
It was better than ZM and Fusion but thats only down to the GBA's garbage sound chip butchering everything.

I played it 3 fucking times and still can only remember the central cave theme.
>>
>>380864542
>The smooth joystick movement
You mean the "smooth" CIRCLE PAD movement?
No thanks, I'll use the D-Pad.
>>
>>380864997
Dpad is for AEION selection. Like metroid prime gus.
Movement and aiming are all circle pad
>>
>>380864542
>Its not as bad as you idiots are thinking. In fact its probably the one thing samus always needed.
Yeah, what samus needed was a move that lets her one-shot bosses with no trouble.
>>
File: 350px-MP2_Donkey_Kong.png (153KB, 350x287px) Image search: [Google]
350px-MP2_Donkey_Kong.png
153KB, 350x287px
>>380864997
>muh digital inputs in a game with analogue movement and aiming
Are you a faggot?
Do you think its a bad thing to aim while standing?

And I mean joystick.
>he doesnt emulate everything
>>
File: 1476540389075.gif (93KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
1476540389075.gif
93KB, 314x319px
>>380865143
I'll give it a try before I decide to smash something out of anger.
>>
>>380864160
Not really. Retro was from the start a Nintendo developer and they started working on 4 prototypes for the gamecube, and eventually, only one prototype met Nintendo's and Miyamoto's standards and was reworked to be a 3D Metroid game.
>>
>>380864985
That's because you have terrible taste. AM2R OST's is on the level of the Prime games. None of the best 2D games have mind blowing soundtracks but AM2R knocks it out the ballpark.
>>
>>380865319
>Are you a faggot?
I don't know.
Why don't you bend over and figure it out, fuckboy?

>Do you think its a bad thing to aim while standing?
Have you ever played Zero Mission or Fusion?
>>
>>380865183
You must not know how metroid games work then if you think it will be useful beyond halfway through the game. If anything all it does is let you react in tunnel segments with armored enemies instead of retreating or damaging through to hit the other side.

Also
>hard mode
Until we get it we just dont know how useful it will be in the real mode.
>>
>>380864216
I think the main problem is the 3DS to be honest.

The shittiest resolution in the market still only works well on 2D. But they want to try to sell the 3D thing so hard that it's a problem.

What I will never understand is why the hell does nintendo think that XL models of any of their handhelds look fine while retaining the same resolutions. Looking at big pixels is not fun. Worse, for such low resolutions they use crappy antialiased fonts. It doesn't belong. Bitmap fonts still look much more readable. The DS used the same font for like 20 billion games and it was fucking fine. Some homebrew on 3DS also uses them. 3D shit just looks most of the time disgusting on the 3DS. 2D is neat, like the newest release of Cave Story on it (yeah, not that abomination on that picture you posted).

Hell the only 3D games I think look ok on 3DS are Animal Crossing and both N64 zeldas.
>>
>>380861806
Lmao who are you quoting?
I'm hype as shit for TWO NEW metroid games

I used to say I'd be happy with either a new Prime OR a new 2D metroid

And I'm getting BOTH like what the fuck
>>
>>380865496
>none of the 2D games
Super had better music.

Super is prime level, am2r is in between zm and fusion.
>>
>>38086518
You can literally kill ridley in 3 seconds in zero mission if you have enough missiles
>>
>>380860270
I like both honestly.
>>
>>380865590
>You must not know how metroid games work then if you think it will be useful beyond halfway through the game.
The way she destroys the first metroid boss, who was quite difficult in AMR2, is a fucking joke. Who needs to dodge or aim when you can just wait for them to attack and kill them for it?
>>
>>380865497
>hurr
In the GBA version you could only aim up without stopping to aim downward and locking your direction. It was a good system but also very clumsy until you mastered it. Then you could aim up and down mid jumping and crazy shit.

If you think we wont be able to lock directions and do the same shit after mastering the new controls you really are a faggot unfortunately.
>>
>>380860270

because pixel shit always looks better than bad 3D. its the same reason that N64 games have aged like shit while SNES games haven't
>>
>>380865701
>Super had better music.
False. Super's OST is pretty forgettable. It isn't reminisce of the Prime games at all too.
>>
>>380853638
>Oh no, I get TWO cakes. And the unofficial one will probably be better, but the official one will also probably taste great.

They're based on the same source material, but will both probably be different enough to make them entirely different beasts, and nothing i've seen of Samus Returns in action leads me to believe it'll be bad.
>>
>>380865830
>The way she destroys the first metroid boss
HAHAHAHA

Did you even play ZM? The first boss is a complete joke int that too that can even be killed the very first encounter.

Its like you idiots dont realize SR is doing literally everything ZM did to M1, yet somehow you got it in your heads that ZM is amazing and everything SR is doing is hot garbage when its literally the same fucking things.
>>
>>380865772
This is one of the few parts were Zero Mission falls flat.
The boss fights end in record time.

When I first saw Mecha Ridley I was ready for a final boss, and then I shot it like 7 times in the chest with Super Missiles.

>>380865905
>If you think we wont be able to lock directions and do the same shit after mastering the new controls
That's not the issue.
The issue is the circle pad sucks dick, like you probably do.

Why are you so obsessed with calling others faggots, Anon? Is there something you want to talk about?
>>
>>380865905
>The first boss has to be hard
You are failing to realize that SR will be a new game for kids and people used to today gaming standard. That's why it has chechpoints and difficulty curves and all that shit.

Am2r was a game for the hardcore fans.

Different targets and appeal
>>
>>380865979
>It isn't reminisce of the Prime games at all too.
Are you high?
Why the FUCK would a different game want to have the same kind of soundtrack . Prime is good but pretending others arent as good because they "arent reminiscent" of the prime games is going full retard.

I only played Super once since it was clunkier than I liked yet its sound track fit every environment way better than the stuff in AM2R and I played that shit several times
>>
>>380866054
>Did you even play ZM?
But we're talking about Metroid 2, and the first metroid in AMR2 was tough as balls if you weren't used to the game, due to the way it moves and rains bolts on the places you'd have to position yourself to hit their weakspot.

Now you can just counter and kill them in one attack. Pathetic, but I guess nintendo fans do like to have their hand held.
>>
>>380866257
>muh first boss is too easy in a remake
So because a fan game has a higher default difficulty its instantly better than every other version. Even though ZM literally did the exact same thing as SR is doing.

Ok.
>>
File: DOH.png (100KB, 917x368px) Image search: [Google]
DOH.png
100KB, 917x368px
I'm excited as hell for the new Metroid 2 remake (and Prime 4) but there is one thing that's going to bug the hell out of me, AM2R spoiled me on that whole insta-Morph Ball button, it made shit so quick and you could do it in midair. I don't think the 3DS game (unless I missed it happening during the Treehouse) is going to have that and it's going to bother me so hard.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (756KB, 2446x1468px) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
756KB, 2446x1468px
>>380855692
/v/ being /v/.

When it came out everyone was loving the fuck out of it.

It's good, damn good actually.

But like the creator said, it was faithful to the original, the remake nintendo is doing will deviate a lot.

It had a kickass soundtrack too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA3SdE8jid8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx-M0rZYtug
>>
>>380853638
worst than project M, better than meleefags
>>
>>380866054
>yet somehow you got it in your heads that ZM is amazing
It is amazing though.
It's easily one of the most fun titles.
It does have the flaw that every enemy in the game is kind of weak, but the story isn't in the way, you can backtrack and explore all you want, the powerups are great and Samus feels rather strong at all times which to me personally is somewhat of a good feeling.
I haven't played Hard Mode but hopefully that fixes some of the issues with boss fights and the damage you receive, and not just lowers the amount of explosive you can carry.
>>
File: iFqwByC[1].png (45KB, 287x274px) Image search: [Google]
iFqwByC[1].png
45KB, 287x274px
>>380865143
>D-pad
>not controlling Samus's movement
>in a game made by Yoshio "what's an analog stick" Sakamoto
>>
>>380866124
>That's not the issue.
>The issue is the circle pad sucks dick, like you probably do.
>Why are you so obsessed with calling others faggots, Anon? Is there something you want to talk about?

I'm this guy
>>380865319
>not emulating everything
I will enjoy using a joystick in 1080p

>muh faggots
Not my fault everyone on /v/ is a faggot.
Now move over its my turn to stick it in
>>
>>380866378
ZM didn't add a counter that makes every enemy piss easy, you dumb apologist. There's no longer a risk to letting the enemy get close because you can magically punch them into submission, and based on the footage we know it works on the big Zeta metroids too.
>>
>>380866509
Then SR will also be amazing.
Since its doing all the same shit.

You know, remake an already fantastic game and evolving the gameplay so Metroid 5 can be fucking awesome instead of just Zero Mission 2 like all so many seem to want
>>
>>380866442
Tapping the map turns you into a ball. But no momentum is preserved
>>
>>380866653
You realize that once you are strong enough no enemy will even be getting that close right? That by the second half of these kind of games samus if powerful as fuck and can usually destroy anything extremely easily. Even bosses with the proper strategy. So if you think a little parry is better than obliterating enemies from across the room before they can do anything thats on you.

Also you seem to be forgetting 2 things
>flying enemies
>hard mode
I bet the counter will be real useful for the first quarter but get less relevant as you go.

Heres the real question all you guys are forgetting.
WILL THE SPIDER BALL BE ABSOLUTE SHIT?
Because it was in am2r and the original. Worst part of both games
>>
>>380866705
It's something I guess, it's a shame it has to be assigned to the touch screen & it doesn't keep momentum though.
>>
>>380866240
No, AM2R could fit into a Prime game is what I'm saying. Super's OST fits the environment like every other Metroid game but the actual OST isn't that memorable or great. AM2R has a bunch of catchy and memorable themes like Hydro Station and Industrial Complex. Despite finishing Super yesterday I can barely remember a theme and most of it is just background noise.
>>
>>380854146
Still has a relatively successful community despite the creators giving up on it after legal action was threatened. They recently got like a 200 person event together
>>
>>380855692
I loved it. It's a brilliant remake that turns a mediocre at best game and makes it shine. But people who act like Nintendo are in the wrong for shutting it down are retarded. If they had a problem with it (and they clearly did) it's well within reason they pull the plug. The dev was well aware of this. You can't use another company's characters and world and everything else and not consider that maybe it's going to result in the project being shut down.
>>
>>380867012
>but the actual OST isn't that memorable
>opinions
I literally said I have the opposite feeling despite playing am2r many times more. I dont really want catchy music in metroid as much as am2r wanted me to, its fine, and I cant remember any of am2r tracks outside the central theme because its hammered into your head.

Were done
>>
>>380867012
>Super metroid music
>Anything but god tier
Fight me
>>
>>380867012
good one lad
>>
>>380867172
Okay

>>380867227
It's good but not god tier.
>>
File: 1449124348538.jpg (196KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449124348538.jpg
196KB, 600x800px
>>380866443
This is actually pretty accurate, but I've replayed Metroid, Metroid II, and Metroid Fusion since the announcement and I'd personally lower it to a neutral.

And I'd lower Other M to sleeping stickman having a nightmare, I think that's much more accurate.

>Tfw local gamestore is selling a copy of Trilogy
>already have all the main Prime games
Should I just be a collectorfag and buy it anyways?

>>380866694
Yeah, if the follow Zero Mission it'll be an enjoyable game, and if they 1-up it then it'll be a great game.
The control scheme and 3D models still worry me a little bit but it's not like they're trying to shoehorn a gamepad in and the models are as bad as your average 3DS title.
>>
>>380867410
It's perfect and I'll marry her
>>
>>380863715
The fact that the awful guys at treehouse were able to land it perfectly most of the time truly scares me.
>>
>>380867580
Hard mode my nig, they were probably on easy.
Metroid has these settings one for ages.

Seriously all you fags go play ZM on easy right now and be disappointed that the most damage you can take is like 20 from a boss.
Then play normal and realize its pure fun
Then play hard and realize that having hlaf the ammo and health along with enemies that hit harder and last longer makes for the classic experience you remember from the before times
>>
I am worried about colored door-blocks weapon related.
We already got gating with the metroid kill count thingy.
We don't need a second layer on top
>>
>>380854037
>“We heard about it first after we had already started development.
What a load of bullshit.
Oh yeah, we just happen to have decided to remake one of the most obscure games in that franchise at the same time as a fan finished making a remake of his own from scratch.
>>
>>380867875
So you must have never played the other games then.

This is how it always was, several layers of progression.
>>
>>380868005
They started development two years ago.
>>
>>380868505
Yes, I'm sure that's what they're saying.
>>
File: 1497712814813.jpg (198KB, 1347x769px) Image search: [Google]
1497712814813.jpg
198KB, 1347x769px
>>380868005
To be fair with a different game franchise as an example, Fire Emblem Gaiden got a remake when it's the most obscure game in it's series.
I'm glad Sakamoto recognized the game instead of pretending it never existed, He could've easily pretended AM2R never existed.
>>
>>380860270
Because it's like moving from 16bit era gorgeous sprite art to Playstation cardboard 3D.
>>
>>380868626
They have no reason to lie.
>>
>>380868005
>most obscure game in that franchise
There are only 4 2D games and 3D games. Not counting spin offs.

M1 got a remake to be up with super graffix and fusion was already there.
They already redid Prime 1 and 2 with the trilogy and 3 isnt even old yet.

So either 2 or super were the only ones worth doing. You tell me which makes more sense
>>
Samus Returns is under the same treatment as ALBW.

Basically it's a game that's getting a piss poor graphics style with a few features that make a few people question whether or not it is a good title, and definitely make some people really complain about the newly added features enough that it'll "ruin their experience completely" or wash down the difficulty too much.

So people are used to the good old games and want more of a challenge but they're getting somewhat the same. Things like being able to teleport around the map or use melee attacks are pretty much equivalent to the rental system or openness of ALBW, but the truth is that title ended up having a similar difficulty to ALTTP which is supposed to emulate, so I really expect this to be a similar case.

In practice these games are easier. The truth is after having played the classics so much, it's expected that you would not have trouble with a similarly difficult game that keeps most core mechanics.
>>
>>380868626
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/exclusive_mercurysteam_has_been_working_on_a_metroid_prototype_for_wii_u_and_3ds
>>
>>380861806

Nintenbros in charge of controlling the narrative
>>
File: 1497643094292.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497643094292.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>380868869
>mfw citra will make SR the best looking 2d metroid
>>
>>380863551
no?
>>
>>380865496

Totally not a false flag
>>
>>380860414
>>380860270
He stole the entire aesthetic from norfair shit have yall never played ZM?
>>
>>380869747
Totally not bait
>>
>>380859321
Go away. Dobson
>>
>>380866054

M1 was genuinely unplayable garbage, it needed to be updated at any cost. None of that however involves adding in Castlevania qtes or parries. ZM and AM2R both prove this.
>>
>>380859321
Holy shit, the blue bear DOES come to /v/
>>
>>380866173

Kids never needed accessibility. Matter of fact, Nintendo making games piss easy only reinforces everyone elses perspective that Nintendo consoles are kiddieshit.
>>
can you still download AM2R?
>>
>>380866378

>Even though ZM literally did the exact same thing as SR is doing.

NOPE
>>
>>380870836
Yes, just downloaded it
>>
>>380870836
No
___Yes___
>>
>>380870836
"no"
>>
>>380870654
Yeah, but nintendo thinks so
>>
Nobody is worse than Project M fags.

At least AM2R maker said he's really happy with Samus Returns and is discouraging people from bitching.

Project M fags are eternally salty that Nintendo refuses to give them Melee 2 Starring Wavedashing and will never shut up.
>>
>>380870370
See my previous post that was so conventionality ignored if muh parries are so bad.
here
>>380866975

And if you think that the fact that the treehouse players could do it so easily is an issue see
>>380867840

>>380870879
Why? Because muh parries?
Already covered.
How about muh checkpoints.
Save points already worked that way and dieing never had consequence.
Is it that SR is too casual for you?
Go play ZM it is quite possible the most casualized on in the series thanks to difficulty settings only hard is close to a challenge, at least fusion had a few decent bosses.
>>
>>380860517
Sakamoto doesn't work at their legal department you stupid fuck.
>>
File: 1450745782855.jpg (19KB, 317x314px) Image search: [Google]
1450745782855.jpg
19KB, 317x314px
>>380871258
>love Project M
>think Sakurai finally nailed his vision for Smash with Smash 4
>aware that something like Melee HD would go against what he wants and would be purely a moneygrab
>not to mention people who seriously ask for this would not be happy with the changes
>still associated with these faggots because I enjoy the same mod as them
>>
>>380870836
Considering I just did by simply googling "download am2r" directly from your post I would say.

No its not
>>
>>380871258
PMfags are going extinct
Melee HDfags are the new cancer because they will invade anything and everything
>>
>>380871668
spoonfeeding is always worth a try
>>
>>380871717
Wait what?

I never head of meleeHD fags before, whats their motive?
>>
>>380871837
they want melee HD, that's it
they will flood into anything nintendo-related and screech for melee HD thinking it's "signal boosting"
>>
>>380863551

No, fair use only applies when you're doing something that isn't a substitude for a copyrighted product.

A parody or review isn't going to make people take it over the original. An unofficial remake or TGWTG style reviews where they basically show the whole movie in clip form isn't.
>>
>>380871259

>See my previous post that was so conventionality ignored if muh parries are so bad.

Your perspective is jaded. That of a person who has played metroid games before and will roll through a Metroid game anyway.

People who are new will not kite a boss if parry throws give them instant gratification. If youve played MH its like the new players abusing mounts.
>>
>>380872096
What with all these fags wanting remakes anymore. At least

Not like dolphin doesnt have netplay.
Oh well fags will always be fags.
>>
>>380872387
>If youve played MH its like the new players abusing mounts.
I can see what you mean. To me it seems to be pretty good since its also the first new metroid weve had since fusion/prime were released side by side. Everything after has been more of the same stuff a spin off or awful. I'm ready to play a new style of combat in one of my favorite franchises since we havent in over a decade.
Thats one reason am2r wasnt so spectacular to me, it was just more ZM in M2 levels

If anything it will make people not want to play the older titles even more. I know that happened when the GBA titles came out.
>>
>>380864409
I preordered it LOL
>>
>>380872429
>the point of a remake is online functionality
There are a lot of things wrong with Melee.
From balancing to the controls, and that you have to own a CRT, GameCube, copy of Melee, and a GOOD controller. All of which are running out.

But still, Sakurai was unhappy with the result so it'll never happen and if it does then Smash would have to be dead at that point and that would be a last attempt at milking the series.
>>
>>380871837

Its nintenshill narrative. When smash fans criticized Nintendo for Brawl, they were dubbed "meleefags". Now that theres a lot more people who dislike Nintendo, shills label them into different groups. A while ago it was PMfags, and now its melee HD fags even though the game doesnt even exist. Its pure desperation.

You can take this scenario for Metroid, replace melee with Prime, replace Brawl with Other M, PM with AM2R etc.

Its basically how they divide and conquer fanbases. Make fans argue against each other so they dont have to waste the time deflecting criticism.
>>
>>380872716

I hope it does get more people playing but I still think if theyre gonna add things for new players they shouldnt forget about old players too. Ill remain optimistic since its this franchises only hope for a new game aside from Prime 4.
>>
>>380854037
I knew that they had to have known. I bet they will put something in the game homaging it. It's so obvious now, the reason that they didn't C&D it the second they could. They wanted him to finish it, C&Ding afterwards was just because of formality. And now we get two remakes to an underrated gem. Couldn't be a better time to be a Metroid fan really.
>>
>>380855082
>I speak for all of /v/
>all of /v/ likes AM2R
Kill yourself out of /v/.
>>
Shit I cant wait for this to release.
I hope to god it runs without issues
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
>>380874181
dropped my image sorry
>>
>>380860270
Low poly, low-res 3D assets on a 240p screen vs "stolen" pixel art sprites on a 1080p screen.

Also unlike Other M, this game's artistic design is much better (closer to Prime games). Mercury Steam may make mediocre games, but their artists are top notch.
>>
File: 1477795919524.gif (4MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1477795919524.gif
4MB, 371x209px
Why is everyone mad about AM2R anyways? The game launched. It was finished. Anyone who doesn't already have it can find it pretty easy. The DMCA can't stop it now.

Not to mention that Nintendo probably knew about the thing and waited for it to be finished before giving him the tag. I remember hearing about this in like 2012.
>>
>>380874683
I'm just loving how different the designs went for the Metroids. They seem to have had completely different ideas. While AM2R kept the same general shape that M2 used, it still managed to up their attacks and make them feel pretty cool to fight, not to mention the different behaviors between them all. I'll still remember the first time those fucking Alphas dodged my shots.

Samus Returns wants to fully redesign them and it looks pretty good so far. Gamma dropping those bombs and being more slow because it's starting to bulk and then the Zeta, which acts and looks more like a Xenomorph to invoke Metroid's original inspiration. I can't wait to see Omega, it probably won't stray too far from Fusion's take on them, a huge hulking beast that has given up it's speed and uses it's large claws to tear apart prey.

>>380875341
Probably people that just have no love for Nintendo trying to false flag. Most people seem to be happy that they can have their cake and eat it too. We have a ''faithful' remake that doesn't change much except mostly Quality of Life and new bosses, while we also get a complete redesign. I couldn't be happier. Well, I could, but that would require Doc being able to put the stuff in for post game and fix up a few more lingering gameplay issues. But I'll stick to what we got.
>>
The only thing I didn't like about AM2R was how many fucking missiles the Omega Metroids deflected on Hard Mode.

Still beat it on a Keyboard though, don't have a controller.
>>
>>380876084
Ouch, yeah that deflection shit was the pits. But I guess that's why they want you to get good and hit them from their weakpoint on their back. Deals like 5x the damage hitting their belly does. Omegas go down like a bitch to 10 Super Missiles.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.