[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Valve drones Still like this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 3.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
Only you autists would defend this game
>>
better than ["hero" shooter]
>>
>>380853297
It's fun
>>
I think it's fun.
>>
>>380853297
still good, but dated.
Best in it's hay day with 2Fort2Furious
It set the bar for characterization and team based shooters for years to come. It even, practically, invented the freemium model you see in a lot of games today. Not that hat-fortress was good or anything, but just saying the facts.
>>
>>380853297
it's fun
>>
it's fun

I don't play it anymore because I sunk thousands of hours of my life into it
>>
clocked in 1000+ hours
most fun I got out of a game, haven't played it in years

thanks for reminding me op, reinstalling now
>>
>>380853297
Because it [used to be] fun
>>
i used to play TF2 a lot back in 2011 by which point it was already stagnant

it's confounding how people are still playing this shitshow 10 years later. do they not get bored?
>>
I still play it. I mean can you name another fun shooter?

inb4depthlessoverwatch
>>
File: 1497398816787.png (447KB, 898x652px) Image search: [Google]
1497398816787.png
447KB, 898x652px
TF2 is Overwatch for poor people
>>
>>380856918
Thats Paladinds
>>
>>380856918
Sniper
>likely can actually hit things
>has jarate, can augment his team's offense or help out in a pyro ambush or tracking a spy
>is only 1 out of 12 teammates, shortcomings are easily compensated for

Hanzo
>needs scatter arrow and his ult to do anything reliably
>thereby only effective in 10 second bursts
>is otherwise an enormous drain on his 6 person team
>>
>>380856918
Overwatch is TF2 but without a period where it was a good game.
>>
>>380857394
>I know nothing about overwatch
>>
>>380857462
t. Hanzo main
>>
I just dont like the bloated shitty performance from cosmetics and the forced matchmaking update
>>
Jungle Update any day now, lads.
>>
>>380853297
It's fun, but it's just outdated and neglected at this point. But, it's proven the test of the time, being nearly a decade old and still having a large active and devoted fanbase. I'm afraid to say, I don't honestly think any other single Modern FPS is going to last as long as TF2 did/has.

TF3 When?
>>
I miss loveing this game, I probably got saturated from playing it so much, but it also seems stale to me now.
I've played it for years non stop, it had to end some day. New content would reel me in again tho, if just for a lil bit.
>>
Is there a way to play TF2 like it was in 2007 before all the hats, new weapons and matchmaking?
>>
>>380858326
Please no, Valve is so shit now that they need to stick with software. I don't trust them to make another game, and I don't want them to ruin a game/series forever
>>
>>380858565
Try different servers, theres bound to be one.
Or just buy Orange Box for 360.
>>
The game just lacked competitiveness for me - most teams I was in just wanted to go around shooting shit and dicking around

Paladins has better character customization

People in comp Overwatch actually want to win

TF2 was good for it's time
>>
It's a great game but the matchmaking made things weird, not worse but weird, there are sometimes when the teams are well balanced and the matches go great, but most of the time is awfully one sided. Also cosmetics, I got a mid tier rig and I still can't get steady 120 and sometimes it drops below 60, the source engine obviously can't handle 3 hats + particles+ double weapon textures, why the fuck does skins load 2 textures, shit's not optimized at all.
>>
>>380858326
Counter-Strike? Literally the most consistently popular FPS of all time? Sure, in terms of incarnations you're right since TF2 is right on its 10th anniversary, but even COD couldn't keep pace with CS.
>>
>>380858886
Wasn't the fact that it didn't force feed you comp one of the main appeals for most people and the fact that OW does force feed people comp one of the main drawbacks?
>>
>>380861296
Eh, all Overwatch does is turn people psychotic. Good lord.

TF2 when community servers weren't an endangered species had that segmented really nicely.

If you wanted to do serious stuff, there were plenty of servers with that focus, or you could just mess around casually on 24/7 instant respawn 2fort/Mario Kart. Or orange if you're a masochist.

People just like playing certain maps. In CS you have dust2. In TF2 you had 2fort and Dustbowl, though thankfully in spite of hydro's failings, there was still a lot of map server diversity.
>>
>>380858326
>It's fun, but it's just outdated

No it's not, its gameplay is as crisp and responsive as it gets
>>
File: 1454185532279.jpg (61KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
1454185532279.jpg
61KB, 498x374px
>>380856918
Overwatch is TF2 for tumblrites
>>
>>380858886
>People in comp Overwatch actually want to win
is a bad thing because profags are terrible
>>
File: pl_borneo_rc10003.jpg (456KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
pl_borneo_rc10003.jpg
456KB, 1024x576px
What's your favorite map?
>>
TF2 is an amazing game, despite what faggots over the years have said about it. It has its issues, but for many years it had consistent updates filled with content that got the majority of the player base hyped. Big, free content updates. It had balance changes and quality of life changes.

The only problems I have with it are:
>Too many cosmetics
A lot of them look very similar to already existing cosmetics. Some of them don't match the theme or personality of the character they're for.
>The community
Too many people who want to be "friendly" or spam garbage in chat and think they're funny for doing so
>Lack of support
Valve has essentially abandoned this game. It's rife with cheaters that have no action taken against them. It's not fun playing against someone who can insta-cap any point they stand on. Content-wise, it's understandable after 10 years they aren't pumping out Sniper vs Spy or Demoman vs Soldier style updates, but an active game draws even more people to it.
>>
File: arena_lumberyard.png (1MB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
arena_lumberyard.png
1MB, 1200x750px
>>380863481
>>
>>380863658
I personally think none of the things you listed are a problem, but have two issues of my own
>all present stomping in valve servers
The system they have right now just doesn't replenish quitters fast enough. And while I understand mid-game autobalances could have made people angry, it baffles me why they removed scramble between matches.
>Weapon bloat
There's what, 170-ish weapons now? That's just too much. Soldier has 9 fucking primaries. They should instead focus on a limited amount of unlocks with new mechanics. Going back to Soldier, Air Strike and Beggars are great new items that change the way you play. Cow mangler or LL are just "stock, but..."
>>
>>380857173
You need a good PC to run Paladins, TF2 is the Overwatch for poors.
>>
>>380861296
No game forced feed you comp at that time.
>>
File: 1438015137954.png (84KB, 243x255px) Image search: [Google]
1438015137954.png
84KB, 243x255px
>>380853297
I only really play on gamemode madness servers at this point. Casual is always a onesided battle and every community server is fast respawn 24/7 shite or trade servers.
>>
>>380862936

It is, but don't let them hear you or they will start bitching.
>>
It's fun, the way they've used the psychics of source gave it a lot of depth and ways to get good at playing.
>>
We have like 2 of TF2 OPs, one is a almost not a faggot, picks a phrase from the game and everyone talks about the game and the second guy a huge faggot, shits on the game in OP and everyone talks about the game.
>>
>>380863481
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.