[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The GREAT debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: Re.jpg (189KB, 614x301px) Image search: [Google]
Re.jpg
189KB, 614x301px
http://www.strawpoll.me/13213071

It's time to settle this shit
>>
>>380852810
Fusion by a LARGE fucking mile
>>
>>380852810
Fusion's atmosphere is probably the best in the entire Metroid series.
>>
Going a playthrough of all Metroid games 10 or so years after playing them originally. Playing AM2R right now, loving it.

So far:

>Super Metroid: 10/10
Pretty much the pinnacle of videogames

>Metroid Prime: 9.95/10

>Metroid Prime 2: 8.5/10

>Metroid Fusion: 8.5/10
>>
>>380852810
I voted for Fusion

I spent a lot more time replay that game than I did ZM, also SA-X is fucking cool as shit
>>
Zero Mission just feels bland in comparison. While Fusion had SA-X, great boss fights, and a somewhat of
a narrative. I do hate how the wall jump had been nerfed and how the game interrupted you every couple of minutes.
>>
People aparently like the freedom of Zero Mission, but every boss is a pushover whereas Fusion has the most challenging bosses of the 3d series. So im going with Fusion.
>>
>>380852810
Fusion is one of the best examples in vidya of trying something new with a franchise without alienating the core fanbase
>>
it's hard but for me ZM is the winner. Fusion has got the better atmosphere of them both and honestly SA-X works as a pretty good concept (which is why so many people want that goddamn SA-X romhack for Super Metroid). However Zero Mission feels better in terms of mechanics.
>>
It's a really tough call, but I think I preferred Fusion.

The level design's worse and the linearity sucks, but the atmosphere's spectacular, it has the best bosses of the 2D games, and for being the first Metroid game to try and have a story, it had a pretty damn good one.
>>
Metroid
>>
>The second best 2D Metroid vs The weakest of all

Yeah, what a difficult choice...
>>
>>380854809
>without alienating the core fanbase
I take it you weren't around when it came out. People blasted it for the linearity and story focus. The autists finally accepted it after the Other M shitshow
>>
Fusion has the worst level design and bosses. I don't understand how it's so praised.
>>
Wtf how is this so close?

The best 2d metroid vs 2nd worst game in the series
>>
>>380855982
>>second worst game in the series
Fusion is not really that great, but what the fuck?
>>
Close results.

Fusion offered a unique metroid experience that I'll never forget. It's launch alongside Prime was one of the greatest gaming days of my life. Two great games in one day.
>>
File: So Good.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
So Good.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>380852810

Zero Mission is great; like tits.

Fusion is perfect; like asses.
>>
>>380852810
like with a lot of things, people are probably biased in favor of whichever they played first. I prefer Zero Mission
>>
File: 1471195745767.gif (2MB, 274x231px) Image search: [Google]
1471195745767.gif
2MB, 274x231px
>>380852810
I like them both a fair bit, but I think Zero mission is the better game. Fusion's more linear and story focus bring it down a little bit by constant text interruptions and much less exploration based design
>>
>>380857772
This
>>
Zero Mission had better bossfights (aside from the last one) and the Hard Mode.

Fusion had better everything else. Fusion wins.
>>
Fusion is a survival horror game. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>380860194
there's next to no survival elements in it
>>
>>380852810

>all of these fusion shitters

the fuck? fusion was literally other M - lite. everyone bitches about needing approval for upgrades and shit in other M but somehow its ok when fusion does it? I mean it was nice that they tried something different, but i think most of those steps were in the wrong direction

zero mission on the other hand is up there with super metroid
>>
>>380860194
The only survival-horror aspect is SA-X, and it only shows up at a few pre-determined points in the game.
>>
While Fusion is probably better objectively speaking, Zero Mission drew me in much better, and I feel it's the better game.
>>
>>380860413
/v/ always hated Fusion and I always got shat on for liking it. Now everyone apparently likes it, but I still thought ZM was better.
>>
Thoughts on the Fusion suit?
>>
File: 1468853442053.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
1468853442053.png
142KB, 415x367px
>>380852810
I've only played Fusion so I'm abstaining from voting, I loved every bit of it though.

Also played original NES Metroid and it's a pain in the ass to not die, can't enjoy it t-b-h
>>
Zero Mission is like Super. Fusion on the other hand abandons metroid conventions like getting energy from enemies (done differently) and the way you get items is stupid. It tries to tell a bad story. It has no real music and what is there is awful. And it is linear as fuck.

All of these same complaints ironically are the same reasons you guys hate Other M. But Fusion gets a pass?
>>
>>380852810
>Fusion actually winning
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?
>>
File: metroidpoll.png (25KB, 995x465px) Image search: [Google]
metroidpoll.png
25KB, 995x465px
>>380852810
I like how the colors in the chart match the suits of their games
>>
>>380861292
I'm a fan
>>
File: samus.jpg (329KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
samus.jpg
329KB, 1280x720px
>>380861292
METROIDED
>>
>>380861653
Fusion had an interesting story and a good atmosphere, unlike ZM which was an unimaginative remake of a bad game with less content
>>
>>380861450
> getting energy from enemies (done differently)
What? It's the exact same as the purple energy things in the other games.
>>
>>380861292
it looks lewder than it is
>>
Super > Fusion > ZM.
ZM is just a compromise between Super and Fusion and doesn't achieve any of the unique things the other two games do.
>>
>>380861292
I'm iffy on the designs, especially that fucking Varia Suit, but I love the biological aspects of it. The suit being able to absorb lifeforms for energy/upgrades is really cool, and I hope they expand on it in Metroid 5.
>>
>>380862168
It makes the original game olayable for one
>>
>>380861450

you've got a bad case of the tism, anon
>>
Zero Mission is way better imo. Fusion was one of the earliest signifiers of the franchise's incoming death.
>>
>>380862361
Eh, I guess that's something. I quite liked the stealth section too.
>>
>>380861292
I love it, it's the colour scheme I use in Smash
>>
I ended up voting for Zero Mission because I like that you can skip most of the powerups if you choose to. Fusion doesn't let you do that.
>>
>>380862772
1% runs in Fusion are more fun than 9% runs in ZM
>>
Fusion had was too many fucking words and started the Adam trend
If it just cut down on the times the game had to give you a novel's worth of information then i'd like it more.
SA-X was a great way to bring tension to the game

ZM on the other hand is just the original game with better controls and graphics
I love the stealth section though, and the fact that you can go through the entire thing undetected if you're good enough
>>
>>380862889
>novel's worth of information
you got barely a paragraph at a time
>>
>>380862889
>ZM on the other hand is just the original game with better controls and graphics
you really don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>I love the stealth section though, and the fact that you can go through the entire thing undetected if you're good enough
I love it too but you basically need frame-perfect timing to get past the very first pirate.
>>
HOW THE FUCK IS FUSION WINNING AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
>>
>>380863052

because /v/ prefers a game that knows what it wants to be to a half-baked mashup of Fusion and Super
>>
Fusion is fun. I don't mind adam telling me what to do.
>>
>>380863925
I wish I could skip the cutscenes on repeat playthroughs. Hopefully that event hack thing materializes.
>>
File: 1497045895345.jpg (36KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
1497045895345.jpg
36KB, 619x386px
Zero Mission is my favourite game of all time.
>>
>>380864101
That's a cute cat.
>>
File: 1496829970643.jpg (92KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1496829970643.jpg
92KB, 750x738px
>>380864370
Have another my friend.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.