[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was zero escape made only to have it ruined by the last game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 500
Thread images: 77

File: 999.jpg (326KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
999.jpg
326KB, 1500x1500px
Why was zero escape made only to have it ruined by the last game?
>>
I just finished ZTD and i like it, it's not perfect but it didn't "ruin" the entire series for me.
>>
>>380848708
Sit on it for a while. Just you wait.
>>
>>380848923
Nah dude, the more i think about the more i like it.
It was a wild fucking ride. I mean yeah it's flawed but i won't write it off completely either.
>>
>>380849008
I mean it was enjoyable for the memes and all, but it completely makes VLR seem like a waste of time. Sigma and Phi spent a whole game trying to learn how to jump through shit only for them to be useless in ZTD. Also a whole bunch of other shit unanswered.
>>
>>380849206
>Also a whole bunch of other shit unanswered.
Fucking Carlos 2.
>>
>>380849206
>only for them to be useless in ZTD
Not only that but the whole premise of ZTD showed there's like countless timelines where the virus didn't happen completely underrelated to anything they do.
>>
>>380848923
Different person, I played it at release and I feel the same way he does. It in no way ruined the series for me. The only reason people like you don't like it is because it wasn't exactly what you wanted it to be. Because it didn't include characters from 999 who you should have known weren't going to be in the game.

In the end there are barely any unanswered questions and many of them were always going to be that way. You should have realized that from the whole Alice shit in 999 and how in VLR it just wasn't true.
>>
>>380849206
I just wish they had better introduced this mind hack bullshit, it just comes and you're supposed to accept it. Aside from that i don't think it makes VLR irrelevant since you know they are abandoning the apocalypse timeline at the end of VLR, so you know that everything that happened in VLR must never happen again.
>>
File: 1467955165006.png (285KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1467955165006.png
285KB, 540x540px
>>380849603
Goddammit I honestly forgot about that mind hack shit.
>>
He ran out of twists to recycle from ever17
>>
>>380849603
>>380849847
I'll never understand how people were upset about the mind hacking shit in a game that already had magic mind powers.
>>
>>380849465
>The only reason people like you don't like it is because it wasn't exactly what you wanted it to be
Sorry, but I don't agree. ZTD was a big disappointment for other reasons.
>make established characters complete retards
>wasting the Framne
>introduce the biggest asspull in the series
>worst "Zero twist"
>same ending as VLR
And don't get me started on shit like the blue energy balls.
>>
>>380850495
*wasting the fragment system
>>
>rad-6 is only briefly mentioned in ZTD
Unbelievable.
>>
>>380850053
It's just the fact that it's just presented there and you're supposed to accept it. The whole timeline SHIFT thing was actually properly introduced.
>>
I spent the whole game thinking the snail story was some important thing that incorporated and affected every character in some way only to in the end realize it didn't affect every character just several of them. The fuck was that shit?
>>
>>380850815
They didn't want to use a butterfly, because that would have been too cliche.
>>
>>380850621
In the beginning I thought the twist would be that you could arrange the fragments in a different and surprising way and get a different story.
>>
>>380850959
Butterfly wouldn't have changed the problem.
>>
>Delta, it might be true that a terrorist will destroy the earth... But you're forgetting one thing. We are here.
>Carlos is right... As long as we keep believing, we won't lose!
>Heh, well said Akane. I don't care if it's a terrorist or a schmerrorist, I won't let them put their hands on MY earth!
>Junpei sad it. As long as there's life in this body of mine I will keep rejecting that wretched future!
>Sigma... Yosh, I've made up my mind! I'll keep supporting you guys!
>Mom... Dad... Heh, Guess I gotta bring my A game too!
>I may be a robot, but this beautiful World is still a place I want to protect! With these hands, I'll make sure that the orld remains a place where happy smiles can shine radiantly forever!
>everyone together: we'll never stop believing... because we are...
>THE ZERO ESCAPERS!!!!!!
I can't believe this non-ending was the ending to the franchise.
>>
File: Tss1.jpg (268KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
Tss1.jpg
268KB, 900x660px
>>380851473
reminded me of this
>>
>>380851128
The sail story is just there to illustrate that a small thing can cause a chain reaction leading to some big outcomes. It also affected everyone in some way, even admittedly you have to go through some timeline bullshitery to see it.
>>
>>380848708
LOOK! Look how special he is! Such an oustanding opinion! Bet he feels better because he still liked it!
Woah, so mature!
>>
>>380851717
How did it affect Carlos, Sigma, Phi and Diana? Outside it affected Zero and he affected them cause at that point it could just be Zero ate some cheerios and then kidnapped them and had the same meaning.
>>
File: 1476983716390.jpg (133KB, 444x453px) Image search: [Google]
1476983716390.jpg
133KB, 444x453px
>Enjoy 999, buy VLR
>Reach PEC room, game suddenly crashes, have to go back to the beginning
>Check forums, people say that the 3ds version is a ticking bomb that can corrupt the save in any moment
>mfw

Should I even try playing VLR again? I wanted to finish the game, but if I'll keep losing my saves over and over I'd rather give up.
>>
>>380852101
Pirate the PC version I guess.
>>
File: 1429400359621.png (28KB, 357x313px) Image search: [Google]
1429400359621.png
28KB, 357x313px
>>380851473
Fuck. Delete this.
>>
>>380852101
>Check forums, people say that the 3ds version is a ticking bomb that can corrupt the save in any moment
no it doesn't, it literally only happens if you save during the puzzle in the pec room. you can be extra safe and just not save during the puzzles and you're fine.
>>
>>380851873
>Outside it affected Zero and he affected them cause at that point it could just be Zero ate some cheerios and then kidnapped them and had the same meaning.
Well basically this. Snail affected Akane, who in turn kidnapped Sigma after she became a timelord, who in turn fugged Diana, who in turn gave birth to Phi and Delta, who in turn created the Mars mission project, which was a way to earn some money for Carlos.
>>
>>380850782
Mind hacks were mentioned both in 999 and VLR without using the name
I don't know how people didn't expect mind control powers after 2 games of mentioning them
>>
>>380849603
>I just wish they had better introduced this mind hack bullshit,
What, two games of buildup wasn't enough?

In 999 you had entire spiels about how by controlling "transmissions" in the morphogenetic field, you could control other people's actions. Then in VLR they introduce Brother as having the special power to "touch people's hearts". Pretty simple to put two ans two together there. That was one of the things I was least surprised by in ZTD.
>>
>>380852371
This, the game was perfect. Stop being contrarians.
>>
>>380852348
But then the snail story becomes very impersonal. Zero could easily interchange Carlos for example with any fuck on the street and still have the story apply.
>>
>>380852513
No, the game was shit, but people claiming that it was shit because mind hacks were an asspull need to reread 999 and VLR
>>
>>380852513
ZTD is definitely the worst of the series, but the hate is pretty hyperbolic. Pretty much everything apart from the transporter room and anything to do with Delta is just as good as the previous games.
>>
>>380852336
I guess I'll just put the safe answers at the start of the room and then watch netflix while the text loads, then.

If that fails, I'll just do >>380852161 this.
Now time to fuck off from this thread, since glancing over it has already given me mild spoilers.
>>
I only liked the first game and the Safe ending was better than the True one
>>
>>380851869
what are you on about
>>
>>380852667
Akane going full psycho tard killer on Carlos was pretty shit.
>Junpei's dead! You must have killed him. There's no one else!
>There's the guy constantly drugging us and moving our bodies while asleep.
>NOOOO
>>
>>380852667
> Pretty much everything apart from the transporter room and anything to do with Delta is just as good as the previous games.

I'd say the ideas of those are fine. The execution is what's terrible. Uchikoshi tried to do this thing where "you are seeing from the perspective of the true culprit the entire time", but not only is this not telegraphed enough, it's actively botched with a bunch of the camera angles, many of which would be impossible if we're supposed to be viewing through the lenses of tiny hidden security cameras.

The game was ruined by the team's lack of experience making 3D cinematic games.
>>
The first one at least you can just think it's just the same timeline with usual time travel sheanigans.

Third one goes out of its way to point out like you are murdering people and how there are multiple realities to the point that why should I fucking care.
>>
>>380852569
Yeah, but that fuck isn't part of the game. Snail will have effects on more than our 10 guys, that's not the point though. The point is, that the snail killed 6 billion people through a chain of events that lead to Delta, and will save 8 billion people in the same way.

>>380852667
>just as good as the previous games
>Sigma sends his two baby twins into 1920s pre-war Germany for German scientist to experiment on.
Bravo Uchi.
>>
>>380853056
>Sigma sends his two baby twins into 1920s pre-war Germany for German scientist to experiment on.
>and then one ends up in the future somehow
>and the other lives to be 130 somehow
>>
>>380848591
It was ruined by second game too tho
>>
>>380852879
akane has been telegraphed as a bit of a psycho the whole series, i wouldn't put her reaction past her.

>>380853056
i said apart from the transporter room, do you have a reading disability?
>>
How's the 3ds version?
>>
LOTUS IS CUTE.
CUTE!
>>
>>380853056
He just scrolled up too far. The timeline thing had no numbers or labels on it. All he wanted was "some time where they won't live long enough to see the radical-6 outbreak", since Sigma still assumed that would happen.

>and the other lives to be 130 somehow
It's not really "somehow". His cult owns a pharmaceutical company and he has dozens of hospitals at his beck and call. He's also established in VLR to have cloning tech.
>>
>not learning japanese to experience the beauty of Remember11 in it's original state
Explain yourselves.
>>
>>380853405
>The timeline thing had no numbers or labels on it. All he wanted was "some time where they won't live long enough to see the radical-6 outbreak", since Sigma still assumed that would happen.
>scroll up too much
>babies end up on an Alien planet
>somehow Carlos is able to send himself back in time by exactly 10 months
Sigma's whole plan, sending his twins back in time, is so fucking retarded. He could have send himself back in time and then do a Carlos 2 and free his family from the bunker without any copies of his babies dying.
>>
File: 1497218515308.jpg (28KB, 642x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497218515308.jpg
28KB, 642x640px
>>380851473
>>
>>380853696
Carlos just understands time travel better than anyone else.
>>
Game confirmed Akane for worst human being in the series. Also utterly useless with her powers working only when it's convenient to the plot.
>>
>>380853795
>Literally who
>Never even noticed he could shift
>better than 2 skilled shifters and the queen of tiem travel
SASUGA UCHIKOSHI
>>
>>380853207
>i said apart from the transporter room, do you have a reading disability?
I thought you were talking about the existence of the AFM and not directly what it does. If you want completely unrelated retarded shit then how about:
>"I can't jump, my connection to the field has been cut"
>"Don't drink it or we will get double poisoned"
>get kidnapped
>never try to jump back before the kidnapping and find out who did it or how it happened

Characters act retarded and understanding the mechanics of SHIFTing makes most of the scenes seem pointless.
>>
>>380854436
>never try to jump back before the kidnapping
Carlos is the only one to think of that and goes and gets all the authorities and rescue services he can to bust the out when he does. Carlos is best time traveler.
>>
>>380854636
He's still way too late. Could have done the same thing some hours earlier and prevented R6 from escaping. But no, "I wouldn't have met you guys"
>>
>>380854731
He didn't know about the virus when he did that. He timed it perfectly so that they would escape and his friends would still remember him and from the information he had would have been perfect .
>>
>>380854878
Even then, kill yourself and try again. It's not like you can run out of time to fix things.
>>
>>380850993
i was hoping for this.
>>
>>380855106
Because then Akane fucking erased his memory and knowledge of everything like a stupid bitch. Carlos could have thought of that had that dumb idiot not jumped in and ruined everything.
>>
>>380855342
>Because then Akane fucking erased his memory and knowledge of everything like a stupid bitch
No, she only did that to Junpei. Carlos kept also his memories.
>>
>quantum computer can predict all possible futures and timelines and whatever
>still can't find the terrorist

was the terrorist even real?
>>
>>380855559
>still can't find the terrorist
Perhaps, the player is the terrorist. The moment he or she starts the game, he observes a string of sentences decribing the game's setting, thus making everything real for characters in it. We've been terrorists since booting up 999 on DS, that is.
>>
File: 1495123799723.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1495123799723.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>380848591
The second game already damaged the story of 999 by retconning a lot of the emphasis of the abilities of Espers.

999 was an absolute masterpiece and I always recommend people to just play that one as a standalone story and forget about the sequels.

>tfw finishing 999 and realizing you just experienced the epitome of storytelling within a videogame and will never experience a better story in your life.
>>
>>380856543
Have you read Remember11?
>>
File: Kristoph_Gavin_Portrait.png (88KB, 330x440px) Image search: [Google]
Kristoph_Gavin_Portrait.png
88KB, 330x440px
>>380850624
>the radical-6 outbreak was just Mira being le ebin troll and Diana being a retard
>>
>>380856543
999 > DR2 > DR > VLR > ... > DR3 > ZTD
Undeniable.

>DR>VLR
Already VLR had plotholes.
>>
>>380856662
Nope.

finished Ever17 and it felt like a waifu weeb version of 999 and I didn't like it so I didn't bother to read the rest.

I know that Remember11 is nowadays considered to be the best but is it really? Even if you don't enjoy waifu weeb stories?

Also I played 999 by accident because I downloaded the wrong game and I didn't even know what genre or type of game 999 was so that lack of expectations kicked the game right up to 11/10. I will probably never experience something like it again.
>>
>>380852667
>but killing our other selves in other timelines just to save ourselves here is WRONG

>lmao let's just blow up this reactor and kill ourselves to jump to another timeline xDD
>>
>>380855469
>mindhack drug that deletes the last 90 minutes of memories
>somehow Junpei forgets everything, even that he ever met up with Akane after 999, after being injected with the drug by Akane in C-end
>Carlos just stays there and doesn't even tell Junpei what happened

What a fucking mess.
>>
>>380857008
>Nope
Then you have no right to say that " you just experienced the epitome of storytelling within a videogame and will never experience a better story in your life".
>Even if you don't enjoy waifu weeb stories
You are mistaken, my friend, R11 isn't about it at all. It's like 999, but twice as better.
>>
>>380856543
999 story is mediocre as fuck and full anime cringe.
Literal babby's first VN. Most of the bad endings fucking suck. Safe ending is "lol look how anime and edgy Snake is xD" and real ending is just cheesy "we'll be friends forever, Kanny!" garbage.
>>
>>380857201
IIRC it also creates some conflict with what Junpei tells about the events at the mission test in VLR
>>
>>380848591
well, only the last 20 - 30 minutes ruin the series
It's unfair, isn't it?
>>
>>380857371
>real ending is cheesy "we'll be friend forever , kanny"

You missed the entire point.

Also what made 999 stand out is how they involved the way the game is played into the story with the final plottwist being revealed when you hold your DS upside down. THAT is what makes it the best VIDEOGAME story. A story that is actually told through the gameplay and takes the console and gameplay it is played on/with in consideration.
>>
>>380857523
>le gimmick TWEEST

Figures, you're one of those easily impressed retards. No wonder why you think a mediocre story like 999 is any good, when half of it is characters just acting retarded and randomly spouting a wikipedia science article
>>
>>380857201
VLR doesn't make much sense after discovering that Junpei can shift. Why would you only train Sigma and Phi when you have a already trained shifter in your group.
Or why not send your two shifter buddies back in time right at C-End 1? They have trained just as much as Sigma and Phi and even know more about what happened at the test site.
>>
>>380857646
Name your most favourite VNs. Just being curious here.
>>
>>380849305
1 carlos is a gift to the universe. 2 Carlos is TWO gifts to the universe. Don't question it.
>>
>Be stuck in a bunker with a drunk pregnant woman
>Holy shit, find a fucking working time machine
>Instead of going back in time to save yourself and the woman you love, you decide to shove your two newborn children in there and send then to the 1920's without any guarantee that they'll be found
>>
>>380857646
>Randomly spitting a wikipedia science article

Wish more games did this. Really enjoyed it in the entire trilogy.
>>
>>380852101
If you have homebrew, just get a 100% save and skip to where you were. The timeline will be revealed, but I don't feel I got spoiled by looking at it
>>
>>380857646
>And randomly spouting a wikipedia science article

And that's a bad thing because....?
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (112KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
112KB, 1360x768px
>>380858180
>tfw carlos was smarter than a 60 year old doctor with a phd in fucking everything
>>
>>380857441
Akane, Digma, and Phi acting like retards doesn't ruin the series?
How about Akane's powers getting retconned to hell and back?
Or her being a murderous bitch? Just kidding, she was always a murderous bitch.
Sigma not being able to shift just 'cause.
Junpei not being able to access the memefield for no reason- except for when the plot demanded it, and then he downloaded the most useless information ever
Etc...
>>
>>380858316
Because it breaks up the gameplay and pulls you out of the story
>hey jumpy, I know we're slowly freezing to death here in the freezer, but let's talk about some chemical factories over in murica that randomly crystallized.
>>
>>380857732
Me? Heh, me, I'm all about that Steins Gate greatness.
>>
Because the creator can't write for shit.
>>
>>380858589
but Steins;Gate is good
>>
>>380858589
Le maddo scientisto brother!
>>
File: 1481752810868.jpg (45KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
1481752810868.jpg
45KB, 550x397px
>/v/ wont let me forget ZTD
>>
>>380858180
Is Delta the way he is because Diana drank while preggers?
>>
>>380858661
No, it's just as "bad" as ZE saga, has it's ups and downs.
>>
File: 6576 7456756.png (100KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
6576 7456756.png
100KB, 342x245px
Is ZTD worth finishing? I stopped half way because I didn't have the motivation to backtrack and find the box code
>>
Akane is a dumbass piece of shit

>Knows that Junpei is a shifter and that he'll spend the next 50 years living in a hell hole while looking for her
>Erase his memory anyway instead of taking him to the moon with you
>Carlos and possibly his sister are >both shifters
>Leave them to die on earth
>Take the useless teenage girl and the crippled fuck to the moon instead
>Pretend to not know what happened even know that makes no sense at all
>Know about the existance of an actual physical time machine, the most useful and powerful device anyone could have ever
>Make no attempt to acquire it or include it in your plans
>>
>>380858712
It's ptobably the deep hatted he feels frome being born of suh shitty parents.
>father is a complete retard, he got used by an evil bitch for like 50 years, all 'his' inventions are hand me downs that you left him, sent you to get experimented on for no fucking reason
>mother is a turbo whore, all she knows is to get drunk and spread her legs to losers. She's also a terrible nurse
>>
>>380858850
Not really. The ending is one of the most offensive endings in video games. We're stuck exactly were we started, the world will be destroyed but instead of a virus it's some asspulled crazy mindhack immune time travel resistant terrorist.
>>
>>380858850
drop it when the old man shows up, it's worth playing just for the scene where sigma loses his hands, it's fucking hilarious
>>
>>380858850
If you're easily triggered by a bad written ending, then no.
>>
>>380858904
I thiught she had the time machine but redused to use i because that wouldn't get her out of the shitty timeline.
A shifter Akane clone would definitely not swap placer with other Akane. It's the reason why ahe doesn't tell shit to past Akanes.
>>
>Hahaha, see I might've created a virus that was going to kill six billion people
>But that was just so I could kill a terrorist that was going to kill
>Seven billion people

That ending was straight out of Austin Powers
>>
>>380858378
C-end is a giant fucking plothole.

Where did Carlos 2 even wake up? In Delta's storage room? Did he just walk out of there?

And why didn't Carlos 2 break into the facility regardless of the timeline? He was sent back 10 months before ZTD started. He should have broken into in ALL timelines, not just the one that was leading to VLR.
>>
>>380852730
>I guess I'll just put the safe answers at the start of the room and then watch netflix while the text loads, then.

Yeah that's not gonna work. Safe solutions are generated upon finding the solution to the puzzle. They change every playthrough.
>>
>>380858850
Finish D-end 1 and C-end and just pretend the game ends there and VLR just happens anyway.
>>
>>380859502
This
>>
What are the odds that Uchikoshi's next game will be even half as good as 999 or VLR?
>>
>>380857272
Seconding the r11 shill. The greatest annoyance about it is that you have to near 100% the game to get all the pieces to the story, but imo it's really enjoyable getting revelations as it slowly comes together
>>
>>380852879
I think this was more of "Oh she loves Junpei so much so she's blinded by rage caused by the loss of her loved one"

Not that it justifies shit, it's still super dumb.
>>
>>380859568
Probably it'll be a full VN
>>
>>380856993
VLR > DR2 > 999 > DR1 > ZTD

This is the truth.
>>
>>380859420
This game is embarrasing
>>
>>380859574
Makes more sense than shifting to a new whole timeline because muh doggo.
>>
>>380859420
Delta clearly knows and killed all the Carlos except the one that was needed in that timeline!
>>
>>380858904
Don't forget that she had to know who Zero was.
>>
>>380859736
Delta was dead, anon.
>>
can someone remind me how did Delta know about the future if he can't shift? like how did he know about the terrorist
>>
>>380859810
He read the minds of people who could shift. Basically glorified hearsay.

>>380859736
but that carlos would be the same in every timeline
>>
>>380859736
And when was he supposed to do that? He can't kill Carlos 2 before the game starts because that would mean there is no Carlos 2 in C-End.
>>
>>380859810
mindhacking
>>
>>380859793
But old Akane can't/didn't shift despite being ZTD Akane!!!1!eleven
I'm sure she was pretending to be retarded the whole game and only killed Carlos because she was sexually frustrated.
>>
Reminder 999 is the only good game in the series
>>
>>380858904
My understanding is that literally everything can be explained away with

>Akane didn't do X, Y, and Z because she couldn't see a timeline where she both did those things and saved the world from Radical-6.

Since we don't know what she can see, it's bullshit, but it works.
>>
Are there things you liked?

The map and the time were great.

Even moreso when the flowchart expanded when you found out.
>>
>>380859971
999 was my first VN ever too!
>>
>>380857371
My problem with 999 goes deeper than cliches,the entire premise of bad endings is a fucking paradox but I rarely see anyone mentioning it.
Every Uchikoshi's VN has the same problem,nigga ignores plot holes to make the whole thing impressive
>>
File: 1495926884327.png (74KB, 405x417px) Image search: [Google]
1495926884327.png
74KB, 405x417px
>the entire premise of bad endings is a fucking paradox
In what way?
>>
>>380859973
So Akane's/esper's powers only work whenever the author needs them? Mihjt as well sat that we only observe the timeline in which they all acted like reards. Inifinite timelined make that a podsibility.
>>
>>380859810
>Time machine
>Army of Shifting robots
>Quantum computer able to simulate everything
If he is not retarded he could rule the world with that
>order robots to keep his base operative
>order robots to come back to the present if something important happens
And the solution to the terrorist:
>make a list of all humans on earth and give each one a number
>run a RNG with that number
>tell robots to spy that person until their death and to come back in the time machine if they are the terrorist
>instantly a robot from a timeline where the terrorist was the person chosen by the RNG comes back
>happy ending
>>
>>380860186
SHIFT works in mysterious ways :)
>>
>>380860236
let's not forget the cloning facilities
>>
>>380860236
You don't even need time traveling robots for your RNG solution. Just kill the person and if there is no terrorist attack you created the timeline you wanted. If it happens, who cares some other version of you already won.
>>
>>380860135
Teen Akane can't exist in any bad ending because,you know,she fucking died in the first nonary games
If she dies as a child,she can't remake the whole thing and the story is pointless
>>
>>380860236
can't the quantum computer just find the solution?
>>
>>380860483
Infinite timelines and Akane's timelines jumping abilitied that Uchi mentioned in the Q&A.
There's an Akane that didn't end up in the incinerator, she jumped timelined(body and all :^)) yada yada yada
>>
>>380860483
It's only a paradox until Uchi went full multiverse in VLR. Before that it was just the same as BttF.
>>
File: From 9 two phamtoms were born.png (141KB, 537x185px) Image search: [Google]
From 9 two phamtoms were born.png
141KB, 537x185px
>>380860186
This was obvious since the VLR Q&A
>>
>>380860947
these q&a only rose more questions than answers. He should have left his shit ambiguous because all his answers sound like on the spot made-up bullshit.
>>
>>380860069
Joke's on you. My first visual novel was Fate/stay night
>>
>>380860947
What the fuck
>>
>>380861072
You poor sould. That explains why you think 999 is good.
>>
>>380861163
Play Fate/staynight before judging.
>>
>>380860714
>Infinite timelines and Akane's timelines jumping abilitied that Uchi
>There's an Akane that didn't end up in the incinerator, she jumped timelined
So magic?
She can't exist anon,it's not possible to logically explain this.You need to do mental gynastics to "explain" and in the end you'll get more plot holes,like the infinite loop thing.

>>380860802
I haven't played VLR but multiverses isn't a good sign if you ask me
>>
>>380861406
You really think FSN is good?
>>
File: IMG_7037.gif (3MB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7037.gif
3MB, 210x210px
>>380848591
I was fine with both 999 and VLR. ZTD was a piece of shit. The "cinematic" feel vs it being a VN. The Delta asspulls. Shitty plot elements. It was poor execution for what could have been something so much better.

The 4 year wait was totally not worth it.
>>
>>380861163
>>380861593
Not him but whats so bad about fsn? Never played it but that + tsukihime always gets recommended
>>
>>380861593
Yeah. it starts like shit which is why people always assume it's some shounen weeb anime shit that's low quality. But it gets progressively better. It's certainly among the top visual novels.

Far better than the other popular ones like Stein;s gate and Muv Luv trilogy.
>>
>>380861408
>I haven't played VLR but multiverses isn't a good sign if you ask me
After having played ZTD I agree with you.
>>
>>380861408
I take it you didn't play ZTD either. And a I said before, Akane can jump betwen timelines so all she needs to do is jump to a time before the kidnapping and fuck off somewhere else until the original timeline Akane dies or jumps
>>
>>380861709
Saber's Route is what's bad, the other ones not so much

>>380861723
I agree it's better than Steins and Muv Luv, but the first route it's what turn me off, they even managed to worse that in the anime, god knows how.
>>
>>380852667
No, fuck off. ZTD was garbage and the 4 year wait was not worth it. I'd rather the series end on the VLR cliffhanger.
>>
>>380861859
> so all she needs to do is jump to a time before the kidnapping and fuck off somewhere else until the original timeline Akane dies or jumps
Now you made the entire game absolutely pointless,see what I mean?
>>
>>380858850
I'd say drop it. ZTD is trash. I almost want to say play it so you know how it leads into VLR but even that is fucking pointless.
>>
>>380859568
I forget the name of his next project and am not googling because I don't care. I'm expecting his next game to be trash.
>>
>>380859810
MINDHACK
>>
>>380862080
I didn't make the game absolutely pointless, Uchi and his bad writing did.
ZE is nothin but a bad drama play.
>>
so is nakazawa working on anything new
>>
>>380861723
I was just memeing but you can't deny that Fate is shonen as fuck, but at least is entertaining unlike S;G and doesn't take forever to get interesting like Muv-Luv.
>>
>>380862759
Apparently, he is - https://vndb.org/v19996
>>
>>380862927
People complained here about "wikipedia shit" on ZE, but the S;G has like 20 min of continuous reading on that part where Kurisu was "explaining" time travel and worm hole shit
>>
>>380862927
>doesn't take forever to get interesting like muv-luv

Nigga I played the entire trilogy and played every route in the game and it NEVER got interesting.

I fucking want my time back from that trilogy. The only reason I finished it was because I was hyped by people that it would get interesting after a while, well it didn't. Don't read it if you haven't yet. The story is genuinely weak and they never reveal a lot about the BETA anyway.
>>
>>380863265
The first one is the one i like the most, at least it doesn't take itself too seriously
>>
File: IMG_7082.jpg (270KB, 1000x1261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7082.jpg
270KB, 1000x1261px
>>380862759
Play Root Double
>>
>>380863040
>ace attorney witch edition
hmmm.
>>
>>380863040
>The evidence can found by searching places of interest, while the actual ‘star hunt’ involves stripping them by countering their lies and revealing the witch’s seal (constellation) on their bodies. To draw out the seal from their bodies, you must bring them to ‘ecstasy’.
>>
>>380863265
Too late. I'm a muvluv meme victim.
But I agree with>>380863440, and I kind of liked the oneesan type character, Kei I think? The blue haired chick without a route.c
>>
>>380856543
Muh prosopagnosia
>>
>>380863440
>>380863813
Yep I agree with you. I also liked the first one the most but it was still 5/10 maybe 6/10 tops.
>>
File: IMG_6951.png (77KB, 694x801px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6951.png
77KB, 694x801px
ZE4 in 2025
>>
>>380864317
Kyle will arrive with his copy of ZE4 in 2029.
This is my plan.
>>
I just want this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw video to be incorporated into some VN's plot. Uchikoshi teased us all with it.
>>
File: complex motives.jpg (132KB, 1566x882px) Image search: [Google]
complex motives.jpg
132KB, 1566x882px
A L I E N F A X M A C H I N E
C O M P L E X M O T I V E S
>>
>>380856543
>by retconning a lot of the emphasis of the abilities of Espers.
Seemed fine to me. Phi and Sigma were just a different type of esper.
>>
Life is Strange > Zero Time Dilemma
>>
File: 1375405095939.gif (121KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
1375405095939.gif
121KB, 500x511px
>>380856819
>VLR is about Sigma, Phi, Junpei, and Akane heading to the Mars Testing Site so they can stop Radical-6
>Sigma and Phi learn how to Jump so they can better combat the threat of Radical-6
>they know Brother is a ridiculously old man

>at D-com, they all try to escape instead of figuring out how to stop Radical-6 or Zero
>Sigma and Phi pretty much never Jump
>they all ignore the old as fuck man
>>
>>380864710
>999 has Esper abilities strengthened the more of them are nearby
>VLR has the stronger Esper zap away the abilities of weaker Espers
>>
>>380859905
So there were already shifters that knew about the terrorist? Why didn't they do anything?
>>
>>380864701
Please don't bring punchline into this. That was a fucking awful anime. Should have been a red flag to the rest of us that ZTD was going to suck dick.
>>
File: 1482741256351.jpg (117KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1482741256351.jpg
117KB, 380x380px
>>380865007
>>
What if Uchikoshi decided to retcon ZTD's lore and rerelease the game for free with a story that made more sense? Would /v/ forgive him?

I know this is impossible, I'm just wondering.
>>
>>380861709

Naruto of the VN.
>>
>>380865363
No, the damage is done and I don't give a shit anymore.

Only reason why I'm willing to give Project Sync or whatever a chance is to see if Uchikoshi lost his touch or if ZTD was just a fluke
>>
>>380865170
The strong prey on the weak
>>
>>380865487
Nope. That is only said by people that didn't play further than the first route.

It's made as if it's shounen only so they can shock you with plottwists and brutal gore and a mature story further down the road.

of all "mainstream" Visual Novels Fate stay night is probably the best. Yes it's beter than Ever17. But not better than the other uchikoshi titles
>>
File: IMG_7033.gif (1001KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7033.gif
1001KB, 200x146px
>>380865363
Talking about stuff that isn't going to happen is pointless.

>>380865512
I'm putting money down it will be a clusterfuck. He got lucky on a few games and now his writing turned to pure shit.
>>
>>380865758
Watch out, you'll trigger the /vng/ autists with those words.
>>
>>380864513
I'm only 3 minutes in, but wouldn't being alone in the void with 0 stimulation cause you to just eventually stop thinking? Then the 500 million years won't even matter once you're essentially brain dead, and with no sun or clock you wouldn't even be able to quantify how much time has passed.

I'd push it.
>>
>FSN shitters sperging about other VN in a ZTD thread
lmao, how insecure are they
>>
File: COMPLEXDANCEMOVES.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
COMPLEXDANCEMOVES.webm
3MB, 800x450px
You know that you are all SHITTers, Correct?
>>
>>380866224
It's no use. You were born a SHITTer.
>>
Until dawn > Zero Time Dilemma
>>
File: complex kind of motive.png (215KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
complex kind of motive.png
215KB, 680x684px
>mfw I browsed /v/ daily to participate in every single ZE thread I saw like months and months before the release
>>
>740 years old man
>with enough money to build torture games
>a quantum computer
>an alien fax machine
>and the ability to mind hack

>his best plan to stop some random guy is killing 2/3 of the human population
FUCKING GENIUS
>>
>>380866224
We've gone off topic
>>
>>380866623
His plan was to use that to get the other people in the mood to stop the terrorist, because apparently they were indifferent and didn't care before.
>>
File: Carol is heavier than feathers.png (35KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
Carol is heavier than feathers.png
35KB, 212x172px
>>380866623
>He succeeds only in 1 timeline
>>
>>380866471
You know I was going to agree with this. But I actually enjoyed Zero Time Dilemma more than Until dawn.

Which makes me realize something. I HATE Zero Time Dilemma. But if it didn't have the "Zero Escape" label it wouldn't be judged so hard and it'd be considered somewhat of a good story based game.

It's just that 999 was of such high quality that the sequels will always be judged relative to that.
>>
>>380865512
Watch Punchline. It's exactly as >>380865232 says. Uchikoshi a hack.
>>
mind
>>
>>380865232
>tfw enjoyed punchline for the first 4 episode or so.
I thought OST was nice and found myself pretty interested about what would come next.
>>
>>380867364
hole
>>
>>380848591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdzOtvdnInA
>>
File: 7.jpg (77KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
77KB, 777x777px
>>
>>380867660
based character
>>
File: bestboi.png (208KB, 295x328px) Image search: [Google]
bestboi.png
208KB, 295x328px
Oi mate
>>
>>380865232
I regret finishing that show. What was it even about such a terrible shit-show.

What is Uchikoshi working on nowadays anyway?
>>
File: Project-Psync-Ann-Init-1.jpg (19KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Project-Psync-Ann-Init-1.jpg
19KB, 600x338px
>>380867980
http://gematsu.com/2017/03/zero-escape-series-creator-announces-project-psync

Uchi: The theme of this project is the eyeball. Note, eye in Japanese can also mean Love.

That's all we know.
>>
>>380848591
You just don't know how complex the motivations are.
>>
File: 1468827273471.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468827273471.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
I really did enjoy the ending scene where they have Carlos point a shotgun at Delta and flips a coin. Wish the puzzles weren't shafted to tell more story. I was really expecting there to be a final puzzle room.

>>380865232
It was basically watered down 999 and 999 is basically Ever17. He hasn't really came up with any new ideas for a while. It was fun watching it with anons, but everything in the show was pretty predicable if you know Uchi.
>>
>>380866224
Every Zero Escape thread needs this link-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
Still such a low amount of views, sad
>>
File: 1467595322708.png (991KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
1467595322708.png
991KB, 936x936px
It was worth it for the maymays.
>>
>go through VLR again
>all this hype and lore for FTS, Left, Myrmidons, Brother, Kyle, etc.
>all of it thrown out the door

Why even bother making a sequel?
>>
>>380849465
>Because it didn't include characters from 999 who you should have known weren't going to be in the game.
If anything they shouldn't have included Junpei, a 999 character. Ruined his character(and Akane's) really badly.
>>
File: 1492663399032.gif (307KB, 640x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1492663399032.gif
307KB, 640x1056px
>>380851473
No. You're fucking with me. Is this REAL?
>>
>>380868719
I wish ZTD never existed, at least the series would have ended on a high note and the fan theories and stuff would have been enough.

Now we'll forever have to deal with ZTD being canon and completely ruining everything VLR set up.
>>
>>380868904
also deal with ZTD being the most popular and loved game of the series because it generated memes and was played by let'splayers
>>
>>380868240
目"me" is eye in Japanese
愛 "ai" is love in Japanese

Would be retarded if he used english eye to have a connection to the japanese love.
>>
>>380869047
KU: All I can say right now, is that “eye” is the major theme of my upcoming title. I should also mention that in Japanese, “eye” is a homonym for “love.”
>>
>>380868757
As real as it gets
>>
Last game didn't ruin anything for me
I just pretend it never happened
>>
You should all give Baldr Sky a read. It's like Infinity + mechas + 150 hours worth of reading.
>>
>>380868757
Not in those words exactly, but it pretty much came down to it, yeah.
>>
>>380857008
Remember11 is actually really fucking good
This is coming from someone who also disliked Ever17
>>
>>380869305
I don't know. The same faggot who recommended Muv-luv to me also praised the shit out of Baldr Sky.
I already played Berseria this year and I don't want to fall for another meme game.
>>
>>380852667
Cone on, most of the writing was just laughable
>>
I heard that the guy who started operation blue bird regrets it now, is that true?
>>
>>380848708

This.
The game went full-retard since 999 when morphgenetic fields came into play. VLR took it a step further and implemented timelines and jumping around.

The issue with ZTD isn't the stupid jumping power, but the fact that it had a significantly lower amount of puzzles than the other two. The story itself has been retarded since the first game.
>>
>>380869653
Baldr Sky isn't a meme game, I swear.
>>
File: bluebird anon.png (3KB, 356x83px) Image search: [Google]
bluebird anon.png
3KB, 356x83px
>>380869725
>>
File: 1466805243467.gif (4MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466805243467.gif
4MB, 300x300px
>>380869150
>eye
>also homonym for "I"
*bick dinkel intensifies*
>>
>>380865363
Has something like that ever made people happy?
I only have two examples of alternate endings - Mass Effect 3 and Neon Genesis Evangalion
And I don't think either made people happy
>>
>>380869653

You didn't like muv-luv anon?
>>
>>380870157
>Has something like that ever made people happy?

We'll find out soon enough.
They're retconning Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 to and remaking the story from the ground up for Steins;Gate Elite.
>>
File: 12601-8757145.png (718KB, 520x1682px) Image search: [Google]
12601-8757145.png
718KB, 520x1682px
>uchi's trying to appeal to the western audience with ztd
>the game instantly turns into shit
Color me surprised Nishimura should have stayed as the artist
>>
>>380870359

Source? This sounds like an awful idea since both stories are fine as-is.
>>
>>380869829
>uchi at least backed the morphogenetic fields and subconscious shifting with real scientific theory.
I had a hard time swallowing morphogenetic fields too, until I realized it actually was a really scientific theory. Stiens;gate builds it's fiction off of theories too and people can swallow that.

>>380848591
Because we are on a timeline that god abandoned. I feel like I got slapped in the face with a dick. I hyped and supported the creation of that steaming pile from the minute it got put on hiatus, just to get burned. Hell this same scenario applies to deadpool, but at least that shit was good!

At the very least I take solace that ZE is finished and we won't have to deal with it's retardation anymore. I don't even care if I'll never get anymore screentime of best boy (sigma). I'm glad to get a new puzzle game from Uchi from the ground up.
>>
>>380870394
The art was the least of the game's problems, Rui was fine.
>>
>>380870427
https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/868795109365731329
>>
He also felt the need to ruin Back to the future because god forbids a time travel story is actually good
>>
File: 1426780628476.jpg (115KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1426780628476.jpg
115KB, 960x544px
>>380869865
I am happier having some closure than never getting a sequel. I don't regret the joy I had when they did finally announce the game after Family Fishing.
>>
File: 1481476850513.png (715KB, 692x812px) Image search: [Google]
1481476850513.png
715KB, 692x812px
>>380870657

Didn't play any C;H due to it not working on my PC for whatever reason, how was Noah? I don't hear it recommended much so I can only assume it wasn't that good.

I have no idea why Elite even needs to exist, though there was some story revisions 0 needed, S;G original was perfectly fine.
>>
>>380852161
>pirate VLR
Where tho? I considered buying it but I have to pay like 40 euros for both games and I already played 999.
>>
>>380870394
It was one stupid decision after another. When the first thing revealed was that they were replacing Nishimura, it was clear that it was going to be bad.
>>
>>380870878
Was it kyle or akane in the armor at this time?
>>
>>380870537
>The art was the least of the game's problems
No shit.
Rui's fine, but there was no reason to change the artist that drew the prequels. He probably just couldn't afford Nishimura and made up that silly excuse.
>>
File: kang.png (122KB, 382x210px) Image search: [Google]
kang.png
122KB, 382x210px
>PM Uchi on Facebook.
>Asked him about the original ZTD story before he changed it.
>Ask him very politely, mention that I thought it was interesting that he changed the story and if he would be interested in revealing the original plot.
>Asked him if Brother was anyone different or if Left made an appearance.
>He saw the message a little over two hours later.
>That was over a week ago. He never responded.

I don't get what the big deal is. What's wrong with telling his fans the original plot for fun? Unless he's not allowed to or something.
>>
File: 1455401505258.png (270KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1455401505258.png
270KB, 351x351px
>>380871002
It's during Kyles route, So definitely Kyle.
>>
File: 1468639634812.png (2MB, 1958x712px) Image search: [Google]
1468639634812.png
2MB, 1958x712px
>>380871063
He's not responding to any questions related to the Zero Escape franchise, period. Uchikoshi is done with the series and ready to fuck up the next.
Q&A NEVER EVER
>>
>>380870346
It was okay, but not amazing. It takes forever to get going, and the routes weren't that interesting.
I guess It was too long for its own good.

I like Relewrite, Yu-No, C;H, If my heart had wings, RE11, LB, Edelweiss and crap like that.

>>380869843
Aight, I'm gonna trust you. It can't be worse than the gook shit I'm reading right now.
>>
>>380871034
>couldn't afford nishi
>but could afford ishida, sawashiro, ono, and the rest of the A+ va team

Sometimes I wonder where this man's priorities lie.
On that note, the part where akane goes full yandere with the chainsaw was so bad in jap, miyuki just fucking screeches like a banshee on helium holy shit. Money wasted
>>
File: 1497429293581.png (380KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
1497429293581.png
380KB, 640x592px
>>380871063
He has more important matters to respond to
>>
File: 1467409482443.png (137KB, 630x322px) Image search: [Google]
1467409482443.png
137KB, 630x322px
>>380871743
What has he turned into
>>
>>380871417
What are you reading right now?
>>
>>380872023
A puppet? A shell of his former self? an older version of himself.
>>
>>380870394
His biggest mistake was abanoning the VN style to try to appeal to the cinematic weebs.

>VLR sigma
God I miss that character, if nothing else I can at least thank Uchi for creating Sigma and giving me as many laughs as I did in VLR.
>>380871743
>A ZE dating sim was created before DR
>shitty tumblr art
>Sigma looks like he was drawn by a lazy 14 year old
>male characters in drag
There are somethings that shouldn't exist...
>>380871063
I can only assume he is ashamed of his failures with the series and wishes to wipe the slate as clean as possible. I know I would never want to acknowledge such a monstrosity if I was him. As much as I hated ZTD, I still admire him a little. He'll usually always reply to my sigma cosplays
>>
File: 1467657517793.png (78KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1467657517793.png
78KB, 250x188px
>>380866546
>those threads counting down to release almost a year ago today
>>
>>380870657
>major story revisions
Why? I don't know why you would want to change anything. Hell even worse is that west will probably never see it.
>>
>>380848591
So who is best girl and why is it Luna?
>>
>>380866546
>getting hyped as fuck whenever crashkeys dropped a new character headshot
>multiple threads and hundreds of replies
>multiple valid theories bouncing around
I feel so stupid for getting excited.
>>
The original Uchikoshi, the one who wrote Never11, Ever17,999, and VLR, actually SHIFTed into that body from around the time before ZTD was created.
He went back to ensure that the games before would be great using all the skills he had learned.
Unfortunately, this left a younger, less experienced, Uchikoshi in the body of the original Uchikoshi.
The fans were demanding another game, so the younger Uchikoshi read the Wikipedia articles of the games before and set out to make ZTD.
After the embarrassment of ZTD, the original Uchikoshi SHIFTs back into his original body to be met with the failure of ZTD. He sets out to make project Psync as atonement for his mistake.
>>
File: best girl.png (495KB, 652x596px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
495KB, 652x596px
>>380873989
>not Newscaster
>not even posting an image
come on now
>>
>>380874115
>spend months creating theories using what little we had seen from ZTD and the hints given at the end of VLR.
>Come up with better stories and conclusions than that turd of a game

It's so fucking unfair.the game could have gone in 50 different valid directions and it would have been great. But it chose to end up like ZTD. Almost as if Uchikoshi was just trolling us by adding plotholes when they weren't even necessary in the first place
>>
File: Goofy ass Sigma.jpg (67KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
Goofy ass Sigma.jpg
67KB, 500x289px
So, how do you think Sigma felt when he learned Phi was his daughter?
You think he had a flashback to all those times he hit on her?
>>
>>380874154
Ah yes. I see.
Uchikoshi must be incredibly Complex
>>
File: IN11BL.png (227KB, 368x553px) Image search: [Google]
IN11BL.png
227KB, 368x553px
hey

>>380853541
certainly it's not very different, maybe a bit more fluidly written
>>
>>380874775
Well then...
>not learning japanese to embrace Uchikoshi's magnum opus that is 12Riven
>>
>>380853541
>TFW speak Japanese for almost a decade now
>Still prefer reading visual novels in English.

To be honest learning Japanese was kinda a waste of time. I only use it for JAV and hentai but lets be honest every single one just uses the same sentences over and over again anyway.
>>
>>380874878
doesn't seem to be a magnum opus from what people have told me, but it does seem at least pretty decent, so I'll be content waiting until gundam's translation "leaks"
>>
>>380874154
haha, I accept this as a valid sequence of events. I hope psync is good. The worst thing he could do is take more notes from kodaka and lie to his fans about it not being connected to ZE.

>>380874584
My personal favorite was that snake was brother, it was perfectly legitimate. I honestly thought that was the direction it was gonna go in.

>>380874607
I honestly believe he regretted nothing. Worst twist in the whole series. I know Uchi said not to pair, them but come on, they had the best chemistry in the entire series. Then you're gonna go and drop that bomb? What the fuck?
>>
>>380874607
Sigma...had a hard lives...
>>
>>380874878
I saw the op.
It looks kind of retarded,mostly because of the poor art. Is it truly good?
>>
>>380872635
God of Crime. It's really, really bad, but I'm hoping the twist(if it's not a simple misunderstanding) is worth it.
>>
Anyone here read Never7?

Was it worth the read? It almost never gets spoken of
>>
Because stupid Burgerlanders demanded a sequel without realizing that forcing the writer's hand won't make it any good.
>>
>>380875026
It is universally considered a pinnacle of sci-fi literary works. Don't pay that much attention to visuals, like this anon >>380874984 did, and follow your heart to learn japanese and finally read this masterpiece.
I haven't read it yet, but am excited to in a year or so. I LOVE UCHIKOSHI, THERE IS NO BETTER PLOT THAN HIS ONES OUT THERE IN A WORLD OF VNs.
>>380875352
It's notable for true route.
>>
>>380869725
Saturn >>380869865 didn't start Bluebird though, the original guy disappeared though.
>>380870881
Noah is not translated.
>>380870881
>>380870657
>>380870427
>>380870359
>>380873662
I wouldn't worry that much, they'll probably just adapt the novelization of S;G (which is good) into VN format and add stuff like The Distant Valhalla and Alpha Drama CD.
>>
>>380875443
>forcing the writer's hand
what
>>
Clover is a slut.

>both of her bad endings in the first game involve her holding hands with Junpei
>in VLR she dresses like a slutty anime girl
>basically promises to fuck Sigma if he votes betray
>>
Nevermind me, mixed post numbers, but you get the idea.
>>
>>380875352
Reading it currently. It's a bit boring compared to the other infinity titles, but so far its been enjoyable, albeit light. Just don't expect too much from it.
>>
https://yuki.la/v/336053135
https://yuki.la/v/339879996#p339879996
https://yuki.la/v/340829326
https://yuki.la/v/341859364
https://yuki.la/v/341975282
https://yuki.la/v/342151049#p342151049
https://yuki.la/v/342186261
https://yuki.la/v/342390918
https://yuki.la/v/342449507

Makes you sad, doesn't it?
>>
>>380875635
>This level of dedication

Fanbases are cults.
>>
>>380875352
It's pretty standard romance/drama shit until the plot drops halfway into each route. Recommended route order is Yuka -> Haruka -> Saki (shit) -> Kurumi -> True, and you do have to finish the first four to reach True. The plot changes a bit based on what route you're on, but the true route is good. Never7 actually felt like less of a slog than Ever17 because it actually knew what it was and tried to build slowly instead of giving you this weird juxtaposition of 20 minutes of the chicken sandwich stand and then 20 minutes of something going on. It's not a bad VN.
>>
【F】
>>
>>380848591

you know what i really liked about 999? it was the whole murder mystery aspect to it, a character died and it was a fucking tragedy! who did it? why? how did he do it? is this character really shocked by this or is he just playing along

then came VLR and character started to kill themself on purpouse in order to time travel

do you realize how fucking stupid is that?
>>
File: 3456278190.jpg (84KB, 876x611px) Image search: [Google]
3456278190.jpg
84KB, 876x611px
>>380875569
Don't forget
>>
>>380875906
SLUT!
>>
>>380856543
>he hasn't played ghost trick or world ends with you
>>
>>380875569
>>380875906
I want to cum inside Clover while she lies to me
>>
>>380875876
999 is a masterpiece that will be remembered within gaming for a long time.

Just like how Legend of the galactic heroes was forgotten for years and since ~2010 started to appear in the top 10 of all time anime.

Same thing will happen with 999. give it a decade or two and it'll reach top 10 of all time spots.
>>
>>380875906
>tfw the drawfag never finished the Lotus edit
I guess ZTD was too much him.
>>
File: punished sigma.jpg (196KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
punished sigma.jpg
196KB, 500x626px
>>380875635
>If you bought the games, made a post online about it, or even something as small as friending Uchi on Facebook , YOU did it. EVERYONE did it.
we were so innocent back then.
>>
Have you managed to encounter VNs with plot more complicated and twist even crazier than Remember11 and ZE? I've heard things about Umineko, and Baldr Sky proved itself mecha-Infinity. Any other Vns than these ones?
>>
>>380876065
>twewy
>good
I'd rather play DR
>>
File: 1467669181207.jpg (28KB, 1652x150px) Image search: [Google]
1467669181207.jpg
28KB, 1652x150px
>>380876419
>>
>>380876407
Rewrite. It has a pretty slow start though.
>>
>>380876065
Played them both.

I really liked world ends with you. But ghost trick is underwhelming as fuck and I genuinely didn't like it aside from the meteor part.
>>
>>380876264
Sigma is a really good representation of the fans at this point.
Made to suffer
>>
>>380876545
Wow, I though it was your typical moege.
Forgot to mention that by R11 I imply Infinity as a whole (including I/O etc.).
>>
>>380876663
>good representation
Where's my used goods, anon? Being a cuck and an awful parent is the next step.
>>
>>380875735
Still not as bad as DR fans, disturbingly close, but not DR thankfully.

>>380876264
>sigma got the worst treatment in the series
>junpei is the edgy one
Further proof Sigma is best MC in the series.
>>
>>380876834
Zero Escape is our used goods. ZTD is our retarded MIND HACK baby. Uchikoshi is the one cucking us
>>
File: IMG_7087.png (85KB, 610x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7087.png
85KB, 610x476px
PUSH THE BUTTON
>>
>>380877018
2meta5me
>>
File: AKANE.jpg (80KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
AKANE.jpg
80KB, 780x770px
>>380877010
Jumpy just had a hard life looking for his crush who fucking abandoned him constantly.
>>
>>380877186
And the logical choice was to throw gia life away and marry her? Junpei is one of the worst characters ever.
>>
>>380876407
Better yet, what are some books that have twists like these? I know lit has a sci fi general, but I'm still lost on where to start.
>>
>>380877304
Yes
>>
>>380877304
I still laugh at the ending where he thinks about all the Junpei that didn't get Akane and her just telling him to forget about it or something like that
>>
File: 1473643405842.png (809KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1473643405842.png
809KB, 1000x750px
>>380876096
Your dream can become reality. Just take my hand.
>>
>>380875635
We need a second Project Bluebird to make him rewrite the damn game
>>
>>380877596
Don't do it, Anon!
>>
>>380877347
Oh, I have benn concerned with the same question for some years, and this is what I found so far. I recommend reading Qualia the Purple, it's basically Infinity series: The Book. Other than that, I really liked Story of my Life - short story collection by Ted Chiang. You might know him, because there is a movie called The Arrival based on one of his novels.
>>
>>380877483
>VLR
>I havent seen Akane since the events of 999
>ZTD
>In a fucking group with Akane
>went there with the intent to marry her
>a third party knew both of them and how much Junpei loved her
>Akane injects him with a drug that makes him forget ninety (90) (1:30) minutes
>he forgets literally everything
>carlos never tells him
>>
>>380877304
999 Junpei > VLR Junpei >>>>> ZTD "Junpei"
Reminder that Uchi only wrote D Team and even if he decided to make Junpei and Akane marry it was just to make the fans happy
>>
File: I'm so fucked up.jpg (77KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
I'm so fucked up.jpg
77KB, 960x544px
>>380877596
>>
>>380877641
Fucking this.
>>
>>380877876
>Hey, sleep with me? Do you hate me...? Then sleep with me! Come on! Hurry! Oh, I see... You don't have the balls. Coward
Sorry, but Junpei marrying Akane makes more sense than the crap Uchi wrote.

Akane is the worst piece of shit ever, but Diana is a close second.
Too nice my ass.
>>
>>380878174
>Sigma, I want you to plow my soaking wet cunt right here right now
>Sorry m'lady it would be wrong to do that
>>
>>380878174
Diana has an excuse for being fucked up
Akane is a criminal and a terrible human being all around
>>
>>380877986
Shinji!
>>
>>380877752
I just read the description.
>she sees all living things as robots.
Oh boy.
>>
>>380878545
>we are going to die
>let's fug and have babies you pussy :DDD
>don't forget to waste food on the doggo
I'm actually happy Uchi didn't write C-Team.
>>
File: The End of Zero Escape.png (230KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
The End of Zero Escape.png
230KB, 960x544px
>>380877986
>>
>>380877986
I like how Sigma didn't notice:
>his robot arms (until his hand gets cut)
>his steampunk monocle eyepatch
>his old man body
>his old man hair
>his old man voice
>the fact that everyone's calling him an old man

because lol moon gravity
>>
File: This is my power.png (650KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
This is my power.png
650KB, 1920x1080px
Why did he shoot Gab?
He was already a dick, it really didn't need to be cemented with dog shooting
>>
>>380878570
What's her excuse for dooming humanity? Her exhusband looked at her wrong?
>>
>>380878570
If only 999 and VLR are cannon then Akane is a straight up sociopath.

Considering what happened to her on a young age that isn't such a surprise. But still.

If you only take 999 it's even worse. She's a straight up calculating psychopath that only says stuff simply to influence the situation to her advantage. The moment she has what she wants she just straight-up disappears because she doesn't give a fuck about anyone else.
>>
>>380878748
Man, don't fall into prejudices this quick. I swear you'll be like "damn, is this some unpublished Infinity iteration's script I'm reading right now?" halfway through the book.
>>
>>380878916
>not once he went to the toilet and saw his wrinkled old-man penis
>>
>>380878952
because they're stupidly attached to the dog, and wanted to make sure they SHIFTed without fear of "no the poor doggo!"
>>
>>380879131
THEY LEFT HIM IN THE SHELTER IN THE TRUE END
YOU THINK IF THEY CARED FOR HIM THAT MUCH THEY WOULD MENTION HIM IN THE EPILOGUE
>>
>>380878952
His motives are complex.
>>
>>380878987
What do you mean? I meant that as in I was excited. It just sounded very Uchi to me.
>>
>>380878987
Not him, but it's the main character a girl? Because if so, fuck that.
Edgy girls suck.
>>
File: Complex Retardation.png (264KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Complex Retardation.png
264KB, 640x480px
>>
>>380879220
He is with Carlos 2 now. God knows he needs the company while Carlos fucks his sister.
>>
>>380879245
For some reason I thought that you were like "nah, what is this weaboo shit". Then the said goes to >>380879258.
>>380879258
It would be a huge loss for you to not give it a read.
>>
>>380879131
I hate how this can be true simply because of "COMPLEX MOTIVES"
>>
>>380879520
It's a manga, right? I found a site to read it, but some sites are claiming it's a light novel.

Is it actually a light novel and the manga is just based off it, or were those sites wrong?
>>
>>380877752
>Ted Chiang.

I LOVED his "three body problem" trilogy.
>>
>>380879725
Uchi confirmed it. He is that much of a hack.
>>
>>380879770
>actually a light novel and the manga is just based off it
This. I haven't read manga, but the book is awesome, especially for Uchikoshi/Nakazawa fan like yourself.
>>
>>380878828
I'M TIRED OF THIS FOOD
I WANT TO GO HOME
WHY WONT YOU FUCK ME
MUH BLUE BIRD
>>
>>380879914
Do you know where I can read the book? I can't seem to find it.
>>
File: Anger.gif (2MB, 406x304px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.gif
2MB, 406x304px
>>380879903
>>
File: qualia.png (536KB, 1182x525px) Image search: [Google]
qualia.png
536KB, 1182x525px
>>380880023
Actually I think I found it. It's this, right?
>>
File: luna.png (48KB, 151x140px) Image search: [Google]
luna.png
48KB, 151x140px
>>380848591
literally the only people who hated ZTD are the people who spent hours crafting up fan theories about who You was and blick winkel and Left and would jerk each other off in these kind of threads of how the third game was going to blow their minds. The third game is no worse than VLR was, but everyone expected it to be much better and were therefore letdown. You're the same kind of people who hated the Force Awakens because they expected it to pander to their obscure star wars knowledge.
>>
>>380880498
>The third game is no worse than VLR was
Honestly end your life.
>>
>>380880286
This is the one. There was EPUB/PDF version, actually, but I can't find it on their site anymore. They updated the post with it and deleted all the link, apparently.
Here is another link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5XtCxJULf4OGJzRnV0MnlVOEk/view
>>
>>380878916
The arms are a damn good replica with fake biological tissue to resemble his younger self.

There were no intact mirrors so unless he felt his face he'd never know. Most people don't do that very often.

Everyone hears their voice way fucking differently than how it is to everyone else.

The old man thing he gets bothered by but never outright questions, everyone there is a dick so it just comes off as an insult.
>>
>>380880498
>retcons esper powers
>turns sigma into a joke
>world is still in danger
Uchitards are dumb.
>>
File: 1487694839021.jpg (11KB, 229x183px) Image search: [Google]
1487694839021.jpg
11KB, 229x183px
>>380880498
nah

i hated ZTD because the returning cast acted stupid for the whole story, it retconned how shifting works, completely ignored characters and plot threads from the previous games and the ending was a fucking cop out.
>>
>>380877596
I had a nightmare once that Clover choked me to death with her bare hands.
>>
>>380880731
>"radical-6 is a virus that causes you to experience time slower which causes you to not notice gravity and also to kill yourself over time which is conveniently everything we needed for our plot!"
such amazing writing, if only we could've had more of this instead of the cop-out that was mindhacking amirite
>>
>>380880981
Thats not a nightmare
>>
>>380880498
>same kind of people who hated Force Awakens
well yeah, they both sucked.
>>
>>380880498
No, I hated ZTD because the writing was fucking garbage.
>>
>>380880783
Not the guy you responded to, but I was looking for an epub version of this. Thanks!
>>
File: Zero Honest Reviewers.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Honest Reviewers.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>open ZTD steam reviews
>cringe so hard I have to close the page
>>
>>380880783
Thank you.
>>
>>380881049
"I can't SHIFT, but I can read people's minds, and I can somehow use this to determine exactly what all 9 of you will and won't do in every timeline. Also I can control your body sometimes."

At least Radical-6 had established rules and effects that explained why certain characters did what they did.
>>
>>380881049
>virus causes you to lose your eyesight
>use that and lock them in a dark place
>how convenient!!1!111
Meanwhile in ZTD they refuse to use their powers or the just atop working because of reasons.
>>
>>380881192
Reminder that porting the series to different platforms was a mistake
>>
>>380880498
>Uchi hyped up Free the Soul in VLR and dropped it in ZTD.
>Uchi said on Twitter that a Left clone would be in ZTD.
>Sigma and Phi were supposed to be badass and constantly use their esper abilities to save the world and they barely did shit.
>>
>>380880783
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>380878916
Sometimes I waste time looking for my glasses in the morning only to find they were already on my face. I imagine its similar to that, you don't notice those changes on your body because you are used to your own body, so it's just accepted + rad6's effects
>>
File: 1492923656425.jpg (20KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
1492923656425.jpg
20KB, 407x407px
Tfw remember 11 will never get a true ending.
>>
>>380881834
>tfw it'a still leagues ahead of ever17, 99,VLR, etc...
>>
File: UN11BL.png (250KB, 473x592px) Image search: [Google]
UN11BL.png
250KB, 473x592px
>>380881834
>>
>>380881834
That's the point. Aitsu/That guy is trapped in an eternal loop and has no further influence on the world.

But yeah, would've been nice to actually see more of it. There were quite a few unused sprites in the game, no?
>>
Reminder having a PC port killed cool ideas like using the Vita/3DS internal camera to show that BW was You.
>>
File: 1490408392359.png (635KB, 1240x978px) Image search: [Google]
1490408392359.png
635KB, 1240x978px
>>380881834
do you really want that

after what happened with ztd do you really want uchi retroactively fucking up r11 too
>>
File: HO04AL.png (262KB, 448x540px) Image search: [Google]
HO04AL.png
262KB, 448x540px
>>380882005
Just a few.
>>
>>380881976
Thats why i hate that it didnt get a real conclusion. I kind of want to reread it but the non ending turns me off.
>>
>>380882005
You could have put the whole thing in spoiler tags, you know. This is a Zero Escape thread and I just got spoiled on a different game.
>>
File: yuni.jpg (624KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
yuni.jpg
624KB, 1024x768px
>>380881981
>Let's troll every main character for shits and giggles while being the only person who actually knows what's going on in 2011: the character
>>
>>380882131
>hasnt read remember 11 yet.
18+ lil guy.
>>
>>380882131
these cucks couldn't even stop talking about their shitty ZTD game in the danganronpa threads on /a/
everyone trying to draw "epic" parallels between the two
>>
File: 1495756327103.jpg (122KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1495756327103.jpg
122KB, 600x315px
meme incoming
>>
>>380882131
To even get that That guy/Aitsu is not some typo in the TIPS section you have to dig deep into the game and analyze every single thing and read jap analyzes. Thankfully, there was one fully translated into Russian.
>>
>>380881056
now if it was bear hands
>>
File: 1494218068845.png (426KB, 837x765px) Image search: [Google]
1494218068845.png
426KB, 837x765px
>>380882354
>>
>>380882164
He really was damn brat: the character

Do you think he knew about the final level? If he did, that would make him way more sinister than surface level
>>
>>380882131
I always use spoiler tags, I'm not sure why these people are incapable of doing so. You should expect Infinity talk in these threads though to be fair, it comes up pretty often.

>>380882393
That wordpress? It's not really fully accurate but it has some good ideas.
>>
File: 1494217554123.jpg (155KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1494217554123.jpg
155KB, 700x525px
>>380882465
>>
>>380882491
>You should expect Infinity talk in these threads though to be fair, it comes up pretty often.
Yeah I know. I don't mind the Infinity talk, but spoiler tags would be nice. It takes like 2 seconds to add them.
>>
File: 1494218266876.jpg (235KB, 782x478px) Image search: [Google]
1494218266876.jpg
235KB, 782x478px
>>380882584
>>
File: Life is simply unfair.webm (811KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Life is simply unfair.webm
811KB, 640x480px
>>
I've just had a really nice conversation with one anon about R11. It happened in this >>380831880 thread, but it bumplimited just now. Perhaps you are in this thread now. If so, I'm looking forward to continue the discussion.
>>
THE FLYING FUCK, I SPOILED IT. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY SPOILER TAGS. MOOOOOOOOOOT.
Alright, take two:

>>380882491
>It's not really fully accurate but it has some good ideas.
Well, yeah. I found a few details contradicting some of its points, but its main gist (Aitsu is an entity that exists in all moments of time, it mindfucked Satoru's sister as the result of flashback et cetera, aitsu's memories which he got from the first route were implanted onto Satoru, et cetera) was right, at least in my interpretation.
>>
>>380883065
Can I read the thread If i'm unsure if I want to play R11 but don't want to get spoiled?
>>
>>380882095
I loved her bros why did she have to stay kill on a mountainside
>>
>>380883190
I believe you can, for everyone mentioning R11 kept their spoilers placed in proper places. Proceed with caution, however.
>>
>>380848591
>ridiculous amounts of sexual tension between Sigma and Phi
>they're father and daughter actually

WHY
H
Y
>>
File: gz.jpg (19KB, 480x56px) Image search: [Google]
gz.jpg
19KB, 480x56px
>>380883151
Alright, trying to guess what happened to my spoiler tags.
Test Test (Test) (Test)
>>
>>380883190
it has spoiler tags but you shouldn't read any of it just go play the thing

>>380883065
I read through it, the final thing about self and enomoto and satoru switching around doesn't make sense and isn't how it worked
>>
>>380883483
>Phi
I feel sorry for any Phifag that hoped to see more of her in ZTD, she pretty much only shows up in the best puzzle room (with the furnace)
>>
I played Danganronpa recently but I honestly had a hard time getting invested in the overall plot, I only really enjoyed it on a case by case basis. Monokuma and Junko made Delta look reasonable to me.
>>
>>380883571
>just go play the thing

Want to know if it's worth my time before I sink 60+ hours into something.
>>
File: remember11 yuni.jpg (95KB, 808x649px) Image search: [Google]
remember11 yuni.jpg
95KB, 808x649px
>>380883190
It's one hell of a trip, especially when you try to piece everything together. Just go for it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>380880498
VLR was shit too, but Luna saved the game
>>
>>380883730
R11 is like 20 hours
>>
>>380883730
>60
Not a chance, it's more like 30 on the high end, and would only potentially take you 60 if you went for every bad end and every scene (which you need to do in order to unlock every tip, but you can look those up online once you finish). It's shorter than ever17 and much better paced.
>>
>>380856543

I gave 999 a real try, but it left a bad taste in my mouth with the timeline juggling. The first ending I got, was that Clover went crazy and killed everyone. Which was, extremely unsatisfying. And then I wasn't really able to get invested in the rest of the timelines because in the back of my mind none of it mattered, it was all stepping stones to the true ending. And because I had seen so many different ways the characters had acted in different timelines, it kinda fucked up my perception of them to the point of actively disliking everyone except Akane and Seven.

Personally for me, the absolute epitome of video game storytelling is Ace Attorney. The emotional impact of the stories is so great and the twists are unbelievable. The twist in the last game fucked me up real good.
>>
>>380883748
Is it necessary to play the other games in the series beforehand?
>>
>>380881056
I'm telling you it was spooky, though. She tackled me out of nowhere, pinned me to the ground underneath her, and started choking me while making that spooky Axe Ending face.
>>
>>380883963
Never7 has a concept behind it that you could argue is relevant to the rest of the series, but it only has a loose connection to Ever17, and Ever17 has one very loose connection to Remember11. They are pretty standalone. Each one is better than the last because Uchikoshi had less control over each successive one
>>
>>380883919
So you didn't finish 999 and don't know how it ends?

Go the fuck away from the thread and fucking the game fuckface.
>>
>>380883963
R11 is as standalone as it can be. There is one implication that some characters work for a company from other games, but that's it. Just a nod.
>>
>>380884134

I did finish it, I just didn't care at that point because of all the bullshit I had to get through to get there.
>>
>>380883571
Ah, that thing. I really should refresh my memory by replaying it. Now I remember, there should be something with how the first Enamoto/Satoro switch took place way before we launched the game, right? I believe Enamoto's consc. was put out of switching process after that, leaving only Satoru, Self etc., right?
>>
>>380884082
I repeat, Thats not a nightmare
>>
>>380883919
The characters are pretty consistent in 999, though, aside from Lotus being all "Woo, let's sacrifice someone. :D" early on.

Now Virtue's Last Reward, on the other hand...
>>
>>380884254
Not him, but look at https://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=InfinitySeries:Chronology

月日不明ーー Date unknown
Satoru and Enomoto perform a small scale (short distance, short time) time-space transfer, and exchange bodies.
>>
>>380884254
it's kind of like this

in july of 2011, enomoto and satoru switch places, and there could be a few reasons for this:
>satoru wanted to prevent himself and enomoto from being able to switch around, if the way the switches work are that you have to be in your original body to switch or the person you switched with has to be in another transfer zone to switch around more (this means self acts as a stand-in and satoru would not normally switch out of SPHIA)
>to create a disconnect between any physical memories in enomoto's brain and the memories self thinks it should have as "yukidoh satoru"
>to prevent utsumi from realizing that the person who contacted her had the same voice as satoru's body, assuming he actually spoke with her over the phone

so enomoto and satoru switched places and then neither of them switched any longer after that point, satoru either made it to self's level at the start or the end of the plan or ended up just getting eradicated because it could never work for him
>>
>>380883919
Play ghost trick
>>
Satoru is a dick.
Knowingly led his best friend to death just to save his imouto. Bros before hos, damn it.
>>
>>380884632
>>380884751
>tfw Satoru is in our world right fucking now
>>
>all this praise for R11
Proof enough that the game is overrated and should be avoided
>>
>>380885074
not if yuni just didn't tell him about it

>>380885126
2 0 2 8
>>
Only payed 999 and don't plan on playing the sequels, but tell me, does Akane ever get her comeuppance for orchestrating all that bullshit in the first game?
>>
>>380885229
No
>>
>>380885074
Naoya was a sociopathic dick who had a fixation on killing and deserved it. Seriously how retarded can he be trying to kill "that guy" that's inhabiting HIS body, which he can't switch back with once its stabbed to death. Then again maybe he was so gay for Yukidoh that he wanted to remain in his body.
>>
>>380885203
He had the disk. Read the following from the chronology:
Next, he gives Yuni and Enomoto detailed directions.
However, he intentionally hides some information (information he is afraid could bring hindrances to his "Plan.")
>>
>>380884934

I did, its a great game. I just like Ace Attorney more because there has been more of it and many amazing stories in the series.
>>
>>380885126
He split up Uchikoshi and Nakazawa so they wouldn't write any more VNs in his world
2meta4me. But seriously, when will Uchi and Nakazawa write something else together?
Uchikoshi knows (and this is important) how to write characters and (even more important) when to stop. Nakazawa has loads of great ideas but his execution is... meh.

And in I/O he just couldn't stop writing more. Ending E was perfect. No need for anything else. C' and D'... Well, I thought they were nice epilogues. But then A' and B' started. For fuck's sake, they were truly awful. Introducing new shit and not resolving anything. I won't say anything about E'. Maybe I just don't get it, I dunno.
>>
>>380885767
They worked on the punchline game together.
They don't got it anymore my dude. They caught lightning in a bottle with r11 and they won't reach those heights again. Accept this.
>>
>>380856543
Ghost Trick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 999
>>
>>380885767
Agree with you. I liked everything in I/O except that epilogue sequence. True ends were satisfying though.
I expect a nearly R11-level fкom 12Riven, have you read it?
>>
>>380883728
Have you played DR2?
>>
>>380885437
Did you miss the point? He stabs his future body in that ending because he and Satoru want to believe in the many-worlds interpretation, meaning that his future body can just die there but they could arrive at a different result. They have no proof that it's true, but things were already fucked from Self going into the white room at that point, so they really had nothing to lose by killing it off. It had no bearing on them as far as they knew.

>>380885619
But the information on the disc is limited to what Yuni told Satoru about SPHIA in many cases. Yuni experienced things in SPHIA, so he could conceal whatever he wanted. You do realize that it goes both ways with this, Yuni and Satoru could both conceal information from each other freely. For all you know, Yuni is as insane as Enomoto from being put through all of those events and just wanted to save Kokoro, who was the one person he trusted fully, and intentionally tried to maintain the events of the future. Telling Satoru that Enomoto was going to die would result in a change that might cause Kokoro not to be saved, so he wouldn't have told Satoru and therefore the information on the disc that came from future Satoru wouldn't contain any kind of warning about Enomoto's death. The same is probably true of Hotori, who Enomoto seemed to not expect to be there switching in, but there's no way to be sure about that.
>>
>>380885361

Goddammit.
>>
>ze thread turned into an r11 thread
nice
>>
>>380885203
>2 0 2 8
Huh? That's the year ZTD happens. How does it connect to R11?

>>380886046
Nope, sorry.
>>
>>380886463
is joke

>>380886428
better than talking about ztd
>>
>>380886123
>He stabs his future body in that ending because he and Satoru want to believe in the many-worlds interpretation
nani. I wasn't talking about the open the box ending. Enomoto tried to stab SELF(in naoyas original body) when he was going full REEEEE
kicking the computer and shit. Only he got btfo by a baby a switch or two later. It's that point where it's dumb trying to kill yourself.
>>
File: sigma_art.png (2MB, 1165x1648px) Image search: [Google]
sigma_art.png
2MB, 1165x1648px
>what kinda art you want famalam?
>uchi: JUST fuck it up
How the fuck is this the same person?
>>
>>380885767
>whoa the ' routes in I/O have unlocked cool
>get utterly mindfucked by them
>do E'
>oh wow haha i'm now in a fucking beach with every major character and the rest of the world is dead and wow quantum shit
what the fuck was that
i still enjoyed it
>>
So, did Satoru cuck That Guy?
>>
>>380886854
Honestly, that was one of the few things ZTD did alright. Them toning down the over the top stuff art design (for the most part). I like how Sigma looks in ZTD over VLR in comparison.
>>
>tfw having to wait for ZE threads to pop up to discuss the infinity series
i wish they were more popular
>>
>>380887106
Go to bed, uchi.
>>
>>380887054
Satoru was cucked by Naoya from the grave. Lin wanted nothing to do with some random blondie claiming to be her ex bf after she had to deal with some other bitch doing the same thing for a week. If plan Yukidoh failed then he was just cucked by himself for being an idiot.
>>
File: 1479161952577.jpg (85KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1479161952577.jpg
85KB, 960x544px
>>380886854
only bad thing about ZTD Sigma is his constant frowning though.
>>
>>380887350
I liked it too. Not a fan of overly exaggerated designs. That's why I don't like the character art in Anonymous;Code. It just seems dumb.
>>
>>380887361
>you will never literally kill yourself
yukidohs plan failure sure was fucking wacky
>>
>>380887674
>Anonymous;Code
Hol up, what is this? I've never heard of it until this post so I searched it up and it looks pretty interesting. I think the design and art are u n i q u e
>>
File: EN06BL.png (192KB, 451x571px) Image search: [Google]
EN06BL.png
192KB, 451x571px
>>380886843
Consider that at that point, Enomoto had already dealt with a lot of unexpected shit. He thought everything would go fine, which is likely what Satoru thought as well, otherwise they would have been way more careful (although they were pretty careful already with putting away the drugs). He had already seen things go off the intended course and he didn't know for sure if Self had really come in or not since he had no way to check, so he tried to address it as if it was Satoru when it came to see him, but it freaked out instead. He would have figured that the timeline he was on was totally fucked, and that he would go time travel to fix it, so he'd kill off the threat (Self) and scuttle the plan so he could reset everything and have them try again or do something else but instead he got destroyed.

>>380887361
>>380887793
>you will never switch bodies with your cute physicist crush and then get really mad when he vanishes from the world so you try to stab his replacement when he's in your body but then a fetus swaps into your body and stabs you instead
>>
File: 1494867304759.jpg (93KB, 269x307px) Image search: [Google]
1494867304759.jpg
93KB, 269x307px
>>380887793
>tfw STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT
The voice actors in this game could really fuckin sell it. Kokoro's especially during emotional scenes
>>
>>380886854
The new one was pretty bad. Sloppy anatomy and perspective, loss of all muscle definition, lazy screen tones and textures in place of actual shading, genericized face, low-effort clothing design. Terrible decision.
>>
where is r11 epilogue anon
will he ever finish god's work
will he ever stop yuniposting
>>
File: UN11AL.png (239KB, 500x537px) Image search: [Google]
UN11AL.png
239KB, 500x537px
>>380888850
>tfw three smugboy variants
>>
>>380886854
rip forearms
>>
>>380888976
Will there ever be another uchi shota this good of a character? Quark was a useless plot device and Sean was okay but was wasted potential
>>
>>380886854
So why did he look like a race car driver anyways
>>
http://remember11.wikia.com/wiki/Analysis_of_Remember_11
>tfw waiting for the rest of the missing wordpress to get translated then i find this
what a godsend
i just dont know how accurate it is
>>
>>380886059
I will when I find the copy I was borrowing. I heard I will be even more disappointed
>>
>>380889624
You already heard the worst from the first game. The beeg tweest for the second game is foreshadowed rather heavily to the point that if you're surprised by it's outcome you were probably sleeping throughout the whole game. If it helps the cases overall were better than the first games.
>>
But what happened to Clover and Alice
>>
>>380890008
SCHRODINGERS
You aren't there to observe what happened to them because they were omitted in ztd, so they can be back in their own time and also not, at the same time. Multiverse n shiet. That's my retarded theory. Or you can believe they alien transported, and the originals left behind killed themselves.
>>
>>380890008
Time traveled back in time. Alice ended up in Egypt and that is how all-ice Egyptian queen started. Clover gets transported to her rightful time meets up with Snake. I wish.
>>
>>380890276
Yeah, this is pretty much the conclusion I reached too, but it sucks that Uchi didn't give us a clear answer.
Snake still stays a huge question mark, there's no way he stayed still all those years while his sister was missing.
>>
>>380890008
they died on their way back to their home planet
>>
>>380848708
Yeah, the game in which the creator said that he changed the script because he didn't want to get bored writing, did not ruin the series. Keep in mind this game was only made possible by the years of support by the fans, which the creator directly addressed, and even showed his gratitude by declaring ZTD's target audience to be new players rather than the fans who made the game possible. That doesn't even take into account the shit puzzles, animations, voice acting, length, and overall drop in the quality of the storytelling.
>>
did ZTD introduce the multiverse or it was VLR? I can't remember
>>
>>380890580
>try to push Clover as fanservice character for the Japanese audience
>abandon her and pretend that she never existed after his plan backfired on him
Fuck Uchi.
>>
>>380852667
Kyle
>>
>>380890861
It was 999, except that the way it works was changed in every game.
>>
>>380885229
Not only does she not, she gets married to Junpei and has a happy ending.
>>
>>380891123
I see, 999 always felt just like going back to the start and making different choices
>>
>>380891317
Akane explains the multiverse at the end and how she used it to tell Junpei the code for the coffin or the safe or whatever it was even though they never found it in that timeline, but thats it. VLR used it more often with shifting.
>>
>>380883065
Hey there.
I am here.

>The player takes Yukidoh's body -> Yukidoh's consc. takes Enamoto's body -> Enamoto takes...
In the timeline it's revealed they switched before the beginning of the game, so it's more like (pregame) Enamoto's consc. takes Yukidoh's body -> vice versa, Naoya(as sunglasses) plants his ass in SPHIA along with his friend, Self takes Eno's body -> Yukidoh's consc. goes ?
The last we hear from him is the description of his consc. floating away with the clock tower in the bg, in which ORE takes his place.
It feels like he vanished just like Sayaka, replaced by us, but maybe he didn't? Maybe he persisted and saw over his plan and become one with SELF, or transcended above 2d

There was a drama cd where Yuni was in a hospital talking to this girl named Alice, who was "looking for her oniichan" and had parents who abused her, and she had the same voice actress as Keiko/Sayaka. I don't know what the fuck was going on there, but it's possibly proof Sayaka was not completely gone, therefore Yukidoh might not be truly gone when he dropped from that clock tower.
>>
>>380889481
Oh, I didn't know about this. It does still have some problems though.

It says that Inubushi (Sayaka) evidently suffered childhood abuse before her mother died, but if it was common knowledge that Inubushi was Sayaka, then people would know that she had murdered her own parents at the age of 8. There's no real reason to suspect abuse.

This is also saying that the "final level" was switching the entire world on January 17th with the 11th, which is very strange. The reasoning behind this seems to be that there's an ending where Kokoro's consciousness returns to January 11th in the wreckage, but you could also say that this happened because Self influenced her consciousness.

This guy even thinks that Enomoto put the drug on the cheese when Utsumi clearly did it so I can't really agree with him on a lot of these points.
>>
>>380892237
alice is just personality A, not sayaka
>>
>>380888001
Another semi;colon VN by Chiyomaru (Chaos;Head/Child, Steins;Gate and others). The concept is full of great potential, both narratively and philosophically.
>>
>>380892613
Did Robotics;Notes ever get translated?
>>
>>380893083
Not that guy but no, we're supposed to talk a lot about R;N if that's what we want to see translated, MAGES. is listening.
>>
>>380887674
>>380892613

Sounds cool. Especially because that is exactly what is happening in our reality. And the idea needs to become more mainstream before normies are going to accept us living within a universe simulation.
>>
File: 10 MONTHS.jpg (56KB, 711x720px) Image search: [Google]
10 MONTHS.jpg
56KB, 711x720px
>>380849465
>In the end there are barely any unanswered questions
Why are there aliens
Where's Kyle
How was Brother able to see through timelines if he can't SHIFT
What happened at the end
Is the player themself a character like was implied at the end of VLR
Where's Kyle
What happened to Sigma, Diane and Phi, they don't have a proper epilogue, does Phi even continue to exist what about old Sigma's mind
What the fuck was Q Team's epilogue and how the fuck was Sean going to prevent things from happening or whatever
Did Carlos shoot Brother
Who's the terrorist that somehow manages to kill everyone in the world
Where the fuck is Kyle
>>
>>380852371
Wait, when? Seriously no trolling, could you specify, where exactly this got mentioned in the previous games?
>>
>>380877347
Philip K Dick

Try Ubik and the Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
>>
>>380892487
But why was it not Inubushi Keiko? Throughout the game she doesn't really switch between personalities by name (only pretending to be Hotori because it benefited her) The signs of the others were there, like her trying to seduce "Satoru", or crying and clinging to him before Utsumi tranqs her, switching between heartless to vulnerable/dependant to cheerful, but those different facets don't call themselves names like Alice. Why only then?

That cd brings up a shit ton of more questions for me, why was Yuni in the hospital for an undisclosed reason? An experiment maybe?
Coupled with his random dislike for Lieblich/no father I feel like there was going to be a lot more to him than what was actually included.
>>
>>380893935
>if someone was able to access the morphogenetic field and add information they would be able to control other people
VLR
>Brother has the power to control the minds of other people
I don't remember the exact words but this is true
>>
>>380893889
Carlos shoots Delta in one timeline and doesnt shoot him in another. Also Delta knows about other timelines because he can read the minds of shifters, he explained this. You are right about the rest though, especially team Q's epilogue being awful.
>>
>>380894213
I dont remember anything in 999 since I played it years ago but I am 100% sure they mentioned that Brother had some sort of special power involving mind control or reading minds or something in VLR and thats how he managed to find the moon base and send Dio over to bomb it (ZTD retconned this to "Delta planned the whole thing" but whatever).
>>
>>380895043
There's nothing said about Brother having mind control powers in VLR. Just getting information from the field like was already established.
>>
>>380894737
>Carlos shoots Delta in one timeline and doesnt shoot him in another
There's no evidence that there's a branching timeline there anon.
>Also Delta knows about other timelines because he can read the minds of shifters, he explained this
But whose mind did he read? He set up the entire events of ZTD way before ZTD so I'm fairly certain that it couldn't have been anyone of the 9 people there. Unless it was Gab.
>>
>>380895043
Brother had the ability to "touch the thoughts of other people and see into them".
>>
>>380894017
These are things I've already considered for a long time. I have ways to rationalize all of it even if people don't agree.

For Inubushi: She was Yukidoh Sayaka originally, of course, and there's no evidence she was abused. She gained DID through unknown means, likely in a way that was really suspicious so Leiblich wanted to study her and Satoru started to think that something might have influenced her after she "died". She gained 11 personalities, and normally the way DID is treated is having alters merge back together or for the main personality to accept the alters eventually. There were other incidents that happened around the same time as Sayaka murdering her parents according to the timeline so clearly the DID cases were artificially induced. Leiblich got their hands on Sayaka and experimented with her, probably to see if they could either merge or divide her alters further without Satoru realizing it (they're not exactly ethical). Eventually, she grew up and through some method had her alters combined fairly well but not fully by the time the plan started in 2012, as you can see by her actions. She undergoes a hard switch right before one transfer, when she starts crying "I don't want to go I don't want to go I don't want to go" as Self pressures her regarding the death of the rat for a while. She has aspects of each alter and none of Sayaka, because Sayaka is gone.

As for Yuni, he actually has no mother, not no father. Those are his words. And you're right that it's questionable why Yuni would be in the same hospital as Inubushi. The time the drama CD takes place would be January of 2010 based on it being "a year ago" from the cabin in 2011, and that's about a year after Inubushi (Jack) committed her killing spree at Awazumi Municipal Hospital. Her trial could easily have been finishing up around that time, so she would have been shipped out to SPHIA from that hospital. Yuni could easily have been a test subject for Leiblich.
>>
>>380870157
my experience is that the fans love EoE, and a few unironically say it's one of the greatest films ever
>>
>>380875569
>overly attached to her older brother she shares a psionic connection with in 999
>they survive two nonary games together, run away from home together, and barely scrape by working shitty jobs together
>Alice shows up and she forgets he even exists and starts dressing like a streetwalker
>only mentions Snake once in the entirety of VLR
>isn't even a little bit concerned for his safety or curious about his whereabouts

Pissed me off more than anything in ZTD.
>>
>>380896972
EoE didnt really retcon the original ending though.
>>
>>380897250
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. They spent a whole game showing us how close they are and then she suddenly stops caring like that.
I feel like VLR Clover was supposed to be an entirely different character in the beginning, that's the only explanation.
>>
>>380897250
>>380897250
>Alice shows up and she forgets he even exists and starts dressing like a streetwalker
I don't think she lost her care for him, feel like his lack of mention in vlr was just to try not to confuse new players.
Her clinging to Alice showed how incredibly codependent she was, first with Snake then with Alice by mimicking her.
>>
>>380896451
This is an incredibly tight theory. Can't really disagree with any of it, other than the mystery of how the other artificial DID were induced and why, but I like it. And whoops, rechecked the scene and it was he had no mother. Dunno why I remembered it as no father.

Are you third route writer anon?
>>
>>380900615
>third route writer
What? Somebody writes R11 fanfiction?
>>
>>380900615
How the artificial DID was induced could be due to Self's influence or from something else's influence. It's not feasible for someone to say "multiple people got DID because Leiblich gave it to them and nobody noticed this", it's not like they had a magic wonder drug that could do that. It's something that's up in the air, as is why exactly Yuni would be involved with Leiblich, but you could make several jumps about him and where exactly he's been in the past, even if just briefly.

also yeah
>>
>>380900794
Yeah, see the post below yours
>>380900978
I see, it's too vague to pin down the exact cause, not sure how it would be self since we only induced Sayaka's change, but everything in this game is vague and it's fun to theorize.

I've seen you around in past threads and it's awesome what you're doing. It's good shit, best of luck to you
Thread posts: 500
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.