[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concensus on Yooka-Laylee? I really need a 3D platformer to play.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0002.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
Concensus on Yooka-Laylee? I really need a 3D platformer to play.
>>
>>380846483
It's pretty good but not amazing 8/10
>>
Wait for the patch coming at the end of the month. My first few hours with it were much jankier than I expected and the patch apparently has a lot of fixes.
>>
>>380846483
It starts off alright, but it really does not stick the landing. Really goes downhill after you learn some of the final moves and they make some of your earlier efforts feel worthless.
>>
>>380846483
I refunded it

Get Poi on Steam it plays like Mario 64
http://store.steampowered.com/app/401810/Poi/
>>
If you haven't played banjo kazoo yet, just play that.

If you already have then YL is just an inferior version of that game, it's not awful just painfully average.
>>
>>380846483
Yooka Laylee is
1. Overpriced
2. Bland as fuck
3. Huge step back next to Kazooie
4. Feels empty
5. Innovative
6. Total lack of polish

just skip it or pirate it, I got fun playing it but that's due to nostalgia.
>>
>>380846483
Not great, and that's not having anything to do with the drama.
You know those bootleg wannabe 3d mascot platformers that companies were shitting out trying to compete with the real good games? Kind of like that.
It's better than DK64 at least.

Would not recommend playing unless you've already played everything else and hunger for even more.
Also the revisiting worlds but with more things in them thing got old quick.
>>
Thanks. I can probably wait for a price drop.
>>
I got the computer version, which I attempted to play with a keyboard and mouse because I don't have a USB controller and didn't think I needed one. In the keyboard and mouse scheme, which is not customizable at all, because this game is basically a shitty console port, the "cancel" button and the "menu" button are the same, ESC (for some reason).

Which means that when I got to the minigame where you race against another character and couldn't beat it because of not having relevant powerups, and immediately after the minigame the character asks you "try again (A) or later (B)", if you press "B" it just brings up the menu instead of actually doing the cancel action.

Which means I was stuck trying that race over and over again.

That's when I stopped playing.

I was enjoying the game well enough until then but how do you put so little fucking thought into how a game plays on a computer? It's disgusting.
>>
>>380846483

its a bit shit
>>
>>380847921
Oh, also, there was no menu even telling you which buttons on the keyboard corresponded to what buttons in the game; you had to peck and guess. I think they fixed that since.
>>
>>380846831
That game looks like trash. Cold trash.
OP wait for A Hat in Time that will probably be okay
>>
>>380849642
then you never played it

it plays smoothly, and I have hat in time preordered but Poi came out a year ago so I got it first, also its like 2x cheaper

pretty sure you can get it for like $5 on g2a since it once was in a monthly bundle
>>
>>380849642
looked for fun, its $2

at this price you really can't go wrong in my opinion
>>
>>380846483
It's shit, get the snake game instead
>>
>>380846483
it's crap atm
Maybe with the patch but I don't believe in miracles
Lacks a lot of polish, some bugs around, gameplay is not really fluid and the dialog voices are really annoying after a few times

Try Skylar & Plux: it has cringy voices and cutscenes but the gameplay is fantastic. It's not a long game tho
>>
>>380846483
it's okay. it really feels like a late-90s/early-00s platformer. unfortunately it emulates this too well, and no improvements have been made to the formula. It reminds me of DK64, with how much of a time sink they forcefully make it. If you haven't gone through them, I'd just recommend going on vs recommended wiki to find out which of the top tier ones you may have missed, and then just emulate them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.