[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: E3 blunders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: yugi.jpg (12KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
yugi.jpg
12KB, 224x224px
Post historical blunders.
Starting with a classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-4HNmuEAKg
Bonus points if you guess what is going to be the biggest blunder of E3 2017.
>>
That weird game ubi showed with the shoutcaster dude commentating will be a massive failure I'd guess.

On the topic of ubi doing weird shit, did they ever actually release that laser tag game they awkwardly revealed a few years back?
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sr57Je1fVvM
>>
>>380845775
>That weird game ubi showed with the shoutcaster dude commentating will be a massive failure I'd guess.
Are you talking about that thing showed at the MS conference? Yep, definitely got a Battleborn vibe from that.
>>
>>380845341
My guess is Anthem, it's gonna be hit with some serious downgrades.
>>
>>380845341
What's the significance behind this blunder? Retarded vehicles? Bad game?
>>
>>380846458
If you're talking about the Killzone 2 reveal, they showed a 100% scripted video with impossible by then graphics, and pretended it was real.
>>
>>380846458
They claimed it was in game footage when it was actually a pre-rendered scene.
>>
File: 1497662091884.jpg (23KB, 367x420px) Image search: [Google]
1497662091884.jpg
23KB, 367x420px
>>380845341
I'LL TAKE YOUR FIVE MAKE IT A TEN
B R O W N B R I C KS AMEN
>>
>>380846406
I still can't believe how many people still can get hyped for anything made by Bioware. But they get hyped for that Spider-Man shit too, so yeah.
>>
>>380846581
>>380846589
Thanks, watching it again that looks a terribly bad idea for a gameplay reveal.
>>
>>380846363
Yeah the one with the weird yellow T shirt wearing neckbeard on the platform screaming.
>>
>>380845341
>there are people who still argue kz2 looks good

I just don't understand how they ignore the low res textures, motion blur to hide everything, and the awful lighting.
>>
>>380848128
I wonder what they thought that would accomplish. In all honesty when western developers do anything out of the ordinary during conferences it's always cringy. At least when nips do it they are so naive that you can't hate them.
>>
>>380846286
This was unironically the best thing to happen that conference.
>>
>>380846286
what the fuck just happened?
>>
>>380848128
the darwin project looks fun at least though. and the announcer is actually a player who influences the game
>>
>>380849596
>and the announcer is actually a player who influences the game
what? elaborate
>>
>>380845341
i remember losing my shit over this trailer as a kid when it first came out and i couldn't have even given 2 shits about Killzone, it just looked so mind blowing. what a crock of shit that was.

same with that Eyedentify game or whatever it was called from that year where you'd use the Eyetoy to talk to a couple of anime waifu's who had SUPER SMART AI that would laugh at your jokes! etc.
>>
>>380849703
>same with that Eyedentify game or whatever it was called from that year where you'd use the Eyetoy to talk to a couple of anime waifu's who had SUPER SMART AI that would laugh at your jokes! etc.
Oh, yeah, I remember that. It was on PS3, right?
Speaking of interacting of Skynet, one of my favourites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIbGnBQcJY
>>
>>380849656
from what they revealed, the player as the announcer can effect the environment, like drop a med pack somewhere or create a hazard. hopefully it isn't too unbalanced though
>>
>>380849856
wow, so it REALLY is not-hunger games: the game
but I assume this "affect the environment" thing isn't done by voice, right? the guy didn't have any controller IIRC
>>
>>380850031
he didn't have a controller, but to even be in a game on xbox you need one, so I am guessing everything will actually be controlled one, or keyboard since it will be on pc too(probably crossbuy)

>During the trailer a shoutcaster narrated the action as viewed from an in-game drone, part of its Show Director mode.

>“The director dashboard contains a suite of tools, unlocked through a progression system, with the potential to influence the outcome of the match,” Microsoft said in a press release issued today. “The show director can choose to give the underdog an unforeseen edge or turn the tables on a particularly bloodthirsty contestant by restricting zones, calling in airstrikes, or even triggering a manhunt — which reveals a player’s position for a few seconds.”
>>
>>380845341
that darwin project game will probably have a whopping double digit playerbase to rival battleborn
>>
>>380850447
goddamn, this sounds so easy to break
>>
>>380850447
actually, a neat part from an article about it:
>It will also feature some kind of interactivity through Microsoft’s Mixer streaming platform.

so it really seems like they are targeting to have an audience watch too.
>>
please post some cringe Ubi jokes on stage
>>
>>380850562
oh yeah, what's this mixer shit about? I had never heard of it before the conference.
>>
E3 2017 blunders will be the things that people will look back on and ask 'what were they thinking?'

That Ubisoft toy to life thing, after they suffer a total loss on it.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 reveal once more people get clued in to the fact that it's truly, literally BG&E2 in name only, and really just ubisoft GTAO.

Bethesda giving a total of two and a half minutes to their VR games, after they become remembered very fondly as some of the first major adoption-driving hits.

Bethesda paid mods 2.0 after they are once again forced to back down.

Microsoft backing away from VR on XboneX (at the reveal), after it later becomes known as a VR system (especially compared to PS4Pro which suffers trying to run major VR games in 2018/2019).

Valve failing to reveal their Q4 2017 games at E3 (leading to a much less dramatic reveal later, when they could have COMPLETELY stolen the show at this lackluster E3).
>>
>>380851000
>Bethesda paid mods 2.0 after they are once again forced to back down.
I can't wait to see this. All the paid mods apoligists rising again. It's gonna be glorious.

>>
Valve failing to reveal their Q4 2017 games at E3 (leading to a much less dramatic reveal later, when they could have COMPLETELY stolen the show at this lackluster E3).
what did they show? I completely agree on the fact that this E3 was terrible. All the retards saying NINTENDO WON ignore the fact that it did only because the competitors were dreadful. If Sony would have actually put effort in the conference the Nintendo one would have been ok at best.
>>
>>380850812
it was formerly called beam. microsoft bought it as a twitch competitor, and for the most part it is more enjoyable. it has almost no delay compared to twitch's 10 second delay and it has buttons integrated for viewers that all for interactivity; like sounds playing, button input, etc. it's the default built in streaming service now on xbox and allows you to broadcast with kinect
>>
>>380846363
I get battleborn vibes from most games shown at E3
>>
>>380851000
>Microsoft backing away from VR on XboneX (at the reveal), after it later becomes known as a VR system (especially compared to PS4Pro which suffers trying to run major VR games in 2018/2019).

how is this a blunder? they just revealed the actual hardware, introducing two new pieces of hardware in one year would have been a bad idea. plus vr hasn't gained that much momentum yet
>>
why not awesome moments at e3 instead? I'll start with one that cannot be topped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw_Bd-13YCk
>>
>>380851638
>someone thought this was presentable
>>
I can't even remember what was revealed in 2017. What is even there to look forward to? All I can remember is the Dragon Ball Z fighting game.
>>
File: 285087-ngbbs4df013f1e9594[1].jpg (22KB, 599x322px) Image search: [Google]
285087-ngbbs4df013f1e9594[1].jpg
22KB, 599x322px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU2d_Pld3w8

The ultimate (((((our guy)))))
>>
>>380846286
>10 second trailer and that's it

That's shit will never not make me laugh
>>
>>380846286
I don't get it, what the fuck is going on
>>
>>380845341

What about the chick that cheated on her BF getting BLACKED at this E3?
>>
>>380845341
When Xbone came out and they focused almost the entire show on non game related stuff. It still hurts them till this day even if they have tried to fix it.

And I owned a 360. I might have bought an Xbone too if they hadn't gone full normie-core instead of focusing on the fucking games.
>>
>>380849820
>VR British shota little brother
Ah, a shame it was a Molyneux project.
>>
>>380845775
>>380846363
It felt like a game tailor made for streamers and "competitive player" types.

Whenever someone tries too hard to cash in on these fads it fails miserably.
>>
>>380849820
It's amazing they can get away with things like this.
>>
>>380845341
>watching E3 this year
>all of that focus on female characters

Fifteen or twenty years ago I wouldn't have bat an eyelash at a female video game character but in this day and age it just feels so obvious and try hard what they are attempting to do.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.