[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOL AMIRITE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1482994714005.png (315KB, 540x746px) Image search: [Google]
1482994714005.png
315KB, 540x746px
LOL AMIRITE
>>
>>380844421
What about Sonic CD's and Knuckles' Chaotix's special stages?
>>
>>380845137
theyre gay
>>
>>380844421
All special stages suck.
They're a gate to keep the game from becomming piss easy with super sonic, but you're going to do it anyways and ruin the rest of the game for yourself every time because it's cool.

Super Sonic was a mistake.
>>
>>380844421
Who here never beat Blue Spheres
>>
>>380844421

Never got why people like Blue Sphere. It's the worst of them all in my opinion, and completely takes me out of my enjoyment of the game.

There are no physics or sense of momentum involved, Sonic is locked into this weird grid-based movement which feels like the antithesis of the type of character Sonic is. The abstract rules are not explained to you, and the objective is to run around this abstract space collecting orbs, as opposed to the other special stages which have objectives and gameplay similar to the main game, with recognizable collectibles and hazards that have identifiable designs. Every map is totally featureless so there's no variation in visuals, no way to tell which direction you're going or find sections you need to complete.

The only thing is has going for it is that it has a billion dumb, boring levels. Blue Sphere is the Sonic bonus stage of autism.
>>
>>380844421
The wacky room thing is fun in a rage inducing way, half pipe is plain boring and blue spheres is plain unfun cancer.
>>
>>380845891
>action
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: 1473481887854.png (7KB, 128x144px) Image search: [Google]
1473481887854.png
7KB, 128x144px
>>380846337
I'd prefer it over Sonic 2's half-pipe gameplay which is essentially a auto-scroller with Tails making shit more annoying if you have him enabled.

>The abstract rules are not explained to you, and the objective is to run around this abstract space collecting orbs, as opposed to the other special stages which have objectives and gameplay similar to the main game, with recognizable collectibles and hazards that have identifiable designs.
I can understand where you're getting at but you still have jumping over stuff & sort-of springs (yellow spheres) like normal gameplay has and rings are a thing to collect so that's completely recognizable. I can get how one could be confused on the yellow & star spheres though.

>there's no variation in visuals
Blue Spheres has as much variation in visuals as Sonic 2's since levels have different color schemes like it. Also Sonic 1 has no variation in visuals, probably the best one to do this are Sonic CD's since ever stage has it's own background and floor designs.

>no way to tell which direction you're going or find sections you need to complete
Varies from stage to stage, some are very linear and are completely understandable while others aren't like fuck S&K's first Special Stage, it's not hard but trying to find the last few can be annoying.

I think Sonic 1's or Sonic CD's special stages could be the best since you have total control over Sonic in a free space, can control his speed/how he jumps and how long you're in the stage is up to your skill. But even then those can have their issues to some, personally I don't mind either of them even CD on the original Sega CD but it could be a problem to others.
>>
>>380847562

At least the half pipe has some correlation to what Sonic actually does, which is running fast and jumping off of ramps and loops.
>>
>>380848171
Blue Spheres also has Sonic running fast, it technically does more than the half-pipe does even since you progressively get faster over time.
>>
>>380844421
>get blue spheres
It is extremely repetitive qte-tier "press left on the correct moment" gameplay that takes a shitload of time and disrupts the flow of the main game. Suddenly it asks for a hundred of spheres which is a lot of time you have to spend on a Sonic minigame with mediocre gameplay.
>>
>>380848268

I guess, but running on a flat surface just doesn't convey the same sense of movement to me. I'll give you the movement speed increase though.
>>
>>380848610
I'll give you the ramps also, they both have their issues essentially. I wonder what Mania is going to do for a Special Stage, we know it's not Blue Spheres so far.
>>
>>380846337
Blue sphere is the simplest of all the damn special stages, as well as the easiest. The special stage is built around the grid based movement, and are very linear. the only one that is slightly difficult Special stage 4 in S&K, as that one has no room for error. The absolute worst special stage in any sonic game was the first Gba sonic. They took everything wrong with sonic 2 special stages and amplified it.
Sonic 2 also has absolutely no forward momentum whatsoever, where as Blue sphere speeds up over time, which affects you jump.
>>
>>380848558
You never figured out the that running through the outer edge of the boxes turne the box into rings is the only thing i get from that staement
>>
>>380849112

1. The game does nothing to teach you this
2. That mechanic does nothing to make the minigame more interesting.
>>
I like the Blue Spheres. It feels natural, challenging and pretty fair.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.