[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who do you want to see as a newcomer in Smash for Nintendo Switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: smash 5 newcomer template.png (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smash 5 newcomer template.png
141KB, 1280x720px
Who do you want to see as a newcomer in Smash for Nintendo Switch?
>>
>>380842667
Travis Touchdown
>>
Banjo&Kazooie which is not going to happen.
>>
>>380842667
Simon Belmont. His fighting style is a perfect fit for Smash
>>
File: joe 5.png (914KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
joe 5.png
914KB, 1280x720px
>>380842667
>>
Newcomers that would blow people's socks off:
>Master Chief as part of the new Microsoft-Nintendo partnership
>Reimu if the new 2hu comes out for the Switch
>>
>>380842942
I unironically want Reimu in Smash
>>
>>380842873
Why didn't I think of this
>>
>>380842667
My main fucker Bomberman.
>>
Dark Souls 2
>>
One Gen 7 Pokemon
One of the four Champions from BOTW
One Ubisoft 3rd party rep
One Arms rep
One Splatoon rep

Pretty reasonable I think
>>
>>380844196
>yfw BotW Link uses the Champion powers for his B moves
>up B is revali's gale
>side b is Urbosa's fury
>down B is Daruk's shield
>neutral is Mipha's grace (kind of broken though)
>>
>>380842667
Earthworm Jim and Bomerman
>>
it would horrible for esports teams to adapt if smash 4 switch got new characters. They'd have to abandon the hundreds of wii u's purchased soully to play smash on and purchase hundreds of brand new nintendo switches that are already hard to come by
>>
I only want a smt rep.
Like Flynn/Nanashi/Jack Frost
A Blazblue rep will probably never happen, but if they ever include Ragna, I'll buy a switch just for this.
>>
>>380842667
I want to see good gameplay to make a comeback. Not gonna happen i know.
>>
Shy Guys stacked on top of each other.
>>
File: 1485099243264.jpg (45KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
1485099243264.jpg
45KB, 486x409px
>>380845883
>>
>>380845883
ebin XDD
>>
>>380842667
Waluigi
Gengar
Hector
Captain Syrup
Fawful
Alucard or Simon Belmont, Belmont has a unique weapon in the whip but Alucard has shield spells and other cool things that could be used in a moveset
>>
The more I think about it the more I want them to just make Smash 5 without porting Smash Wii U/3DS.
>>
>>380842667
Is there any proof of Smash 4 on Switch even happening? I think if it was happening it would've already been announced.
>>
Crono, even though it will never ever ever happen.
>>
File: ballio.png (211KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ballio.png
211KB, 900x900px
I can feel it in my bones.
>>
>>380847186
People think it's happening because of leaks that were already proven false. /v/ is absolutely fucking braindead, especially when it comes to Smash. They'll let some crazy person on twitter string them along for years and then get mad when they get burned for the 5th consecutive time.

But at the same time, if Nintendo were going to port the game, I can understand why they wouldn't do it this year when ARMS and Pokken DX are being released.
>>
>>380842667
Jack frost.
SMT has been exclusive to nintendo since Nocturne and V is coming to the switch soon but it is probably just not mainstream enough to get in unfortunately.
>>
>>380842667
Urbosa
>Uses her scimitar and shield for neutral attacks
>Special moves involve urbosa's fury/her lightning powers

Inkling
>Neutral attacks are all melee weapons: swiping inkbrush or a roller for stronger attacks
>Special moves are all ranged weapons: standard b shoots a splatter shot; holding side b lets you charge a charger shot, for a small window of time while it's charged you hang still in the air and you are pushed back slightly when you fire
>Shielding and rolling/dodging is done in squid form, if you're on the ground you hide in a small puddle of ink beneath you, it fades away when you go back to kid form
>Alt costumes - 4 male, 4 female, 8 different colours and outfits, all have different hairstyles (spla2n has 4 hairstyles for each gender)

Captain Toad
>Fast, small bouncy character, has small jumps like little mac
>Neutral attacks involve swinging around his heavy backpack
>His movement is very slippery and hard to control as he is light and swung around by the momentum of his backpack (he has a lot of aerial control because of this, even though he can't jump very high)
>Special moves involve him chucking gems and gold out of his backpack
>Down B is like peach's, he picks up a turnip, but instead he holds it on his head and it has a different trajectory
>Neutral B toggles his head torch - perfectly timing turning it on when close to another character stuns them for a tiny amount
>Alt costumes are the other members of the toad brigade and toadette

I don't a wii u port btw, I hope they just make smash 5 instead.
>>
>>380847186
I don't know, the fact that every nintendo home console for the past 20 years as well as their first powerful enough handheld has had one and it's one of their best selling franchises?
>>
>>380842667
Rayman
>>
>>380848527
Only 3DS and Wii U got Smash 4.

You might be too young to know this, but Smash on N64, Gamecube and Wii were all separate games. The first game only had twelve playable characters! My, how far we've come since then.
>>
File: Tatanga_in_Pagosu.png (30KB, 180x158px) Image search: [Google]
Tatanga_in_Pagosu.png
30KB, 180x158px
>>380842667
I want this guy. Acknowledge him, Nintendo!!
>>
>>380847186
Certain people just REALLY want it for some reason. I think it's desperate rosterfags. Personally I would hate it and would vastly prefer just waiting for Smash 5.
>>
>>380842667
Honestly since Cloud got in, they might as well just add Sora at this point. He at least would make some sense since there's been a few KH games on Nintendo systems. Yes there's the Disney issue but if anyone can get it done it's Sakurai.
>>
>>380848743
How the fuck was anything you just said relevant to the conversation?
>>
>>380842667
So does anyone think smash might be the switch's big 2018 (holiday) title? No way metroid is gonna be 2018 and pokemon will most likely be 2019 and we don't know anything other than yoshi and kirby coming next year
>>
File: gancer.jpg (81KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
gancer.jpg
81KB, 800x1067px
You know what? All your propositions are shit.
The future is pretty clear. Ubisoft is the biggest western 3rd-party developer that actually supports Nintendo right now. There is a partnership between these 2 companies. Ubi developed ZombieU for the console's launch against all odds of success. They designed Rayman Legends to be a WiiU exclusive, then backed up on that. And now, Nintendo allows them to use their biggest, most successful IP.
You do not want me to be right, but we're getting a Ubisoft character for the next Brawl and there's nothing we can do about it.
Screencap this for posterity.
>>
>>380849925
How many games that are coming this year did we know about last year? Exactly.
>>
>>380845883
Epig XD haha you posted it again wow
>>
File: 1497323021608.jpg (18KB, 251x293px) Image search: [Google]
1497323021608.jpg
18KB, 251x293px
>>380842942
>Master Chief

Absolutely not.
>>
A lot of characters I wanted in made it into Smash 4 already. Now all I have left are characters that are either dead themselves (K. Rool) or from dead series (Sami).
>>
Spring Man and Rex from Xenoblade 2 would be neat for me.
>>
File: 1486053272658.jpg (557KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486053272658.jpg
557KB, 1280x720px
>>380842667
I can't believe I'm trapped in a world where >>380850218 is more likely than pic related.
>>
>>380851628
the only fun thing in your pic is jump momentum, the rest is pure autism
>>
My reasonable expectation would be a Wario character, but since Sakurai made Wario mainly represent WarioWare with Wario Land right next to it and can't see it ever change, it'd make more sense for a WarioWare character in this scenario (even though, in case Wario were mainly representing Wario Land, I'd prefer Cpt. Syrup).

Asides from Ashley memes and what not (because we all know Ashley probably doesn't give a crap about Wario, it just happens to be one of the characters involved, but not even a very close friend like Jimmy T or Mona), I'd prefer Mona or Jimmy T if not only for there to be a character that actually supports Wario to a degree. While Cpt. Syrup's his rival, which would make for a interesting combination to say the least of rival against rival, Wario's got not much else regarding actual friends. There's Waluigi, but he hasn't even made any part of a actual Wario game, which definitely cuts his chances short and he's not even a brother, if the whole "bumps into each other and just became friends" is to be believed. At least canonically, asides from Waluigi, Jimmy T and Mona are his closest friends or at least, that's what the series seems to imply early beginning.

It's kinda tricky picking someone to be right next to Wario in Smash, so mileage may vary whether you would prefer Wario to have someone that can just as easily backstab him or someone that's just around he could actually rely on.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.